Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Grenada Drag Wars Update: Trini cars locked in boat on p

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 17th, 2013, 11:09 pm

ummmm
failure updates:
saturday night: no lights on track
sunday: timing system went down....

positive note: st patrick day celebrations were QUITE awesome.....

:lol:

kilabee
Ricer

Postby kilabee » March 18th, 2013, 11:06 am

In the official meeting That Ravi Held in Trinidad before the event in Grenada, he specifically said the "THIS BOAT IS BRAND NEW " WHEN WE WENT DOWNSTAIRS INSIDE THE BOAT,,,,,,,RAT sheit ANT PEE EVERYWHERE AND DOH TALK ROACHES THE BOAT MEN COOKING AND ROACHES WAITING TO EAT RIGHT NEXT TO THE POT ........PEOPLE TOOK DAYS AWAY FROM WORK TO SUFFER IN THOSE CONDITIONS BACK AND FORTH FROM PORT TO HOME ...HOTELS WERE PAID FOR IN GRENADA IN ADVANCE WITH NO REFUND AT ALL ,RENTALS WERE PAID FOR WHICH WE RECEIVED BACK OUR MONEY MINUS 1 DAY RENT........................................................................NOT EVEN A FORMAL APOLOGY THIS IS REAL MADNESSS YUH CYAH DO PEOPLE THIS BOI...........................................................................................................................................IMAGINE DABS TELL US IN GRENADA THAT HE PAID THE BOATMAN HALF THE MONEY WHICH WAS EXACTLY $9000.00 EC THEN I REALISED THAT THESE FELLAS TRYING TO CUT COST TO MAKE REAL MONEY BECAUSE $18000.00EC X 2.70 = $48600.00 TT 21CARS AT $3000.00 EQUALS $63000.00 NOT EVEN CHECKING THE BIKES AT 1500.00 PER BIKE...........RAVI ,,PEOPLE DOH PICK UP MONEY ALLYUH HURTING DRAG RACING AND WANT TO BLAME tRINIDAD people they DEPENDING ON YOU TO GIVE THEM SOME SORT OF COMFORT ON THE SITUATION AND YOU NOT THERE OR I SHOULD SAY YOU DONT CARE BECAUSE MONEY DONE RECEIVE AND BOUGHT AIRLINE TICKETS...........IT IS THE MOST HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD TO GO THROUGH IN DRAG RACING AND IT IS ALL BECAUSE OF GREED AND CHEAPNESS ....................................TODAY IS MONDAY PROMOTERS STILL LIMING IN GRENADA WE WOULD WAIT ON WE MONEY REFUND WHEN THEM FINISH LIME WE GUH SEE...............AND APOLOGY NOT ON THEM MIND AT ALL...............................................................FELLAS WATCH MEH I FEEL WE COULD ORGANIZE WE OWN BOAT AND CUSTOMS AND PIT PASSES AND EVERYTHING , CAUSE WE AINT STUPID AND WE DEFINITELY NOT BEGGING,,, EVERYTHING THEM FELLAS DOING WE COULD DO TO THEM MAKE IT LOOK REAL DIFFICULT TO MAKE MONEY, BUT WE CAN DO IT........................................AND WE HAVE THE PROMOTERS LOCK TOO CAUSE GRENADA DRAGS CANCELLED WITHOUT WE SO YUH DINE KNOW NOT EVEN ICEMAN TURNED UP..........

kilabee
Ricer

Postby kilabee » March 18th, 2013, 11:18 am

I GLAD I COULD STILL TAKE AH PULL ON THE HIGHWAY AND COOL MYSELF NOT EVERYBODY COULD DO THAT .........EVERY ONE OF THOSE RACERS THAT SACRIFICE TIME AND MONEY TO GO GRENADA ARE VERY PASSIONATE BOUT THIS SPORT AND I KNOW IT WOULD BOTHER THEM ALOT WHEN STUFF LIKE THIS HAPPENS.......

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » March 18th, 2013, 11:23 am

I can feel your pain in how you've written

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » March 18th, 2013, 11:30 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:..

We should've stayed then? :?

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » March 18th, 2013, 11:34 am

I GLAD I COULD STILL TAKE AH PULL ON THE HIGHWAY AND COOL MYSELF .Lol me too

wraith
Trinituner Peong

Postby wraith » March 18th, 2013, 3:21 pm

IMAGINE DABS TELL US IN GRENADA THAT HE PAID THE BOATMAN HALF THE MONEY WHICH WAS EXACTLY $9000.00 EC THEN I REALISED THAT THESE FELLAS TRYING TO CUT COST TO MAKE REAL MONEY BECAUSE $18000.00EC X 2.70 = $48600.00 TT 21CARS AT $3000.00 EQUALS $63000.00 NOT EVEN CHECKING THE BIKES AT 1500.00 PER BIKE...........

