TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: July 26th, 2004, 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby southside crew » April 17th, 2013, 11:28 pm

Is it only the B classes that have issues? or A classes as well?

Advertisement
afternex2
Street 2NR
Posts: 66
Joined: August 22nd, 2008, 6:14 pm

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby afternex2 » April 17th, 2013, 11:33 pm

ok so no beat down tuners an well wishers. if this the system used for so long,lets do ah survey on the list of competitors an find out how many know about-

the drag racing timing system - ET/RT - when u count the ET for qualifying an when ET/RT is used for final round.

why they should know their blood group

fire extinguisher - type an where to mount

bcuz these are things competitors should know according to everyone.

afternex2
Street 2NR
Posts: 66
Joined: August 22nd, 2008, 6:14 pm

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby afternex2 » April 17th, 2013, 11:41 pm

A class dont hav any issues.u cant sandbag in ah a class plus u dont hav breakout times.

last year had breakout times set.

dis year 1st event didnt hav any breakout time up until all runs were made. breakout times were determined based on spot.

2nd event breakout times changed, dont kno why.

3rd event past, autosport is gona review an let competitors know if their are changes.

thank you.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 248
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 9:14 pm
Location: Central

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby MICROTECH 7 » April 18th, 2013, 8:37 am

dubcity wrote:From reading this tread there is an issue that no one seems to be commenting on,"SANDBAGGING".
Clearly it shows that the competitor nismo_demon is frustrated by other competitor(s) doing this,lashed out at AutoSport and he didn't take the time to understand the way the timing system works.Who wouldn't be after a full year of racing seeing this happening event after event waiting for things to be tweaked or competitor(s) to be bumped in class.New year and the same issue in the same class!Several competitors have moved up in class with vehicles that are classed for lower just so they won't encounter this.Sounds fair?Here is one eg.
vtmiller11 wrote:I absolutely ppreciate a competitor's right to seek clarification on competition issues and would like some clarification myself. It's no secret that quite a few competitors in 2B have complained about 'sandbaggers' (me too, at one point, but I've since moved on). What I find absolutely hilarious now though, is the fact that the breakout time was moved from 56 to 55 seconds and competitors still breaking out :D . Mr. Autosport please change the breakout time to 54 next event just to see if our 'B' drivers could continue to breakout and run 53s like the 'A' drivers.


I hope all this can be settled and a standard be set for the future,good luck AutoSport.



Now finally we hit the nail on the head. The issue of Sandbagging and the on going contention in the B classes especially 1B & 2B. Many solutions were offered by the authority's staging the event but to date the drivers will not budge or attempt to help themselves out of this recurring decimal of a problem that exist. I have heard drivers openly admit to sandbagging and then turn around and accuse another for doing the same.

Mr. Autosport you created the B classes to have more winning drivers and now you are getting kicked around because a few drivers keep winning and the others vex. This is not just a technical light time issue, personal rivalry is also at play and is brought here.

I say do away with the BBBB classes and break out times = problem solved. Who vex lose.

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9253
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby pete » April 18th, 2013, 9:30 am

To produce the same time run after run to me sounds very difficult. In drag racing it's one thing as once you can repeat your launch then all you need to do is stick to the shift points and you should be good to go. But in this type of racing where your line may be slightly different on one run to the next, you might miss your braking point etc etc all would affect times.

So if people are able to cope with all that and still be within 0.2 seconds of breaking out I find that sounds extremely difficult.

Now going back to what I was saying before that the cars should be faster than the brackets, is that the case or is the bracket faster than most of the cars?

Also, look at the results from this event for 2B. Breakout time is 55 seconds and only 4 competitors out of 10 were able to go under 56 seconds(And only 2 went below in practice). In drags that would be like 6 persons with 17 second cars running in the 16 second bracket.

