TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Mini Diesel Run...

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MrCuddles
Trinituner Peong

Re: Mini Diesel Run...

Postby MrCuddles » May 2nd, 2011, 7:49 pm

so Rene, u leave d gyul to wlk tru all dat mud dawg?!? yuh brutal orse smh
but d engine sounds like a rel beast frm bout 42 sec or so, well for a gasoline engine dat is :lol:

but as i was goin in d beginin of d LC trail las week, d van dropped suddenly wit a loud THUMP!! on later inspection my crash bar hit d ground wit such force dat it bent d entire bar upwards on one side.....dat explains why my auxiliary lights were aimin up in d trees on my way home :?

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » May 2nd, 2011, 7:51 pm

looks at vids, look at pictures,

LOOKS very awesome

looks at two week old van

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm

ronsin1 wrote:looks at vids, look at pictures,

LOOKS very awesome

time to break her in!

exactly!

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 2nd, 2011, 8:10 pm

MrCuddles wrote:so Rene, u leave d gyul to wlk tru all dat mud dawg?!? yuh brutal orse smh
but d engine sounds like a rel beast frm bout 42 sec or so, well for a gasoline engine dat is :lol:

but as i was goin in d beginin of d LC trail las week, d van dropped suddenly wit a loud THUMP!! on later inspection my crash bar hit d ground wit such force dat it bent d entire bar upwards on one side.....dat explains why my auxiliary lights were aimin up in d trees on my way home :?

aye, at least I didn't have her stranded there all in the middle of the night.. :pokes:
:rofl:

yunno, it really have a deep hole at the start of that trail.. don't ask how I know that.. :lol:

MrCuddles
Trinituner Peong

Postby MrCuddles » May 2nd, 2011, 9:28 pm

3stagevtec wrote:aye, at least I didn't have her stranded there all in the middle of the night..

na orse...daz a rel low blow!! :oops:

Sierra-117
Trinituner Peong

Postby Sierra-117 » May 2nd, 2011, 9:29 pm

hey guys, need a bit of help here. my brand new ranger( less than a mth old) is leaking oil. jus saw a few spots in my garage so i taking it in the firm in the am. but im wondering whats causing this?? didnt hit anything so i cant be undercarriage damage...

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 2nd, 2011, 10:08 pm

^^ check and see if they have fitted the drain plug properly - that happen to me once when i took it in the service - they did'nt screw it in properly, or you can DYI - you will need to remove the shield before getting to the drain plug

Sierra-117
Trinituner Peong

Postby Sierra-117 » May 2nd, 2011, 10:22 pm

^^^well never went in 2 servicing, what shield ru tlkin about?? when i open the oil cover, im not seeing any oil which is strange cuz when i got it i checked it and the oil was right as i opened the cover. the dip stick showing a little under the full mark.............

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » May 2nd, 2011, 10:30 pm

MrCuddles wrote:....dat explains why my auxiliary lights were aimin up in d trees on my way home :?

u eh see no manicou?? :roll: :roll:

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 2nd, 2011, 10:35 pm

Sierra-117 wrote:^^^well never went in 2 servicing, what shield ru tlkin about?? when i open the oil cover, im not seeing any oil which is strange cuz when i got it i checked it and the oil was right as i opened the cover. the dip stick showing a little under the full mark.............

the front skid shield, located right under the engine, where the oil drain plug is..

take a close look around to see exactly where the oil is falling from. If you have basic tools, you can easily remove the skid plate to get a better look..

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » May 2nd, 2011, 10:48 pm

MrCuddles wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:aye, at least I didn't have her stranded there all in the middle of the night..

na orse...daz a rel low blow!! :oops:

oh noess!! :P AHAHAH! hmmm!!

Sierra-117
Trinituner Peong

Postby Sierra-117 » May 2nd, 2011, 11:16 pm

thanks guys, will take a look in the am but i still goin in for a check up 2 make sure. will keep u informed...

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 2nd, 2011, 11:30 pm

when you bought the van - they would of replaced the oil and fluids that the van came with from Thailand. That is where it would happen, meaning that the drain cap didnt fitted properly. I wonder if i can put the magnetic drain plug instead of the factory one?

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 3rd, 2011, 5:46 am

This is gonna be me on that day:

*Vrroommm...... THUMP!!*

*Rene!, ah stick! Winch meh nah!*

I gonna use meh Navara powah to dig allyuh a nice big ditch :D

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » May 3rd, 2011, 8:41 am

Cuevas mud and then the beach is what I really looking forward too!!
Power and momentum yuh say?? In!

Kinda hoping for a little, but not much, RAIN for the blanchi trail to get a little wet.

The 22nd soo far!

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 3rd, 2011, 8:44 am

3stagevtec wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:looks at vids, look at pictures,

LOOKS very awesome

time to break her in!

exactly!