I am just commenting on this cause this is the same mistake persons made during the St. Lucia run when they heard of the boat cost vs what they paid.

Now last time in SLU and this time persons heard from reliable people as to the cost of the boat and felt that this was the full and final costing BUT in Truth it is not.

The cost you calculated was for the BOAT only but there still are many other associated cost that goes along with shipping cars out.

Port charges which is very expensive
Agents cost
Broker
Customs
Police

All these additional cost add up.

Or do like St. Vincent and just charter the boat yourself and ship your cars to the event.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 18th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Mr. Red Sleeper wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:..

We should've stayed then? :?

hell yes you should have.... wraith was drunk n wining on the bar like a baddess :p (jk)

wraith wrote:
IMAGINE DABS TELL US IN GRENADA THAT HE PAID THE BOATMAN HALF THE MONEY WHICH WAS EXACTLY $9000.00 EC THEN I REALISED THAT THESE FELLAS TRYING TO CUT COST TO MAKE REAL MONEY BECAUSE $18000.00EC X 2.70 = $48600.00 TT 21CARS AT $3000.00 EQUALS $63000.00 NOT EVEN CHECKING THE BIKES AT 1500.00 PER BIKE...........

I am just commenting on this cause this is the same mistake persons made during the St. Lucia run when they heard of the boat cost vs what they paid.

Now last time in SLU and this time persons heard from reliable people as to the cost of the boat and felt that this was the full and final costing BUT in Truth it is not.

The cost you calculated was for the BOAT only but there still are many other associated cost that goes along with shipping cars out.

Port charges which is very expensive
Agents cost
Broker
Customs
Police

All these additional cost add up.

Or do like St. Vincent and just charter the boat yourself and ship your cars to the event.

^^yup....

alan can we settle it out in lucia? will you be up and ready to decimate all in SLU? plz say yes :twisted:

kilabee
Ricer

Postby kilabee » March 18th, 2013, 4:05 pm

i understand what you are saying there are hidden charges thanks ........ I think when you decide to spend money like that, the organizers should make it mandatory to provide the person who made payments with a detailed receipt for example shipping cost Port charges which is very expensive
Agents cost
Broker
Customs
Police This WAS NOT DONE so even with all these extra charges you still cannot confirm that money WAS OR WAS NOT pocketed for personal l use......... WITH INFORMATION TO CALCULATE YOU CAN CONFIRM BORBALLLL.................

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 18th, 2013, 4:15 pm

kilabee wrote:i understand what you are saying there are hidden charges thanks ........ I think when you decide to spend money like that, the organizers should make it mandatory to provide the person who made payments with a detailed receipt for example shipping cost Port charges which is very expensive
Agents cost
Broker
Customs
Police This WAS NOT DONE so even with all these extra charges you still cannot confirm that money WAS OR WAS NOT pocketed for personal l use......... WITH INFORMATION TO CALCULATE YOU CAN CONFIRM BORBALLLL.................

i totally understand what you attempted to imply....
and i too was in exactly the same situation as you.... and as messed up as the situation was.... the only thing the promoters are going to refund you is the $3000 for the fee that was charged for boat fare.

....the two days wait on the port, the time, $, investment on cars, prep, fuel, upgrades, hotels, rentals.....

yup.... good $ wasted.... yes its the people RESPONSIBLE for seeing about the INTRICATE details of the trip... either way.... there are about 9 people that were on the trip that are CONFIRMED never go visit grenada again due to the level of irresponsibility that occurred this weekend....

kilabee
Ricer

Postby kilabee » March 18th, 2013, 10:40 pm

TRUE .......all i saying is let we racers do we own thing i could get the numbers for the boat and ah sure somebody could find out the requirements for customs immigration police port etc....an we guh come together and organize....WE ARE THE PEOPLE WITH THE MONEY THAT MAKES THIS THING HAPPEN....WHY WE CYAH DO IT WE SELF?.....EVEN IF WE GET SOME HEADACHE I QUITE SURE IT WOULD NOT AS MUCH AS THIS PROBLEM WE HAD TO GO GRENADA.....

