TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

accident by sealots/pos market

Traffic Alerts from around T&T posted and updated by users.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Re: accident by sealots/pos market

Postby ZeroOne » April 15th, 2013, 12:07 pm

interesting

Advertisement
toyota2nr
12 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » April 15th, 2013, 3:40 pm

My question since this whole thing happened is if the car knocked down pedestrians and rub the wall how come the back of the car damaged so much? I still believe that he was hit from behind.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 15th, 2013, 3:46 pm

toyota2nr wrote:My question since this whole thing happened is if the car knocked down pedestrians and rub the wall how come the back of the car damaged so much? I still believe that he was hit from behind.

It is unfathomable to you that a car that is out of control can spin and not hit everything head on?

toyota2nr
12 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » April 15th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:My question since this whole thing happened is if the car knocked down pedestrians and rub the wall how come the back of the car damaged so much? I still believe that he was hit from behind.

It is unfathomable to you that a car that is out of control can spin and not hit everything head on?

Based on the location of the car and bodies after the accident it is highly unlikely that such a scenario occurred. A speeding car would impact the individuals head on, broadside the wall. How in that would the back of the car get damaged?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 15th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Accident occurred off the road on the pavement. All bets off on it having to be was on at that point. You don't know if he went to full lock to avoid and ended up spinning into them. You don't know if he clipped the edge etc. In accidents you can't know every single detail by just watching the aftermath.

toyota2nr
12 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » April 15th, 2013, 11:38 pm

You're right but in either scenario you can only the front or back of the car not both as seen in the aftermath.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 19th, 2013, 12:04 am

CHARGE COP NOW
DPP issues instructions in Sea Lots tragedy

By Renuka Singh
Story Created: Apr 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM ECT
Charge the cop immediately.
That was the instruction issued yesterday by Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard with respect to the off-duty police officer involved in the accident in which a mother and her two young daughters were killed in Sea Lots on February 24.
After reviewing the completed file on the investigation yesterday, Gaspard said: “I gave instructions to charge the suspect with causing death by dangerous driving in respect to each of the deceased.
“The instructions must be carried out immediately.”
Up to last night however the cop had not been charged.
The cop will face three charges of causing death by dangerous driving. Gaspard said he only gave instructions regarding the deceased and no charges would be proffered for the injured.
Gaspard met with both acting Commissioner of Police, Deputy Police Commissioner Mervyn Richardson and the chief investigator assigned to the case, Superintendent Moses Charles, from 2.30 p.m. to 3.45 p.m. following which he gave the all-clear to charge the cop.
This instruction comes 52 days after the accident that claimed the lives of Haydee Paul and her daughters, Akasha, eight, and Shakira Paul, seven. The injured were Abbigail Assing, Amanda Lalla, and Ryan “Dhal” Rampersad. Residents say while Assing has been discharged, Rampersad remains a patient at the High Dependency Unit at the Port of Spain General Hospital, while Lalla has been moved to a female ward.
Since the accident on February 24, both National Security Minister Jack Warner and Works Minister Emmanuel George had said they would look into building walkovers and crosswalks to facilitate the residents. Though these have not materialised, protective barriers have been set up as an interim measure.
George said yesterday morning that concrete barriers would be placed on exposed pavements to prevent accidents.
Yesterday was Gaspard’s second viewing of the file on the case, which only came to his desk on Tuesday after more than 49 days of police investigation. When he first reviewed the file, Gaspard had noted several loose ends which Charles promised to address. The file was returned yesterday.
While Gaspard would not reveal what was in the file, just last week Police Complaints Authority (PCA) chairman Gillian Lucky pointed out several deficiencies in the protracted police investigation. Though she is currently out of the country and could not be reached for comment yesterday, at a media conference last Thursday Lucky detailed some hiccups in the investigation.
She said then that blood samples taken from the driver had gone missing for over a month before reappearing in the hospital’s refrigerator and was so denatured that it could not be tested. She said the breath analysis on the driver was administered more than four hours after the accident and that video footage captured was just before and just after the incident and not of the accident, but noted that the charges could have been laid without those critical pieces of evidence.
When contacted yesterday, Richardson said he did not want to say much until he held a private meeting with the affected family. He did say that the suspect had not yet been charged, but promised to inform the media as soon as that happened.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 19th, 2013, 12:06 am

