TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Advice: Nissan d22 Frontier starting problem

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
krazykidkrew1
Riding on 13's

Advice: Nissan d22 Frontier starting problem

Postby krazykidkrew1 » December 18th, 2017, 5:38 pm

I have a d22 frontier that was giving a Hard Start problem after i had driven through some flood taught the starter was bad. Serviced the starter and the very next day head gasket failed, Oil in the radiator. Shaved the head and replace with a factory oem gasket.

Problem : On mornings or once the engine cold van starts no problem, However once the van reaches around idle temp the van either sometimes refuses to start or starts after a couple tumbles.

Based on this symptoms i believe that i have a fuel problem however i am unsure.
1) Due to shaving of the head i reduced space in combustion chamber which when van hot leads to in efficient fuel mix
2) That a fuel regulator has failed.
3)The fuel pump brain is being affected by a temp shift for some reason.

However i am just a novice and any help based of this very small vague scenario would be greatly appreciated.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Re: Advice: Nissan d22 Frontier starting problem

Postby racedriverpro » December 18th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Does these have glow plugs? Idk trying to understand what can be the issue here.

My logic:

Good cold start would indicate that fuel pressure is maintained and the fuel system may be working properly.

I think that the reduced cylinder volume should be insignificant.

However it can be where your problem lies. Expanded head may not be sealing properly causing low compression, hard start.

It would be nice if you could do a compression test using the spark plug hole...lol jk. Seriously compression test if possible.

Problem could also be electrical related such as poor ground or failing battery.

So triple check electricals and then make next move which I think should be injector testing..

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”