TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Halfbreed12
Street 2NR

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 5 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby Halfbreed12 » March 17th, 2020, 11:05 pm

7 cases now

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 17th, 2020, 11:08 pm

Halfbreed12 wrote:7 cases now

Sauce???

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 17th, 2020, 11:10 pm

Never Mind...

http://www.looptt.com/content/tt-now-ha ... IuXp_0h8jM

The Ministry of Health is advising the population of two new confirmed cases of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

In a statement, it said seven persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago.

The Ministry noted that all positive COVID-19 cases, thus far, have been imported.

It added that the required infection control protocols continue to be implemented across the public health sector to ensure the continued effective management of the COVID-19 health challenge.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 17th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Some nonchalant people was singing this "mild, mild, mild, mild" thing today.

That Dr. Trotman lady should make a Trevor Sayers "Stamina" video. She have this thing sticking in people head like is some kinda joke...:|

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 17th, 2020, 11:13 pm

So guess PEA was right since this morning.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 17th, 2020, 11:25 pm

hydroep wrote:Some nonchalant people was singing this "mild, mild, mild, mild" thing today.

That Dr. Trotman lady should make a Trevor Sayers "Stamina" video. She have this thing sticking in people head like is some kinda joke...:|

Doh bad talk Dr Trotman... it have a tuner in here like he digging it out and getting very offended !!!

NR8
Riding on 18's

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 7 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby NR8 » March 17th, 2020, 11:26 pm

Really noticing the trend developing where MoH is now only announcing new cases late at night. Really makes you wonder why that is.

Also, note that they keep stressing how these 7 are all imported cases. But many persons exhibiting serious symptoms aren't being tested. My relative was in close contact with the person who sat next to the first confirmed case (from Switzerland) for the duration of the flight but they aren't being tested even though displaying multiple symptoms.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » March 17th, 2020, 11:27 pm

I looking for a news source or quote where it stated the testing criteria within the public health system.

It was stated that they only testing when 1) showing symptoms and 2) when in contact with an already confirmed case

anybody know where i could find that? or was that just rum shop talk

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 17th, 2020, 11:53 pm

i only know about the part one, where they say obvious symptoms.
but, if they only doing that, then they missing out a whole batch of the population. but, as expected.

http://www.looptt.com/content/tt-now-ha ... IuXp_0h8jM

The Ministry of Health is advising the population of two new confirmed cases of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

In a statement, it said seven persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago.

The Ministry noted that all positive COVID-19 cases, thus far, have been imported.

It added that the required infection control protocols continue to be implemented across the public health sector to ensure the continued effective management of the COVID-19 health challenge.

and this here, all these words to say, 5+2=7 . if u not giving out details, why post out all the shenanigans ?
or they just posting bush to camouflage sumting else, like htey doing nonsense.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 17th, 2020, 11:58 pm

Light them up on social media... Incompetent oafs
NR8 wrote:Really noticing the trend developing where MoH is now only announcing new cases late at night. Really makes you wonder why that is.

Also, note that they keep stressing how these 7 are all imported cases. But many persons exhibiting serious symptoms aren't being tested. My relative was in close contact with the person who sat next to the first confirmed case (from Switzerland) for the duration of the flight but they aren't being tested even though displaying multiple symptoms.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 18th, 2020, 12:02 am

NR8 wrote:Really noticing the trend developing where MoH is now only announcing new cases late at night. Really makes you wonder why that is.

could be, the day shift that gets the samples to run, only gets the results later, and put it in the end shift log. and either them the outgoing or the incoming shift, sends the info to the higherups at that time, with the other log info. and then the covid info is forwarded to the ministries, to then pass through a myriad of public servants, to ponder, analyze and forget sometimes, and then to the media/fb page to the public.
by that time is night.

not every mystery is a conspiracy, somethings is just thats how the flow goes.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 18th, 2020, 12:06 am

Very serious information here. It goes back to my point - Did CAL contact ALL passengers who were on those flights with infected persons? What protocols are in place for this? It seems like there is none.

What about the other airlines that may have brought in infected persons?