kilabee
Ricer

Postby kilabee » March 18th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Check this out, all of us are like friends going out on ah lime........everybody chipping in for the case ah BEERS!!!! everybody chip in and ah man run in the grocery and buy it and we gone...... Now if we had ah organizer who not in it for the LIME but in it to make some money...Yuh will find he collecting all the money going to ah by ah partner who own ah rum shop who have expired beers and hit he something small and give allyuh to go to the lime........Now we drink the beers get shittings spend a set off money on doctor fee and medication and me boi normal..........he might say he didnt know and play he carrying back the beers to get back the money..but what about all the suffering we went through because of somebody else problem?.......WHO FEELS IT KNOWS IT FELLAS TIME TO ROCK ON WE OWN.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 18th, 2013, 11:51 pm

kilabee wrote:TRUE .......all i saying is let we racers do we own thing i could get the numbers for the boat and ah sure somebody could find out the requirements for customs immigration police port etc....an we guh come together and organize....WE ARE THE PEOPLE WITH THE MONEY THAT MAKES THIS THING HAPPEN....WHY WE CYAH DO IT WE SELF?.....EVEN IF WE GET SOME HEADACHE I QUITE SURE IT WOULD NOT AS MUCH AS THIS PROBLEM WE HAD TO GO GRENADA.....

&

kilabee wrote:Check this out, all of us are like friends going out on ah lime........everybody chipping in for the case ah BEERS!!!! everybody chip in and ah man run in the grocery and buy it and we gone...... Now if we had ah organizer who not in it for the LIME but in it to make some money...Yuh will find he collecting all the money going to ah by ah partner who own ah rum shop who have expired beers and hit he something small and give allyuh to go to the lime........Now we drink the beers get shittings spend a set off money on doctor fee and medication and me boi normal..........he might say he didnt know and play he carrying back the beers to get back the money..but what about all the suffering we went through because of somebody else problem?.......WHO FEELS IT KNOWS IT FELLAS TIME TO ROCK ON WE OWN.

well one issue is that its not just 'that simple' ... the promoters of the event (GMC) offer THEIR services to other caribbean countries (like antigua and st vincent) to come to THEIR track to race. the event was put on by GMC .... and it's not simply a matter of 'coming together to form a committee.' for example, motorsports in trinidad have suffered from this for YEARS, and possibly will continue to suffer for it for many more years to come... we have gotten camden, lost it twice, and who knows, possibly be getting it back soon.... (fingers crossed) .... but either way, we were INVITED by GND to come there to race.... yes it was their irresponsibility to see through that ALL preparations were made to see that the cars landed safely, but either way, its quite more a dream than a reality to get everyone together. trust and transparency is what will be lacking between individuals. either way, with all this said, i am in NO WAY supporting the actions of GMC this past weekend, im just clearly stating that it was not an easy act to just make some calls and get things done.... i personally listened to ravi say "the cars would leave guaranteed for tomorrow (friday) no earlier than 12.... and that ALL documents were attained, and that it was a public holiday in st vincent on thursday and that once the correct papers were forwarded at 10am (ones that were CONFIRMED by ravi to be sorted out) that the boat would sail and that they would handle port charges at whatever time the boat were to reach GND on friday night/sat morning.... waiting and waiting.... then to hear what REALLY happened.... either way.... its quite sad to see the outcome... but in some ways, it worked out for the best...

...on sunday the track was FAILED as prepped, and even the timing system was down, no times, no lights, no traction.... it really is such a shame to see trinidad's potential go to waste like that....

ps.... next time you decide to vent, do it in english? .... it'll make it easier for the ppl who don't know what you're talking about to understand.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » March 19th, 2013, 8:10 am

Title - DRAG RACERS GET WOOD AGAIN !

The above title appears to be the current trend exclusive to this discipline, and when will it stop?

I did some digging, and as earlier stated it was GREED that set the lock down process into action.

Allegedly, it appears that the broker was deceived by our local boy about the total shipping cost of cars and bikes but tried to swing a deal with the ship's captain. Allegedly, when the broker got wind of this situation, he spilled the beans on the expired boat registration, this allegation set the stage for what is now history.

This is the second time that a ship with drag cars failed to sail and deliver its cargo to its final destination, the fist was the Guyana trip with three cars a few weeks ago, this one a result of poor organisational experience.

I was made to understand the the St Lucia organiser is fully aware of this new development and is in the process of implementing checks and balances to prevent a repeat of last weekend's nightmare.

