TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

St. Lucia Drag Race Meet (Cars being Prepped at Race Track)

Official T&T Drag Racing Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

St. Lucia Drag Race Meet (Cars being Prepped at Race Track)

Postby roadracer7 » January 27th, 2013, 2:09 am

Word has reached me ,that the St Lucia Drag Races will be held on the final weekend in April 2013 . that's the 27-28 th April 2013 @ the Cacabef runway , the new home of real drag racing in the caribbean ,since the demise of Waller Field, T&T. HOPE TO SEE YU'ALL THERE.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: St. Lucia Drag Race Meeting Coming Soon.

Postby Sinister_Audio » January 27th, 2013, 4:00 am

roadracer7 wrote:Word has reached me ,that the St Lucia Drag Races will be held on the final weekend in April 2013 . that's the 27-28 th April 2013 @ the Cacabef runway , the new home of real drag racing in the caribbean ,since the demise of Waller Field, T&T. HOPE TO SEE YU'ALL THERE.

the 'real' event should be the grenada drag event on the 16 & 17th of march,
most of the 'faster cars' would be going to grenada to compete against the fastest the caribbean has to offer (antigua & st kitts) ....so most of the 10 & 11 second cars would be going to st lucia to clock in their 'best times'

currently, hollister edwards aka flambo is in grenada prepping the track for a local event at the end of jan, hoping that the cars can put down enough rubber from now till the event in march... 4 barrels of trackbite are at their disposal to properly prep the track (funded by the gov't) ...wraith can possibly confirm.... but seeing that pearls airstrip has now been confirmed as leased for motorsports for the next 20 years.... this event should be one of three great events for the year....

i can vouch for boost factory's S14 that we will be present at BOTH st lucia and grenada's event.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » January 27th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Say what yuh want...

But from past experience ( yes I have been & raced both places) St Lucia is by FAR the place to be... organized drags..

Greenz ... boy o boy, Big Gangster event..

However should still be in both events.. ;)

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » January 28th, 2013, 2:49 pm

greenz: lime
lucia: time

walley
Street 2NR

Postby walley » January 28th, 2013, 9:00 pm

a wonder if i could carry meh box lancer 13.01sec at camden, maybe a 12 something over dey.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » January 28th, 2013, 9:22 pm

walley wrote:a wonder if i could carry meh box lancer 13.01sec at camden, maybe a 12 something over dey.

Could be a buss diff "over they" 2 .....its not Camden

walley
Street 2NR

Postby walley » January 29th, 2013, 5:33 pm

buss diff, buss cross or buss ass it worth it.

Sheik
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sheik » January 30th, 2013, 10:35 am

Drag international...Team orange inc...

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » January 30th, 2013, 11:19 pm

latest update : Fri 26 th, Sat 27 th, Sun 28 th April racedays @ Caca Bef Raceway St.Lucia

book your tickets early.

Sheik
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sheik » February 6th, 2013, 9:26 am

one time...

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » February 6th, 2013, 10:03 am

Looking forward to St. Lucia , its sad when smaller countries and lesser economies have better facilities that right here at home . It says a lot . As for Grenada with no option in Trinidad it was a great location , close enough and well Grenada is a cool and beautiful country . Similar to a rural and long ago Trinidad with nicer beaches :D

Before I say this , please note that you can race at the track you wish to use

However ,there is a serious cross wind at that track . It was not by accident two very stable and very fast machines had incidents there . After speaking with one driver who was involved, for light and fast vehicles in the second 1/8 of the track its very windy and sometimes with a cross wind ,easily destabilizing these machines.
Last edited by cornfused on April 25th, 2013, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crash dummy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crash dummy » February 6th, 2013, 10:25 am

I'm there. What amazed me about St. Lucia last yr was how civilised they drive as opposed to us trinis. Over there you could spot a trini a mile away on the rd.
We rented a terios so slow was our modus. Looking fwd to it again this year. Not a sheit of that boat thing again though. Load up bikes and take a plane oui.. That was d worstttttttttttttttttttttt

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » February 7th, 2013, 1:49 am

All the T&T vehicles that have been chosen to participate at the event,will be in St Lucia on Friday 19th April 2013, 1 week before the beginning of the event. a number of international invitees will be attending. book yuh flight erly

T&T,ANTIGUA,NEVIS,GRENADA, USA, PUERTO RICO JAMAICA, BARBADOS,DOMINICA and more .will update as i am updated.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » February 7th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Prize money????

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » February 13th, 2013, 1:42 pm

does Cal fly to the south side where racing is?

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » February 13th, 2013, 4:41 pm

just got the rules for lucia event.... this is gonna be so world class epic :mrgreen: im gonna LOVE this one

crash dummy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crash dummy » February 14th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Share Nah! I now plannin for Grenada in March

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » February 14th, 2013, 6:38 pm

well only a couple cars were invited, and the boat has limited space....
they were looking at bringing trinidad's STRONGEST team...

in its most inoffensive way.... do you make the cut? it ranges between 8-9 sec cars (maybe 10sec)

wraith
Trinituner Peong

Postby wraith » February 15th, 2013, 9:19 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:well only a couple cars were invited, and the boat has limited space....
they were looking at bringing trinidad's STRONGEST team...

in its most inoffensive way.... do you make the cut? it ranges between 8-9 sec cars (maybe 10sec)

From what I understand that are trying to get the fastest cars from most of the islands and they are using 1 boat which will be picking up all the cars at the various islands thats why it is such a small number from Trini. cause we all know you guys could fill the boat with only a day notice lol.

