Forums

AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby AutoSport » April 15th, 2013, 11:25 pm

Just to clear up some concerns.

The times posted in the results are the times recorded for the final run.
Note 2nd place maybe faster than 1st place. This can happen when the 1st place reaction time is much better than 2nd place reaction time.
Figure this out, you get the green, . . . then you start to move. The difference is Reaction Time.
Only when you start to move is your ET starting to get rolling.

We note the concerns about cutting back on the best 2 in 3 in the finals and have been looking at regaining that time.
We cannot start before 10:00am – ARC condition.
But if we have the system ready, we may look at allowing the first segment of practice runs to start at 10, once the car passes scrutineering, then later on have the drivers meeting.

Breakout times were 56, 55, 54 and 53 seconds respectively.
We are going to look at all the times from Events 1, 2 and 3 and determine the best breakout time to be used.

We also did lose time when he had to shut down and restart the system, each time we checked the different connections from the control to the scoreboards – turned out the problem was not the cable, but controller box attached to the computer... ( at least we have that sorted out before St. Lucia!)

With the growth we have seen, comes additional logistical problems. Simple more garbage... this is promptly bagged and moved out, and what we find on Monday, the bags are ripped open and looks very untidy outside the main gate.

For those who wish to just rent a ten, like the Subaru guys, we would love to have everyone in attendance and on display, but that is just not possible at this time, until we can fully access the South side and hopefully move the containers to the South.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » April 15th, 2013, 11:48 pm

I noticed there is a 2000cc MX3 competing in 2B, didn't those cars come with a 1.8L V6?

Justa sking cause I'd love to see the swap :)

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 12:25 am

slightly bored i think.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 16th, 2013, 2:06 am

wagonrunner wrote:slightly bored i think.
no, the car was exciting to watch

I keed, I keed

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 16th, 2013, 2:31 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
no, the car was exciting to watch

I keed, I keed

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » April 16th, 2013, 2:56 am

takes a walk outside, looks, yes those where the days...

rainrahana
Riding on 13's

Postby rainrahana » April 16th, 2013, 10:17 am

anybody know anything about the new model nissan march? is it a good working car?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 16th, 2013, 10:44 am

cinco wrote:
moti wrote:
cinco wrote:Spectacular event! Spent almost 5hrs in there and was more than worth 30 bux

yo! :?

MG Man wrote:hai five ^_^

yuh big next time i want to see that silver telstar run

WEY YUH WAS????
i was in devi booth talkin to aamir n adrian after mgman molestered me

Yuh know, I really doh recall you protesting eh

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » April 16th, 2013, 12:26 pm

MG Man wrote:
cinco wrote:
moti wrote:
cinco wrote:Spectacular event! Spent almost 5hrs in there and was more than worth 30 bux

yo! :?

MG Man wrote:hai five ^_^

yuh big next time i want to see that silver telstar run

WEY YUH WAS????
i was in devi booth talkin to aamir n adrian after mgman molestered me

Yuh know, I really doh recall you protesting eh

:oops: :oops: :oops:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 12:38 pm

kes_vtec wrote:

takes a walk outside, looks, yes those where the days...

:rofl: :rofl:
d13b to 2.5l?? he really too fleckin scarce yunno. when we storming by him again?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » April 16th, 2013, 7:07 pm

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » April 16th, 2013, 7:43 pm

[quote="AutoSport"]Just to clear up some concerns.

Note 2nd place maybe faster than 1st place. This can happen when the 1st place reaction time is much better than 2nd place reaction time.
Figure this out, you get the green, . . . then you start to move. The difference is Reaction Time

ok ok so please explain this little statement a little more clear for us competitors, what u saying here is if two cars are lined up, lets just call dem car A and car B, car A takes off with car B a little slower reaction time but somehow catches up to car A along the way, car B comes into d finish box first with a time of 57.2 secs and car a comes in with a time of 57.4 secs but had a faster reaction time dan car B, that makes car A d automatic winner??? when was this ever mentioned kind sir? at which briefing meeting?
i appreciate all that autosport is doing for us and always say it publicly, but fair has to be fair for all competitors across d board sir, some may not know how or what methods are used, kindly address this situation and maybe print a rulebook for all competitors to follow throughout d rest of d year so that these last minute changes can stop, thank you
Last edited by nismo_demon on April 16th, 2013, 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 8:00 pm

I'll try to deal with just the math and ignore the scholarly comments.
Car A leave at 0.6 and run a 57.3. Total time: 57.9
Car B leave at 1.2 and run a 57.0. Total time: 58.2

Obviously Car B did a faster time, but can you understand Car B still crossed the finish line last doing so?

