TunerGod

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby pugboy » March 5th, 2020, 6:48 am

they offering built up houses for sale off cunupia

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 5th, 2020, 7:09 am

Yeah , Welcome Rd. They did some for HDC in Wellington Rd Debe too .

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » March 5th, 2020, 11:23 am

I'm seeing these at the 400k range
IMG_2452.JPG

s-k-mo
Riding on 13's

Postby s-k-mo » March 5th, 2020, 12:04 pm

tr1ad wrote:I'm seeing these at the 400k range
IMG_2452.JPG

Never heard of this! I wonder how durable these are. Also, that’s a lot of glass. Is it safe to have in Trinidad?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Building a house in Trinidad

Postby matix » March 5th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Long term it’s better to go with traditional building methods. The prefab houses still need a foundation to be built on. Labor is a lot less with the prefab houses once the people putting it together knows what they’re doing. We’ve done work on quite a few and it’s all different. The ones on Taska road that spann spoke about are very small but went up quickly and I think they used concrete board mostly. There’s some where it’s a styrofoam material between 2 metal sheets and those go up really easy because it just fits onto a frame and that’s it. It comes as a 20ft container or 40ft, depends on your preference. There are others that I worked on with styrofoam and concrete mixture. Went up the same way.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » March 6th, 2020, 11:50 am

s-k-mo wrote:
tr1ad wrote:I'm seeing these at the 400k range
IMG_2452.JPG

Never heard of this! I wonder how durable these are. Also, that’s a lot of glass. Is it safe to have in Trinidad?

It's customized from what I understand, I'll be checking them next week to look at quality, understand how it ties into the foundation, durability, warranty etc

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 6th, 2020, 12:10 pm

$400000 could be spent better than that.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 6th, 2020, 1:04 pm

telfer wrote:
ramorr wrote:Any links for greenheart wood for sale?

There is a place opposite the Chaguanas fire station I got from to build my front door
This is lovely!

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 7th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Hey guys. This is my water mains. I want block it up neatly and eventually put a water filter. Any ideas how to start? I was considering putting the filter on the wall nearby but want to fix the mains section first

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 7th, 2020, 10:35 pm

You can try to sketch out the locations and connections of the major components of your supply: pump, shutoff valves, tanks, and check valves. That would be how to start.

You probably don't want to break into your supply line until it gets close to the location where it splits into point of entry and tank fill.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 7th, 2020, 11:23 pm

adnj wrote:You can try to sketch out the locations and connections of the major components of your supply: pump, shutoff valves, tanks, and check valves. That would be how to start.

You probably don't want to break into your supply line until it gets close to the location where it splits into point of entry and tank fill.

My tank and pump are already done and ok. Just this area i want to address.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 8th, 2020, 7:00 am

How many block heights are you thinking of putting down?

Why though do you want to block up? From the picture, it seems ok.

If you are blocking up, consider two things as well:

1) Depending on where this is located, this could become a pit for vermin and other critters to potentially call their own.

2) You should raise all the piping and valves a bit higher so it becomes easier to operate once the perimeter is blocked up.

Other general suggestions:

3) Consider installing double check valves as a safety measure. I had an instance where a check valve on pump pump suction broke. On your mains you really don't want that to happen.

4) For that same reason, consider two unions, one upstream the valve assembly and the other downstream. This makes for easier replacement of any failed valves later on. If you choose to add filters, well this double union will likely be a high help.

5) Replace the 1/4 turn ball valves with gate valves. I had ball valves and after 6 years, the nut and handle became badly corroded and it was near impossible to operate the valve unless I used a pliers.

In consideration of those suggestions, you'll need more space to install everything including the filter, so maybe you'll have to look into digging down to find the lines to create more working room for all the fittings

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 8th, 2020, 7:35 am

carluva wrote:How many block heights are you thinking of putting down?

Why though do you want to block up? From the picture, it seems ok.

If you are blocking up, consider two things as well:

1) Depending on where this is located, this could become a pit for vermin and other critters to potentially call their own.

2) You should raise all the piping and valves a bit higher so it becomes easier to operate once the perimeter is blocked up.

Other general suggestions:

3) Consider installing double check valves as a safety measure. I had an instance where a check valve on pump pump suction broke. On your mains you really don't want that to happen.

4) For that same reason, consider two unions, one upstream the valve assembly and the other downstream. This makes for easier replacement of any failed valves later on. If you choose to add filters, well this double union will likely be a high help.

5) Replace the 1/4 turn ball valves with gate valves. I had ball valves and after 6 years, the nut and handle became badly corroded and it was near impossible to operate the valve unless I used a pliers.

In consideration of those suggestions, you'll need more space to install everything including the filter, so maybe you'll have to look into digging down to find the lines to create more working room for all the fittings

Thanks for the suggestions. By block up i meant not as high as ur regular blocks, but jus as high as the valve with yellow handle which is 2” off the ground. Saw someone whose mains was in 2’ x 2’ box in the ground with shut off valve and covered from water and critters. He even had no dirt. It was real neat. Block up was really to protect the piping from them boys riding and wife reversing in dat corner area. I agree with raising the piping.
I have two checks valves on pump suction, On discharge has one by mains.
I was considering leaving the ball valves open and adding gate valves yea.

Lastly wrt the filter, the intent was to route the outlet of the mains valve line out to a wall 2’ away through the filter and back to the check valve in the pic.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 10th, 2020, 3:35 pm

You do not seem to have enough room to cut the pipe and reroute 2 feet away, unless you can temporarily lock off the WASA mains valve to allow you to make that reroute connection.

Otherwise, you may have to look into installing the filter downstream the check valve at the next available point of entry into the premises (i.e. the close to the pump or the house).

Another option is to put your filter where it enters the house because it's likely that the line into the house or from the pump discharge will be another suitable location.

Question - why do you need a filter at the mains? You do know that this will get dirty really quickly and, if installed where there is sunlight, will likely get a build up of mildew and moss very quickly.

Oh yes... What is the other line with the ball valve about (the one on the right)?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 10th, 2020, 5:04 pm

carluva wrote:You do not seem to have enough room to cut the pipe and reroute 2 feet away, unless you can temporarily lock off the WASA mains valve to allow you to make that reroute connection.

Otherwise, you may have to look into installing the filter downstream the check valve at the next available point of entry into the premises (i.e. the close to the pump or the house).

Another option is to put your filter where it enters the house because it's likely that the line into the house or from the pump discharge will be another suitable location.

Question - why do you need a filter at the mains? You do know that this will get dirty really quickly and, if installed where there is sunlight, will likely get a build up of mildew and moss very quickly.

Oh yes... What is the other line with the ball valve about (the one on the right)?

The yellow handle ball valve is the mains supply to the house. The red handle valve is the supply straight to the tank.
I am unable to locate the mains point of entry at the house.
I was hoping to disconnect the union from valve, route the pvc out to the wall through filter and back to check valve.
A filter with an opaque housing and weather guard should prevent mildew and moss buildup.
Already got a filter on tank inlet.
So, a whole house filter is a waste of time? I drained my water heater weekend and it had brown stuff. Image

Thats what the 5micron picks up at the sink

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 10th, 2020, 6:34 pm

All those delicious trace minerals that some of your enzymes require to function.
Chromium, copper, fluoride, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, selenium, and zinc.
All found in the micro dirt that WASA gives us (WASA mc btw).

For one thing, no animal on earth has ever evolved with a super-ultra filtered purified water source. Think about that.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 10th, 2020, 6:41 pm

maj. tom wrote:All those delicious trace minerals that some of your enzymes require to function.
Chromium, copper, fluoride, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, selenium, and zinc.
All found in the micro dirt that WASA gives us (WASA mc btw).

For one thing, no animal on earth has ever evolved with a super-ultra filtered purified water source. Think about that.

The filter is removing sand, silt, rust, scale,sediments. Do my enzymes require those?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 10th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Si , Fe , Ca ? What doh kill does fatten , what doh fatten does purge

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 10th, 2020, 7:41 pm

I do not have a filter to my house.

I have a filter on the fridge for the drinking water. And I have a Brita filter pitcher.

By me, yes there are sediments to deal with but a clean of water tanks every five years or so plus a yearly drain of a water heater tank ought to deal with sediments.

We have a mains bypass around our pump so if WASA pressure is higher than pump kick on pressure, we will get water from the mains. This only happens late at night or early in the morning. And I switch off my pump at night (as a safety precaution) so WASA pressure is always low (WASA mc for that too btw). The point is that most of my water would come from the tanks which would allow for some measure of settling of sediments before they make their way into the home.

