Forums

N.A.R.A- Dec 14th-15th- Night and day Drags @ Camden

Official T&T Drag Racing Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

milkboyz
Street 2NR

Re: N.A.R.A- Dec 14th-15th- Night and day Drags @ Camden

Postby milkboyz » November 30th, 2013, 7:25 pm

So if your car is an all wheel drive street car an it is doing 11sec do u need a roll cage to run at the event please let me know.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 30th, 2013, 9:02 pm

milkboyz wrote:So if your car is an all wheel drive street car an it is doing 11sec do u need a roll cage to run at the event please let me know.

So if your car doing 11sec do u need a roll cage ?
That's the relevant info/question to put forward...but, seeing that it's answered in earlier posts... :roll:
rgds

milkboyz
Street 2NR

Postby milkboyz » December 1st, 2013, 10:07 am

So the answer is yes then but i cannot remember when last an subaru,evo,pulsar or skyline lost control on the track or an not forgetting 4wd b13's u all need to rethink your rules because this should be implemented for rwd cars only and it is also how safe a car is set up an the suspension work that has been done. I have seen 14sec cars losing control on the track because of their suspension an also there are 9 an 10 sec 4wd street cars running straight like a needle.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » December 1st, 2013, 11:41 am

milkboyz wrote:So the answer is yes then but i cannot remember when last an subaru,evo,pulsar or skyline lost control on the track or an not forgetting 4wd b13's u all need to rethink your rules because this should be implemented for rwd cars only and it is also how safe a car is set up an the suspension work that has been done. I have seen 14sec cars losing control on the track because of their suspension an also there are 9 an 10 sec 4wd street cars running straight like a needle.

I've read through this relevant article (below) & I don't see any reference to 4wd, awd, subaru, nissan, lancer (oops - EVO), etc.....only SAFETY...AS IT RELATES TO CAR'S CAPABILITY........
Are u suggesting by your statement :
"...i cannot remember when last an subaru,evo,pulsar or skyline lost control on the track or an not forgetting 4wd b13's u all need to rethink your rules because this should be implemented for rwd cars only..."

that the drivers/teams of these type of cars DO NOT HAVE TO OBSERVE NECESSARY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ?????? :shock:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/nhra ... _brackets/

By the time a car is capable of running between 11.00 and 11.99 seconds in the quarter-mile, safety requirements are especially important. Up until this point, factory seatbelts are acceptable, but in the 11-second-and-quicker time zone you need a quality safety harness. The minimum requirement is a 3-inch-wide, five-point harness meeting SFI spec 16.1. The 1995 National Hot Rod Association Rulebook outlines the proper way to mount the shoulder harness and belts.

An NHRA-legal rollbar is also required in the category. Recent rule changes have reconfigured what NHRA classifies as a rollbar. The classic four-point bar is no longer acceptable. The new standard is mild-steel tubing of at least .120-inch wall thickness (most chassis companies, like Art Morrison, use .134-inch wall tubing) that includes a forward-running side bar from the main hoop past the driver’s shoulder. This bar is only required on the driver’s side, but most systems include both sides for a six-point rollbar.

An SFI-approved scattershield is also necessary in this e.t. category. NHRA requires the scattershield to have an SFI aluminum-foil sticker. According to Red Roberts of McLeod Industries, older bellhousings can be certified by sending the scattershield and block plate to the original manufacturer. The company will inspect the housing and if it passes, it will receive an SFI 6-1 certification. Most SFI certifications are good for five years. Contact your manufacturer if you’re not sure.

The clutch and flywheel must also be SFI certified. The main consideration in this area is to avoid using a cast-iron flywheel. According to Roberts, sometime in the mid-’70s most of the new car companies began using nodular iron flywheels that are much safer. Most, if not all, current high-performance aluminum and steel flywheels are safe when used in conjunction with an approved scattershield, but the rules state that the pressure plate and flywheel need an SFI certification number. Roberts says the best plan is to record all your SFI numbers in a logbook. This makes it easier for the tech inspector and it shows the inspector that you understand the importance of the inspection process. This e.t. level also requires steel valve stems in all wheels, along with arm restraints for open-cockpit cars like roadsters.

Cars running between 10.00 and 10.99 need all the above-mentioned safety equipment, plus driver’s protective clothing, aftermarket axles and an SFI-approved harmonic balancer. The driver needs to have at least a single-layer, SFI-approved jacket such as those sold by companies like Diest, Simpson, RJR and others, as well as long pants and approved driver’s gloves.

