Forums

HOW TO TURBO A GT-ACCENT

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

J-SPEED
Riding on 13's

HOW TO TURBO A GT-ACCENT

Postby J-SPEED » March 5th, 2007, 9:08 am

Hi guys, need some advice. I don't know If it has ever been done, but i got a 96' model GT accent, 2-dr. It has the 1.5 ECFI engine, automatic.

I want to turbo it, but no turbo kits available. However, I 've got word that the turbo kit from the Scoupe could work, any confirmations here?

W.R.T. oil ports etc, to run cooling line to the turbo, are there existing ports on the block? I know I'll have to run steel braded lines, is a must.
However, how do I deal witht he ECU issue, would is have to be a piggy back system? need the 14:1 in check.

The car real fast though, I guess dais why they never really bothered offering the turbo option back then, but any light on this matter or any useful information will be greatly appreciated.

sixthspeed
Riding on 13's

Postby sixthspeed » March 5th, 2007, 11:49 am

yep the 1.5 turbo engine from the scoupe will fit. actually met a guy recently doing the conversion. you can turbo the original engine but i doubt it will give you the performance you want 14:1 compression is really high, so boost will have to be light as in very light. best bet is to go with the scoupe 1.5T.....nice project by the way.

SCHOLARS
Trinituner Peong

Postby SCHOLARS » March 5th, 2007, 9:56 pm

I had an accent before. y dont u do ah gearbox with copper clutch and heavy pressure plate,cold air intake, free flow exaust, extractors, good plugs and plug wires shave the head and full race the cam shaft,port and polish. turboing the original engine is problems due to compression ratio, so u wouldnt be able to run high boost u might be able to do 5psi until u brake down plus u will have to increase fuel level and pressure for boost. best u buy another engine ah turbo engine that is. but i have parts some extra parts i not using we can talk if u want.

cars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cars » March 5th, 2007, 10:25 pm

accent has 14to one compression? u sure horse?? scoupe engine will do.

J-SPEED
Riding on 13's

Postby J-SPEED » March 7th, 2007, 10:54 am

Thanks for the advice, i was also looking at some cars from Japan and the engine they put in... Dunno if anyone could take a look and identify the engines used in these, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbbJW_3E ... ed&search=

I feel engien change will really be the way to go. I heard a guy put an SR20 in his down here, engine real common though, plus i wanna stay original....

SCHOLARS, if i run raw power like that, how much more gas did your's burn???

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » March 7th, 2007, 3:19 pm

^^Putting a SR20DE in it would be most likly the plan but then you have to upgrade the breaks to P11 in front and Lancer rear disc.

Also you would have to install some gas shocks and coilovers so the car wouldnt dip when launching..

17" would also have to be implemented..

For futher information about the converstion PM me... It would cost some cash but when you are complet it would be worth it..

SCHOLARS
Trinituner Peong

Postby SCHOLARS » March 11th, 2007, 4:58 pm

gas wise it burn more but u will pull nice and all people will think is ah 1.5 accent with ah gearbox. :twisted:

cheese pie
punchin NOS

Postby cheese pie » March 11th, 2007, 6:14 pm

have deep pockets eah pallie , its an expensive thing to do , where in the case of nissan some other models could sawp things in you will have to do alot of fabrication

like if you could get in the bamboo the coupe axels , rotor and caliper thats your break upgrade right there but beause you cant you have to fabricate

back same thing have to fabricate from a P11 primera ,

it would be really expensive and fustrating thing to do

if its your first swap i would advise against it , better try of a SR20 in ah b 14 or so

i would leave this kina swap to an experiece ( and rich) person

SCHOLARS
Trinituner Peong

Postby SCHOLARS » March 12th, 2007, 6:05 pm

boy best u go 4g93t and box in that accent or 4g92 non mivec and box

daniel135
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: HOW TO TURBO A GT-ACCENT

Postby daniel135 » June 24th, 2012, 10:40 am

ebay hv a universal turbo kit for sale between $3500- $4200 reasonable

AccentGt
Riding on 13's

Re: HOW TO TURBO A GT-ACCENT

Postby AccentGt » August 13th, 2012, 2:07 pm

i'm doing the same project rite now but with a Sr20ve its costly, its time consuming, but as jdm guy say it will be worth it...

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”