TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

help needed: Rattled from 3.2l ranger engine

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
RANGERLIMITED
Riding on 13's

help needed: Rattled from 3.2l ranger engine

Postby RANGERLIMITED » October 26th, 2017, 8:26 am

I have a 2013 well maintained 3.2 liter T6 ford ranger 4wd. Engine is maintained with amsoil 5w30 full synthetic oil. tranny oil changed. differentials oils changed etc. The problem experienced is when driving and accelerating it works great with no noise. However when slowing down with the foot on the brakes the gears would downshift as it should, but if it slows down to about the engine at 1200-1400 rpm and its on a gear with load(high gear) and i touch the accelerator slightly in would hear a rattle like a pre ignition on a gasoline engine. if i release the accelerator it would go away. it only happens at 1200-1400 rpm with the engine on load while slightly touching the accelertor. Once i push the accelerator down it would sound good and no rattle. . Anyone else had this problem and a solution?. My thoughts thus far is

1) tensioner or idler pulleys?
2)tranny rattle?- oil changed already
3)injectors rattle?

Thanks for any assistance guys

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”