TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Karting - Just an Idea

Official TTKA Kart Racing Forum - Please visit www.ttkarting.com for more info on Karting

Moderators: LEEding-Edge28, 3ne2nr Mods

JoeBama
Riding on 17's

Postby JoeBama » August 11th, 2009, 1:30 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
cornfused wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
cornfused wrote:yes it on reclaimed land and is a beautiful track, that can be configured for different types of circuit racing, least not forget that they also have a dedicated drag racing facility in westmoreland , and racing tracks that are used in vernam field and dover.

And how many do we have ?

opps we have car parks :?

how many of those were built by the Govt of Jamaica?

I am unsure and unconcerned really. I could not care less it were the dons of the many garrisons around old Kingston and across Jamaica or the Jamaican national network of knitting . The fact remains that real racing takes place

they were built by ppl with an interest in racing in JA
you as a racer are equally to blame for there not being a track in T&T then

So Duane all these years and no fixed track for simple autosports what really can be done by racers and the general masses who want to see racing off the streets? I have read many of the articles that has been on the papers, and here on tuner and I may be ignorant for saying this but the illustrious Min. of Sport whom i believe was into autosports not really helping the situation? (Correct me if i'm wrong)

What is needed is private investos to really set up the a system and facility so local autosports can really realize itz fullest potential.

All the guys with the 225 hp and up power under the hood of their cars and even bikes need a serious track to really work the potential of their cars, cause if you have all that power and nowhere to really drive and i'm not talking about being a arsewipe on the nations roads you just have a really nice expensive loud, piece of eyecandy/eyesore that is worthless

TK!
Riding on 18's

Postby TK! » August 11th, 2009, 3:06 pm

^^^ yup, true.

also true on the nascar point. no one here appreciates it tho.. but i watch it now and then.

to run for so many laps WOT, 160 miles per hour, 4 inches away from the next two drivers, does take special talent. racer and crew.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 11th, 2009, 3:10 pm

JoeBama wrote:
What is needed is private investos to really set up the a system and facility so local autosports can really realize itz fullest potential.

yes

Freak
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Freak » August 11th, 2009, 3:10 pm

^^ i watch nascar, it may not be the most entertaining auto sport there is, but it guys racing and although they are going in a circle they are doing it at 180mph. Certain tracks all 35 cars are no more than 3 secs apart, racing 3 wide inches apart.
Also how ofter do u see a guy who starts in the last 3 or 4 in F1 come thru the entire field and win the race.

JoeBama
Riding on 17's

Postby JoeBama » August 11th, 2009, 3:13 pm

yea itz the skillz i appreciate!

JoeBama
Riding on 17's

Postby JoeBama » August 11th, 2009, 3:26 pm

But I would like to see how demolition derby will do down here and you know the one with the figure eight with the jumps! that would have my attention!

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » August 11th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Freak wrote:^^ i watch nascar, it may not be the most entertaining auto sport there is, but it guys racing and although they are going in a circle they are doing it at 180mph. Certain tracks all 35 cars are no more than 3 secs apart, racing 3 wide inches apart.
Also how ofter do u see a guy who starts in the last 3 or 4 in F1 come thru the entire field and win the race.

you'd be surprised what can happen in a race..esp. when there is a shower of rain and one guy is on wet weather rubber and the rest are struggling on the dry weather rubber.

and the guys who qualify at the bottom of the grid are there for a reason usually lol either they are crappy drivers..their car is sheit..or they had some technical problem in qualifying so they have to start the race at the back of the grid.

phhssttt 180mph... try 220mph..5g's and cars that rev up to 18 000 rpm.

And what's with NASCAR not having races if there is rain?
not like they are in open cockpit cars like F1..what a joke.
F1 will run in rain unless it is extremely heavy and the FIA determines it is a severe safety risk.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 11th, 2009, 3:39 pm

next thing man saying Pinks is proper motorport :|

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » August 11th, 2009, 3:40 pm

yuh ha problem with pinks?

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » August 11th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:they were built by ppl with an interest in racing in JA
you as a racer are equally to blame for there not being a track in T&T then

Trinidad is supposed to be the industry and commerce leader in the caribbean... why should we follow the methods used by other islands whose economy is just lovely ?

What about the uncertain future if a track is even built by a privateer ? Will the governing body allow such a track to host an 'official event' or will it come back to politics ?

Back OT... oval racing requires the cars to be set up a little differently, so I doubt karters will jump at it as a primarly option.

....and Nascar and F1 are completely different... respect to Nascar though... that sport really pushes the limits of speed and consistency.

Freak
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Freak » August 11th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Both are motor sports events u can watch.
They both have there characteristics that add to their sport.
Yuh does see some good battle in pinks all out yo.....

JoeBama
Riding on 17's

Postby JoeBama » August 11th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:next thing man saying Pinks is proper motorport :|

Come on Duane u for sayin that, anybody would would build a car in lest than 3days or have the car that the took years to build, tune and develop and put it all on the line, I will call it a sport!

Sports is all about competition and that is one that comes with a price "Lose the race Lose your ride"!!

How many so called racers down here have that kinda ballz?

put up a Skyline against a RB20det PY Cortina that equipped to do damage see what happens, lol

it is a sport,

some people train their guts for beer drinking, hotdogs, it all seems ridiculous but itz all about competition!

Even Pickin up chicks is a sport! who got game wins at the end of the night!

but thats just my thinking!

LEEding-Edge28
Ricer

Postby LEEding-Edge28 » August 13th, 2009, 7:00 pm

speaking as a karter and i think i do speak for most karters, nascar just isn't our thing to say it politely. In my personal opinion the science behind it is interesting, but no way in hell are you going to get me to watch 500 laps or even 50 laps of oval racing. There is a better chance of getting a midget series running here. oval racing but on dirt, almost a constant drift the entire race. but even with a constant drift that racing still wont appeal to us. But come check out the racing on Sunday and see what we are all about.
New track layout
Control tower
V.I.P. area
Free entry
coolers welcome

JoeBama
Riding on 17's

Postby JoeBama » August 14th, 2009, 11:16 am

Hey Edge I can appreciate what you are saying but you have to remember in anything wither it be a sport or even a product its all about the consumer. While you being a karting pro, i will not disregare any of you statments but me as a watcher of motor sports can see a diversity that can happen within my mind within a sport some things may make sense other things may be crap but once the essence of the sport is not lost i'm cool to accept what ever changes that be or may not be made.
I started this post to say well endurance laps around skinners park, at the time i just thought of it in my mind as great way to promote the sport and the thing is it won't be easy on any driver i believe because of loos gravel, gradiant slopes weather lenght of track a host of many things.
I have been to karting events down here and i like it! You guys have great reflexes to react on those side winding courses, but some times a lil difference is needed to promote a sport.
And as for nascar can everyone get over it! if you don't like it cool but i do, I mean who acutally watches 500 laps of oval racing i would if i were there cause it would be a lime but on tv come on a 10 laps now come back with a beer and somtin to toke on and 1/2 hour later you get better views with the highlights lol

this is my opinion!

Peace

LEEding-Edge28
Ricer

Postby LEEding-Edge28 » August 14th, 2009, 2:40 pm

I hear what ur saying. and i deff do appreciate any ideas to help promote our sport or any type of motorsport for that matter. the physical demands arent so bad on the oval the bigger issue is the equipment. much like a smaller scale nascar and F1 they are 2 totally different machines. There are oval karts and then there are sprint karts (which we have here). oval karts use different tyres, diff engines, ur almost laying down in them while driving and they are made to turn left. sprint karts ur jr. F1 cars.

the TTKA however is working on trying to get a street race in at the end of the year. again, TRYING lol. possibly might even make it an international event. and i wouldnt go as far as to say im a karting PRO but feel free to keep saying it, lol

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » August 14th, 2009, 3:30 pm

^nah hes not a pro....hmmm... maybe an international by the end of year...very nice...BTW can we shorten your user name...i say drop the LEE...yup that sounds about right :lol:

LEEding-Edge28
Ricer

Postby LEEding-Edge28 » August 14th, 2009, 4:59 pm

haha :lol: i sure am happy there are only gonna be REAL photographers at the track this weekend

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » August 14th, 2009, 5:08 pm

ok FIT

Advertisement

Return to “TTKA - Karting”