So we are into the final AutoSport Event for 2011. This after collaborating with a variety of committed and passionate MotorSport lovers from different disciples, who have all come together and massaged their competitive juices to introduce a new type of racing to T&T that has proven extremely popular.
It is no longer guaranteed that you can build an engine with more horsepower than everyone, spend more time (and money) on the dyno and be a winner; or buy an Evo or Subaru and expect that the AWD and turbo combination can guarantee an advantage over “lesser” brands.
We have been able to put into motion a combination, that at the end of the day brings to the fore the real ability of the DRIVER, as the main ingredient to be a true winner.
This has been a challenge since in trying to combine the varying elements of Drag Racing, Solodex, Circuit Racing and Rallying we were threading on uncharted grounds and thus had a few stumbles. But moved forward whilst listening and dialoging with the parties involved, especially the competitors. Enough talk…
We shall be taking a serious look at rewarding the best female performer in our D&W Events.
And we are putting plans in place to have our own EOY function to hand out the prizes for D&W 4 and 5, on Wednesday 14th at a location still to be determined.
The Briefing meeting for this Event will be held on Wednesday 7th Dec, at MOSPORTT, Frederick Settlement from 6:30pm. And we know the question will come back… Entry fee for competitors - $150.00, Tent - $300.00 which may be shared, Patrons $30.00, children free.
Determining a Winner at D&W Event #5:
(1) Red light at start – Immediate loss.
(2) Cutting the course / going the wrong way – DQ – loss.
(3) If both competitors cut course - BOTH lose.
(4) Knocking down a cone + 1 second.
(5) Hitting the plastic barriers + 1 second.
(6) Competitor must STOP in the finish box and not touch the cone markers. Failure = Lose - this will be closely monitored at the next Event.
(7) Failing to be in line or come to start line after 2 minutes – DQ. (And we know that we have improved on out PA system.)
(8) Can we have two competitors losing in a KNOCKOUT? YES!
(9) Remember, only knockout phase is a race - earlier runs are NOT a race against each other.
(10) Brackets – keeping 2 second brackets.
(11) While we understand that as the day goes along, drivers can improve their skill in tackling the course and thus improve their time, we must have a limit to what is acceptable – breaking the bracket lower limit is now increased to a 1 second limit.
(12) In the Second Round of competition, a competitor having completed the FIRST run, can still opt to move to the next higher class, where the time for this first run will count and you now have only two more runs.