TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hilux injectors (Who services them)

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Neil26
Ricer

Hilux injectors (Who services them)

Postby Neil26 » July 27th, 2016, 10:46 am

Hilux- 2010 Vigo

Who services these injectors apart from Sookhai Diesel?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Re: Hilux injectors (Who services them)

Postby tr1ad » August 3rd, 2016, 5:09 am

Sookhai is a total waste.... ElectroDiesel offers a much better service

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » August 3rd, 2016, 11:27 am

Message sent

superstainless1250
3NE 2NR for life

Postby superstainless1250 » February 2nd, 2017, 9:35 am

Morning guys for the 2010 hilux 1kd wats the cost for servicing the injectors?

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 3rd, 2017, 10:21 pm

In for details as well...is.this really different from servicing injectors on a normal gas engine?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Hilux injectors (Who services them)

Postby kamakazi » February 7th, 2017, 4:32 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:In for details as well...is.this really different from servicing injectors on a normal gas engine?

Yep... They are quite a bit different actually. A lot easier to remove gasoline injectors to service them...I do not think of removing diesel injectors as an option. I usually use redline 85 plus and or penray diesel fuel prep every fill up

I also used liqui moly diesel purge at 50000km; which was added to my fuel tank with the gauge on the last quarter until it just about touched the last marking.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 14th, 2017, 5:36 pm

Diesel purge?....I never saw that.....I am on 50k sow wondering what to use to service the injectors

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 14th, 2017, 6:31 pm

I honestly do not have any clue as to how any of these injector cleaners work... If they work at all.

I have settled on redline 85 plus... My main reason for use is fuel system lubrication and cetane boost... But
If you do not have a problem I advise you don't go looking for one.

My initial use of all the varied additives was just for testing and I have tested quite a bit...

Diesel purge isn't really meant to be poured in the tank... That was me being lazy. If you are thinking of using liqui moly products their diesel fuel additive is stronger than the diesel purge if I remember my research accurately.

Power service diesel Kleen also seems to work well and is available in Pricesmart... If you shop there

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Postby Big Z » February 14th, 2017, 8:36 pm

The system passes a concentrated mixture of cleaning chemical and fuel through the components of the fuel system while the engine is running. This removes organic and inorganic fuel deposits that build up in fuel injectors and injection pump. Carbon, gum and varnish in the entire upper engine are dissolved and removed during combustion, then passed harmlessly out of the exhaust. This restores the pump and injectors to as new performance.

This is an overview of the process which I use to service diesel pump and injectors.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Hilux injectors (Who services them)

Postby kamakazi » February 14th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Big Z wrote:
The system passes a concentrated mixture of cleaning chemical and fuel through the components of the fuel system while the engine is running. This removes organic and inorganic fuel deposits that build up in fuel injectors and injection pump. Carbon, gum and varnish in the entire upper engine are dissolved and removed during combustion, then passed harmlessly out of the exhaust. This restores the pump and injectors to as new performance.

This is an overview of the process which I use to service diesel pump and injectors.

Without taking apart the head on the engine... How can you confirm that any of this happened (this is not a knock on the service you sell and perform btw... Just asking) A borescope can be easily used on gas engines... Diesel is a touch trickier (no spark plug holes).
Also as this thread is for the hilux... I believe that persons with the 3.0 (1kd) engine have an egr valve and manifold that seems to get clogged up at some point with carbon deposits... The 2.5 doesn't have the egr... The local models at least

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » February 15th, 2017, 7:35 am

in for info as well

MadisonShomo
Riding on 13's

Hilux injectors Who services them

Postby MadisonShomo » March 9th, 2017, 7:54 am

This one has 174k miles, but Im getting it from a reliable friend for a good price. This is a 5.3L, not a 5.7L I didnt know there were any vortec 5.7s left in 02?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”