The aftermarket axle requirement also extends to installing a C-clip eliminator kit in any rearend that uses a C-clip to retain the rear axle, such as the GM 10- and 12-bolts and the Ford 8.8-inch rearends. While the current NHRA axle rule does not include an SFI spec for axles, experienced axle manufacturers such as Summers Brothers, Mark Williams, Strange and others offer axles intended for this kind of abuse.

Harmonic balancers first became a subject of concern on blown cars that placed enormous loads on the balancer driving the supercharger. Now, any car running quicker than 10.99 needs an SFI-approved harmonic balancer to be legal. Companies like Vibratech, TCI, BHJ and others can supply the necessary legal part.

A new NHRA safety rule change for 1995 states that cars running between 10.00 and 10.99 must have a rollcage unless the car has an unaltered firewall, floorpan and body (except for wheeltubs). This means if you have a street car with a stock floorpan and firewall but have tubbed it for bigger tires, all you need is a five-point rollbar until the car runs quicker than 10.00. Of course, a rollcage is perfectly acceptable if you wish to install one.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/nhra ... z2mEmBXBLF

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » December 2nd, 2013, 12:22 am

pilot1950
Ricer

Postby pilot1950 » December 2nd, 2013, 6:40 am

When the norm was to do the wrong thing sadly the introduction of doing the right thing would meet opposition and resistance.
Smh.

milkboyz
Street 2NR

Postby milkboyz » December 2nd, 2013, 7:08 am

Link u are making quote from NHRA rules and regulations i want to know if Camden race track is NHRA Approved.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » December 2nd, 2013, 7:18 am

milkboyz wrote:Link u are making quote from NHRA rules and regulations i want to know if Camden race track is NHRA Approved.

so now u r saying Camden is not NHRA approved so ppl don't have to follow simple safety regs ?? :?
these reqmnts were in place before 1995 (as wagonrunner pointed out)....... it's your safety man...all of you all & you have a problem with that ?? :roll:
I understand there was an incident at Camden yesterday ??? why don't you check out the contributing factors & relate those to your nonsensical resistance to safety features ?
safety is a non-issue...
check out a 2012 rules :
http://www.gatewaymsp.com/wp-content/up ... leBook.pdf

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » December 2nd, 2013, 8:20 am

Will camden pass fia safety regulatuons for cars under 14 sec......... link?

NY4PD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby NY4PD » December 2nd, 2013, 8:42 am

link wrote:
milkboyz wrote:So the answer is yes then but i cannot remember when last an subaru,evo,pulsar or skyline lost control on the track or an not forgetting 4wd b13's u all need to rethink your rules because this should be implemented for rwd cars only and it is also how safe a car is set up an the suspension work that has been done. I have seen 14sec cars losing control on the track because of their suspension an also there are 9 an 10 sec 4wd street cars running straight like a needle.

I've read through this relevant article (below) & I don't see any reference to 4wd, awd, subaru, nissan, lancer (oops - EVO), etc.....only SAFETY...AS IT RELATES TO CAR'S CAPABILITY........
Are u suggesting by your statement :
"...i cannot remember when last an subaru,evo,pulsar or skyline lost control on the track or an not forgetting 4wd b13's u all need to rethink your rules because this should be implemented for rwd cars only..."

that the drivers/teams of these type of cars DO NOT HAVE TO OBSERVE NECESSARY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ?????? :shock:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/nhra ... _brackets/

By the time a car is capable of running between 11.00 and 11.99 seconds in the quarter-mile, safety requirements are especially important. Up until this point, factory seatbelts are acceptable, but in the 11-second-and-quicker time zone you need a quality safety harness. The minimum requirement is a 3-inch-wide, five-point harness meeting SFI spec 16.1. The 1995 National Hot Rod Association Rulebook outlines the proper way to mount the shoulder harness and belts.

An NHRA-legal rollbar is also required in the category. Recent rule changes have reconfigured what NHRA classifies as a rollbar. The classic four-point bar is no longer acceptable. The new standard is mild-steel tubing of at least .120-inch wall thickness (most chassis companies, like Art Morrison, use .134-inch wall tubing) that includes a forward-running side bar from the main hoop past the driver’s shoulder. This bar is only required on the driver’s side, but most systems include both sides for a six-point rollbar.

An SFI-approved scattershield is also necessary in this e.t. category. NHRA requires the scattershield to have an SFI aluminum-foil sticker. According to Red Roberts of McLeod Industries, older bellhousings can be certified by sending the scattershield and block plate to the original manufacturer. The company will inspect the housing and if it passes, it will receive an SFI 6-1 certification. Most SFI certifications are good for five years. Contact your manufacturer if you’re not sure.