Maybe the bracket side of the racing could not have the constraints of the open 'A' classes and have them separated by maybe 1.5 or 2 seconds instead of 1 and anyone who wants to enter any bracket could do so. In drags didn't we have evos going up against civics in 14 seconds? I don't see why there's any problem on the bracket side if this is the case once you can make the bracket time.

And for example. Your car is capable of 54 seconds, the majority of people who are in your class are averaging 56.5-57.5 seconds and the bracket is set at 57 seconds. The next bracket up is 55. Wouldn't it be easier to "sandbag" by one second and be in the 55 bracket than the 57 second bracket with similarly classed cars?

User avatar
crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10802
Joined: April 21st, 2003, 9:41 am

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby crazybalhead » April 18th, 2013, 9:41 am

This thread gives me a headache.

JJustCool
Street 2NR
Posts: 40
Joined: November 26th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby JJustCool » April 18th, 2013, 12:40 pm

I would to like to weigh in on the topic of the class break out.

In order to do this I will use the Class 4 A and B cars as an example.

1. Last year under the Old track Design Class 4B cars break out time was set at 54s

2. It is also important to note that under last year rules there were no restriction on TIRES

3. Therefore cars with Racing Slicks Tyres were competing with cars on Street tires. In order further elaborate Racing Slicks are leagues ahead of any street tyre when it comes to performance on the track.

4. So even with all the above allowed there were 4B car still only 54s bracketed or purporting themselves to be.

5. Last year many complaints were made to Autosports to deal with the issue of "SANDBAGGING", since various 4B class competitors, were breaking their class bracket with impunity and were literary going to out there to drive as slowly as possible to stay within their bracket.

6. Autosports acknowledged this anomaly, and decided to rectify this by instituting the 2 Strikes and you are out system. This was much applauded by the competitors.

7. Now for the new year of competition, two major changes happen, (a) Racing Licks were no longer allowed in B classes and (b) The course design was changed. This also well received and applauded by the competitors, as Autosport continued in their endeavors to promote FAIR racing.

8. Therefore because this a new track, new B class break out times will need to be established and just from observation, it seemed obvious that this new track design will yield slower times. Autosports stated that after the first two events, a new B class time will be determined.

9. Now after their analysis, I was extremely surprised to find out that the new time for the 4B class went from 54s DOWN to 53s.

10. But yet even though 4B cars from last year couldn't run faster than 54s with RACING SLICK, are now Miraculously able to 53s without it!!! as proven by Alistair EVO on Sunday which ran 53.xxx. Come on Autosport!

11. While the 4A Cars are still more than 2sec slower than their last year times, and they are equipped with Racing Slicks, All the horsepower money can cram underneath their bonnets and all the equipment necessary to go as fast as they can without any limit. But still they are only 52s and Hi 51s.

12. So then, would not be obvious that the track is actually 2 to 3 secs slower than from last year?

13. Should it be not also obvious in order to maintain the same standard set for your B class from last year, that the adjustment to be made to your B class should also reflect this?

14. So what has actually transpired from my observation is that Autosport, though they made changes to deal with "SANDBAGGING" and promote fair racing, has in actually played themselves right back into the hands of the "SANDBAGGERS" by being unable to notice this. Therefore they are wreaking havoc in the B class.

15. Furthermore I would like to recommend, that any B class car that is running times less than 2sec slower than last years break out times can be easily Red Flagged as a "SANDBAGGER" and should be bumped up to the A immediately.

16. Secondly base on the Statistics for this new layout, I would like recommend also that all of last years break out times be adjust by adding 2 to 3sec. I would lean to quicker of the two by adding 2 sec.

17. Autosport, I know decisions like this are difficult since there are a certain set of persons who are just concerned with WINNING!! even if it is at the cost of being FAIR, but as a fast growing racing body your reputation for being firm but fair is at stake since all the evidence point towards a certain direction.


