TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Poll: Covid vaccine: When will you take it?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Covid vaccine when will you take it?

Immediately as it becomes available
30%
I'll wait to see how it goes.
54%
Never
8%
Covid is a hoax
8%

Total votes: 79

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Poll: Covid vaccine: When will you take it?

Postby matr1x » November 21st, 2020, 8:12 am

Cue the zombie apocalypse

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 21st, 2020, 8:16 am

I hear some ppl rather die than to take it due to the prophecies in the bible. Mark of the beast.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 10:01 am

Devourment wrote:I rarely voice myself on 2nr put this entire post is making me sick with the selfishness I'm seeing.

This is why I fully endorse mandatory vaccines for those who are well enough to take it.

If not, anyone responsible for spreading covid-19 which results in death, after a vaccine has been available for at least 3 months (giving you time to get immunized) should be charged with manslaughter. Now legally I know that's not going to happen, but effectively that is what it comes down to.

You can be contributing to the death of people. Remember many of these vaccines at not 100% effective, so maybe 1 in 15 persons who did take the vaccine won't have protection.

These 'wait and see' people want the privilege of going back to a non-lockdown lifestyle, without getting vaccinated. You are no different from the anti-vaxers in the US who are responsible for new measles outbreaks.

That is utterly selfish behavior and I need to stress that again. Making everyone else get a vaccine while you sit back on your a$$ and hope herd immunity protects you and your family is SELFISH.

Realistically, if you're not vaccinated you should not be allowed in public spaces like schools, churches, workplaces, cinemas, gyms, parties, bars and restaurants.

Mandatory vaccines is a breach of human rights. There are currently several cases before the international courts where individuals are suing leaderships in the czech republic and australia for example for policies that essentially make vaccination mandatory. You cannot force anyone to accept something that they don't want. This isn't the 1800s. People are free to do what they want. Its a democracy here. Not communism.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 21st, 2020, 10:39 am

Is better you don't comment anymore because you can't tell people what their choice is, If I choose not to take this vaccine which I will not ,due to it being rushed and appear like the savior for us , I rather let the guinea pigs I.e you , take the vaccine and watch how you progress in life, when complications appear not if, when they appear I will hear you singing a different tune right back on here
Devourment wrote:I rarely voice myself on 2nr put this entire post is making me sick with the selfishness I'm seeing.

This is why I fully endorse mandatory vaccines for those who are well enough to take it.

If not, anyone responsible for spreading covid-19 which results in death, after a vaccine has been available for at least 3 months (giving you time to get immunized) should be charged with manslaughter. Now legally I know that's not going to happen, but effectively that is what it comes down to.

You can be contributing to the death of people. Remember many of these vaccines at not 100% effective, so maybe 1 in 15 persons who did take the vaccine won't have protection.

These 'wait and see' people want the privilege of going back to a non-lockdown lifestyle, without getting vaccinated. You are no different from the anti-vaxers in the US who are responsible for new measles outbreaks.

That is utterly selfish behavior and I need to stress that again. Making everyone else get a vaccine while you sit back on your a$$ and hope herd immunity protects you and your family is SELFISH.

Realistically, if you're not vaccinated you should not be allowed in public spaces like schools, churches, workplaces, cinemas, gyms, parties, bars and restaurants.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » November 21st, 2020, 10:56 am

hover11 wrote:Is better you don't comment anymore because you can't tell people what their choice is, If I choose not to take this vaccine which I will not ,due to it being rushed and appear like the savior for us , I rather let the guinea pigs I.e you , take the vaccine and watch how you progress in life, when complications appear not if, when they appear I will hear you singing a different tune right back on here

Exactly. When you purchase almost any pharmaceutical drug, there is a list on the package that indicates the possible side-effects. To date, no side-effects have been listed. Does that mean that there aren't any? Of course not! It just means that not enough time has elapsed for them to be discovered. But again, because of the diré situation and the rush to get back to 'normal' because of the socio-economic consequences humans have suffered, everyone wants to obtain a vaccine as expeditiously as possible.

