TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Trailblazers Rally 19th June - Side B takes it all..!

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Re: Trailblazers Rally 19th June????

Postby lighthammer » June 19th, 2011, 1:04 am

finished scotchguard the seat, food packed, now time to get a lil' rest.

Shouldn't have drunk that coke earlier though.... bah!

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » June 19th, 2011, 7:46 am

Good hunting guys....Will not be able to make any of the runs today.....oh and happy fathers day...

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » June 19th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Went this morning to support the side and see what I was going to miss. Here are some pictures of the morning and starting.

Man with Parado enter too! Nice!

Random pics of vehicles.

I want to lift my B2500 :cry:

Stock Mazda B2500 next to a BT50 with about a 2" body lift. Wish I could lift mine, but it wouldn't fit under the house.

Sadly, the Chevy wasn't competing. :(

Droppa moving to line up.

Lighthammer was the first man to enter the race. LOL. Poor man can't even look ahead to see any vehicles on the same course.

Brian begins.

Man pull out the tractor tires yes.

civic_minded on the move.

Jeremy in the line. The Suzuki behind looking real small. Daz a first...

Mud Plugger 1.

Random Pic 1.

Yes. The tall umm "Thing" in the back competing (Ford F250). :mrgreen:

Lighthammer, yuh stickin!! Take notes and get modifying.

This Navara really looks boss.

Man even have a lift for the thing.

My head is the same height as the top of the side windows. And I'm 6' 2".

Made sure and take extra pictures just for lighthammer to take notes.

Up close of Mud Plugger 1.

The "Thing".

Couldn't get a pic of me next to it as a height comparison. My head doesn't even reach the door handles.

Jeremy off to muscle through the stage.

The Jeep reached late. Don't know if he competing. Ole school at its best.

Droppa on the run.

Mud Plugger 2.

New Vitara :)

Random Pic 2.

Off civic_minded goes.

Mud Plugger 3.

It look real good. Just need to slap some mud on it and it will be perfect.

Can't remember this guys name. Slacker?

Another Navara.

Yet another Navara. Black too. Lighthammer, yuh have competition. :D

L200 in the race too.

Looks much much meaner in real.

Argh. *goes to check how much height clearance it have under my house*

Mud Plugger 4. Yea. There were a lot of these mud pluggers running amok.

Could have been me here instead. :cry:

It killing me seeing so much Mazda pickups and I not competing. Because it is Father's Day, my navigator busy. Then it rain buckets so my slicks for tires wouldn't work at all. Would basically be relying on momentum if I had entered. If this was two weeks later, I would have new tires and most likely 3stagevtec's Vitara would be fix. Bad timing I guess. Will go later when some people finish and see what's what.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 19th, 2011, 10:07 pm

This was an Epic... i say again... Epic rally and run with the Trailblazers!!

To put things in short form:

- I went first (drew #1 the other night at the briefing!!). 3stagevtec was my navigator since his GV was down for some serious repairs
- Followed the map after getting the hang of it, went through some canefields and end up in a trail somewhere behind Enterprise & Longdenville. Collected treasures along the way as well as making sure we recorded our checkpoints
- trail was rather long, with some difficult sections but we made it through relatively easily (thank goodness for our moderate off-roading experience!). Lots of marshalls along the way, although some of them should be fired cuz they giving us wrong advice (trying to send stock vehicles where modifed vehicles should really go - luckily again, we have some moderate off-roading experience so we made it through with little fuss). Some of the other less experienced off-roaders had some trouble and there were lots of vehicles sticking. Had one vehicular close call - a certain skyblue ranger was in the wrong gear during a hill descent, gained too much speed and went off the trail & crashing into the forest (we were all shocked and were like "OH F*CK!!!). Luckily he was able to control most of his descent, and minor damage to the front bumper was sustained (driver looked shaken up... but you know our motto - Keep on Truckin'!.
On the other hand, a certain 3-limbed rally driver in a Navara (not me!) went into two ditches twice...... pressure! (kept back the second half of the convoy by 45 mins).
- Went in a quarry and did a special stage, some tracks around a sand pit. Most of us made it through - props to Droppa and his Kumho's, he totally ripped!! I on the other hand was wild, and I get stuck/hung up a total of twice - had to get pulled by a raised jimny with a puny engine (try watching a little jimny try to pull a Navara out of a sand pit - it's funny!)
- After the sand pit/quarry, we had another vehicular casualty - Brianr_20V's muffler got torn out from just under the engine bay and was dragging. Had to stop and rescue him, used zip-ties to strap the entire barrel back to the chasis.
- Eventually caught back up with the rest of the group, by this time we were so far behind we decided to just skip the rest of the trail and head up the highway to Annie's Bar in Claxton Bay.
- Got to claxton bay at the finish point, submitted our papers and treasures. Took in some of the fun activities while there: another special-stage high-speed rally, a burger eating competition, and took some group pictures while liming.
- Also took in the Prize-Giving ceremony, which Side B took by storm!