My 2c

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 111
Joined: November 24th, 2008, 11:05 pm
Location: infront ah honda

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby nismo_demon » April 18th, 2013, 3:21 pm

..........
Last edited by nismo_demon on April 18th, 2013, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RASC
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8346
Joined: February 6th, 2004, 11:00 am

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby RASC » April 18th, 2013, 5:23 pm

^^^whoa, whoa...full stops, and paragraphs buddy. Please edit!

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9253
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby pete » April 18th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Nismo what was your best time at drag and wind 3?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using TriniTuner mobile app

User avatar
Computerman
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1868
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:32 pm
Location: Behind the Camera

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby Computerman » April 18th, 2013, 7:08 pm

JJustCool wrote:14. So what has actually transpired from my observation is that Autosport, though they made changes to deal with "SANDBAGGING" and promote fair racing, has in actually played themselves right back into the hands of the "SANDBAGGERS" by being unable to notice this. Therefore they are wreaking havoc in the B class.

15. Furthermore I would like to recommend, that any B class car that is running times less than 2sec slower than last years break out times can be easily Red Flagged as a "SANDBAGGER" and should be bumped up to the A immediately.

Sandbaggers face much criticism, as many argue that it is essentially cheating. I disagree! Sandbagging is simply a technique (like "heel and toe" and "left foot braking" etc.). The function of sandbagging is to guarantee a win by outperforming a slower opponent. Sandbaggers run the risk of breaking out, thus being disqualified. Sandbagging (in one form or another) exists not only in motorsport but in many different types of games and sports. It is obviously not a technique usually employed by beginners, as sandbaggers must be experienced in controlling this technique.

So long as bracket racing exists the technique of sandbagging will also exist. As it should!

Computerman wrote:
pete wrote:Ideally, if you want to win the bracket, the car should be FASTER than the bracket time.
Quite rightly so! It's bracket racing, not "PINKS All Out"!

Sandbaggers Anonymous

ng357
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 232
Joined: August 15th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby ng357 » April 18th, 2013, 7:43 pm

no problem is sandbagging is a technique but there is not that option for everyone, the ones that have to try to make it to the bracket that keeps getting lower and lower. or the bracket that remained the same from last year which should have been changed because this new course is definitely a slower course by about 2 seconds as some1 rightly said earlier.

If you guys ok with sandbagging well then the competition should be classed by times not engine so that everyone can have the option to do it. then we will really test skill evenly.

JJustCool
Street 2NR
Posts: 40
Joined: November 26th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby JJustCool » April 18th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Computerman wrote:
JJustCool wrote:14. So what has actually transpired from my observation is that Autosport, though they made changes to deal with "SANDBAGGING" and promote fair racing, has in actually played themselves right back into the hands of the "SANDBAGGERS" by being unable to notice this. Therefore they are wreaking havoc in the B class.

15. Furthermore I would like to recommend, that any B class car that is running times less than 2sec slower than last years break out times can be easily Red Flagged as a "SANDBAGGER" and should be bumped up to the A immediately.

Sandbaggers face much criticism, as many argue that it is essentially cheating. I disagree! Sandbagging is simply a technique (like "heel and toe" and "left foot braking" etc.). The function of sandbagging is to guarantee a win by outperforming a slower opponent. Sandbaggers run the risk of breaking out, thus being disqualified. Sandbagging (in one form or another) exists not only in motorsport but in many different types of games and sports. It is obviously not a technique usually employed by beginners, as sandbaggers must be experienced in controlling this technique.

So long as bracket racing exists the technique of sandbagging will also exist. As it should!

Computerman wrote:
pete wrote:Ideally, if you want to win the bracket, the car should be FASTER than the bracket time.
Quite rightly so! It's bracket racing, not "PINKS All Out"!

Sandbaggers Anonymous




I am sorry, but I must disagree with you.

"SANDBAGGING" in this case "IS CHEATING"!!!!

Obviously a Cheater doesn't think that he is Cheating ask Lance Armstrong

Just because something has a technique to it doesn't make it fair!!!
Is it that you want me to believe that thereisN'T an Art to CHEATING?!!!

