TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd Sept

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Red Dawg
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 605
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 5:26 pm
Location: On the inside at Zorce
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Red Dawg » August 17th, 2012, 6:09 am

nigie wrote:can u define "mainly out of wood"
would a steel chassis with a wood body bolted on b allowed
and would "hardboard wrapping" b allowed


Seconded.
Can you please define "Built mainly out of wood".

Advertisement
User avatar
nigie
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2180
Joined: October 9th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby nigie » August 17th, 2012, 11:20 am

wow ...can we get a little more length.... cramming a over 6ft hombre in a cart would be tuff..eh red dawg

User avatar
eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11538
Joined: March 10th, 2006, 1:36 am
Location: mid spec
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby eliteauto » August 17th, 2012, 12:28 pm

nigie wrote:wow ...can we get a little more length.... cramming a over 6ft hombre in a cart would be tuff..eh red dawg


does he plan to lie in it? :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Red Dawg
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 605
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 5:26 pm
Location: On the inside at Zorce
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Red Dawg » August 17th, 2012, 12:55 pm

I learned a long time ago that I am not the best driver.
I am 6'7" tall and weigh 265lbs, so I am probably not the best choice to fit into a wood box kart.
I will build it and get somebody else to drive.

User avatar
SR
Chief Cook & Instigator
Posts: 13103
Joined: April 7th, 2003, 8:11 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby SR » August 17th, 2012, 12:58 pm

:)
hmmmmm

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 17th, 2012, 1:19 pm

nigie wrote:can u define "mainly out of wood"
would a steel chassis with a wood body bolted on b allowed
and would "hardboard wrapping" b allowed


Why allyuh doh copy the Morgan Chassis that is built mainly out of wood?

OK so a rectangular metal frame with wood may be Ok

No other restrictions on wrapping etc.

The length, if we are using 4 x 8 sheets for the ramp, then you see why we are saying a length of 6'.

So less time on the Dyno and more in the wind-tunnel!

Keep It Simple Sxyz.....

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 17th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Red Dawg wrote:I learned a long time ago that I am not the best driver.
I am 6'7" tall and weigh 265lbs, so I am probably not the best choice to fit into a wood box kart.
I will build it and get somebody else to drive.


And yuh next pardner is bout 4'7" and still 265lbs. so he too pudgy.

So can we get some Tequila Twist in on the project?

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 18855
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 17th, 2012, 10:13 pm

flyer added

Image

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 5241
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 4:37 pm
Location: Trinidad y Tobago
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Team Loco » August 18th, 2012, 9:16 am

Looks like I can just remove my engine an I havee a premade cart already

Kamikaze
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 410
Joined: April 29th, 2003, 1:29 pm
Location: Everywhere!!!
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Kamikaze » August 18th, 2012, 3:59 pm

just confirming when say 16 inch diameter , allowing 16inch bike rim an tyre? or a measuring tape 16 inch overall ? ie 14 or 15 inch rim?

an metal frame covered in wood or Al or composite :twisted: allowed


Kamikaze design team in full ahead mode
Team Kamikaze love the pink kart on flyer!!!!!!!

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 18th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Kamikaze wrote:just confirming when say 16 inch diameter , allowing 16inch bike rim an tyre? or a measuring tape 16 inch overall ? ie 14 or 15 inch rim?

an metal frame covered in wood or Al or composite :twisted: allowed


Kamikaze design team in full ahead mode
Team Kamikaze love the pink kart on flyer!!!!!!!

16" external diameter, else we might get a 16" drag wheel with a tyre diameter bout 26" - kinda crazy but then that is what we are dealing with in some instances, right?

an metal frame covered in wood or Al or composite - and where will this end up?
Just stick 4 wheels on a 3 x 6 sheet of ply and let Red dawg squeeze up on this, head first eh, less wind resistance.
And someone suggest deploying and using an umbrella as brakes. Lord help us!

User avatar
nigie
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2180
Joined: October 9th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby nigie » August 19th, 2012, 7:43 am

ok 6 ft footprint max...so i can have a 2ft...rear wing :D

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 19th, 2012, 2:06 pm

nigie wrote:ok 6 ft footprint max...so i can have a 2ft...rear wing :D

Why not 3ft rear wing and then a F1 style 2 ft front spoiler.

New Rule: Everybody turn off their motor racing knowledge, Box Kart means a BOX KART! :mrgreen:

Just kidding - 3 foot width by six foot length is to stay within the length of the 4 x 8 ramp, and if we raise this above 45degrees to give more roll-out speed , yuh just might get hang up on the way off the ramp.
But go ahead, have fun and let the imagination run wild.

Kamikaze
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 410
Joined: April 29th, 2003, 1:29 pm
Location: Everywhere!!!
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Kamikaze » August 19th, 2012, 5:41 pm

build has begun!!! will be taking pics but willpost after as team loco already sending spys!!!

Kamikaze
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 410
Joined: April 29th, 2003, 1:29 pm
Location: Everywhere!!!
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Kamikaze » August 19th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Image



try this nah Shaun!!

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 19th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Kamikaze wrote:Image



try this nah Shaun!!

^That design, while basic, will be going round in circles like a dodgem car!

Am.... just to remind everybody, is supposed to be a straight line from start to finish, yuh know, like a drag race...right!

