Forums

Wedding Cost

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

apple109
Street 2NR

Re: Wedding Cost

Postby apple109 » October 13th, 2010, 8:52 am

Big weddings are a waste of $, if u have the money then fine go ahead & have a blast. But dont go out of your way to spend $ u dont have. Build a house instead and have a house warming. :)

Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Soundwave » October 13th, 2010, 8:54 am

look apple have clones...

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 13th, 2010, 2:53 pm

apple109 wrote:Big weddings are a waste of $, if u have the money then fine go ahead & have a blast. But dont go out of your way to spend $ u dont have. Build a house instead and have a house warming. :)

that's poor people thing gyul.
how yuh friends :roll: will know could spend like them? :|

jsr
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby jsr » February 10th, 2020, 10:20 am

what are the typical cost of renting a wedding car?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 10th, 2020, 6:20 pm

holy 10 year bump Batman :lol:

jsr, you getting married or keeping a wedding?
be advised, the two are not the same and one is lasts longer than the other

jsr
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby jsr » February 10th, 2020, 6:46 pm

just checking what are the going prices now

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 10th, 2020, 7:25 pm

jsr wrote:just checking what are the going prices now

depends on what you want and your budget, could get something for 1K, all the way up to 3K or more

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 11th, 2020, 9:52 pm

Old joke/saying
What's the difference between paying for sex and sex for free?

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » February 12th, 2020, 11:54 am

Why not a wedding horse?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 12th, 2020, 5:00 pm

^^

Lunch at Mom, a priest and the bride ..

$100 for the Priest ..

The other stuff ..

PriceLess

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 13th, 2020, 9:14 am

De Dragon wrote:Old joke/saying

Reek????

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 13th, 2020, 9:38 am

Free sex has a high cost in the long term?

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » February 13th, 2020, 6:51 pm

Most Trini weddings is just showoff ting, a bigger celebration doesn't mean a better marriage. All you really need is a basic venue, family, closest friends & an official - keep things simple. Prenup too, for obvious reasons.

optional rant/ Don't waste time with a bunch of random freeloaders and people who never business with you who jump out de bush jusso when they hear wedding party & free food and don't care about the bride nor groom, they just want to coass on people with they fancy outfit.

This obviously doh apply to everybody but some people know exactly the kinda people i talkin about.

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » February 13th, 2020, 6:54 pm

The only difference is you're paying her to leave. :twisted:

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » March 23rd, 2021, 1:29 pm

What you think the average cost of a wedding for 175 people nowadays is?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 23rd, 2021, 1:50 pm

Depends on the kind and how stoosh you want it to be.Channa and roti cheaper than fancy food .

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 23rd, 2021, 1:51 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:What you think the average cost of a wedding for 175 people nowadays is?

How long is a piece of rope?

Varies on
Drinks
Decor
Theme
Other rental/service charges/fees

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » March 23rd, 2021, 2:18 pm

timelapse wrote:Depends on the kind and how stoosh you want it to be.Channa and roti cheaper than fancy food .

Movietowne....channa and roti preferred.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 23rd, 2021, 3:45 pm

Movietowne have tent area now ?
I thought it was more carpet and chandilier scenes

SuperiorMan wrote:
timelapse wrote:Depends on the kind and how stoosh you want it to be.Channa and roti cheaper than fancy food .

Movietowne....channa and roti preferred.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 23rd, 2021, 7:10 pm

More details nah dan..
What are you/ the girl from? Venues get cheaper the more south you go.In your yard/friend yard even cheaper.
You have friends/family that could organise food? My in-laws have a caterer in the family so it was cheaper for us.
Religion playing any part?
Alcohol?
Wedding car?
Shotgun wedding?
What the girl has to say about it?
Is there any family member/members trying to call the shots?
Details my brother...

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 23rd, 2021, 7:13 pm

175 ppl in 2021? Forget Movietowne and rent somewhere in Valsyn for that

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » March 23rd, 2021, 7:24 pm

Paying for sex is ALWAYS cheaper.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 23rd, 2021, 7:44 pm

Yeah I dont think you can rent a public place with the covid restrictions
better go private yard in a bigshot area or risk gg showing up

eliteauto wrote:175 ppl in 2021? Forget Movietowne and rent somewhere in Valsyn for that

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » March 23rd, 2021, 8:56 pm

I tied the knot 9 yrs ago. 350 people was the size of the guest list. We had Chinese food and Indian food.

Drinks were basic stuff like water, malta, ginseng, peardrax for toasting and apple j (no alcoholic bevs whatsoever). We had desert, a two tier cake, photography, videography, decor (with real fountain, real plants, real flowers, center pieces, christmas tree lights and lots of drapes), projector with screen, 2 limos, a professional MC, DJ, a live singer, printed invitations and programs.

We had no drone technology then and we did not use fog machines, disco lights or pyrotechnics.