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » April 16th, 2013, 8:14 pm

wagonrunner wrote:I'll try to deal with just the math and ignore the scholarly comments.

Obviously Car B did a faster time, but can you understand Car B still crossed the finish line last doing so?

you are clearly missing the main part of the question that was asked, when was it made a rule for us "the competitors" to follow? when was ever announced that this is the system being used to determine a winner? so what u sayin is if we run a 54.9 in gt2b but we have a reaction time of .3 then technically the total time is 55.2 so its not a breakout because if thats how your system is sir then clearly the mazda miata didnt breakout his time on sunday and should be given the win? so with all due respect kindly allow autosport to make these rules clear to us, thank you

dubcity
Street 2NR

Postby dubcity » April 16th, 2013, 8:22 pm

wagonrunner wrote:I'll try to deal with just the math and ignore the scholarly comments.

By ignoring the so called "scholarly" comments you clearly missed a major point!!
The competitor clearly states that this rule was never mentioned at any meeting and just appeared.Also states that a standard rule book be implemented.

By the way your're a great Mathematician.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » April 16th, 2013, 8:26 pm

nismo_demon wrote:
AutoSport wrote:Just to clear up some concerns.

Figure this out, you get the green, . . . then you start to move. The difference is Reaction Time

ok ok so please explain this little statement a little more clear for us competitors, what u saying here is if two cars are lined up, lets just call dem car A and car B, car A takes off with car B a little slower reaction time but somehow catches up to car A along the way, car B comes into d finish box first with a time of 57.2 secs and car a comes in with a time of 57.4 secs but had a faster reaction time dan car B, that makes car A d automatic winner??? when was this rule ever mentioned kind sir? at which briefing meeting?
with all due respect i find rules are being created all of a sudden to ensure some competitors their first place, one guy kept breaking out in a b class category instead of being bumped, the breakout time was lowered by one second, now d competitor came in last in the finals but won because of a faster reaction time
i appreciate all that autosport is doing for us and always say it publicly, but fair has to be fair for all competitors across d board sir, kindly address this situation and maybe print a rulebook for all competitors to follow throughout d rest of d year so that these "pop up" rules can stop, thank you

Let me deal with this first then I will come back to the other comments:
“Now d competitor came in last in the finals but won because of a faster reaction time.”

Please Sir, can you produce the facts here, on this forum, as you have boldly stated all of your statements above, to justify this statement?

I find this a bit insulting to all of AutoSport to suggest this.
You post up all of your times here, to support your statement, and I will post every single time that was run on Sunday.

Remember, every competitor, they ALL receive individual time slips. So there is no way we shall try to fool anyone.

I am very disappointed in you Sir.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 8:27 pm

Can you post that slip because .............. math again...........using your times from the previous post.

CAR B 57.2
Car A 57.4
now you saying CAR B finished first. at 0.2 seconds I hope you're certain about that.
If car A left at 0.600, and CAR B left at anything more than 0.199 seconds behind A, who would finish first?

The run time starts from the time you leave the start beam to finish.
but the total time elapsed is actually from the time the tree hits green to your finish. All i'm saying is it's possible to have a faster run time, while actually taking longer.

IT's not a rule. It's physics I guess.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » April 16th, 2013, 8:34 pm

dubcity wrote:By ignoring the so called "scholarly" comments you clearly missed a major point!!
The competitor clearly states that this rule was never mentioned at any meeting and just appeared.Also states that a standard rule book be implemented.
I was under the assumption that everyone taking part was familiar with the timing system. We should probably take a few extra minutes to explain the basics to those who may not know.

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » April 16th, 2013, 8:46 pm

i just used examples of times kind "sirs" since clearly there are more than one Mr autosport here, and yes we have the time chits, and yes they can be showed to you whenever you request it, i understand if you are disappointed in me for bringing forward a very serious issue within a competition series and i humbly apologize,
maybe this wasnt the manner in which it should be brought to your attention, but i still suggest we get a clear idea in the form of a rulebook so all competitors can follow, rules are rules and should be implemented fair across to everyone, every competitor comes out to support this sport month after month, all we are asking for is a fair competition to all,and if that is disappointing then i am really sorry

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 8:50 pm

The only disappointment was the manner.

I'm trying to explain something to you. But I'll stop because you seem willing to accept only from another source.

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » April 16th, 2013, 9:01 pm

wagonrunner wrote:The only disappointment was the manner.

