Ricardo's 900hp+ RX7; Santoski Racing - a quick look

Official T&T Drag Racing Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Ricardo's 900hp+ RX7; Santoski Racing - a quick look

Postby Sinister_Audio » May 15th, 2014, 5:10 am

Ricardo Mohammed's FD3S
Built and tuned locally at ALL PRO PERFORMANCE.

Here's a quick look at Santoski Racing

IG & Twitter: @SINISTERAUDIO
Facebook.com/sinisteraudio

8-)

Mr.Bollywood
Riding on 16's

Re: Ricardo's 900hp+ RX7; Santoski Racing - a quick look

Postby Mr.Bollywood » May 15th, 2014, 5:50 am

how much boost is he running?? the car is ready to take off like a jet!!

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » May 15th, 2014, 10:49 am

32-34 psi.. Makes about 879whp
It's at 38-39 right now, so it's assumed it's at well over 900

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » May 15th, 2014, 7:09 pm

i always wonder why people ask how much boost...question should be what turbo..and power he is making....

damn boy sinister...car looked like it was ready to take off

Mr.Bollywood
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr.Bollywood » May 15th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Sinister_Audio wrote:32-34 psi.. Makes about 879whp

wowwwwww extremely impressive, I saw him run in Camden only once when he made his 9.9sec can't wait to see him run once more!!
Aaron 2NR wrote:i always wonder why people ask how much boost...question should be what turbo..and power he is making....

asked how much boost to get an estimate of the power being pushed, but sinister cleared that up thanks bro!

amazing machine never the less, wonder if air shifters might help with shifting, looks like he's getting punched in the face when he shifts up

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » May 16th, 2014, 6:57 am

Mr.Bollywood wrote:

wowwwwww extremely impressive, I saw him run in Camden only once when he made his 9.9sec can't wait to see him run once more!!
Aaron 2NR wrote:i always wonder why people ask how much boost...question should be what turbo..and power he is making....

asked how much boost to get an estimate of the power being pushed, but sinister cleared that up thanks bro!

amazing machine never the less, wonder if air shifters might help with shifting, looks like he's getting punched in the face when he shifts up

it's really just in its testing stages, the guys who built and tuned the car know EXACTLY what they're doing, there's no guessing, from the turbo selection to the engine porting. its tuned flawlessly, it also runs on methanol and uses 12 ID2000s mounted on a PROJAY intake manifold.

i believe this makes trinidad's highest HP rotary motor.... doesn't really say much because Peter Laquis' 2nd Gen RX7 ran 9.3 in camden.

So i guess next weekend on the 24th & 25th we'll see how it runs.
I also believe with the latest acquisition of the Lubetech sponsor, more and more of the 'bigger cars' who would like the reliability and efficiency of having a better prepped track racing with TTUNDRA, not to mention the much more accurate timing system. Especially when tuning the suspension, we actually NEED an accurate 60ft time, which is what TTUNDRA delivers.

an air shifter isn't necessary..... the fastest rotary in the world doesn't need it.... why would this? lol

btw, the guy who tuned the worlds highest HP and worlds fastest rotary is the guy who tuned this car, Wilbert Anaya. and i must say, for all the talk that i've heard about rotaries breaking.... i've totally revamped my opinion..... just like SRs in trinidad.... you just gotta know what you're doin, and who's tuning it.

thatlife
Sweet on this forum

Postby thatlife » May 16th, 2014, 9:13 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:
btw, the guy who tuned the worlds highest HP and worlds fastest rotary is the guy who tuned this car, Wilbert Anaya. and i must say, for all the talk that i've heard about rotaries breaking.... i've totally revamped my opinion..... just like SRs in trinidad.... you just gotta know what you're doin, and who's tuning it.

i thought steve khan was the best rotary tuner in the world?

ref:
peter laquis
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ter+laquis

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » May 16th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Heard those guys are getting 1 (or 2) foreign built 3/4 chassis Rx8's to compete in Trinidad... Not sure if it's a BS rumor or not.

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » May 16th, 2014, 7:22 pm

thatlife wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:

ref:
peter laquis

Steve is good in his own right, but I don't think he has tuned 50-60 lbs on a Rotary. He's a good street car tuner (500-700hp) but Wilbert and those guys have it all figured for big HP

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » May 16th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Sinister_Audio wrote: btw, the guy who tuned the worlds highest HP and worlds fastest rotary is the guy who tuned this car, Wilbert Anaya. and i must say, for all the talk that i've heard about rotaries breaking.... i've totally revamped my opinion..... just like SRs in trinidad.... you just gotta know what you're doin, and who's tuning it.

yh hoss to tune 5 big power rx in 9hrs and not ah thing happen dem fellas have it lock

dah was really impressive yes

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » May 17th, 2014, 3:38 am

RoTaRyBoYz wrote:Heard those guys are getting 1 (or 2) foreign built 3/4 chassis Rx8's to compete in Trinidad... Not sure if it's a BS rumor or not.

not too sure yet about the second one, but i believe one is in the works.

