TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tucson

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 30th, 2008, 6:57 am

Where you got your mat to buy DW and how much? :)

Is there a particular size I should be looking for?

A recommendation for place in South would be good.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 30th, 2008, 7:02 am

I got the normal car mats from Car Plus on Cipero Street in San'do. that was about $200 or so but that was bought some years ago for another car and I never used it.

The cargo mat I got from Laughlin by Toyota in south, they had it for $300 I think. It came in different colours, all the same size. It has guides as to where to cut for your application. The thing was soo big I had enough excess to use for the back of the van. I got the gray which matched the interior.

You might also want to check out an alternative jack, the normal one is a pain to use if you ever try it. Laughlin had the small hydraulic ones on sale as well and were easier to use.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 30th, 2008, 7:07 am

Another thing I did that was usefull was to change the headlight bulbs. The ones that it comes with are Phillips and are really great. I have been loooking for some Osram or Phillips to replace it with but nothing yet.

I ended up getting ones from Car Plus, its from an english company(cant remember the brand off hand). The wattage is the same, so you dont burn out the relays or need to change the fuse. The bulb is clear so you dont need to worry about the lens fading or getting discoloured and its the type that gives you "60%" more light on the road, so this comes in real usefull if you do alot of night driving.

I am looking for the projector housing, if I can get this with some good bulbs, that would be great..

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 30th, 2008, 7:18 am

Thanks DW :)

Ok so I have to take in vehicle for first service this week. They said they open 730am but the earlier I come in the better and to get park on the right side.
So how early is early? 7am good?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 30th, 2008, 7:29 am

Yeah, I get there by 7am. Usually someone will appear around that time to "check in" the vehicle and sort you out.

If its a saturday, someone usually appears by about 7:30am.

Either way, the first service is quick, you should have the van back by 11 if not earlier.

Going before 7am might not help as the offices are still closed and there is only the security there to talk to if you get bored.. :wink:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 30th, 2008, 7:38 am

Thanks again ! :D

I would go for 7am then.
They would call me when they finished?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 30th, 2008, 7:44 am

Yes, they call you when they are finished, however I always ensure and show up an hour or so before they end work for the day so if you need to pay for anything the cashier is still there.

I have seen ppl get there late, cashier closed and they end up having to go to the ATM to get cash to pay for something.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 1st, 2008, 7:26 am

So the vehicle was outta there by 1130am :D

They had to order a part for me and said it would take 6wks to reach. The problem is no fault of mine and is a manufacturers defect.
So the person who picked up the vehicle forgot to ask if I would be paying for this part.
I have the vehicle less than a month, that part should be covered under the warranty?

Oh BTW series may change soon. I saw 9300+ last night.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » August 1st, 2008, 7:47 am

If its a manufacturers defect, then you should not have to pay for anything to effect the repairs there since the vehicle would have come to you like that and that is covered by the warranty.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » August 1st, 2008, 10:32 am

DW wrote:If its a manufacturers defect, then you should not have to pay for anything to effect the repairs there since the vehicle would have come to you like that and that is covered by the warranty.

What DW said, that correct.

Gem_in_i, I did warn you, if it was a headache to get the actually get the Tucson, imagine aftersales m'tce/service. Cuz you really haven't been able to enjoy the Tucson since your got it, have you? At least from what I read here.

Sorry though.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 1st, 2008, 10:52 am

Am enjoying it :D
I try to not let small things affect me to much.
And am done dealing with them by myself anymore, I've been pushed around enough. I have someone handling them and he's not one to play around with. :lol:

And at least now the Salesman is stepping up to better service. :D

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » August 1st, 2008, 10:56 am

^^^Nicely done. :D

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 25th, 2008, 7:41 am

So after the last service a woman in service Dept call me to find out how was my Service experience and if any complaints etc. :?

I was reading on another thread and came to ask same question I asked.

If we do not take our vehicle to be serviced by NnM then tht Voids the warranty?
So I have to take it in 5000, 10000 etc?

Do they rip us off in these servicing? Do they change parts tht don't need changing or say they do stuff and really don't?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » August 25th, 2008, 8:08 am

Gem_in_i wrote:So after the last service a woman in service Dept call me to find out how was my Service experience and if any complaints etc. :?

I was reading on another thread and came to ask same question I asked.

If we do not take our vehicle to be serviced by NnM then tht Voids the warranty?
So I have to take it in 5000, 10000 etc?

Do they rip us off in these servicing? Do they change parts tht don't need changing or say they do stuff and really don't?

As far as I know, you need to service it every 5000km by them just to maintain the warranty within that period.

As for changing parts that dont need changing, so far I have not had that issue. I am just under 50,000 Km and its only oil. filter, air filter that gets changed.

I have heard first hand stories of the "not changing" what was on the bill and other things; but every story has more than one side..so who knows :roll:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 25th, 2008, 8:13 am

Thanks for the reply DW :)

I haven't made 5000 yet but by next month I wud so just finding out. Is all kinda sides of a story I hearing.

Wht oil they use? I know they said Castrol but can't remember if its Castrol Synthetic.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » August 25th, 2008, 8:53 am

When I first started servicing they used some oil starting with H..cant remember the name right now.

Then it changed to Castrol. It was always a full syntec they used.

hottgirl
3NE 2NR for life

Postby hottgirl » August 29th, 2008, 8:58 am

Gem_in_i,
i am thinking of buying a tuscon soon...in fact we are going in next week to look at it...i am hoping that we don't the same kind of trouble that you get for yours... :?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » August 29th, 2008, 9:17 am

Can any of the gas based model drivers comment on the type of mileage they get on average for the Tucson ..I am curious as to how much different it is compared to the diesel version.. :idea:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 29th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Hottgirl get the Tucson you won't regret it. :D
My biggest problem was getting the vehicle released and tht was Customs fault.
Maybe if they have in stock you wount have to go thru the ordering and waiting and then waiting on Customs to release it.
Also I've been hearing abt price increase but am not sure.

DW I never really watched my gas consumption but one of my runs to an office I make abt 130kms cud be more sometimes, to office and back and I use abt 1/4 tank gas or lil less.
Oh, and I drive with a/c.

hottgirl
3NE 2NR for life

Postby hottgirl » August 29th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Gem, we wanted to get a black but the sales rep said that its the most difficult colour to get....so i guess we're gonna get a different colour instead...the guy also said that it cld take as soon as a week or as long as a month..how long did you have to wait for customs to clear?
The price quote we got was not bad..but do they offer any discounts?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 29th, 2008, 8:55 pm

The sales rep usually go on the computer and find the colour you want and book it for you, after you pay the downpayment of course.
It sucks when you don't get the colour you want. Are you in hurry to get it? I think it took abt 5-6 wks to get to Trinidad. Depends on when you catch the shipment coming in.

I took more than a month waiting for Customs to clear my vehicle from the Bond. I was told they clear one day for the week. And during my time they were giving some trouble, or so I was told.

I didn't get any discount. Maybe others did but I didn't get anything free from them.

BTW for those who want the pipe side rails Auto Air now got their stock in. But as I said before am not buying anything from them again.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » August 29th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Yeah..no discount either :cry: , only some "free" mats that I changed anyways and a Hyundai keychain...not even some reverse sensors :oops:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 29th, 2008, 9:34 pm

Oh I almost forgot. I got 'free' road side assistance for one year from N&M.
A woman called me ytday to confirm my address and said they would mail me a package and I should get tht in 3-4wks.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 1st, 2008, 9:50 am

Ahh yes...the "free" road side assistance...I remember that...luckily I never needed to use it :wink:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 1st, 2008, 3:29 pm

They shudda fire him. :?

Its going to be a pain to get my vehicle serviced now tht school has reopened. Its already hard to take in vehicle so early in morning and then go pick it up when its done in normal circumstances.
They should have a Loan vehicle for you to use. I not into travelling to class.

And this week or next week it wud need to go in for 2nd service. :?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 1st, 2008, 3:33 pm

But wht happened just now? I cudda swear I just read a post by Rory and made tht fire him remark. :lol:
Maybe the heat and stress getting to me. :?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » September 1st, 2008, 3:34 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:Its going to be a pain to get my vehicle serviced now tht school has reopened. Its already hard to take in vehicle so early in morning and then go pick it up when its done in normal circumstances.

Why don't you just get it serviced on a Saturday?

I trust the San F'do branch less than the POS branch. So I drop my wife's car off at POS on a Saturday when it needs to be serviced.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » September 1st, 2008, 3:38 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:But wht happened just now? I cudda swear I just read a post by Rory and made tht fire him remark. :lol:
Maybe the heat and stress getting to me. :?

No. You are not going mad. I deleted it.

There was much much more to that incident and I made that post just out of frustration when I remembered the amount of stress the San F'do branch had caused to my wife and I just to sort out a simple repair.

When the very top management got involved, it was eventually sorted out amicably.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 1st, 2008, 3:40 pm

Oh shucks. :lol: thanks for reminding me Rory. It completely slipped my mind tht they also work on Saturdays. My mind in Mon-Fri mode. :D

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 1st, 2008, 3:43 pm

I understand Rory. I know how NnM can frustrate a person at times.

Good tht it was solved amicably :D

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”