Forums

Bluebird Sylphy DRINKING GAS!!!!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

reagondenoon
Riding on 13's

Bluebird Sylphy DRINKING GAS!!!!

Postby reagondenoon » May 6th, 2016, 1:46 pm

I recently purchased a local used PCT Nissan Bluebird Sylphy its in superb condition 33,000km dealer maintained with a HR15 Engine same as d local tiida and has no flaws absoloutely nothing is wrong with the car tuned up properly,added fuel treatment etc just one problem this car does DRINK GAS anyone else experience this problem? Someone told me to remove the catalytic converter but what can be done to solve it because due to the increased gas prices my pockets are hurting severly!!!

Advertisement
trini iceman
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Bluebird Sylphy DRINKING GAS!!!!

Postby trini iceman » May 6th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Removing the cat to solve a fuel consumption problem? Please tell that person to never touch a car in life. How bad is fuel usage? What was done so far to try remedying the problem? How long has this been happening? There's so much info needed. 3981404

skylinechild
punchin NOS

Re: Bluebird Sylphy DRINKING GAS!!!!

Postby skylinechild » May 6th, 2016, 7:32 pm

reagondenoon wrote:I recently purchased a local used PCT Nissan Bluebird Sylphy its in superb condition 33,000km dealer maintained with a HR15 Engine same as d local tiida and has no flaws absoloutely nothing is wrong with the car tuned up properly,added fuel treatment etc just one problem this car does DRINK GAS anyone else experience this problem? Someone told me to remove the catalytic converter but what can be done to solve it because due to the increased gas prices my pockets are hurting severly!!!

check ryotech performance aka Ryan asap for a COMPLETE tune up...

had an issue where my car was giving me 325kms to a 3/4 tank of gas...... after a tune up by him i was getting 430km for the same 3/4 tank of gas.

his tune up consists of cleaning injectors, and fuel rail cleaning throttle body, cleaning upper intake manifold , spark plug replacement air filter replacement and recalibration of ECU. it takes roughly 2 1/2 hrs to do it all.

he would also recommend you do an oil change after his service as the gunk of carbon and other stuff is deposited in the oil.

you can read a review i wrote of his service the first time i went there >>>>> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=488707&start=30

you can carry your own spark plugs air filter oil filter and oil to make the cost cheaper.

he's NOT the mango tree mechanic and he works strictly by appointments see his info below

Contact for Service Appointments
RYAN RAMDEEN - PROPRIETOR
Automotive Performance Analyst (Hons.)
Specialized in High Performance Power-trains (Engine Management & Mechanical Systems)
Wyoming Technical Institution - Sacramento, California USA.
CREDENTIALS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

Tel: (868) 469-7803
Email: ryotech@live.com
Web:http://www.ryotech.webs.com
Operating Hrs: MON - SAT: 9am to 6pm & SUN: 9am to 1pm

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”