RoTaRyBoYz wrote:
thatlife wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:

ref:
peter laquis

Steve is good in his own right, but I don't think he has tuned 50-60 lbs on a Rotary. He's a good street car tuner (500-700hp) but Wilbert and those guys have it all figured for big HP

yup, steve kan is good, but just as u said quite rightly, he's known for more street tunes... not really much on the power drag side. but just as trinis go, they hear something, they take that sheit n RUN with that yo.... :roll:

A172 wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote: btw, the guy who tuned the worlds highest HP and worlds fastest rotary is the guy who tuned this car, Wilbert Anaya. and i must say, for all the talk that i've heard about rotaries breaking.... i've totally revamped my opinion..... just like SRs in trinidad.... you just gotta know what you're doin, and who's tuning it.

yh hoss to tune 5 big power rx in 9hrs and not ah thing happen dem fellas have it lock

dah was really impressive yes

yup!! and most of that 9 hrs was trying to get one of the boost controllers wired and switched out in and out from one of the cars.... and those curves .... lawd.... CLEAN pulls...

i went for a spin when Ryan's FD3S was on the street a couple nights ago, and i was wondering about the drive-ability of those big power cars....and this thing is AMAZING... i mean in trinidad for it so be THIS reliable its crazy awesome. i keep thinking its gonna break at some point but it just didnt. the tune was EFFICIENT and RESPONSIVE.... i was truly impressed.

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » May 17th, 2014, 5:53 am

Great video bro... Well put together

Bezman

Postby Bezman » May 17th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Awesome

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » May 18th, 2014, 7:28 pm

The Engine setup is insane. Excellent Job well done to all involved. Getting the 900hp or even around a 600+ past the 1/4 will be a very big task IMO but I am confident that the Puerto Ricans will do well with the settingsl. The Track conditions will help in a Big way also !!! Good luck and be safe guys.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » May 23rd, 2014, 6:18 pm

Sinister_Audio wrote:
Mr.Bollywood wrote:

it's really just in its testing stages, the guys who built and tuned the car know EXACTLY what they're doing, there's no guessing, from the turbo selection to the engine porting. its tuned flawlessly, it also runs on methanol and uses 12 ID2000s mounted on a PROJAY intake manifold.

i believe this makes trinidad's highest HP rotary motor.... doesn't really say much because Peter Laquis' 2nd Gen RX7 ran 9.3 in camden.

I also believe with the latest acquisition of the Lubetech sponsor, more and more of the 'bigger cars' who would like the reliability and efficiency of having a better prepped track racing with TTUNDRA, not to mention the much more accurate timing system. Especially when tuning the suspension, we actually NEED an accurate 60ft time, which is what TTUNDRA delivers.

an air shifter isn't necessary..... the fastest rotary in the world doesn't need it.... why would this? lol

Those guys are among the best at tuning , looking forward to this doing exceptionally well this weekend .

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » May 24th, 2014, 7:14 pm

cornfused wrote:
Sinister_Audio wrote:
Mr.Bollywood wrote:

Those guys are among the best at tuning , looking forward to this doing exceptionally well this weekend .

The one thing that was gonna make this car totally reliable gave out today :(

The CO2 canister had a leak and therefore the car ran on wastegate pressure which was 17 or 18 psi and it made a 10.3 with no suspension adjustments.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » May 24th, 2014, 7:16 pm

forgive my ignorance; whats the purpose of using CO2

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » May 24th, 2014, 10:31 pm

it's a much more reliable version of controlling boost at higher levels.
the pressurized CO2 canister holds pressure which bleeds off on command, pressurizing the top and sides of the wastegate to keep the gate closed at lower boost levels.

things get 'iffy' over 50psi on the average off the shelf EBC.

this was just an unfortunate circumstance with THIS CO2 canister.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » May 25th, 2014, 2:57 am

Ok makes sense....thanjs

slippers
Ricer

Postby slippers » May 30th, 2014, 10:22 pm

Sinister why u doh tell tuners dat d engine break while testing doing 10.4.big tuner, big chassis eng, big engine builder an it break after d 3rd pull while testing.foreign builders an tuners are big failure.talk nah

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » May 30th, 2014, 11:17 pm

I dont know about the builders but I know for a fact the tuner Wilbert tunes these World Record Holders

and this

and this

and this

this 2JZ also

and this 13B

Bezman

Postby Bezman » May 31st, 2014, 7:39 pm

Damn. So it broke while on the dyno? How bad was the damage? Apex seal broke?

Advertisement

Return to “Drag Racing”