For my purposes, a filter is a waste of time. An opaque filter housing, to me, and this is based purely on conjectural belief, may encourage bacterial growth and bacteria is something I'm not prepared to mess around with. I may be wrong, but that's just me....

Even if you choose to install a filter, after that union is very limited space and I doubt very much you can fit two elbows in there to facilitate the detour to the filter.

So if you insist, you may have to burst the floor, dig down, find the line and then plan your reroute to the filter so that the additional fittings can be easily accommodated.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 10th, 2020, 7:57 pm

carluva wrote:I do not have a filter to my house.

I have a filter on the fridge for the drinking water. And I have a Brita filter pitcher.

By me, yes there are sediments to deal with but a clean of water tanks every five years or so plus a yearly drain of a water heater tank ought to deal with sediments.

We have a mains bypass around our pump so if WASA pressure is higher than pump kick on pressure, we will get water from the mains. This only happens late at night or early in the morning. And I switch off my pump at night (as a safety precaution) so WASA pressure is always low (WASA mc for that too btw). The point is that most of my water would come from the tanks which would allow for some measure of settling of sediments before they make their way into the home.

For my purposes, a filter is a waste of time. An opaque filter housing, to me, and this is based purely on conjectural belief, may encourage bacterial growth and bacteria is something I'm not prepared to mess around with. I may be wrong, but that's just me....

Even if you choose to install a filter, after that union is very limited space and I doubt very much you can fit two elbows in there to facilitate the detour to the filter.

So if you insist, you may have to burst the floor, dig down, find the line and then plan your reroute to the filter so that the additional fittings can be easily accommodated.

Noted.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » March 10th, 2020, 11:41 pm

carluva wrote:You do not seem to have enough room to cut the pipe and reroute 2 feet away, unless you can temporarily lock off the WASA mains valve to allow you to make that reroute connection.

Good points, and now that i think about it, a neighbour of mine has 2 filters in series along an open wall facing east. Inside looks like a wheatgrass smoothie.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 11th, 2020, 6:30 am

a proper pump setup should have the house also fed direct from wasa with a one way valve so
the house will be fed by the pump if wasa pressure low or vice versa with no need to be physically switching off pump.

If your scenario is u get supplied more from the pump/tank due to wasa low pressure you may be slightly better off
mud wise as the mud will get a chance to settle a little in the tank.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 11th, 2020, 8:07 pm

I've seen some filters mounted outdoors and exposed but most manufacturers recommend installation indoors or inside of an enclosure, like a pump room.

If you have a tank sediment problem, you can also install a point of entry prefilter. The filter media is typically stainless steel mesh and reusable. You will need to determine what filter size depending on your circumstances. They come in sizes like 20, 50, 100 microns, and up.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 11th, 2020, 9:24 pm

^^^^ Interesting. Where sells these locally? For some reason I am thinking Water Source.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 12th, 2020, 4:28 pm

I need to get about 560 feet of razor wire installed to a perimeter wall (2 rows of razor wire at 280 feet each).

Which hardwares/suppliers sell razor wire at reasonable prices? What are your experiences with the galvanised steel razor wire vs. the stainless steel razor wire? Is the stainless steel razor wire worth the significant increase in price over the galvanised steel razor wire?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2020, 4:35 pm

Some rusting in months , Stainless (a good brand ) is worth the extras.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 12th, 2020, 5:11 pm

What about the stuff that trinrico in reform village sells

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2020, 5:18 pm

I don't know if it's stainless or galvanized but I know the cheap ones not good at all.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 16th, 2020, 7:26 pm

This is probably the wrong place to post, but I'll ask anyway.

Where can I get plastic barrels? Need a couple for water storage. Preferably those with the full diameter lid and not the ones with the two holes with plugs in them. And not the tapered ones with the screw top either. Basically something like what's in the picture minus the tap at the bottom.

What's an approximate price I can expect to pay for one?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 16th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Like this.
carluva wrote:This is probably the wrong place to post, but I'll ask anyway.

Where can I get plastic barrels? Need a couple for water storage. Preferably those with the full diameter lid and not the ones with the two holes with plugs in them. And not the tapered ones with the screw top either. Basically something like what's in the picture minus the tap at the bottom.

What's an approximate price I can expect to pay for one?
Screenshot_20200316-193345.jpeg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”