Forums

The DEATH Discussion Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

The DEATH Discussion Thread

Postby bluefete » February 7th, 2020, 2:38 pm

Given the unarguable fact that we are all on a one way road to die, maybe this can help us on the journey.

What is it like to die?

What is the process?

What do we feel?

Is it painful or pain free?

Are we aware or unaware that we are dying?

Do you feel anything if you perish instantaneously in a crash?

What happens at the moment of death?

Why do we have to die?

Anyone with near-death experiences to share?

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Re: The DEATH Discussion Thread

Postby Devourment » February 7th, 2020, 2:53 pm

I was a coma once, had memory lost so when I woke up I remembered nothing. Still don't think I do but friends described it in detail so it's hard to even know if those are my own memories or the ones they implanted.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 7th, 2020, 3:00 pm

The majority of those questions seem answerable only by dead people.

I can answer what its like to die from a spectator perspective -
My father passed away at home on a Sunday in March last year after three+ years battling Cancer. The approximate time of death was around 5.45am and we all were present there (siblings and my mother) at the time.
He had awakened to ask to go to to the toilet and my brother and myself took him and then we bathed him as he was always a picky person with cleanliness. (He was basically bed bound at this time and needed assistance with movement)

When we put him back on the bed he was experiencing breathing difficulties (as he had been for a few months given where the metastasis had happened) and we applied oxygen but he passed away right there in an almost sleep like state. There was no final flourish, no crying out nothing. He had on the mask and eventually we saw no more condensation on the inside of it.

For two days before whichever one of us spent the night with him observed him talking to the space next to him but he was addressing his mother as if she was there although she would have been dead since the 1970s.

As a side note my father's brother died exactly 4 Sundays later at almost exactly the same time - 5.45am in SAPH.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » February 7th, 2020, 3:01 pm

What we need is for someone to die and report back. That's the only way OP going to get some ah Dem answers.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 7th, 2020, 3:29 pm

The real truth is that nobody knows what happens when you die. We can make inferences through science and observation and see the unique beauty and wonder that life really is in the universe; we can believe fading fairy tales created since apes learned to talk to make us feel better; or we can be nihilist and meet the end disdainfully. It the same end for all.

What happens after death is a journey that each one of us must take on our own and there is no coming back to tell others. Anything that anyone tells you with promises of heaven, etc. is a lie. Because NOBODY alive knows. And it all depends on how you want to look at it... is life the most precious and fleeting and unique thing in existence? Or is there a forever after full of good feelings and thoughts forever (How though? How these experiences are sensed? You're dead!).

Death is whatever you want it to be on your last night on Earth, at your last moment to exist as you are now, ever.

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » February 7th, 2020, 4:12 pm

Jesus died and rose again from the dead,defeating death what a wonderful thing,it gives me hope that I may be resurrected also

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 7th, 2020, 4:28 pm

I know somebody who was declared dead during surgery but came out
He gave the usually story of being lightheaded, floating above and looking down on the whole scene

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 7th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Pineal gland miracles.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » February 7th, 2020, 4:45 pm

ZR woulda done turn this political

But anyways those questions we will have to figure it out each on its own...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 7th, 2020, 6:00 pm

op, all those questions you asked, most of the answers really depend on the individual circumstances as regards emotions, sensations, pain, thoughts, awareness of what's happening, etc.
Only the dead can truly know what death is like.
My advice, live your life like every day is the day you going to die, and in a manner that when you look back at your life you will have zero regrets or what ifs.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » February 7th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Smoke dmt/changa or take about 6grams psilocybe cubensis or 4grams penis envy cubensis or about 400ug lsd..

Experience way more than death

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » February 7th, 2020, 7:02 pm

Ib4 existential crisis.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 7th, 2020, 7:16 pm

megadoc1 wrote:Jesus died and rose again from the dead,defeating death what a wonderful thing,it gives me hope that I may be resurrected also

I hate to burst your bubble but there is no real evidence any of this is true, this was all written by men in a very controlled society in the bronze age where nobody would ever question their rulers otherwise they would be put to death in a torture device.

What we actually know for sure is life evolved, we know this to be true as we know 2+2 = 4 and this is further confirmed via reverse genetic engineering, this is why we are now able to prove that dinosaurs are NOT extinct, modern birds are infact dinosaurs that evolved small enough to adapt to the changing climate and world, thanks to science we know for a fact that man being made from dirt and woman made from the rib of a man is complete nonsense, just like how the bible says the earth and by extension the universe is 5000 years old, no sane individual remotely educated in mathematics or basic science would believe something this insane.