It should be a really good event.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » February 15th, 2013, 10:20 am

Any bikes?

wraith
Trinituner Peong

Postby wraith » February 15th, 2013, 11:12 am

nigie wrote:Any bikes?

Really not sure.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » February 15th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Marsden's 8.8 second busa

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » February 16th, 2013, 6:59 pm

If someone were interested in making more money a second ship should be acquired for the services of bringing those , who for whatever reasons don't make what is the arbitrary "cut" to enter the St. Lucia event .

With local racing in shambles one should see this as obvious .

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » February 16th, 2013, 8:06 pm

cornfused wrote:If someone were interested in making more money a second ship should be acquired for the services of bringing those , who for whatever reasons don't make what is the arbitrary "cut" to enter the St. Lucia event .

Its a not a question about making money...and secondly the "cut" wasnt arbitrary.....I understand the reasons are pegged primarily on what happened on the last occasions...
Thirdly local racing in shambles as a result of......... :?
Fourthly its a St Lucia thing ...u just cant enter...u need someones blessings....try roadracer.. :lol:

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » February 17th, 2013, 1:43 pm

nigie wrote:
cornfused wrote:If someone were interested in making more money a second ship should be acquired for the services of bringing those , who for whatever reasons don't make what is the arbitrary "cut" to enter the St. Lucia event .

Its a not a question about making money...and secondly the "cut" wasnt arbitrary.....I understand the reasons are pegged primarily on what happened on the last occasions...
Thirdly local racing in shambles as a result of......... :?
Fourthly its a St Lucia thing ...u just cant enter...u need someones blessings....try roadracer.. :lol:

''SORRY, the pope retired''

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » February 17th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Caribbean Airlines and Liat Air, land at Castries
British Airways land at Vieux Fort Airport in the vicinity that the event is taking place[Caca Bef Air strip]

car rentals call 1-758-716-1893
1-758-724-9995
1-758-454-5268

for hotel accommodationhttp://www.google.tt/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=3&gs_ri=psy-ab&pq=accommodation%20in%20st%20lucia&cp=29&gs_id=4p&xhr=t&q=accommodation+in++vieux+fort+st+lucia&es_nrs=true&pf=p&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=accommodation+in++vieux+fort+st+lucia&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42553238,d.eWU&fp=9dbcd3bb37404fe8&biw=1200&bih=645

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » February 18th, 2013, 8:00 am

Now here are some reasons WHY T&T have received limited invites ?

The organiser in reflection to T&T's invitational past has chosen to protect himself by imposing measures to control our participation.

It seems that finally Trinidad's reputation for indiscipline, violent behaviour, and recklessness has presided us. In this case the door has been shut to the previously open invitational s that were granted in the [past by this country.

Let me remind all of you of what prompted this present action, 1 driver was slapped, 1 cuss up the control tent personal, 1 started cuss up everybody on the port with this same event organiser standing there, and last, the karate flying kick to the chest in front police by a prominent racer the has now found God, running around the pits telling all the Trinies not to race because of a misunderstanding, again the event organiser was right there watching him.

Remember our local broker hired by Lucia who did not pay the boat captain, all of you who went almost did not return home, and drivers falsely identified themselves to use hotel rooms to those who did not make the event and even over stayed, hummm who pay for that.

Charity certainly did not start at home and when you leave these shores you want to act like Camden ! It is ashamed that the action of some will make the rest suffer, Grenada organisers are considering tailoring a cut too.

I am not sorry, all these clubs are formed with no disciplinary structure, it seems that others have taken notice and are doing something about it, so until you start behaving yourself, STAY HOME.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » February 18th, 2013, 8:41 am

MICROTECH 7 wrote:

Now here are some reasons WHY T&T have received limited invites ?

The organiser in reflection to T&T's invitational past has chosen to protect himself by imposing measures to control our participation.

It seems that finally Trinidad's reputation for indiscipline, violent behaviour, and recklessness has presided us. In this case the door has been shut to the previously open invitational s that were granted in the [past by this country.

Let me remind all of you of what prompted this present action, 1 driver was slapped, 1 cuss up the control tent personal, 1 started cuss up everybody on the port with this same event organiser standing there, and last, the karate flying kick to the chest in front police by a prominent racer the has now found God, running around the pits telling all the Trinies not to race because of a misunderstanding, again the event organiser was right there watching him.

Remember our local broker hired by Lucia who did not pay the boat captain, all of you who went almost did not return home, and drivers falsely identified themselves to use hotel rooms to those who did not make the event and even over stayed, hummm who pay for that.

Charity certainly did not start at home and when you leave these shores you want to act like Camden ! It is ashamed that the action of some will make the rest suffer, Grenada organisers are considering tailoring a cut too.

I am not sorry, all these clubs are formed with no disciplinary structure, it seems that others have taken notice and are doing something about it, so until you start behaving yourself, STAY HOME.

humm.... serious boff up!!!! :oops: .....

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » February 18th, 2013, 9:36 am

nigie wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:

humm.... serious boff up!!!! :oops: .....

One special case driver with who history is questionable was invited because he holds the track record and behaved himself in the last event but will be monitored, a just reward. "I was told." Also....

Mr. Sinister before you start, you and your disrespectful attitude at the start line was even called into question and noted, so this time please do the same and join the bad boy list of non performers.

crash dummy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crash dummy » February 18th, 2013, 9:47 am

:lol:
In all fairness it did hv some bacchanal @ the last event that I personally witnessed.
Who was right/wrong i wont speculate because i dont have all the information. What is sad however is that these fallouts affect those who werent involved.
Paul u bad boy!

Advertisement

Return to “Drag Racing”