The clutch and flywheel must also be SFI certified. The main consideration in this area is to avoid using a cast-iron flywheel. According to Roberts, sometime in the mid-’70s most of the new car companies began using nodular iron flywheels that are much safer. Most, if not all, current high-performance aluminum and steel flywheels are safe when used in conjunction with an approved scattershield, but the rules state that the pressure plate and flywheel need an SFI certification number. Roberts says the best plan is to record all your SFI numbers in a logbook. This makes it easier for the tech inspector and it shows the inspector that you understand the importance of the inspection process. This e.t. level also requires steel valve stems in all wheels, along with arm restraints for open-cockpit cars like roadsters.

Cars running between 10.00 and 10.99 need all the above-mentioned safety equipment, plus driver’s protective clothing, aftermarket axles and an SFI-approved harmonic balancer. The driver needs to have at least a single-layer, SFI-approved jacket such as those sold by companies like Diest, Simpson, RJR and others, as well as long pants and approved driver’s gloves.

The aftermarket axle requirement also extends to installing a C-clip eliminator kit in any rearend that uses a C-clip to retain the rear axle, such as the GM 10- and 12-bolts and the Ford 8.8-inch rearends. While the current NHRA axle rule does not include an SFI spec for axles, experienced axle manufacturers such as Summers Brothers, Mark Williams, Strange and others offer axles intended for this kind of abuse.

Harmonic balancers first became a subject of concern on blown cars that placed enormous loads on the balancer driving the supercharger. Now, any car running quicker than 10.99 needs an SFI-approved harmonic balancer to be legal. Companies like Vibratech, TCI, BHJ and others can supply the necessary legal part.

A new NHRA safety rule change for 1995 states that cars running between 10.00 and 10.99 must have a rollcage unless the car has an unaltered firewall, floorpan and body (except for wheeltubs). This means if you have a street car with a stock floorpan and firewall but have tubbed it for bigger tires, all you need is a five-point rollbar until the car runs quicker than 10.00. Of course, a rollcage is perfectly acceptable if you wish to install one.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/nhra ... z2mEmBXBLF

Some of this info you have here is not all correct, and it will applies for some cars depends on weather its a full drag car or fast street car, I have been in the USA racing game for years and still is, and I have lots of experience on the track preps etc along with racing experience, I will share my knowledge with N.A.R.A. and help out, soon as they ready to accept my info on safety and track issues....no offense too anyone here, but your comments is well taken safety is priority....

milkboyz
Street 2NR

Postby milkboyz » December 2nd, 2013, 9:57 am

All i ask was a simple question if a 11sec 4wd street car must have a roll cage to race at a N.A.R.A. event it was a simple yes or no answer im not sure if link is NARA mouthpiece but start to quote from NHRA rules.I could understand the safety of a roll cage in a rwd car because they will tend to loose control faster under power.For having ignorant people such as link trying to host an event that is why there will only be a handfull of racers attending your events an yes NY4PD enlighten link with some knowledge because he wants to implement NHRA rules on a track that was never meant for drag racing an that is not even NHRA approved so please take some advise from knowledgeable people like NY4PD .

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » December 2nd, 2013, 9:58 am

SR wrote:Will camden pass fia safety regulatuons for cars under 14 sec......... link?

I don't know what model car or level of tech prep (regulatuons ??) installed a 'camden' is........can u elaborate ??
....and, if u can do that, direct your pendejo-ivity toward the FIA ASN....
if u insist on asking 'pendejo' ?? , u get 'pendejo' answers........ :P
ah learn ah new word :idea:
Last edited by link on December 2nd, 2013, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » December 2nd, 2013, 10:40 am

milkboyz wrote:All i ask was a simple question....
.I could understand the safety of a roll cage in a rwd car because they will tend to loose control faster under power
.he wants to implement NHRA rules on a track that was never meant for drag racing an that is not even NHRA approved
.so please take some advise from knowledgeable people like NY4PD .

that u answered YOURSELF
so now you admit a rollcage is good safety precaution
none of the public roadways in T&T meant for drag racing OR NHRA approved ,
Qte NY4PD's advice (in part) "...safety is priority...."
check below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3qyXRCWNhk
.it's obvious u don't adhere to any rules..
Best regards

trinispectator
Riding on 13's

Postby trinispectator » December 2nd, 2013, 10:51 am

Hmmmmmmmmm, action weekend.