Ofcourse there is an art to cheating, and as long as competition exist there will always be persons trying to cheat in order to gain unfair advantage against their competitors.

But just because we know cheaters will always be with us doesn't mean we should look the other way. Once we see cheating it must be dealth with.

User avatar
Computerman
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1868
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:32 pm
Location: Behind the Camera

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby Computerman » April 18th, 2013, 9:31 pm

ng357 wrote:If you guys ok with sandbagging well then the competition should be classed by times not engine so that everyone can have the option to do it. then we will really test skill evenly.
Which is why my personal preference was to favor 'bracket by choice'. However, as stated previously, the majority decided otherwise! Which is why sandbagging is a non-issue as far as I am concerned! But yet still there are those who would continue to claim that sandbagging in the B classes is a 'serious concern'!
At any rate, sandbagging was not the concern that was highlighted earlier. It was the perception of the organizers not operating in a 'fair and open' manner with specific regard to the timing system and the change in B class times. These are concerns that should be addressed directly with the organizers and not 'tossed' about on public forums.

User avatar
Computerman
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1868
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:32 pm
Location: Behind the Camera

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby Computerman » April 18th, 2013, 9:37 pm

JJustCool wrote:I am sorry, but I must disagree with you.

"SANDBAGGING" in this case "IS CHEATING"!!!!

Obviously a Cheater doesn't think that he is Cheating ask Lance Armstrong
We can agree to disagree with regards to sandbagging. I respect your opinion. However, you are comparing 'apples and oranges'! Did you check the link in my previous post?

JJustCool
Street 2NR
Posts: 40
Joined: November 26th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby JJustCool » April 18th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Computerman wrote:
ng357 wrote:If you guys ok with sandbagging well then the competition should be classed by times not engine so that everyone can have the option to do it. then we will really test skill evenly.
Which is why my personal preference was to favor 'bracket by choice'. However, as stated previously, the majority decided otherwise! Which is why sandbagging is a non-issue as far as I am concerned! But yet still there are those who would continue to claim that sandbagging in the B classes is a 'serious concern'!
At any rate, sandbagging was not the concern that was highlighted earlier. It was the perception of the organizers not operating in a 'fair and open' manner with specific regard to the timing system and the change in B class times. These are concerns that should be addressed directly with the organizers and not 'tossed' about on public forums.


X2

Agreed! The issue isn't Sandbagging, it is the fair adjustment of last years break out times

JJustCool
Street 2NR
Posts: 40
Joined: November 26th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby JJustCool » April 18th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Computerman wrote:
JJustCool wrote:I am sorry, but I must disagree with you.

"SANDBAGGING" in this case "IS CHEATING"!!!!

Obviously a Cheater doesn't think that he is Cheating ask Lance Armstrong
We can agree to disagree with regards to sandbagging. I respect your opinion. However, you are comparing 'apples and oranges'! Did you check the link in my previous post?


Nuff respect to you also.

There is no offense on my end. I am just expressing my opinion but i do see your point also.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: July 26th, 2004, 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby southside crew » April 18th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Let's have 8 GT Classes instead of the A & B classes... GT1-8

ng357
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 232
Joined: August 15th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby ng357 » April 19th, 2013, 3:16 am

i am of the same opinion with the 8 GT classes, simply because it will give everyone a fair chance at being competitive. for those who dont like it, they also have a fair chance. The only reason i guess they just dont is due to the rain and being against 4 wheel drive cars but im sure something can be thought out to rectify this. because the number of competitors are soooo high, if raining u can actually allow 2 wheel drive cars to go into a lower bracket if they choose, and that rectifies the problem. imho, im sure their will be many other suggestions

User avatar
moti
punchin NOS
Posts: 4792
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 11:51 am
Location: looking for Perry!
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby moti » April 19th, 2013, 8:02 am

Class 1A-B, 2A-B, 3A-B, 4A-B

Class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

or

Class A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H


it does not matter what you name the classes, it will still be 8 classes unless ASP adds more
what matters is how cars are classed

User avatar
crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10802
Joined: April 21st, 2003, 9:41 am

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby crazybalhead » April 19th, 2013, 8:05 am

Ohgooooooooaaarrrr! Allyuh just geeedem and relax nah!