1. Lucky Pull: Brian20V
2. 2nd Place Overall Rally: Expert/experienced - Droppa
3. 2nd Place Burger Eating comp - Droppa
4. 1st Place Overall Rally: Novice - Dave (red D21)
5. Lucky Pull: Jeremy
6. Lucky Pull: Brian20V
7. Best Team Overall: Side B - 2 (LightHammer/3stage, Droppa/Jerry, Slack + Wife) and the rest of Side B as well.

So we sweep at the rally with prizes!!
Saw some friendly faces too, big shout out goes to the following:
- civic_minded: Big respect to 4th Class Explorers
- Team Loco: man come 4th overall! Next time for sure man, we supportin yuh!!!
- Deans Wheels: the big ford and Navara represent
- Kamikaze/James Harris: man come with the bike, but good to see the support
- Barry Mckenzie: ralyl and off-roader, man have best of both worlds! (I go hadda teach him how to handle the Navara like a Boss!!, ent 3stage!! (especially muddy hills).

Pics to come soon guys, have to sort out through the 600+ pics that kristy took..... hopefully by tonight or tomorrow morning :D

Congrats Side B - keep on trucking!
Last edited by lighthammer on June 19th, 2011, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 19th, 2011, 10:19 pm

The scorpions stung quite well! I was shocked! Much respect to you for your expert driving through the tricky forested area.. I tought you would have struggled more but you maneuvered that big rig like a boss! Props!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 19th, 2011, 10:22 pm

do you have when i was drifting around the tire in the speed stage?

Dude - this run was reall frigging epic!! my two ride alongs cant stop talking about the trail!

remember the part where the navara went down? after that hill and going to the next - i almost went down off the cliff - thanks to the marshals there that guided me thro safely. and props to my navigator that help me throu the very difficult parts. Without them i am sure i would of ended up off the cliff!...

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 19th, 2011, 10:23 pm

thank goodness for our moderate offroading experience though.... if not for that i'd have ended up in the same ditch as Mckenzie.

Love them scorpions, but I really fell in love with Andrew (big-@ss white Navara) and his Nitto Trail Grapplers....

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 19th, 2011, 10:25 pm

civic minded wrote:do you have when i was drifting around the tire in the speed stage?

Dude - this run was reall frigging epic!! my two ride alongs cant stop talking about the trail!

remember the part where the navara went down? after that hill and going to the next - i almost went down off the cliff - thanks to the marshals there that guided me thro safely. and props to my navigator that help me throu the very difficult parts. Without them i am sure i would of ended up off the cliff!...

I nearly went down the cliff too! This was at the last corner + hillclimb just before the sandpit. Real scary baicivic_mindedbai.... thank goodness for them marshalls for real eh, and thanks to 3stagevtec for the HUGE assist!

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 19th, 2011, 11:27 pm

lighthammer wrote:thank goodness for our moderate offroading experience though.... if not for that i'd have ended up in the same ditch as Mckenzie.

Love them scorpions, but I really fell in love with Andrew (big-@ss white Navara) and his Nitto Trail Grapplers....

I took some pics of those, damn they looked great! 35" tyres on 20" rims yes!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 20th, 2011, 6:10 am

although we didnt complete the other 2 stages - i still found it epic , just cause of the rollercoster ride thro the forest!!...lol

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » June 20th, 2011, 6:42 am

Congrats Side B.....Droppa really did well I see...That's great....Good to know you guys did not get hurt and the experience was amazing....So are these trails somthing that can be attemted by the rest of side B at some point or only for competition purposes...?

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 20th, 2011, 8:24 am

SIDE B RUN!!!!
But we'll need a sizeable crew for this one - some parts are tricky and we'll all need supervision to navigate them.

But damn that's an awesome trail!
Like Civic said, a couple rollercoaster parts, but we'll show u how to take it (that bearded fella from Trailblazers is a real boss, he teach me how to handle that slippery downhill slope with the big navara).