Simply put:
Ginea pigs = money>health
Ppl like me = health>money

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 21st, 2020, 10:58 am

When Terrence, Rowley, Kamla, Roody, Imbert & co all take it first, in front of my eyes, for me to see.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 21st, 2020, 2:01 pm

killercow wrote:
hover11 wrote:Is better you don't comment anymore because you can't tell people what their choice is, If I choose not to take this vaccine which I will not ,due to it being rushed and appear like the savior for us , I rather let the guinea pigs I.e you , take the vaccine and watch how you progress in life, when complications appear not if, when they appear I will hear you singing a different tune right back on here

Exactly. When you purchase almost any pharmaceutical drug, there is a list on the package that indicates the possible side-effects. To date, no side-effects have been listed. Does that mean that there aren't any? Of course not! It just means that not enough time has elapsed for them to be discovered. But again, because of the diré situation and the rush to get back to 'normal' because of the socio-economic consequences humans have suffered, everyone wants to obtain a vaccine as expeditiously as possible.

Simply put:

I think his point flew over y'all heads there.

If you don't take it, then you should be prepared to wearing masks around everyone.

And it's a valid point, if you do spread covid to someone then you should be charged.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 2:56 pm

How om God's green earth can they prove that i spread it? This isn't HIV where u know if u last bull that person and u pick it up is that person who most likely give it to u. At any point when u leave your home u at risk of contracting the thing. If u knowingly have it and gone around palancing like is no deal thats a different story. But if u have no symptoms how i gah know i have the thing. Oh gosh nah people. Think nah. But now we moving to a world where its do as i say. Human rights don't matter anymore. 2020 really equal 1800

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 21st, 2020, 3:17 pm

elec2020 wrote:How om God's green earth can they prove that i spread it? This isn't HIV where u know if u last bull that person and u pick it up is that person who most likely give it to u. At any point when u leave your home u at risk of contracting the thing. If u knowingly have it and gone around palancing like is no deal thats a different story. But if u have no symptoms how i gah know i have the thing. Oh gosh nah people. Think nah. But now we moving to a world where its do as i say. Human rights don't matter anymore. 2020 really equal 1800

Exactly why you need to take the vaccine you idiot, otherwise stay the f*ck home and don't be responsible for killing ppl, it's that simple.

I can't believe in this day and age you all not seeing the importance of this vaccine and the responsibility we all have in taking it.

Simple option is if you don't take it, you should not be allowed to interact with other people outside your household.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » November 21st, 2020, 3:19 pm

elec2020 wrote:How om God's green earth can they prove that i spread it? This isn't HIV where u know if u last bull that person and u pick it up is that person who most likely give it to u. At any point when u leave your home u at risk of contracting the thing. If u knowingly have it and gone around palancing like is no deal thats a different story. But if u have no symptoms how i gah know i have the thing. Oh gosh nah people. Think nah. But now we moving to a world where its do as i say. Human rights don't matter anymore. 2020 really equal 1800

Honest question, are you pretending to be this dumb?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 3:25 pm

Why dohplaydat feels the need to have to use insults to make a point. Anyway if it was such a matter of life and death the WHO and or UN would have made it mandatory for all member states. I wonder why they haven't said anything to that nature.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 3:29 pm

Penguin wrote:

Since u so smart explain to me how they can trace that at a particular point in time, and at this precise location (that is at this door knob for example) my actions gave this person covid 19. Cause in the court of law the burden of proof lies on the prosecution. So how the prosectution can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that i gave this person covid. Does covid carry over my dna when transmitted to someone? So they can say aye look your dna is present in the covid this person got. U guys think the world is black and white. It rarely is. Anyway as stated earlier please explain how can people be charged for infecting someone with covid (beyond a reasonable doubt). And i am referring to people who do not know that they have the disease. That is people who are not on state quarantine.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » November 21st, 2020, 3:38 pm