Stars in the night sky for example are distant suns burning millions even thousands and hundreds of millions of light years away, we are seeing into the past due to the length of time it takes for light to reach us here, millions of years. I could go on and on and on about how long fossil fuel takes to form millions of years. Or how the Nile Crocodile is older than Africa itself, Crocodiles are atleast 250 million years old where as us humans are about 4 million, combined with their near invincible immune system second only to maybe vultures, is another prime example of evolution at play. If man was superior to animals as the bible claims we wouldn't be crying everytime a flu comes around or getting sheiting from gastro, the amount of humans die from tiny infection from minor abscess that just spreads through the body when you are a diabetic and slowly poisons you to death agonizing pain, this doesn't happen to creatures old as or older than dinosaurs demonstrating how time and environment can boost and evolve your immune system.

In any event what happens when we die is very simple, literally nothing....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 7th, 2020, 7:40 pm

bluefete wrote:
1) What is it like to die?

Sucks ass but finally get to rest properly

2) What is the process?

Either quick and painless if you are lucky or slow and agonizing which is for 99% of people, have a problem with that buy a shotgun and keep it just in case, when you are finally about to cap out and realize doctors can't actually help you which is quite common, walk or go somewhere very remote, aim it at your skull and blast away, the remote area will make sure in the event you live with half a brain nobody will reach you in time to save you.

What do we feel?

See number 2

Is it painful or pain free?

See number 2

Are we aware or unaware that we are dying?

No clue

Do you feel anything if you perish instantaneously in a crash?

pretty sure no you don't the shock alone will numb you

What happens at the moment of death?

it depends on how intact your brain is, might see your life flash infront of you or go mad instantly

Why do we have to die?

Because that is how evolution works for starters aging is a disease we are born with, we die so that our offspring if any can continue the path of evolution and replace us, without death the world will be overcrowded and over-polluted with so many diseases humanity would be wiped out, the biblical people who believed science to be witchcraft would have made sure science was buried and with it any hope of medicine that can stop deadly plagues. Death is a way for nature to keep us in check since we don't actually have a natural predator being ontop of the food chain and all, Crocodiles don't really die from old age they are believed to be immortal but run out of teeth regrowing at some point and eventually starve to death. There are very very few diseases that can kill them and no known diseases or parasites in nature that can kill vultures.

Anyone with near-death experiences to share?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 7th, 2020, 7:44 pm

OP, I usually try to post sensibly and not often do I do otherwise...

... But in this case, your questions...

... Anyhow, I won't even bother.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » February 7th, 2020, 7:45 pm

megadoc1 wrote:Jesus died and rose again from the dead,defeating death what a wonderful thing,it gives me hope that I may be resurrected also

True!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 7th, 2020, 7:47 pm

They say just before you go, you see your life played before you like a video in fast forward.
Hence the reason many persons just before going will speak to persons from long past and about events as well.

Alzheimer’s is one of worst ways to go, body literally forgets how to live and just goes haywire
Some go quickly others much longer and suffer.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm

My father passed about 7 years ago. My mum and I were present as he literally died in my arms.

That afternoon, I had just finished cleaning him because he was bed-ridden and ailing for some time.

He gave a rough cough or what seemed to me like a cough and that was it.

A couple days before, I remember him looking at a particular corner of the room as if he was seeing something or someone. He just kept staring at that corner for a long time. He could not speak and so I do not know what he was seeing, if anything.

I remember thinking, as the undertakers took away him away, that he was broken in body (from a stroke) but not in spirit.

I had an uncle who was in Cocorite Adventist hospital. A couple days before he passed, he was in his room which faced the Cocorite hills. My aunt was with him. He asked her if she could see the 3 angels on top of the mountain. Of course, she could not. Never forgot that.

Many years ago, I had a 16 year old cousin (we were the same age) who fell out of a mango tree, broke his neck and died. I always wondered if his end was quick or painful.

I had another uncle, age 92, who fell and broke his hip on a carnival Saturday. My cousin called me and we took him to POSGH. While waiting for him to be warded, he called me and told me that his grand-daughter told him, at Christmas time, that Jesus came to her and told her that would be the last Christmas he would spend with them. His grand-daughter was about 5-6 years old at the time.

He spent 2 weeks in hospital awaiting surgery. During that time I visited him about twice and each time he told me that he was looking to cross the river. He was sure that he was not going back home. He got the surgery on a Thursday and was dead by Sunday morning.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » February 7th, 2020, 8:13 pm

This one time, in death camp...

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 7th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Blue I have a family member bedridden right now, he is 88 years old, I rather die than let that happen to me.

It is still bizarre that the law will continue to prevent doctors from ending your life in a humane way but have no problem letting you suffer agonizing screaming wishing to die when you at that state

BTW all those near death experiences is just the brain suffering from a lack of oxygen etc it isn't some sign or god talking to you or any of that, it is just basic things like lack of oxygen, very low blood pressure etc I really wish they would do something about the sad state of public education in this country.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 7th, 2020, 8:24 pm

ED: That is a tough one. I know some countries allow relatives to "kill" their loved ones but I believe that death and life are not in our hands.

We did not choose to come here. We had no say whatsoever. However, it is very difficult to see a family member bedridden and suffering. I emphatize.