Once the weather is good and not rainy, we can take it with ease (plus that special stage at the end of the trail!!!!!!!)

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » June 20th, 2011, 8:27 am

well done Side B

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 20th, 2011, 8:39 am

thanks dude :D

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » June 20th, 2011, 8:57 am

Big up to Droppa!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 20th, 2011, 9:13 am

the way how side B handle themselves - you all better go in as Pro's next year!!!

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 20th, 2011, 9:15 am

Droppa and Dave were the men of the match - excellent navigators & boss drivers!

(btw droppa - ask dave how de @ss he get all them checkpoints??? De man page was FULL!!)

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » June 20th, 2011, 10:11 am

good going side b. you guys had fun. not my cup of tea though. it was a bit too off road for my liking. next time the organisers should specify this as being a hard core off road rally. guys with the pcs vitara, hilux on road tyres etc were told their vehicle can more than handle it. dont get me wrong, i had fun, but some better PR next time would have made it just right.

i had a total of 10 penalty points. however, halfway through were were told to cancel the rest of the run and head straight to annies bar. when i realised we didnt place, i a spoke to Wahid and he told me he never instructed the rally to be called off, in fact i should have finished the event. i realised they had some miscommunication. i think if i had finished i would have had around 300 penalty points.

tough, but now i know how to be better prepared. its not too nice to have do go do some repairs now

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 20th, 2011, 10:31 am

^^ they told us the same thing - from the briefing we were told that any 4x4 vehicle can make it. What should of been done was a scout should be made on the course a day before to know the conditions.

MrCuddles
Trinituner Peong

Postby MrCuddles » June 20th, 2011, 11:32 am

Team Loco wrote:its not too nice to have do go do some repairs now

^dats wat i cant afford at the moment.....my truck has been takin quite a beating since i began off-roadin, so am tryna take it lite on d runs for a wile :roll: am a tarmac-whore for d time being 8-)

mite invest in a REAL off-roader such as an ole Jimny, Patrol, FJ or Landy....onli prob wit dat wood be availability of parts and maintenance/running costs

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 20th, 2011, 1:23 pm

thank god the only damages i had since i started off roading were some scratches on clear coat.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 20th, 2011, 1:48 pm

It's the rains that really changed the conditions of the rally. When it was scouted, the place was dry and they went through in 2wd! I really liked the course this year, you got to pass through a forest / quarry etc, much more 'off road' like.. If it was dry, stock vehicles would have not had any problems..

It was never intended to be this hardcore, but nature said otherwise and the Trailblazers guys still tried their best to pull it off. They deserve congrats for all that work..

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 20th, 2011, 2:03 pm

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » June 20th, 2011, 3:26 pm

congrats to Side B....and it's a thing with TTROC runs.....they always say everyone could make it, then rain falls and changes everything.

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » June 20th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Wait nah....is jersey ah seeing dey????? I want two please.... How do I join?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » June 20th, 2011, 8:49 pm

so all who spent their entire monday washing rides?? i took about three hrs. the underwash was easy since i had covered the entire underside with hydraulic oil prior to the event. mud fell off easily. black paint stained though. she going by chippys first thing in the morning

HaRdCoRe_YoUtH
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby HaRdCoRe_YoUtH » June 21st, 2011, 5:22 am

So my van by meh uncle fixing and preparing for about 2mths for this event then to get the word i have prayers....dammit!!!

Looked like loads of fun....Nice....i miss out on this one.... Uncle harry mazda van look great....lolz.....sure his son had a blast driving it....

BUT be warned... I eh missing none again.......I coming the one in September that total sponsoring.....

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » June 21st, 2011, 9:40 am

this rally was great, it was a trailblazers rally, so it must have some challengin stuff, before we left the start line wahid and kenny told us, LISTEN to the marshals out there, that there were guys in spots to help and some places we will need to be careful.......

what pissed me off in this rally was the vitara man who broke his axle and continued the course in 2WD....oh gosh man, every tight spot yuh stikkin......ah know u paid yuh money an u wanted to complete, but candle could have costed u more than the funeral......

next time all of us will be in pro class, novice will be for the first timers.....

yup Total sponserd Trailblazers rally, most likely sept 24, so u have sunday to clean down....

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 21st, 2011, 10:05 am

Now that's how you do an underwash! tyres in the forklift needs some air though.. lol

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » June 21st, 2011, 1:05 pm

nah dais for traction boi rene, heheheh

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”