Just some info to the B side. I was on the Blanchi trail sunday. I parked by the guy with the house and walked to the beach across the narrow path of the trail said to be "Impossible" to pass. On my return I was amazed to see a Range Roverand a 3.0 Hilux just about to cross. Those guy,who both looked very young, without the help of boards,grating or even a without a spotter crossed the narrow path. I admit that I thought it was impossible as well. These guys were fearless.
Last edited by PariaMan on May 3rd, 2011, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 3rd, 2011, 9:22 am

^^ NOT a very smart thing to do.

Side B is not about heroics or wildness, neither do we take unnecessary risks, esp when people bring their family on our runs.
Safety is number one priority, always. If one of our more experienced guys says a situation is too risky, then we trust their opinion.

Most if not all of us paid our hard-earned money for our vans and most of us have a few years of loans left. I doubt any of us would want to risk our daily drivers in that manner.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » May 3rd, 2011, 9:28 am

lighthammer wrote:^^ NOT a very smart thing to do.

Side B is not about heroics or wildness, neither do we take unnecessary risks, esp when people bring their family on our runs.
Safety is number one priority, always. If one of our more experienced guys says a situation is too risky, then we trust their opinion.

Most if not all of us paid our hard-earned money for our vans and most of us have a few years of loans left. I doubt any of us would want to risk our daily drivers in that manner.

well said man

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 3rd, 2011, 9:37 am

^ I'm all for having fun eh, don't get me wrong. I not discouraging any of us from exploring, finding trails, scouting and bringing the boyz on off-roading adventures.

But in tricky situations, we don't want to have to abandon vehicles, damage vehicles, put lives at risk, etc. Remember that we going to remote places and we always want a best-case scenario, not a worst-case scenario.
We all want to make it out the trail and back to work and regular life next morning.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 3rd, 2011, 9:49 am

lighthammer wrote:^ I'm all for having fun eh, don't get me wrong. I not discouraging any of us from exploring, finding trails, scouting and bringing the boyz on off-roading adventures.

But in tricky situations, we don't want to have to abandon vehicles, damage vehicles, put lives at risk, etc. Remember that we going to remote places and we always want a best-case scenario, not a worst-case scenario.
We all want to make it out the trail and back to work and regular life next morning.

Well said.

Notice I was at the top of the hill!. But I must admit that I was amazed at the guts these guys had! I spoke to the guy with the Range Rover and he said that he came the day before and made it thru easily. I watched the crossing closely and the major possible problem was that the vehicle would bottom out and rest on the under carriage. Because there were two wheels in either side there seemed to be no chance of the actually tipping over and going into the dry ravine. The guys seemed well equipped with safety gear. I saw them go though some areas with lots of mud and they seemed very skilled when it comes to of road driving!

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 3rd, 2011, 10:50 am

^ ah ok.

We coulda ask them if they know any other trails that we could go on.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » May 3rd, 2011, 11:15 am

i would really like to see them mofos cross that, i jus looked over 3stage pics and cant see that happening, maybe if we there in person, but i trust rene, and he if eh deeming it passable, i good.......

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 3rd, 2011, 11:30 am

droppa wrote:i would really like to see them mofos cross that, i jus looked over 3stage pics and cant see that happening, maybe if we there in person, but i trust rene, and he if eh deeming it passable, i good.......

The thing is these guys looked at it deemed it passable and went ahead and drove thru successfully.

For sure most people who look at it will say it is not passable.

I was absolutely certain myself that it was not possible!

My guess is however that with vehicles passing more of the road will erode until one day a vehicle will get stuck. There is nothing preventing further erosion on the sides

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » May 3rd, 2011, 3:30 pm

That is insane and IMO stupid to try.
I'm sure those guys would replace the RangeRover in the morning and leave it at the bottom of the ravine if it did happen.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 3rd, 2011, 5:32 pm

I just not seeing it.. look to my right, you can see a deep hole / drop off there.. same for the left.. you could probably drive right up to where i'm standing, but at that point, most vehicles will just bottom out and get hung up..

Maybe some solid surface was hidden by the grass, but this one is too risky for me.. I don't really fear the drop offs on both sides, it's more vehicle damage from bottoming out that worries me..

btw, there was a nice steep rocky hill just before that point, near the sharp right turn, that would be fun to climb for the 4x4 guys!

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » May 4th, 2011, 10:39 am

Yeah but there is the 1 inch steel poking outta the ground we hadda look out for..

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » May 4th, 2011, 11:53 am

we eh huttin up we head to cross over that section, let them fellas with the range in the river shine up theyself....

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 4th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Jeremy Mohd wrote:Yeah but there is the 1 inch steel poking outta the ground we hadda look out for..

I was looking for the steel, but didn't see it..

22nd looks good so far.. pass the word..

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 4th, 2011, 2:51 pm

rene i bringing my pardna with the sportero again, he startin to get hooked on the sport :D.

Fellas put ur name on the list and we'll give u the meeting point.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » May 4th, 2011, 3:11 pm

droppa wrote:we eh huttin up we head to cross over that section, let them fellas with the range in the river shine up theyself....

Well whatever you guys do just be carefull better to err on the side of caution especially with May being the transition month for the rainy season. Hope to one day make a run with you guys!

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”