The cost including the facility (located in the north west) which gave us tables, chairs and access to a trolley to tote stuff did not cross $130k. My wife might remember better (you know their memory doh forget certain details). If you include the outfits for the bride/groom, the wedding rings and the honeymoon (1 week all inclusive at a regional destination), I'm guessing the grand total would not pass $190k

Now, I do have regrets. If I had it completely my way, I would have been at least a 100 grand richer today.

1. More than half your guest list you really don't care about and vice versa. People accept because they want to macco
2. I observed a lot of wastage
3. Those who did not make it into the 350 list tote feelings, some up to this very day
4. We had a gift registry and I dont mean to sound bad but it have some guests who came and drink/eat they belly full and purchased silly little stuff that was not even on the list. Some came and ain't even buy we a lil gift self but I know this point can stir controversy.

All in all, after the dust settles, you ask yourself, was it worth it? All the fan fare, the glitz and glam etc. What was all that about? I prefer a dinner with immediate families in a small cozy environment and call that a wrap. It's done and I'm not repeating it at all.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 24th, 2021, 7:59 am

This x2.
Half the people who were at my wedding don't talk to me anymore.Was a set of random family that my mom didn't see for a while.Had I known better then, my guset lust wouldn't have crossed 20 on my side.
agent007 wrote:I tied the knot 9 yrs ago. 350 people was the size of the guest list. We had Chinese food and Indian food.

Drinks were basic stuff like water, malta, ginseng, peardrax for toasting and apple j (no alcoholic bevs whatsoever). We had desert, a two tier cake, photography, videography, decor (with real fountain, real plants, real flowers, center pieces, christmas tree lights and lots of drapes), projector with screen, 2 limos, a professional MC, DJ, a live singer, printed invitations and programs.

We had no drone technology then and we did not use fog machines, disco lights or pyrotechnics.

The cost including the facility (located in the north west) which gave us tables, chairs and access to a trolley to tote stuff did not cross $130k. My wife might remember better (you know their memory doh forget certain details). If you include the outfits for the bride/groom, the wedding rings and the honeymoon (1 week all inclusive at a regional destination), I'm guessing the grand total would not pass $190k

Now, I do have regrets. If I had it completely my way, I would have been at least a 100 grand richer today.

1. More than half your guest list you really don't care about and vice versa. People accept because they want to macco
3. Those who did not make it into the 350 list tote feelings, some up to this very day
4. We had a gift registry and I dont mean to sound bad but it have some guests who came and drink/eat they belly full and purchased silly little stuff that was not even on the list. Some came and ain't even buy we a lil gift self but I know this point can stir controversy.

All in all, after the dust settles, you ask yourself, was it worth it? All the fan fare, the glitz and glam etc. What was all that about? I prefer a dinner with immediate families in a small cozy environment and call that a wrap. It's done and I'm not repeating it at all.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 24th, 2021, 8:10 am

There is life after a wedding especially if going into a mortgage.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 24th, 2021, 8:16 am

good observations indeed and congrats on 9 years, many dont make it so far.

usually in a wedding at least 2/3rds of the guests are filler for parents, showing off etc

a wedding photographer once told me he does laugh because of the money he does make, 99% of the snaps are never really looked at except initially. A wedding only really consists of 10 snaps or so.

agent007 wrote:I tied the knot 9 yrs ago. 350 people was the size of the guest list. We had Chinese food and Indian food.

Kay_B
Ricer

Postby Kay_B » March 24th, 2021, 9:31 am

pugboy wrote:good observations indeed and congrats on 9 years, many dont make it so far.

usually in a wedding at least 2/3rds of the guests are filler for parents, showing off etc

a wedding photographer once told me he does laugh because of the money he does make, 99% of the snaps are never really looked at except initially. A wedding only really consists of 10 snaps or so.

Therefore, I see no reason to gather all distant relatives and acquaintances in order to arrange a holiday for them. A wedding is a celebration for those who are getting married. They are not obliged to entertain 138 people who have gathered for no reason at all, because in fact they do not even know the newlyweds. All this is window dressing and a waste of money.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 24th, 2021, 11:49 am

My wedding had 10 people. Only cost was for the Pundit. Which I think was $300. We still married, 6yrs later.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 24th, 2021, 12:02 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:My wedding had 10 people. Only cost was for the Pundit. Which I think was $300. We still married, 6yrs later.

well done
it have a difference between a wedding and a marriage eh fellas.

word to the wise
when yuh get married, put 7% of your annual income somewhere that yuh wife doesn't have access to and doesn't know about, and make sure she never finds out about it.
Worst case scenario, if yuh divorce, yuh have a cushion to land on after she try to take you for all you have.
Best case scenario, when allyuh decide to retire if allyuh still together by then, either you alone or both of you have a lil extra spending money to enjoy retirement with/leave for future generations/what ever you want to do with it

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”