A word of advice, but it might never happened. As long as you all Drag Racers remain divided you will never equal your collaborative efforts in numbers of strength in demand for transparency and accountability, it will always be WOOD after WOOD. As in Camden 2012, 2013 already start with a bang with latex. Good Luck.

wraith
Trinituner Peong

Postby wraith » March 19th, 2013, 10:01 am

^^yup....

alan can we settle it out in lucia? will you be up and ready to decimate all in SLU? plz say yes

Yes will be there in force, I cannot wait to run again.

On another note, you guys who want to go race in another island can do like st. vincent and just hire their own boat, I saw online today that they are trying to get their port charges waived to bring down costs for them to go st. lucia.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » March 19th, 2013, 10:57 am

MICROTECH 7 wrote:Title - DRAG RACERS GET WOOD AGAIN !

The above title appears to be the current trend exclusive to this discipline, and when will it stop?

I did some digging, and as earlier stated it was GREED that set the lock down process into action.

Allegedly, it appears that the broker was deceived by our local boy about the total shipping cost of cars and bikes but tried to swing a deal with the ship's captain. Allegedly, when the broker got wind of this situation, he spilled the beans on the expired boat registration, this allegation set the stage for what is now history.

This is the second time that a ship with drag cars failed to sail and deliver its cargo to its final destination, the fist was the Guyana trip with three cars a few weeks ago, this one a result of poor organisational experience.

I was made to understand the the St Lucia organiser is fully aware of this new development and is in the process of implementing checks and balances to prevent a repeat of last weekend's nightmare.

A word of advice, but it might never happened. As long as you all Drag Racers remain divided you will never equal your collaborative efforts in numbers of strength in demand for transparency and accountability, it will always be WOOD after WOOD. As in Camden 2012, 2013 already start with a bang with latex. Good Luck.

Microtech do some more digging .....this is not the second time that this has happened...and it is no major surprise to some...to me racers being devided has nothing to do with it ...a package was presented which was seemingly attractive enough to generate a boat load of "green" racers. The "Wood after Wood" came in when you are mislead, or assume that there is a certain level of responsibility attached....Event stagers have to do what it takes for certain things to happen which may include additional costs...the thing is for people to demand a level of responsibility...and that can come from any group as divided as they may be....

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » March 19th, 2013, 11:20 am

wraith wrote:
^^yup....

alan can we settle it out in lucia? will you be up and ready to decimate all in SLU? plz say yes

On another note, you guys who want to go race in another island can do like st. vincent and just hire their own boat, I saw online today that they are trying to get their port charges waived to bring down costs for them to go st. lucia.

The above is a cry for salvation from bandits.

This statement also shows the need for our local regulatory body involvement in the travel process. We all know of our Governing body's recent en devours but their silence is deafening along with noticeable absenteeism in everything.

In all other sports the regulatory body is normally the catalyst to sanction athletics representing T&T, ensuring that all is well on both sides along with tax exempt charges.

It appears that our local regulatory body is on vacation and are sitting idly by watching their athletics frustrated themselves and lend no support. Instead drivers that should be concerned about surviving an event without mechanical failure have to worry about getting there first.

As it stands no significant statement has been made concerning progress moving forward or the promised after Carnival Camden event, in which drivers planning to travel could test their cars.

I heard Camden's least is up to June. Do you have the venue or don't you ? Please confirm.

crash dummy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crash dummy » March 19th, 2013, 12:36 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:
wraith wrote:
^^yup....

The above is a cry for salvation from bandits.

This statement also shows the need for our local regulatory body involvement in the travel process. We all know of our Governing body's recent en devours but their silence is deafening along with noticeable absenteeism in everything.

In all other sports the regulatory body is normally the catalyst to sanction athletics representing T&T, ensuring that all is well on both sides along with tax exempt charges.

It appears that our local regulatory body is on vacation and are sitting idly by watching their athletics frustrated themselves and lend no support. Instead drivers that should be concerned about surviving an event without mechanical failure have to worry about getting there first.
As it stands no significant statement has been made concerning progress moving forward or the promised after Carnival Camden event, in which drivers planning to travel could test their cars.

I heard Camden's least is up to June. Do you have the venue or don't you ? Please confirm.

This

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 19th, 2013, 1:13 pm

wraith wrote:
^^yup....

can't wait to run YOU again..... that sheit was the closest race we've EVER had....

AMAZING competition :D thnx....

*whatever it was that happened to ur car on that run, if it didnt happen, we would have lost horribly too* :lol:

wraith
Trinituner Peong

Postby wraith » March 19th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Sinister_Audio wrote:
wraith wrote:
^^yup....

can't wait to run YOU again..... that sheit was the closest race we've EVER had....