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: July 26th, 2004, 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby southside crew » April 19th, 2013, 8:36 am

The problem is, the B class drivers who can't win is kicking n fussing & complaining about * Sandbagging* .

So lets forget about the break outs and collectively come up with a solution that can work for those guys , ( I don't think that the Class A drivers have any issue)

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 248
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 9:14 pm
Location: Central

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby MICROTECH 7 » April 19th, 2013, 10:17 am

JJustCool wrote:
Computerman wrote:
JJustCool wrote:I am sorry, but I must disagree with you.

"SANDBAGGING" in this case "IS CHEATING"!!!!

Obviously a Cheater doesn't think that he is Cheating ask Lance Armstrong
We can agree to disagree with regards to sandbagging. I respect your opinion. However, you are comparing 'apples and oranges'! Did you check the link in my previous post?


Nuff respect to you also.

There is no offense on my end. I am just expressing my opinion but i do see your point also.




So JJustCool, congrats on a well written comment.

But there is another way to look at 2B cars, especially especially referring to your #14 article.
14. So what has actually transpired from my observation is that Autosport, though they made changes played themselves right back into the hands of the 'SAND-BAGGERS," by being unable to notice this, therefore there are some wreaking havoc in the B class.

This shows that Autosport has succeeded in exposing the sandbagging that has been quite obvious for even the blind to see, especially in the 2B class. When this was done early in 2012 with no break out times declared, did they not also show up those who were quite capable of going faster - please note that I am not saying sandbagging !

I totally agree with southside crew, create 8 classes so no more break out times and may the best man win.

User avatar
Razkal
2NRholic
Posts: 4838
Joined: May 30th, 2004, 2:33 am
Location: Gone Fishing...
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby Razkal » April 19th, 2013, 11:07 am

crazybalhead wrote:Ohgooooooooaaarrrr! Allyuh just geeedem and relax nah!


errbody want ah trofee nah :|

User avatar
Computerman
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1868
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:32 pm
Location: Behind the Camera

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby Computerman » April 19th, 2013, 12:13 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:I totally agree with southside crew, create 8 classes so no more break out times and may the best man win.
So you are suggesting 8 'open' classes with no breakout (i.e. no bracket classes). How would we then clasify the cars to be in each bracket? For example, I might have two 1.6 NA Mazda vehicles, that externally look almost exactly alike. Are they in the same class? :?: Oh, btw, one is 200bhp and the other is 98bhp. :!:

User avatar
moti
punchin NOS
Posts: 4792
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 11:51 am
Location: looking for Perry!
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby moti » April 19th, 2013, 12:15 pm

moti wrote:what matters is how cars are classed

User avatar
Computerman
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1868
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 6:32 pm
Location: Behind the Camera

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby Computerman » April 19th, 2013, 12:18 pm

moti wrote:
moti wrote:what matters is how cars are classed

Agreed. Do you think that this is the underlying issue then?

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 248
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 9:14 pm
Location: Central

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby MICROTECH 7 » April 19th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Computerman wrote:
moti wrote:
moti wrote:what matters is how cars are classed

Agreed. Do you think that this is the underlying issue then?



Another nail hit on the head.

So we come back to the classification of cars, I hope most of us would agree that this underlying issue is the genesis of the problem because it keeps coming up. AWD turbo vs 2WD non was Drag & Wind's first argument, 2nd was B class break out times. Now with the history of the this recurring situation that has spawned the domino effect from the bases of break out times (set) to sandbagging.