I know someone right now who is suffering from stage 4 renal cancer. He has 3 gorgeous children, eldest is taking SEA in April. She is having no end of problems in school. He has given up on life and refuses to go for any more treatment because he does not want his family to suffer with him much longer. It is incredibly hard to see and his pain is tremendous.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Blue I have a family member bedridden right now, he is 88 years old, I rather die than let that happen to me.

It is still bizarre that the law will continue to prevent doctors from ending your life in a humane way but have no problem letting you suffer agonizing screaming wishing to die when you at that state

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 7th, 2020, 9:13 pm

so where does religion and god fit in all of this ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 7th, 2020, 9:42 pm

bluefete wrote:ED: That is a tough one. I know some countries allow relatives to "kill" their loved ones but I believe that death and life are not in our hands.

We did not choose to come here. We had no say whatsoever. However, it is very difficult to see a family member bedridden and suffering. I emphatize.

I know someone right now who is suffering from stage 4 renal cancer. He has 3 gorgeous children, eldest is taking SEA in April. She is having no end of problems in school. He has given up on life and refuses to go for any more treatment because he does not want his family to suffer with him much longer. It is incredibly hard to see and his pain is tremendous.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Blue I have a family member bedridden right now, he is 88 years old, I rather die than let that happen to me.

It's called physician assisted suicide, and family members have zero say about it if their loved ones request it in the very few places it's practiced.
True, nobody asked to be born. But imho, people should be allowed to choose how they die in cases where there may be needless long term physical and mental suffering, because the alternative benefits nobody.
Imagine, you can't move, can barely speak and have no control of your body, and you hungry and thirsty and pissed and soiled yourself but can't call anyone for help in the next room, so you lie there, for hours, hungry, thirsty, and in your own eliminations, all the while remembering how you were when you were well and wishing you could just die and be done with it but it not happening.
The objective is to die with dignity and self respect and avoid unnecessary suffering. But that will never be an option here.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 7th, 2020, 10:08 pm

^ except suicide assuming you do it while you still have the strength, which is why a gun is always good to have and even that very hard to get in Trinidad

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » February 7th, 2020, 10:09 pm

In hebrew scripture, death presents itself early makes no excuses about the state of man and his affairs. Abel (hebel- breath, vapour, vanity) appears on the scene and disappears, vanishes- just as fast despite his righteous behaviour, while his brother who murders him out of envy, goes on living with divine protection to propagate his progeny and builds the first city.

The message of the Bible gives us the example of a human being who lives according to God's commandments to love one another even if it costs your life, and God who is the author of life declares him to be his son because of his correct behaviour. Thus being the only judge, sees an unjust death, intervenes and resurrects him to be his chosen vizier/representative. And so offers hope to all who have gone to their graves obeying this commandment to ' be thy brother's keeper', to take care of each other- that he will give life to them and a new earth where they shall inhabit.

It presents the custom of roman adoption by the paterfamilas as the model for us to be declared sons of God. Since a true son, simply reflects the behaviour of the father where genetics plays no role whatsoever, and destroys the idea of bloodlines, race and tribalism.

You are here today and gone tomorrow, make the most of it through selfless service towards your fellow man. Whether you believe in the God of the bible, some other god/s or none at all. God will reward every man according to their deeds/works by his judgement. Also, textually the 'christians' by name who think they have a ticket to heaven, a wicked christian (who lives selfishly and shows no mercy) is lumped with the wicked and shall not receive life.
A wheat plant that produces no fruit is the same as a tare who is picking up space, time and nutrients and is no good when harvested, just as a tare that produces something that is fruitful shall be considered wheat.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 7th, 2020, 11:58 pm

Dizzy and bluefete, I am humbled by your experiences. God Bless and stay strong.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » February 8th, 2020, 1:42 am

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » February 8th, 2020, 2:00 am

Not sure how I feel about the topic of death but one of the things I've learned is to appreciate the ones close to you even through thick & thin. To become a better individual.

Some years ago I lost my best friend to illness and the last memory I have was a falling out with me saying "I'm so sick of you!" and "You should get out of my life forever I do not want to see you ever again". The fight was very petty, she thought my girlfriend at the time was bad for me but I was head over heels in love with my girlfriend so I picked my girlfriend over my best friend. When my girlfriend broke my heart, I wanted to make amendments with her and apologize but it was too late.

I called, her mom answered and told me she passed 4 months ago, her mom wanted to get in contact with me but she told her mom she does not want me to see her like that. Words cant explain how I felt. I almost killed myself many times.

I still have faith that we will meet again someday and its not over.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

The BEST way to die ?

Postby RedVEVO » February 8th, 2020, 2:20 am

So how do you want to die ?

And at what age ?

K74T
TunerGod

Re: The BEST way to die ?

Postby K74T » February 8th, 2020, 3:48 am

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”