So how is the government really doing its testing? Only about 112 people were tested so far.

sMASH wrote:

could be, the day shift that gets the samples to run, only gets the results later, and put it in the end shift log. and either them the outgoing or the incoming shift, sends the info to the higherups at that time, with the other log info. and then the covid info is forwarded to the ministries, to then pass through a myriad of public servants, to ponder, analyze and forget sometimes, and then to the media/fb page to the public.
by that time is night.

not every mystery is a conspiracy, somethings is just thats how the flow goes.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 18th, 2020, 12:11 am

i keep on saying, from the time they gave their first brief, they done cater for a 3% mortality. them aint business. they did not allocate enough additional resoures to even attempt to catch this thing, only enough to say that they try sumtin. the measures they put in place, are valid, but insufficient, to really stop the spread, and that is the biggest thing they stressing on, the onous onthe citizen to not spread it.
when they say mild mild mild mild, is to make people second guess themselves, fall back on the govt, and just keep calm and carry on, theyve got this.

the 'this' they've got, is that 3% of trinis gonna kick the bucket. dem eh fitting up.

most important, they get an excuse to raid the HSF. christmas in march.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 18th, 2020, 12:13 am

Hopefully they being responsible and self-quarantining until they do?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 18th, 2020, 12:14 am

Real people missing this point (highlighted below).

But you are right. There is no way the gov't can have control over this with multiple unknown infections and exposures all over the country.

I really hope that we do not have any fatalities from this.

A sea bath seems like a good idea now.

sMASH wrote:i keep on saying, from the time they gave their first brief, they done cater for a 3% mortality. them aint business. they did not allocate enough additional resoures to even attempt to catch this thing, only enough to say that they try sumtin. the measures they put in place, are valid, but insufficient, to really stop the spread, and that is the biggest thing they stressing on, the onous onthe citizen to not spread it.
when they say mild mild mild mild, is to make people second guess themselves, fall back on the govt, and just keep calm and carry on, theyve got this.

the 'this' they've got, is that 3% of trinis gonna kick the bucket. dem eh fitting up.

most important, they get an excuse to raid the HSF. christmas in march.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 18th, 2020, 12:16 am

ST Auto wrote:Just seeing this. Not sure how true

Wait... wtf... Phillip call that 12-13 hrs before?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 18th, 2020, 12:23 am

Yup. It was posted since yesterday morning.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 18th, 2020, 12:27 am

blue

this thing is like the flue or even slighter. the only thign that make this big, is that it is highly contagious, and spreading uncannily quickly. i thinking it a little more air borne than we accustomed with.

and although the the mortality is kinda instep with the other flus, the sheer number of people getting infected quickly, just means the numbers of motal cases will be high. and we dont have the resources set up to treat wtih a batch of them at once, only one by two...

get ur tissues and dirt shovel ready.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 18th, 2020, 12:38 am

Do some more reading... This virus attacks the lower respiratory tract and the alveoli directly from within causing acute pneumonia. The regular flu attacks the upper respiratory tract... So there is time to fight it before it reaches the lungs.

This is far from the regular flu...
sMASH wrote:blue

this thing is like the flue or even slighter. the only thign that make this big, is that it is highly contagious, and spreading uncannily quickly. i thinking it a little more air borne than we accustomed with.

and although the the mortality is kinda instep with the other flus, the sheer number of people getting infected quickly, just means the numbers of motal cases will be high. and we dont have the resources set up to treat wtih a batch of them at once, only one by two...

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » March 18th, 2020, 12:42 am

The_Honourable wrote:
ST Auto wrote:Just seeing this. Not sure how true

Wait... wtf... Phillip call that 12-13 hrs before?