It in evidently clear that the current system in not working in the best interest of fair play to all competitors involved. I really don't see this going away any time soon.

A suggestion to Autosport. Drag & wind is not an international event and so you are not bounded to any pre-set guideline to rules, the drivers know that they have a problem but of course if you are winning you don't.

Please stop being so democratic with competitors about the logistics the make this event unique and make decisions in the direction of level playing field racing, remember D&W was is the only event that incorporates multiple disciplines, call this part of the tweaking process.

Now, with this change being suggested, I welcome the resistance from those that feel they will be affected.

User avatar
speedaholic
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 2100
Joined: June 27th, 2008, 12:30 am
Location: Kelly Village
Contact:

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby speedaholic » April 19th, 2013, 2:41 pm


canada
Street 2NR
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby canada » April 19th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Another nail hit on the head.

So we come back to the classification of cars, I hope most of us would agree that this underlying issue is the genesis of the problem because it keeps coming up. AWD turbo vs 2WD non was Drag & Wind's first argument, 2nd was B class break out times. Now with the history of the this recurring situation that has spawned the domino effect from the bases of break out times (set) to sandbagging.

FROM WHAT WE UNDERSTAND CLASSIFICATION OF CARS ARE GOOD - YOU CANNOT PLEASE ALL - STICK WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

BREAK OUT TIMES IS ONE ISSUE - COMPETITORS JUST WANT A FIX TIME AND STICK WITH IT - NOT CHANGING BACK AND FORTH.

It in evidently clear that the current system in not working in the best interest of fair play to all competitors involved. I really don't see this going away any time soon.

THE SYSTEM WILL WORK IF COMPETITORS ARE AWARE OF ALL THE RULES IN WRITING SO THEY CAN REFER TO IT FOR THEIR OWN CLARIFICATION.

A suggestion to Autosport. Drag & wind is not an international event and so you are not bounded to any pre-set guideline to rules, the drivers know that they have a problem but of course if you are winning you don't.

AGREED IT IS NOT AN INTERNATIONAL EVENT, THEREFORE DO NOT SAY SCORING IS CARRIED OUT BY INTERNATIONAL DRAG RACING RULES. SOME DRIVERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY WINNING DOES HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE RULES.

YES YOU DO NEED PRE-SET GUIDELINES. ON THE RACE COURSE, DON'T YOU NEED TO SEE WHERE YOU RUN? - IT IS LAID OUT FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE A TEACHER, ISN'T THERE PRE-SET GUIDELINES AS TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO TEACH DURING THE SEMESTER?

LIKEWISE, COMPETITORS NEED RULES AND GUIDELINES SET ACCORDINGLY. THESE RULES WILL BE APPLIED TO ALL COMPETITORS AND AT ALL TIMES WITH REGARD TO SCORING, BREAK-OUT TIMES, QUALIFYING RUNS, ETC.

Please stop being so democratic with competitors about the logistics the make this event unique and make decisions in the direction of level playing field racing, remember D&W was is the only event that incorporates multiple disciplines, call this part of the tweaking process.

AUTOSPORT BEING DEMOCRATIC IS WHY COMPETITORS ENTERED. WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE A DICTATORSHIP WITH NO COMPETITORS? YES WE NO AUTOSPORT IS THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN BUT IF IT IS GOING TO BE AROUND LONG TERM, WE HAVE TO APPLY STANDARDS, RULES THAT ENCOMPASSES ALL AND WRITTEN IN STONE.

Now, with this change being suggested, I welcome the resistance from those that feel they will be affected.

GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU WELCOME THE RESISTANCE - THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS FROM SOMEONE WHO IS OBVIOUSLY IN THE KNOW.

It would have been in AutoSport best interest as Rawle usually say "we will dialogue". Here is a man who knows about keeping the lines of communication open as oppose to openly challenging competitors, Mr. Microtech 7 Sir.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest