TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Intrested in purchasing k2700/h100 or Isuzu NPR

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
User avatar
venomz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 709
Joined: January 31st, 2008, 11:29 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Intrested in purchasing k2700/h100 or Isuzu NPR

Postby venomz » July 14th, 2020, 9:42 pm

I’m lookin in purchasing a vehicle to carry market goods from south to north on a daily basis.

My options via discussions with the bank may be

$150k to 175k

Vehicle I’m considering

Kia k2700 - $148k
Isuzu npr 1.5 ton $168K
Hyundai H100 $147k

Can y’all assist in your preference and why? Because form what I understand the Kia is most popular but the Isuzu has more power 2.8l and a 6inch bigger tray both Length and breath

The Kia engine power is the same 2.6l and same tray size.

What is your advice?

Advertisement
User avatar
Kronik
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2244
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Intrested in purchasing k2700/h100 or Isuzu NPR

Postby Kronik » July 15th, 2020, 10:43 am

The Isuzu is the NPR or NHR?

I prefer the NHR as it's better on value and Isuzu hold up solid over time

User avatar
venomz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 709
Joined: January 31st, 2008, 11:29 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Intrested in purchasing k2700/h100 or Isuzu NPR

Postby venomz » July 20th, 2020, 10:27 pm

I stand corrected. It is the NHR Isuzu 1.5!

I know the body is solid, compared to the k2700 and H100

What I don’t know is how well is their engine life spand with normal routine servicing.

User avatar
Kronik
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2244
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Intrested in purchasing k2700/h100 or Isuzu NPR

Postby Kronik » July 22nd, 2020, 4:25 pm

venomz wrote:I stand corrected. It is the NHR Isuzu 1.5!

I know the body is solid, compared to the k2700 and H100

What I don’t know is how well is their engine life spand with normal routine servicing.
Isuzu engines last very very long and can take a lot of abuse.

From my research and questioning of drivers who drive each vehicle and some who drive more than one of them, the h100 is the fastest (being a turbo engine), k2700 has more power for loads than the h100 but the NHR has more power and can pull more load than the k2700.

1 k2700 issue that you might not be aware of until you have it, the rear tyres are apparently not that common and might be hard to find as they are very small. NHR tyres are easier to get, I also prefer the double wheels in the k2700 and NHR Vs single wheel of h100 for traction and in case a tyre blows while you carrying a load. NHR also has a bigger cab which comes in handy if you're a bigger person.

NHR and k2700 trays are lower and more flat/level than h100, which makes a difference when you have to load stuff in it by hand, have to lift less.

NHR will have better resale down the line

User avatar
venomz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 709
Joined: January 31st, 2008, 11:29 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Intrested in purchasing k2700/h100 or Isuzu NPR

Postby venomz » July 24th, 2020, 7:33 pm

:D
Kronik wrote:
venomz wrote:I stand corrected. It is the NHR Isuzu 1.5!

I know the body is solid, compared to the k2700 and H100

What I don’t know is how well is their engine life spand with normal routine servicing.
Isuzu engines last very very long and can take a lot of abuse.

From my research and questioning of drivers who drive each vehicle and some who drive more than one of them, the h100 is the fastest (being a turbo engine), k2700 has more power for loads than the h100 but the NHR has more power and can pull more load than the k2700.

1 k2700 issue that you might not be aware of until you have it, the rear tyres are apparently not that common and might be hard to find as they are very small. NHR tyres are easier to get, I also prefer the double wheels in the k2700 and NHR Vs single wheel of h100 for traction and in case a tyre blows while you carrying a load. NHR also has a bigger cab which comes in handy if you're a bigger person.

NHR and k2700 trays are lower and more flat/level than h100, which makes a difference when you have to load stuff in it by hand, have to lift less.

NHR will have better resale down the line


Ok all things being considered here. I think I should go bigger now to the 3ton isuzu...

User avatar
Kronik
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2244
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Intrested in purchasing k2700/h100 or Isuzu NPR

Postby Kronik » July 24th, 2020, 7:55 pm

venomz wrote::D
Kronik wrote:
venomz wrote:I stand corrected. It is the NHR Isuzu 1.5!

I know the body is solid, compared to the k2700 and H100

What I don’t know is how well is their engine life spand with normal routine servicing.
Isuzu engines last very very long and can take a lot of abuse.

From my research and questioning of drivers who drive each vehicle and some who drive more than one of them, the h100 is the fastest (being a turbo engine), k2700 has more power for loads than the h100 but the NHR has more power and can pull more load than the k2700.

1 k2700 issue that you might not be aware of until you have it, the rear tyres are apparently not that common and might be hard to find as they are very small. NHR tyres are easier to get, I also prefer the double wheels in the k2700 and NHR Vs single wheel of h100 for traction and in case a tyre blows while you carrying a load. NHR also has a bigger cab which comes in handy if you're a bigger person.

NHR and k2700 trays are lower and more flat/level than h100, which makes a difference when you have to load stuff in it by hand, have to lift less.

NHR will have better resale down the line


Ok all things being considered here. I think I should go bigger now to the 3ton isuzu...
Price difference is not much when moving up to the 3 ton, the difference comes in the maintenance costs, bigger engine (more oil to change), bigger tyres (truck tyres costs more and harder to change by yourself), higher fuel costs per km, etc.
On the upside, you have more carrying capacity and space.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests