TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Looking to Buy, Sell or Trade your vehicle? Post it here
Cars, Bikes, Trucks, Pickups, Vans, Boats, ATVs etc

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
• Negative comments or replies, lowballing or 'sale bashing' are NOT allowed in FS topics.
• Personal ads are FREE. Commercial Ads are not allowed without Powerseller Status. Posting items/property for rent is considered commercial.
• Powerseller status is for users who wish to post many items for sale, new or used.
• Even if you do not own a business but would like to post many items for sale, then Power Seller status is required.
• Users are limited to no more than 2 simultaneous Ads / FS (For Sale) topics per classified forum; powersellers are limited to no more than 4.
• Ads that have not been replied to after 180 days will be deleted.
Please click here to view the forum rules
User avatar
Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1366
Joined: July 13th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Richard Marshall » June 17th, 2014, 4:19 pm

A car must pass inspection to be transfered? Or must go for inspection while transferring?

Advertisement
User avatar
shark
Street 2NR
Posts: 39
Joined: October 24th, 2006, 4:25 am
Location: St.Joseph, North

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby shark » June 21st, 2014, 8:53 am

inspection not necessary to transfer...my sticker was 2012 and the officer didn't even look at it

User avatar
Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1366
Joined: July 13th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Richard Marshall » June 21st, 2014, 1:36 pm

Cool. I'm still gonna get it passed anyway. Just in case. What's the fee to change H to P?

User avatar
Kid Anubis
Riding on 13's
Posts: 10
Joined: October 20th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Kid Anubis » June 21st, 2014, 1:57 pm

Bump

barrydee
Posts: 0
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 8:46 am

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby barrydee » July 9th, 2014, 9:30 am

Is it possible to import a car over 35years old and register it here in Trinidad?

User avatar
GReddy23
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 594
Joined: January 21st, 2008, 2:22 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby GReddy23 » July 9th, 2014, 11:59 pm

guys

so a PCW will be 4500 to transfer?

User avatar
Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 6476
Joined: February 22nd, 2004, 9:28 am
Contact:

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Aaron 2NR » July 10th, 2014, 9:05 am

why not just go licensing and find out

saGaboytt
Riding on 13's
Posts: 6
Joined: June 13th, 2012, 10:36 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby saGaboytt » August 22nd, 2014, 6:21 pm

any1 know the price for registering a tidda year 2008

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6752
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby DVSTT » August 26th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Need some help.
If I'm buying a car from a person and on the Certified Copy they are marked as the registered owner but they took a loan to buy the car and someone else's name who stood security on the loan is also on the CC, do I need both of them present to transfer the car or just the owner?

User avatar
sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 1926
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby sweeks » September 3rd, 2014, 5:12 am

DVSTT wrote:Need some help.
If I'm buying a car from a person and on the Certified Copy they are marked as the registered owner but they took a loan to buy the car and someone else's name who stood security on the loan is also on the CC, do I need both of them present to transfer the car or just the owner?



Both persons are required to be there.

User avatar
sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 1926
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 7:53 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby sweeks » September 3rd, 2014, 5:20 am

Has anyone ever transfer their vehicle to company (not an individual)?

If so, how is the procedure different?

User avatar
lancerboss22
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: July 29th, 2014, 5:27 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby lancerboss22 » September 22nd, 2014, 3:35 pm

Love thus thread

SiR8081
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 356
Joined: October 28th, 2009, 1:22 am

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby SiR8081 » September 30th, 2014, 5:40 pm

sweeks wrote:Has anyone ever transfer their vehicle to company (not an individual)?

If so, how is the procedure different?


you need an authorisation letter from the company, authorising their employee to transfer the vehicle into the company's name on their behalf. you also need the company's stamp on the transfer form. if you are selling to a company they should be be familiar with the procedure.

loverboy91
Posts: 0
Joined: April 6th, 2014, 8:34 am

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby loverboy91 » November 8th, 2014, 7:02 pm

Anybody know if you get the certify copy on the same day at San Fernando?

Calor
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1391
Joined: March 3rd, 2013, 1:07 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Calor » November 8th, 2014, 7:13 pm

SiR8081 wrote:
sweeks wrote:Has anyone ever transfer their vehicle to company (not an individual)?

If so, how is the procedure different?


you need an authorisation letter from the company, authorising their employee to transfer the vehicle into the company's name on their behalf. you also need the company's stamp on the transfer form. if you are selling to a company they should be be familiar with the procedure.


Think you also need a copy of the certificate of incorporation

spitfire090
Riding on 13's
Posts: 2
Joined: October 21st, 2014, 11:02 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby spitfire090 » November 18th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Hey guys,have a question,if my car is already inspected and has neccessary stickers,can it be transferred without going over the pit? Reason being?car too low to go over the pit atm,some guys outside "accepting" 600 bucks to forgo this......

Dareem
Riding on 13's
Posts: 2
Joined: January 2nd, 2014, 8:43 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Dareem » November 23rd, 2014, 9:40 pm

Bought and transferred a car in February but only now realized I didn't collect my certified copy since I'm about to sell my car . Anyone knows if I go in with my chit if there will be any problem ?

User avatar
viedcht
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 729
Joined: November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby viedcht » November 29th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Anybody know the process to register a change of engine? I did one about a month ago and only realized I was supposed to do it within a week (as someone suggested). Is that correct?

User avatar
amarmoonasar21
Street 2NR
Posts: 47
Joined: January 18th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby amarmoonasar21 » November 30th, 2014, 7:15 am

It ez go were ur buy the engine an put the date within the week make over a new reciept

User avatar
st7
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 581
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 1:13 am

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby st7 » December 3rd, 2014, 8:48 pm

while the transfer fee is based on the year the car was registered, are loans for local used cars based on the same thing, or on the year of the model of the car?

wevolutions
Ricer
Posts: 22
Joined: October 6th, 2005, 1:18 pm
Location: Trinidad West Indies
Contact:

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby wevolutions » January 14th, 2015, 10:07 am

Any Update on the PDC, PDD and PDE Series on Page 1?

User avatar
noise_maker
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: December 8th, 2010, 7:45 pm
Location: ARIMA
Contact:

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby noise_maker » January 19th, 2015, 8:27 am

How they jump PDF and go straight to PDG?

User avatar
Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10716
Joined: July 22nd, 2004, 2:24 am

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Morpheus » January 19th, 2015, 11:54 am

noise_maker wrote:How they jump PDF and go straight to PDG?


"DF" - Defense Force

That's a no no.......

User avatar
noise_maker
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: December 8th, 2010, 7:45 pm
Location: ARIMA
Contact:

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby noise_maker » January 20th, 2015, 7:12 am

Ok cool

User avatar
Markh
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: October 22nd, 2011, 6:51 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Markh » January 20th, 2015, 9:12 am

Hey tuners, I found myself in a real quandary. I bought a car from someone 3-4 yrs ago. We went through all the transfer procedures in licensing up until the part where I had to join the cashier’s line to pay. I had an emergency and had to leave and I didn’t pay the fee. (and never went back to pay, yea real bad ikr :( ) So its still isn’t paid and upto today and I want to sell the car. I can’t find the guy who I bought it from so that option is out. I’m a bit concerned as to how to approach the situation now, all I have in my possession is the chit to pay the cashier and the old certified copy. What to do???? Please HELP!!!

User avatar
rane
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 428
Joined: November 5th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby rane » January 20th, 2015, 9:26 am

Markh wrote:Hey tuners, I found myself in a real quandary. I bought a car from someone 3-4 yrs ago. We went through all the transfer procedures in licensing up until the part where I had to join the cashier’s line to pay. I had an emergency and had to leave and I didn’t pay the fee. (and never went back to pay, yea real bad ikr :( ) So its still isn’t paid and upto today and I want to sell the car. I can’t find the guy who I bought it from so that option is out. I’m a bit concerned as to how to approach the situation now, all I have in my possession is the chit to pay the cashier and the old certified copy. What to do???? Please HELP!!!


Don't meant to cramp you, but your best bet is to transfer the vehicle on a low because if you ought to do it normal the license office will tell you he could charge you for this offense presenty at license office sando they not making joke with transfer. Go an speak to an officer tell him the person get lock up or he dead.

User avatar
Michael Knight...
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1435
Joined: December 3rd, 2007, 10:45 pm
Location: Driving in the purple desert....
Contact:

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Michael Knight... » February 3rd, 2015, 10:25 am

Ok, so am I reading this correctly? Just want to know.

I have a car to sell and the date of registration is April 2008. Therefore the transfer fee is $3000 due to the vehicle's registration not being over seven years but seven years exactly?

Am I correct?

User avatar
Rockvegas23
Riding on 13's
Posts: 8
Joined: March 2nd, 2014, 9:43 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Rockvegas23 » February 21st, 2015, 12:35 am

recently changed the engine in one of my vehicles and want to sell it now because of yard space issues. can the vehicle be transferred without doing the engine change in license office?

Calor
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1391
Joined: March 3rd, 2013, 1:07 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Calor » February 21st, 2015, 7:52 am

Michael Knight... wrote:Ok, so am I reading this correctly? Just want to know.

I have a car to sell and the date of registration is April 2008. Therefore the transfer fee is $3000 due to the vehicle's registration not being over seven years but seven years exactly?

Am I correct?


correct..unless you wait until april 2015(well the day it turns 7yrs,1 day from the date of registration)

User avatar
Rockvegas23
Riding on 13's
Posts: 8
Joined: March 2nd, 2014, 9:43 pm

Re: Vehicle TRANSFER FEES in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Rockvegas23 » February 23rd, 2015, 6:32 pm

Rockvegas23 wrote:recently changed the engine in one of my vehicles and want to sell it now because of yard space issues. can the vehicle be transferred without doing the engine change in license office?

Advertisement

Return to “Car Classifieds - Buy, Sell or Trade”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EvoTarmac, fighter fire and 22 guests