Yup the man got his sources right for once

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 18th, 2020, 12:47 am

Gladiator wrote:Do some more reading... This virus attacks the lower respiratory tract and the alveoli directly from within causing acute pneumonia. The regular flu attacks the upper respiratory tract... So there is time to fight it before it reaches the lungs.

yeah i understand dat since wuhan virus days. i also understand that u cant just put a person on assisted breathing as u would normally, as it worsens the condition, u have to change up the pattern. monitor closely and even sedate the patients as required. (so all the respirator they buying, we still need some medical training to specifically treat wtih this. ) is just that only a few people will get the severe symptoms.

all i saying, rowley dem head in the sand, they will let this thing blow through and wake them when its over.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 18th, 2020, 1:34 am

sMASH wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Do some more reading... This virus attacks the lower respiratory tract and the alveoli directly from within causing acute pneumonia. The regular flu attacks the upper respiratory tract... So there is time to fight it before it reaches the lungs.

yeah i understand dat since wuhan virus days. i also understand that u cant just put a person on assisted breathing as u would normally, as it worsens the condition, u have to change up the pattern. monitor closely and even sedate the patients as required. (so all the respirator they buying, we still need some medical training to specifically treat wtih this. ) is just that only a few people will get the severe symptoms.

all i saying, rowley dem head in the sand, they will let this thing blow through and wake them when its over.

Yep, according to this study published in the Lancet, by the time they have to put you on ventilators or ECMO it's likely you won't make it.

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736%2820%2930566-3

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » March 18th, 2020, 3:09 am

i think d govt need to put a partial kinda SOE where no children and old people to be in public, only to work and back, close everything else or some such plan. we need to stop this sheit now and get a grip on it before it run away like italy and the US. anyone know if china resume manufacturing ? dey saying shortage in 6 months, pass in d grocery yest and all bean, rice gone, flour,pasta low. look like people stocking up for a 3 months probably. i assume rice, beans, flour possibly pasta will get weevils in a timing cause is like they come in the bag so idk what go be we position in a few months

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » March 18th, 2020, 3:25 am

The simulated efficacy of social distancing....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... cle_inline

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » March 18th, 2020, 4:28 am

Just some info to some of the concerns above.
The tests take about 4 hours from sample reception to completion, that info must then be passed to MOH for dissemination and contact tracing etc.
Suspected cases not showing any symptoms cannot be tested as they will show a false negative and have a false sense of confidence that they are not infected, which can further spreads the virus. Once suspected or identified as having contact with a confirmed infected, the medical practitioner recommends isolation to observe if symptoms start showing. Only if they do then you can be tested as the test will then produce a confirmed result.

Disclaimer: i'm not a spokesperson for any organization, just relaying some info.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » March 18th, 2020, 4:33 am

If you are infected, but dont show symptoms, you are still infected & should test positive, not so?

Keyser Soze wrote:Just some info to some of the concerns above.
The tests take about 4 hours from sample reception to completion, that info must then be passed to MOH for dissemination and contact tracing etc.
Suspected cases not showing any symptoms cannot be tested as they will show a false negative and have a false sense of confidence that they are not infected, which can further spreads the virus. Once suspected or identified as having contact with a confirmed infected, the medical practitioner recommends isolation to observe if symptoms start showing. Only if they do then you can be tested as the test will then produce a confirmed result.

Disclaimer: i'm not a spokesperson for any organization, just relaying some info.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » March 18th, 2020, 5:04 am

So random observation. You're sick. Coughing. Fever. Sore throat. No travel history. Haven't been to the airport etc. Can you get tested right now somewhere?

Fact of the matter is, I think, People are walking around with the Covid-19, thinking it's just the flu and that's not the case but they can't get tested. Seeing the problem here?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 18th, 2020, 5:14 am

basket ballers and who not, testing positive and did not look symptomatic.

^^ no problem there, execpt if u contact someone who cant withstand the symptoms.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 18th, 2020, 5:44 am

goalpost wrote:If you are infected, but dont show symptoms, you are still infected & should test positive, not so?

Keyser Soze wrote:Just some info to some of the concerns above.

Based on the above I guess that symptoms show when the virus reaches some critical mass in the body.Under which the person remains asymptomatic.
The test can only detect the virus above a certain critical mass. Below which you will test negative.

So logically one can have the virus,not show symptoms and still test negative.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 18th, 2020, 6:17 am

yep
all them sports folks not showing much symptoms when positive

sMASH wrote:basket ballers and who not, testing positive and did not look symptomatic.

^^ no problem there, execpt if u contact someone who cant withstand the symptoms.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”