*whatever it was that happened to ur car on that run, if it didnt happen, we would have lost horribly too* :lol:

Well when we finally pulled apart the engine in january we found that a piston had melted and it's pieces did some damage to the seats in the head.

Well now have some new heads on the way and it should only take 2 days to put everything back together, so it will be a whole new engine to break out by fire come SLU :D

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » March 19th, 2013, 4:36 pm

nigie wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:Title - DRAG RACERS GET WOOD AGAIN !

Microtech do some more digging .....this is not the second time that this has happened...and it is no major surprise to some...to me racers being devided has nothing to do with it ...a package was presented which was seemingly attractive enough to generate a boat load of "green" racers. The "Wood after Wood" came in when you are mislead, or assume that there is a certain level of responsibility attached....Event stagers have to do what it takes for certain things to happen which may include additional costs...the thing is for people to demand a level of responsibility...and that can come from any group as divided as they may be....

Received and noted Nigie. With this experience, in future, now you know who to stay away from !

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 19th, 2013, 5:02 pm

wraith wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:
wraith wrote:
^^yup....

Well when we finally pulled apart the engine in january we found that a piston had melted and it's pieces did some damage to the seats in the head.

Well now have some new heads on the way and it should only take 2 days to put everything back together, so it will be a whole new engine to break out by fire come SLU :D

sounds good!

maybe if/when we get access to camden in a couple weeks we can do some test and tuning to see whats up....

kilabee
Ricer

Postby kilabee » March 19th, 2013, 9:49 pm

AT THE END OF THE DAY IT CAN'T HAVE ANY RACING WITHOUT RACERS.......IT MIGHT BE HARD TO DO IT BY OURSELVES BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE...........I RUNNING IN BREATHLESS.....

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 19th, 2013, 10:17 pm

kilabee wrote:AT THE END OF THE DAY IT CAN'T HAVE ANY RACING WITHOUT RACERS.......IT MIGHT BE HARD TO DO IT BY OURSELVES BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE...........I RUNNING IN BREATHLESS.....

must you type in caps? ..... and this is not the first time someone is saying this, nor is it any more effective by 'ranting' online.... here's a solution, follow up with the current governing body of motorsport (TTASA) and go to their meetings and voice you opinions the same way you do here. your time here posting your opinions are almost irrelevant, because the people that need it to be heard are NOT going to read your post. so make it known by going to the said meetings and become a member so your vote says something.

roadracer7
Shifting into 6th

Postby roadracer7 » March 19th, 2013, 10:30 pm

this sought of thing has been happening since they first roll out 'd' tyre. 'd'manufacturer sell for a$1 ,'d 'middle man sell for $2, 'd' retailer sell for $5. doh tell me you had yuh head stuck in 'd' enginebay all'd' time.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 20th, 2013, 2:15 am

roadracer7 wrote:this sought of thing has been happening since they first roll out 'd' tyre. 'd'manufacturer sell for a$1 ,'d 'middle man sell for $2, 'd' retailer sell for $5. doh tell me you had yuh head stuck in 'd' enginebay all'd' time.

lolwut?

Cooloh
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cooloh » March 23rd, 2013, 9:51 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:A word of advice, but it might never happened. As long as you all Drag Racers remain divided you will never equal your collaborative efforts in numbers of strength in demand for transparency and accountability, it will always be WOOD after WOOD. As in Camden 2012, 2013 already start with a bang with latex. Good Luck.

X 2!!!!

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » March 24th, 2013, 2:09 am

Cooloh wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:A word of advice, but it might never happened. As long as you all Drag Racers remain divided you will never equal your collaborative efforts in numbers of strength in demand for transparency and accountability, it will always be WOOD after WOOD. As in Camden 2012, 2013 already start with a bang with latex. Good Luck.

X2!!!!

no he doesn't drag race anymore :roll:

Cooloh
Sweet on this forum

Postby Cooloh » March 24th, 2013, 4:20 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:
Cooloh wrote:

X2!!!!

no he doesn't drag race anymore :roll:

I actually went to a couple TTASA meetings cuz I was considering being more involved in drag racing at a point. When I went to the meeting I was terribly disappointed. Too much politics! Seriously.. Meeting lasted 2 hours and all they did was argue, bad talk each other (and mostly people wo weren't there). I was really surprised.. Never believed big men could behave like little girls so :roll: Of course I never went back and just continued being a spectator..

Just my 2 cents... :shock:

Advertisement

Return to “Drag Racing”