...a little bit of closure, say residents
Story Created: Apr 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM ECT
GOD answers prayers.
If the Sea Lots community ever doubted that, their faith was renewed yesterday with news that an off-duty policeman is to be charged with the death of a mother and her two daughters in a car crash on February 24.
On February 24, an off-duty police officer crashed into six people in Sea Lots, killing three and injuring three others.
Haydee Paul, 28, and her two daughters Akasha, eight, and Shakira, seven, were killed while making their way home after crossing the Beetham Highway near Pioneer Drive in Sea Lots.
Last week the Sea Lots community’s faith wavered in terms of having justice prevail in the matter as the Director of the Police Complaints Authority (PCA), Gillian Lucky, listed areas of concern in the probe into the accident
Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard however restored their faith yesterday with the news that the driver now faces three charges of death caused by dangerous driving.
The Express yesterday visited Pioneer Drive to get the reaction of the residents to the news.
Police officers were at the entrance to Pioneer Drive directing traffic and aiding residents in crossing the busy roadway.
Carol Gonzales, Paul’s mother and the grandmother of Akasha and Shakira, embraced community spokesman Kenroy Dopwell as they saw each other for the first time since the announcement of Gaspard’s decision.
“I feel a little relief that God really answered my prayers. Whole night last night (Wednesday night) in my sleep I was praying. Thank God. He is great, He is mighty. I am glad,” Gonzales said.
Gonzales said she intended to give the authorities until next Wednesday, exactly two months after the fatal accident, to respond.
“I am satisfied to a point. This is a little bit of closure that we got but we still have to rally out with people still in the hospital,” she said.
“It (this news) gives the pain felt by the mothers a little ease,” Gonzales said.
Gonzales said she wants to be present at the Port of Spain Magistrates’ Court when the accused makes his first appearance.
“I want to be there (when he appears before the court). I want to see the man that did that bodily harm and did not have the heart to say sorry. Not even his mother (had the heart to say sorry). I really need to see that family. I just want to watch them in their face with a little relief of justice. I am glad we get justice,” she said.
Dopwell echoed Gonzales’ sentiments that justice was served, and said the community was now able to “breathe a sigh of relief”.
“We get satisfaction to an extent with the safety of the residents, we accept that to a point. We get a level of justice with respect to charges being laid because we expected none would have been laid. We accept that,” Dopwell said.
“Despite we breathing a sigh of relief and we are satisfied to an extent, we still want somebody to be held accountable with respect to the botched blood sample,” he said.
“If it had the proper blood (samples) he might have gotten six (charges),” Dopwell said.
Dopwell called on Health Minister Dr Fuad Khan to step in and help Ryan Rampersad and Amanda Lalla who were injured.
“The best health care was promised to them and we are dissatisfied with the health care they are getting there (at the Port of Spain General Hospital),” Dopwell said.
Abbigail Assing, the other injured, is at home but is not coping well emotionally, Dopwell said.
“Abigail is in excruciating pain, she keeps recounting the accident. We are praying for her,” he said.
Daniella Gittens, a Pioneer Drive resident, yesterday gave God the glory for the news that the driver would be charged.
“Justice has prevailed because we real pray in church for God to give us justice. We thank God that justice has been served. Don’t play with God, He is a merciful God,” Gittens said.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » April 19th, 2013, 9:23 am

happy for them, hope the officer is actually charged

Spy vs sly
Riding on 13's

Postby Spy vs sly » April 19th, 2013, 9:56 am

They now charge he Stuepz he shudda done b rottening in d ppl jail already

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 21st, 2014, 10:51 am

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-01- ... s-april-10

The State will begin its paper committal proceedings on April 10 against the 37-year-old police constable charged last year with causing the death of a Sea Lots mother and her two young daughters. During a hearing of the case in the Port-of-Spain Magistrates Court yesterday, state prosecutors said they had already filed 24 witness statements and promised to file the ten remaining statements within the next couple of weeks. At the next hearing, prosecutors are expected to tender the statements into evidence with the officer’s defence attorney being given an opportunity to cross examine the witnesses.

PC Sherwin Legere, of Bagna Trace, Chase Village, is before Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar charged with causing the deaths of Haydee Paul, 28, and her daughters — Akasha, eight, and Shakira, seven — by dangerous driving. He is also facing an additional charge of driving dangerously. The three were on a pavement last February 24 on the Beetham Highway, near their Pioneer Drive, Sea Lots, home, when they were struck and killed. Three of their neighbours — Abigail Assing, 31, Ryan Rampersad, 20, and Amanda Lalla, 50 — were also seriously injured in the crash.
While Assing and Lalla recovered from their injuries within a couple of months, Rampersad, who was left almost completely paralysed, was only released from hospital on Christmas Eve last year.

Before adjourning the matter yesterday, Ayers-Caesar raised a concern over a condition placed on Legere’s bail. When he first appeared in court in mid-April last year, Legere was granted $250,000 bail and ordered to surrender his passport and report to police once a week. Ayers-Caesar said she was concerned because she was contacted by immigration officers who said Legere had applied for a new passport in late November last year. When called on to respond, Legere’s lawyer Joseph Honore denied the allegation. The case is being prosecuted by Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Kathy Ann Waterman-Latchoo and Shelly Ann Gajadhar.

Advertisement

Return to “Traffic Alerts”