elec2020 wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Since u so smart explain to me how they can trace that at a particular point in time, and at this precise location (that is at this door knob for example) my actions gave this person covid 19. Cause in the court of law the burden of proof lies on the prosecution. So how the prosectution can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that i gave this person covid. Does covid carry over my dna when transmitted to someone? So they can say aye look your dna is present in the covid this person got. U guys think the world is black and white. It rarely is. Anyway as stated earlier please explain how can people be charged for infecting someone with covid (beyond a reasonable doubt). And i am referring to people who do not know that they have the disease. That is people who are not on state quarantine.

Because the point many have been making in this thread is going straight over your head.

They are saying, if you don't take a vaccine when it's available, and you spread covid, you are responsible indirectly for killing those people (if they die).

Especially if you can be an asymptomatic carrier! You need to be responsible and wear a mask at all times around other people, unless they give you permission too.

If you and many others refuse to take a vaccine, then if you all rejoin a maskless society and spread covid, then it should be a deemed a criminal offence, because you have put others at risk. I see you brought up human rights, well think of the others your irresponsibility can affect!

Now charging people for this isn't realistic, but i think they were alluding to a matter of principle.

Your actions for rejecting the vaccine should be faced with society rejecting your presence, unless you wear a mask at all times. That is all.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 21st, 2020, 3:47 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
killercow wrote:

Simply put:

I think his point flew over y'all heads there.

If you don't take it, then you should be prepared to wearing masks around everyone.

And it's a valid point, if you do spread covid to someone then you should be charged.

So you want to jail people ?

Jail for not taking a vaccine ?

What do you do in your spare time ?

Besides terrorize your family or BF while asleep in a cocus hammock :drinking:

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 21st, 2020, 3:49 pm

elec2020 wrote:Why dohplaydat feels the need to have to use insults to make a point. Anyway if it was such a matter of life and death the WHO and or UN would have made it mandatory for all member states. I wonder why they haven't said anything to that nature.

Dude vaccines are like masks, they aren't just there to protect you, they're there to protect others as well.

Didn't many countries make masks mandatory...

Also, it's too soon for WHO and others to call for this, because there simply won't be enough vaccines to vaccinate everyone for some time.

However, the high risk, elderly, front line and other high exposure jobs should be first. Then every one else.

We need society back to normal bro, I f*cking hate the lack of human interaction, economic fallout, no parties and carnival lifestyle.

Maybe you want everyone to suffer like you, but some of us want to to return to normal life asap.

And for that matter, these new vaccines literally have very very low risk for long term side effects. The major sides are short term and then they're gone.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 4:28 pm

Very low risk for long term side effects? Based on what evidence? The scientists used a time machine to transport the vaccine trialists into the future to see what happened with long term exposure to the vaccine. Sorry i missed that memo. Anyway, unlike many i understand the restrictions. I accept not being able to socialise like i used to. But i not so thusty to get back that level of socialisation that i willing to place my health and possible health of my unborn children at risk cause as far as i know no one on this earth is yet to know the long term effects of the vaccines out there.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 4:34 pm

Penguin wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Because the point many have been making in this thread is going straight over your head.

They are saying, if you don't take a vaccine when it's available, and you spread covid, you are responsible indirectly for killing those people (if they die).

Especially if you can be an asymptomatic carrier! You need to be responsible and wear a mask at all times around other people, unless they give you permission too.

If you and many others refuse to take a vaccine, then if you all rejoin a maskless society and spread covid, then it should be a deemed a criminal offence, because you have put others at risk. I see you brought up human rights, well think of the others your irresponsibility can affect!

Now charging people for this isn't realistic, but i think they were alluding to a matter of principle.

Your actions for rejecting the vaccine should be faced with society rejecting your presence, unless you wear a mask at all times. That is all.