Oh one more thing, we are hoping to have an ATV or two to pull the Karts back to the top, so please put a lil thing so we can attach a hook, really do not wish to request a snorkel truck just yet.

User avatar
nigie
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2180
Joined: October 9th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby nigie » August 19th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Kamikaze wrote:build has begun!!! will be taking pics but willpost after as team loco already sending spys!!!


???build has begun... :lol: ....was testing b car today...awaiting a firm up on rules/specs....patented rear chassis... :lol:

Image

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 19th, 2012, 10:09 pm

nigie wrote:
Kamikaze wrote:build has begun!!! will be taking pics but willpost after as team loco already sending spys!!!


???build has begun... :lol: ....was testing b car today...awaiting a firm up on rules/specs....patented rear chassis... :lol:

Image

Nice set of Brembos there on that Carbon Fibre Chassis. Wait who is the driver?
Going an adjust the rules to deal with drivers with plenty Caribbean experience.

User avatar
Red Dawg
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 605
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 5:26 pm
Location: On the inside at Zorce
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Red Dawg » August 20th, 2012, 11:51 am

Wait

Red Dawg Racing is coming

Kamikaze
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 410
Joined: April 29th, 2003, 1:29 pm
Location: Everywhere!!!
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Kamikaze » August 20th, 2012, 1:44 pm

liking the look lol happy metal frame allowed increases the safety an then put my ply box cart ontop :)

User avatar
MissParker
Riding on 13's
Posts: 12
Joined: August 20th, 2012, 8:33 pm
Location: Blue Cove, DE
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby MissParker » August 20th, 2012, 11:18 pm

AutoSport wrote:
Kamikaze wrote:Image



try this nah Shaun!!

^That design, while basic, will be going round in circles like a dodgem car!

Am.... just to remind everybody, is supposed to be a straight line from start to finish, yuh know, like a drag race...right!

Oh one more thing, we are hoping to have an ATV or two to pull the Karts back to the top, so please put a lil thing so we can attach a hook, really do not wish to request a snorkel truck just yet.

True, a straight line would be the best way to move (and to win!), but if some people want to go in circles, and be the entertainment....I say humour them! Unless of course you are concerned about safety...that's my thing really: safety. Has the safety team done a risk assessment yet...? :) Only half-kidding here....

Kamikaze
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 410
Joined: April 29th, 2003, 1:29 pm
Location: Everywhere!!!
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Kamikaze » August 21st, 2012, 7:07 am

ppl that design is just to throw team loco off lol ( or is it!!!!)

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 21st, 2012, 10:01 am

Kamikaze wrote:ppl that design is just to throw team loco off lol ( or is it!!!!)

Sir, with a name like "Team Loco:" you are still wondering if team loco is off?

And another name like "Kamikaze" and people coming here to ask about "risk assessment"?
Why you think we agreed on the location which is just on the other side of the Arima Health Facility?

User avatar
MissParker
Riding on 13's
Posts: 12
Joined: August 20th, 2012, 8:33 pm
Location: Blue Cove, DE
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby MissParker » August 21st, 2012, 10:58 am

The "people" speak again. Staging next to the Arima Health Facility is a good plan...do they know you're counting on them for actual health care support? It may help them to be made aware of that officially. It's what OSHA would say...but you probably already have that covered, and I'm being redundant....I do apologise.

Kamikaze
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 410
Joined: April 29th, 2003, 1:29 pm
Location: Everywhere!!!
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Kamikaze » August 21st, 2012, 11:30 am


User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 21st, 2012, 1:50 pm

Kamikaze wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORADSpeGpwQ&feature=related

Just love this!

Tempted to have a 3-wheel class on condition that all 3-wheelers are built to these specs.

Note at 2.00 the right knee done have the road rash cutout!

User avatar
wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12861
Joined: May 18th, 2004, 9:38 am
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby wagonrunner » August 21st, 2012, 2:15 pm

you get the impression someone here had to be told it's ok to be happy before they actually could? Sheesh.
AutoSport wrote:
Just love this!

Tempted to have a 3-wheel class on condition that all 3-wheelers are built to these specs.

Note at 2.00 the right knee done have the road rash cutout!
That's a damn innovative steering, and a lot of faith in those two planks. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 21st, 2012, 2:28 pm

wagonrunner wrote:you get the impression someone here had to be told it's ok to be happy before they actually could? Sheesh.
AutoSport wrote:
Just love this!

Tempted to have a 3-wheel class on condition that all 3-wheelers are built to these specs.

Note at 2.00 the right knee done have the road rash cutout!
That's a damn innovative steering, and a lot of faith in those two planks. :lol: :lol:


And the joke about this.... it can be an easy winner beating out all of the dyno and wind-tunnel kings.

User avatar
AutoSport
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1508
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 4:07 pm

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby AutoSport » August 21st, 2012, 6:56 pm

Note that Registration will be done at a Briefing meeting on Wed. 29th at the Arima Town Hall at 7:00pm
That general note on the flyer is for those in and around Arima.

And yes you can register two or three other Karts and bring yuh......other friends. :lol:

User avatar
Red Dawg
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 605
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 5:26 pm
Location: On the inside at Zorce
Contact:

Re: Arima Fest Box Kart Derby – Drag Racing. Carded for 2nd

Postby Red Dawg » August 22nd, 2012, 5:37 am

Image
Image

Let the comments begin

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest