TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tucson

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » September 1st, 2008, 4:09 pm

DW wrote:Yeah..no discount either :cry: , only some "free" mats that I changed anyways and a Hyundai keychain...not even some reverse sensors :oops:

But yet you still bought it. :? :)

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 1st, 2008, 8:56 pm

norstar2k wrote:
DW wrote:Yeah..no discount either :cry: , only some "free" mats that I changed anyways and a Hyundai keychain...not even some reverse sensors :oops:

Yes, at the time it was the only new, diesel based vehicle, with reasonable safety that was not a "pick up" and within the price range I was looking at..and that was the only reason, what I wanted was a different story. :(

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 1st, 2008, 9:01 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Gem_in_i wrote:Its going to be a pain to get my vehicle serviced now tht school has reopened. Its already hard to take in vehicle so early in morning and then go pick it up when its done in normal circumstances.

Why don't you just get it serviced on a Saturday?

I trust the San F'do branch less than the POS branch. So I drop my wife's car off at POS on a Saturday when it needs to be serviced.

Sometimes they tell you, depending on which service it is, it wont finish on a Saturday; so if its one of the B or C type services they say it takes the day, so you wont get it back on Saturday if you drop it off in the morning.

Generally the A type service I get done on a Saturday and all others during the week..carrying in for the 50K this week, so I take a day off from work to do other work :(

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » September 1st, 2008, 9:27 pm

DW wrote:
norstar2k wrote:

Yes, at the time it was the only new, diesel based vehicle, with reasonable safety that was not a "pick up" and within the price range I was looking at..and that was the only reason, what I wanted was a different story. :(

I was only kidding, try Automotive Components (ACL) in Arima for service, they are a division of N&M. It's certainly an alternative to Morvant or other direct N&M service centres. Hassle free just ask for Sean, Tony or Risham. Sean is a gr8 mechanic, personable and an all round good fella. Did all my cars there with no issues, and unlike other places - L&DG or MServ, they will accommodate you on a Saturday till 12p (once u go early enough).

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 1st, 2008, 9:29 pm

DW you taking it in for 50K and I taking mine in for 5K :D :lol:

But mine wud be adding on the milage now tht I have to be driving to school at least 3 times per week. :?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 1st, 2008, 9:37 pm

Norstar2k, are there any places in South like ACL tht I could go to besides NnM south and still keep my warrant intact?

BTW, this is off topic, but I does be scared driving on the Highway at times :( no telling wht can happen. I could be innocently going to or from class and have some vehicle flying off lane etc and hitting me.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » September 1st, 2008, 10:16 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:Norstar2k, are there any places in South like ACL tht I could go to besides NnM south and still keep my warrant intact?

BTW, this is off topic, but I does be scared driving on the Highway at times :( no telling wht can happen. I could be innocently going to or from class and have some vehicle flying off lane etc and hitting me.

Master Serv, Cor. Scott St. & Cipero St. Saturday service by app though. Check with your Hyundai rep first.

To your second point, that's the reality of driving on T&T roads. The more time spent, the greater the odds. Night time is even more hazardous.

* Consider classes closer to home.
* Take a defensive driving course which can help build situational awareness, confidence, etc.
* Drive alert, and keep on the left lane. Most median jumps impact the car on the right lane following a crossover.
* Just be careful

Interestingly, when I'm going south for example, I have either my wife or son riding shotgun and they scan the opposite lanes for erratic driving or anything out of the ordinary, and I scan the lanes ahead, the cars alongside and behind me. Hard work to drive these days. :)

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 2nd, 2008, 6:10 am

Thanks for the tips norstar. I really appreciate it :)

I do 3 out of your 4 tips. Concerning the classes I have to go uwi STA. If uwi South offered those classes would have surely taken it in South.
As you said its hard work driving on our roads these days.

hottgirl
3NE 2NR for life

Postby hottgirl » September 3rd, 2008, 8:14 am

Gem and DW, no discounts :shock: :shock:

Well we shld be able to book an order in about 2-3weeks for the tuscon...i hope that we dont get the frustrations that you got esp since we are going through the company...who knows, maybe we might get better service (i hope)..

Anyway the 'free' roadside assistance doesn't sound like much esp since that comes with the insurance and if my vehicle were to need assistance in the first year, i'd be very worried... :|

SS007
Ricer

Tuscon

Postby SS007 » September 3rd, 2008, 8:17 am

hottgirl wrote:Gem, we wanted to get a black but the sales rep said that its the most difficult colour to get....so i guess we're gonna get a different colour instead...the guy also said that it cld take as soon as a week or as long as a month..how long did you have to wait for customs to clear?
The price quote we got was not bad..but do they offer any discounts?

The dark colors need some sort of paint guard........ can't recall exactly what they called it....... but it cost extra.

I will post the mileage on the gas when I work it out.... I am about 3,500 thus far...... I agree the mats are crappy..... I will be changing mine this week.

hottgirl
3NE 2NR for life

Postby hottgirl » September 3rd, 2008, 8:26 am

thanx SS007, so if the mats are crappy, why do they still give them?? :?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 3rd, 2008, 8:49 am

Hottgirl, so you decided on the Tucson then? :D

The front mats are ok but the back mats are like small rectangles tht doesn't cover much. :lol:

I also got roadside assistance with my Insurance and last year TSTT called me up and said I had won a 'free' fone and 'free' roadside assistance to. :lol:

Wonder why everyone giving away 'free' roadside assistance. :?

hottgirl
3NE 2NR for life

Postby hottgirl » September 3rd, 2008, 9:10 am

yep, decided on the tuscon lol...

TSTT giving road side assistance :?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 3rd, 2008, 12:44 pm

:lol:
Girl I don't know nuh. I got my 'free' fone for Customer Appreciation (thts wht they said) and I never heard from them again concerning the 'free' roadside assistance. :lol: :?

hottgirl
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Tuscon

Postby hottgirl » September 4th, 2008, 7:49 am

SS007 wrote: The dark colors need some sort of paint guard........ can't recall exactly what they called it....... but it cost extra.

I will post the mileage on the gas when I work it out.... I am about 3,500 thus far...... I agree the mats are crappy..... I will be changing mine this week.

paint guard for the dark colours? hmmm i wonder how much the 'extra' will be. :?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 12th, 2008, 3:16 pm

So how all you Tucson people doing? Haven't heard from anyone recently :D

Where is Laughlin?

Hottgirl did you place your order?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 12th, 2008, 5:38 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:So how all you Tucson people doing? Haven't heard from anyone recently :D

Where is Laughlin?

Hottgirl did you place your order?

Laughlin is behind Toyota if your in South..on the EMR close to Eric Williams Medical Complex and the name of the street in POS escapes me now, but its a down street, upper most, close to the savannah :oops:

Well I did the 50K , told them about a noise I was hearing, sounded like a belt. Apparently its a leak by the exhaust manifold, and its just over the 40K warranty that covers me ...so I have to carry it tomorrow to "repair". Its the same place that the firm uses, so I get to keep the warranty. They said in all the Tucsons, this is the first they saw with that issue.. :?

Everyone else doing ok with theirs, anyone got the running boards, nudge bars, changed deck etc ??

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 12th, 2008, 5:50 pm

I didn't buy the side steps again. Got other use for the $$$ :D

Now tht I am driving on the Highway almost everyday I am racking up a lot of kms.

Am also noticing a lot of Tucson on the highway. In South where I usually drive around I don't really see them but its like they all on the Highway, North and Southbound. :lol:

Tuesday early morning a Police PCJ Tucson passed me on the highway, Northbound, and if you see how much tht vehicle was smoking. A lot of Black smoke. :?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 12th, 2008, 5:56 pm

Oh! I know where the Laughlin is in South. Didn't realise wht it was. I just knew a business was located there. :lol:
The road kinda bad at the entrance.

When I get some time I would check them out.
Is it a store tht I can browse around? Or its like those parts place in Cipero St where you go and have to tell them wht you want?
I like to browse. :lol:

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 12th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Yes, you can "browse" around at Laughlin, lots of interesting stuff..more so when they have a "sale"

Yeah, every morning and evening on that highway the amount I see, there was a gray, diesel HC something one I used to see on mornings.

A few ppl are buying the foreign used version and decking it out with all the extra accs. Quite a few put on the front and rear nudge bars.

I am still thinking of the running boards, I might not get the nudge bar as my front / rear bumper is not the painted one, so its already "kinda" a nudge bar :mrgreen:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 12th, 2008, 6:17 pm

I was wondering how to tell a foreign used Tucson from the local one.

Also I saw abt 3 Tucson this week with the black trim all around. Its like a wide border all around base of vehicle. Personally I don't like tht look.

Almost every morning I pass my twin Tucson (same colour) heading in opposite direction from me. :lol:

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 12th, 2008, 6:28 pm

All the foreign used ones I have seen so far have the black trim on it, and are all gas and dont have the Hyundai rims. The black trim also has Hyundai written on it, so thats the give away. The current model does not have the Hyundai name on trim.

Well, the trim does look different, but it beats all the paint chips from pebbles hitting the paint and if someone passes close to the car, they touch the black trim as opposed to the paint if you did not have the trim.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 12th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Ohhhhhh! Right the trim does serve tht protection purpose. Was thinking it was just a style. :lol: I learn something today. :D

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 12th, 2008, 6:35 pm

Yeah, saved me a few times from taxi drivers that "thought" they would fit..or ppl who open their doors too wide in a car park.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 12th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Talking abt carpark. I park in a carpark and when I come back I see someone had pushed my side mirror in.
It had more than enough space to pass so I was wondering why they would push my mirror in. :roll:

Why can't we electronically have our side mirrors come in like it did in my car? Or is it my model doesn't have tht option?
Would have been good to have tht so I could bring in my side mirrors when I parked in certain places.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 12th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Nah, the Tucson does not have that, any model as far as I know..its small things like that I miss. Maybe it might be on the Sante Fe, but thats another story.

You could always change the mirrors and put in aftermarket ones that can do that if you want, but its more expensive to replace when something happens to it.

I miss the electronic levers to adjust the seat... :cry:

But I love that the arm rest can be adjusted to two heights :wink:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 12th, 2008, 7:04 pm

Yes! I have gotten used to the arm rest.

The cupholder/arm rest in back seat comes in handy to.
My friends were saying the Tucson equipped for liming becos of the amount of cupholders it have. :lol:

Nah I wount spend extra $$$ for aftermarket mirrors. :lol:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 13th, 2008, 4:36 pm

So I went for service today. Didn't know I had to walk with my manual/warranty book.

The wait wasn't long. I reached 730am and by 930am the service was done. They take some time to wash vehicle though so I eventually left by 10am.

A woman came in vex with her Tucson. She has the one with the black trim. Seems she had gone in before with some/same problem. She said the vehicle shaking.
She came in to sit down mumbling. She said they said something would need to be changed but I forgot wht. Wonder if it was crankshaft :?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » September 13th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Yeah, you need to walk with the service book for them to sign it off.

Usually I tell them not to bother to wash it, it takes forever for them to do it, and they never do it properly.

Change the crankshaft...thats some serious stuff there..hopefully its just something simple like alignment.

Well I went to the "muffler shop" the firm uses, they said nothing is wrong, no leak..so they dont know what the firm is talking about. One good thing is I saw that I do have a catalytic converter on my car...they told me most ppl take it out as down here it does not serve much purpose and could be adding to the noise I am hearing. :?

Auto Air still has nothing interesting :shock:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » September 13th, 2008, 9:47 pm

So you didn't have to get anything fixed after all? :D

You gone Auto Air. I not giving them my business again. I going Laughlin this coming week to 'browse' though. :lol:

I didn't know abt walking with the book but next time I wud. 10K wud come up just now. :?

The lady who does the service appointments real pleasant and friendly, I think her name is Jaime. :)

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”