No rain, please......weekend was a mess with that rain.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » December 2nd, 2013, 10:56 am

trinispectator wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm, action weekend.

No rain, please......weekend was a mess with that rain.

ditto..........moon will be almost full.....for a great night's racing :D

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 2nd, 2013, 11:03 am

why don't link just give a straight yes or no answer instead of all these beat around the bush answers?? or is it because there are rules and exceptions for "friends" and a different rule for the rest??\

NARA my advise to you, if you want to move forward and gain the respect of everyone in the racing community, keep link far away from your organization, because his smart ass answers online keep pushing ppl far away and boycotting your events

douglasdjohn
Street 2NR

Postby douglasdjohn » December 2nd, 2013, 11:34 am

Good Day All,

I would like to address concerns and questions as always from N.A.R.A Management..

Question on Rollcage and 12, 11, 10 s and so on:

Rollcage in any make or specific 4wd or 2wd, rear and ft wheel drive cars is not mandatory for 12s, 11s cars according to International rules and regulations, at N.A.R.A, we are simply raising the standard of safety towards ALL drivers…we prefer that it is part of your safety aspect for your Drag Racing Vehicle for those brackets. No one would like to be the first that some sort of incident happens where history has shown that it is not likely…We prefer the drivers be safe than sorry.

The Forum does add values towards comments negative or positive and info being given is noted…regardless…some points may apply and some do not.

N.A.R.A wishes that we in Trinidad and Tobago do have a suitable place for racing, namely Drag racing, but this is jus not so. Track preparations and safety is the best way possible to have the enjoyment and excitement that this sport brings to both Patrons and Racers alike.

I hope the above answers any questions that may arise from the safety aspect of a Roll Cage as this is the way that N.A.R.A rules were adapted to ensure safety on an imperfect track and to keep all concerned safe and happy racing..

In Short, Yesterday saw an unfortunate incident where a RWD car in an 11S category flipped and crashed at Camden..This unfortunate racer was Gregory John who happens to be my Brother…he is a 17 plus year experienced race car driver and fortunately the Roll Cage saved his life!..

As the PRO for N.A.R.A Management these rules should be governed and followed…Official answers to questions and concerns will be addressed accordingly and released.

Regards,

N.A.R.A

milkboyz
Street 2NR

Postby milkboyz » December 2nd, 2013, 12:46 pm

Hey link if u can read an understand i support RWD cars having a role cage but my question was if a role cage in 11sec 4WD street car is a must to race at a NARA event an u still have not answer my question so stop being smart an jus state weather yes or no.Also if u look at the point i am trying to make Faisal R35 ran 9.3 sec an ran straight like a needle an look at Mr. John in his Rx7 unfortunatly what happened because his suspension was in a mess.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » December 2nd, 2013, 1:01 pm

I wonder what's the opinion on a street driven car with a roll cage.
Would the driver be wearing a helmet at all times while using the street?
What happens in the event of a collision then?

douglasdjohn
Street 2NR

Postby douglasdjohn » December 2nd, 2013, 1:44 pm

milkboyz wrote:Hey link if u can read an understand i support RWD cars having a role cage but my question was if a role cage in 11sec 4WD street car is a must to race at a NARA event an u still have not answer my question so stop being smart an jus state weather yes or no.Also if u look at the point i am trying to make Faisal R35 ran 9.3 sec an ran straight like a needle an look at Mr. John in his Rx7 unfortunatly what happened because his suspension was in a mess.

Milkboyz, to answer your question: Yes u can race at N.A.R.A event…its not mandatory and jus stated that we would prefer for safety you have one…We welcome and appreciate your input and it doesn't hamper you to race at N.A.R.A…jus a safety issue to the point made.

N.A.R.A..

pilot1950
Ricer

Postby pilot1950 » December 2nd, 2013, 1:44 pm

milkboyz wrote:Hey link if u can read an understand i support RWD cars having a role cage but my question was if a role cage in 11sec 4WD street car is a must to race at a NARA event an u still have not answer my question so stop being smart an jus state weather yes or no.Also if u look at the point i am trying to make Faisal R35 ran 9.3 sec an ran straight like a needle an look at Mr. John in his Rx7 unfortunatly what happened because his suspension was in a mess.

Suspension in a mess?!!!.....and he passed scrutineering?
So who is to blame for his demise?
I'm sure that he's glad (and his family) that he had a roll cage!

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 2nd, 2013, 1:51 pm

douglasdjohn wrote:Good Day All,

I would like to address concerns and questions as always from N.A.R.A Management..

Question on Rollcage and 12, 11, 10 s and so on:

Rollcage in any make or specific 4wd or 2wd, rear and ft wheel drive cars is not mandatory for 12s, 11s cars according to International rules and regulations, at N.A.R.A, we are simply raising the standard of safety towards ALL drivers…we prefer that it is part of your safety aspect for your Drag Racing Vehicle for those brackets. No one would like to be the first that some sort of incident happens where history has shown that it is not likely…We prefer the drivers be safe than sorry.

The Forum does add values towards comments negative or positive and info being given is noted…regardless…some points may apply and some do not.

N.A.R.A wishes that we in Trinidad and Tobago do have a suitable place for racing, namely Drag racing, but this is jus not so. Track preparations and safety is the best way possible to have the enjoyment and excitement that this sport brings to both Patrons and Racers alike.

I hope the above answers any questions that may arise from the safety aspect of a Roll Cage as this is the way that N.A.R.A rules were adapted to ensure safety on an imperfect track and to keep all concerned safe and happy racing..

In Short, Yesterday saw an unfortunate incident where a RWD car in an 11S category flipped and crashed at Camden..This unfortunate racer was Gregory John who happens to be my Brother…he is a 17 plus year experienced race car driver and fortunately the Roll Cage saved his life!..

As the PRO for N.A.R.A Management these rules should be governed and followed…Official answers to questions and concerns will be addressed accordingly and released.

Regards,

N.A.R.A

a very professional response...thank you sir...

if you're the PRO of the organization, why does link "pretend" to be and give information on behalf of NARA with his arrogant tone and statements?

please listen to the ppl on the street, keep your organization as far away from link as possible or feel the same fate as TTASA

douglasdjohn
Street 2NR

Postby douglasdjohn » December 2nd, 2013, 2:17 pm

Good Day Link,

Thanks for the input on this forum as it is open to all comments and shared relevant information, however some comments made suggests your answering on behalf of N.A.R.A and i am taking this opportunity to respectfully state that opinions shared does not always mean it is that of N.A.R.A Management…its that, just opinions..

I would respectfully ask that we are allowed to respond accordingly to points and concerns expressed on the forum in relation to N.A.R.A events.

This is to clarify and not intended to disrespect any person's stated opinions.

N.A.R.A

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » December 2nd, 2013, 2:44 pm

douglasdjohn wrote:Good Day Link,

Thanks for the input on this forum as it is open to all comments and shared relevant information, however some comments made suggests your answering on behalf of N.A.R.A and i am taking this opportunity to respectfully state that opinions shared does not always mean it is that of N.A.R.A Management…its that, just opinions..

I would respectfully ask that we are allowed to respond accordingly to points and concerns expressed on the forum in relation to N.A.R.A events.

N.A.R.A

ah. that clears up a lot of confusion.

milkboyz
Street 2NR

Postby milkboyz » December 2nd, 2013, 2:48 pm

Thanks Mr.douglasdjohn that was all i wanted to know an as to pilot 1950 u cannot blame the people who is scrutineering your car if u runs off the track it was very clear to see that Mr.John Rx7 rear shocks was too soft an the car was bouncing alot when he shifted gears so it was up to his pit crew to see what was happening an they should of advise him not to run his car that is what u have a pit crew for another car that is very unstable is Jerry datsun 120y so u cannot blame the people who is scrutineering your car if your car's suspension is not set up properly.

NY4PD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby NY4PD » December 2nd, 2013, 3:35 pm

I will be at the Brief meeting coming soon for N.A.R.A. Im looking forward to meeting everyone there and will be more than happy to help this Team N.A.R.A. out in best way i can....

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 2nd, 2013, 3:39 pm

link

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » December 2nd, 2013, 4:05 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
douglasdjohn wrote:Good Day Link,

N.A.R.A

ah. that clears up a lot of confusion.

8-) 8-) :idea:

White CZ4A
30 pounds of Boost

Postby White CZ4A » December 2nd, 2013, 4:30 pm

A few people had mentioned to me about that rx's suspension from since the test and tune on Saturday.
And wagon runner...that's exactly why I don't want a full cage in my car. I'm in the process of putting in a roll/half cage with a harness bar but that's it.

douglasdjohn
Street 2NR

Postby douglasdjohn » December 2nd, 2013, 5:24 pm

GRENADA IS COMING!!!!!…2JZ POWERED SUPRA!!!

Last edited by douglasdjohn on December 2nd, 2013, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Drag Racing”