I'm trying to explain something to you. But I'll stop because you seem willing to accept only from another source.

i have no problem with you sir, my point was that this issue took place on sunday with a rule that suddenly fell into place after the event that determind a winner, now in no way whatsoever am i being rude to you or autosport, i appreciate all that autosport has done for us, all i am saying is that this rule in particular was never put forward to us, thank you and i am sorry if i offended u earlier

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » April 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

nismo_demon....
Look at what YOU have accused us of doing, this is a blold accusation:
“with all due respect i find rules are being created all of a sudden to ensure some competitors their first place, “

And then you totally contradict yourself by saying this..
“i appreciate all that autosport is doing for us and always say it publicly,”

So will you please support your allegations by producing the facts?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 9:09 pm

nice. so no hard feelings. we could hopefully discuss the point you're raising in your previous post.
ok ok so please explain this little statement a little more clear for us competitors, what u saying here is if two cars are lined up, lets just call dem car A and car B, car A takes off with car B a little slower reaction time but somehow catches up to car A along the way, car B comes into d finish box first with a time of 57.2 secs and car a comes in with a time of 57.4 secs but had a faster reaction time dan car B, that makes car A d automatic winner??? when was this rule ever mentioned kind sir? at which briefing meeting?

do you follow my previous posts as explanations?

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » April 16th, 2013, 9:10 pm

one question and this is absolutely the last time i'm asking it, was this rule with reaction time being added to our run times to determine winner and loser ever stated to competitors? that is the only question i asked and upto now never got an answer to that question

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 9:14 pm

A faster ET does not guarantee you finished 1st.
You're still not seeing you can have a faster ET, and finish last?

Autosport, anyone else, wanna try?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » April 16th, 2013, 9:21 pm

nismo_demon wrote:one question and this is absolutely the last time i'm asking it, was this rule with reaction time being added to our run times to determine winner and loser ever stated to competitors? that is the only question i asked and upto now never got an answer to that question

Ok, so let me turn around to ask a few questions..

Two drivers red light - what happens - and tell me where you saw the rule?

One red light and the next one cut the course - what happens - and tell me where you saw the rule?

Because we now see the best drivers are getting times that are extremely close to each other, these observations are now coming out – this may be new to some in this environment, but existing a long time ago. Before alleging that rules are being created to satisfy one against the other, ask first, try to understand the principle, and discuss.

I find it utterly disgusting to suggest that AuotSport is trying to favour one driver against the other.

But remember, please bring your facts that you have, and I promise to publish every single run that was made on Sunday.

But point to note.. with the lowering of the breakout time, who or what was revealed?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » April 16th, 2013, 9:21 pm

nismo_demon wrote:one question and this is absolutely the last time i'm asking it, was this rule with reaction time being added to our run times to determine winner and loser ever stated to competitors? that is the only question i asked and upto now never got an answer to that question

Computerman wrote:
dubcity wrote:By ignoring the so called "scholarly" comments you clearly missed a major point!!
I was under the assumption that everyone taking part was familiar with the timing system. We should probably take a few extra minutes to explain the basics to those who may not know.
The timing system being used is the international standard. Your reaction to the lights is added to your running (stage) time to give a total course time. There are two times involved here!
This happened to me last year, both of us ran the same stage time, but my reaction time to the lights was faster.

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » April 16th, 2013, 9:23 pm

wagonrunner wrote:A faster ET does not guarantee you finished 1st.
You're still not seeing you can have a faster ET, and finish last?

Autosport, anyone else, wanna try?

yes sir as u have explained i have understood that part fully, and i absolutely have no problem with it being a rule, just as i have no problem with all the other rules that we follow to make this sport a successful one, i understand all that u explained, like i said before, it was never stated to us in d past, if this is a rule then i have no problem whatsoever with it, it just has to be followed at all times and it must be made clear to all competitors, am i being unfair or unreasonable?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » April 16th, 2013, 9:27 pm

nismo_demon wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:if this is a rule then i have no problem whatsoever with it, it just has to be followed at all times and it must be made clear to all competitors, am i being unfair or unreasonable?
Can you elaborate as to when this rule was infringed upon?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 16th, 2013, 9:30 pm

you're not unfair or unreasonable.
I am saying it's a law of life.
Who finishes first, wins (except in case of red-light / breakout). right. And it is possible for a faster ET to finish last.

So my next question, can you give an example when it wasn't followed? based on "all the time".

forgot the breakout part. sorry about that.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”