TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK Advice on 08-2011 Ford Ranger Auto 4x4

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Dragsta
punchin NOS

WTK Advice on 08-2011 Ford Ranger Auto 4x4

Postby Dragsta » November 11th, 2016, 10:11 am

yea guys looking to sell my manual BT50 4x4 and get one of those model Ranger... Mainly cux fedup of the Manual... and there hardly any Auto BT50 around...

i dont hear any major issues with this model Ranger(2008-2011) and i like how it does pull...

i see there are different models with the 2.5L and 3L.. any advise on which one to buy? are there any issues with the 3L?

im looking for a simple one, not the Fancy up wildtrack model

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Re: WTK Advice on 08-2011 Ford Ranger Auto 4x4

Postby hong kong phooey » November 27th, 2016, 4:11 am

Just my experience
but dont buy the AUTo ford
to many sensors
changed the seals on the injector 2 times in the 3 years since i bought a used 07 model . i think the engine is the same in the 08-11 model ( is not expensive is like 40 dollars for one seal but still )
Had to rebuild transmission and that cost 15 thousand - i think i might have gotten screwed there because after i found out it is a common problem and it might just be a belt which should not cost more than 3 thousand to fix
Change out the injectors because when i mash down on the accelerator i see black smoke and people was saying is the injectors leaking. that was another 16 thousand( for the set) - the injectors for the manual is like 4 thousand for the set. and after the change out it still have black smoke when you pull off hard .
the transmission you also cannot drain it and refill it your self you have to hook it up to the pump so another expense.
parts are very expensive in Ansa -
one of my sensors just went bad, the cam shaft sensor Ansa price was 1900 , they think they had one in stock in POS , southern sales price was less than 900 but they had non in stock .

Except that the van pulls good, handle well and can carry load, no problem to climb steep hills with load, never really had to use the 4x4 much so cannot really judge.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WTK Advice on 08-2011 Ford Ranger Auto 4x4

Postby civic minded » March 5th, 2018, 11:26 am

Also if your in central , DO NOT GO BY JERRY'S service center !! They rip me off big time for an injector service and charge me for original but didn't install any

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”