If that is a crime then i would be charged. Don't try to make up laws here. There is no law that states that u or anyone in this world can put whatever the hell u want into my body. I am a private citizen with human rights as outlined in the constitution of the republic of tnt. If i don't want no vaccine cause idk what the hell it would do to me long term then that is my choice. If i knowingly have it and infect other people then i do sheit. But i am not saying that. In fact most people who not willing to take the vaccine right now not saying that we going to stop wear our masks and wash our hands. Off course we will still do that. We just want to wait and see how u guys who rushing the vaccine turn out. Don't try to guilt us into taking it bout think of being socially responsible. U thinking about being socially responsible by demanding that i take a rushed vaccine where the long term consequences are unkown? U compensating me if the vaccine makes me susceptible to cancers or makes my wife susceptible to producing kids with birth defecrs. Move from here. If its a crime for us not to take the vaccine we will be charged and dealt with accordingly. Thats all i have to say

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 21st, 2020, 4:55 pm

A lot of guinea pigs in here.
Anyways, I cool with wearing a mask, and frequent hand washing was a thing I did long before covid, and social distancing removed a LOT of useless clutter humans from my social life.
Whether you take the vaccine or not, Covid-19 is gonna be around for a while. Best people come to terms with that.

What I'm wondering about tho, what's going to be the minimum age where kids can get vaccinated.
Unlike adults, very young children don't have the physical strength to weather diseases and can't get vaccinated for several diseases until they reach a certain age.
What's the minimum age for vaccination with these new vaccines and the potential side effects that occur primarily in kids taking it?

Last thing we want is kids getting vaccinated and end up getting really sick or killed, all because of fearmongering and a company's lust for profits or prestige.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 21st, 2020, 5:00 pm

I doh think the Govt can make it mandatory for anyone to get stick with a needle just like they can't force u to get tested or treated for covid (they CAN quarantine you though under the Quarantine Act) . But for certain things like traveling on a flight or enrolling children in schools they can do that, they already require that for schools and covid being under the Quarantine schedule as a dangerous infectious disease would certainly qualify for that

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 21st, 2020, 5:05 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
elec2020 wrote:Why dohplaydat feels the need to have to use insults to make a point. Anyway if it was such a matter of life and death the WHO and or UN would have made it mandatory for all member states. I wonder why they haven't said anything to that nature.

Dude vaccines are like masks, they aren't just there to protect you, they're there to protect others as well.

Also, it's too soon for WHO and others to call for this, because there simply won't be enough vaccines to vaccinate everyone for some time.

However, the high risk, elderly, front line and other high exposure jobs should be first. Then every one else.

We need society back to normal bro, I f*cking hate the lack of human interaction, economic fallout, no parties and carnival lifestyle.

Maybe you want everyone to suffer like you, but some of us want to to return to normal life asap.

And for that matter, these new vaccines literally have very very low risk for long term side effects. The major sides are short term and then they're gone.

The vaccine NOT even ready and you already know ALL this information ?

Maybe you should be the first guinea to take the vaccine and we will observe :lol:

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 21st, 2020, 5:35 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

The vaccine NOT even ready and you already know ALL this information ?

Maybe you should be the first guinea to take the vaccine and we will observe :lol:

Lol idiot tens of thousands of people have already got the vaccine in phase 3 trials.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ical-trial

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... id-19-vacc

There are definitely short term sides like fever, pain and fatigue. However those are short lived.

Long term side effects for these types of vaccines (remember these are all built ontop of proven existing vaccine research) are pretty much non existent at this point.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 6:10 pm

^how can long term side effects not exist when 3 years haven't passed since someone got the vaccine? the articles provided also do not state whether or not long term side effects are anticipated (in the second article in particular the individual did not know if he got the vaccine or not so his statements should be taken with a pinch of salt). as the older heads say. The proof is in the pudding. this is my last comment on long term effects of the vaccine as u have shown time and time again that u have a tendency to resort to insulting people who dare to question u.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 21st, 2020, 6:34 pm

elec2020 wrote:^how can long term side effects not exist when 3 years haven't passed since someone got the vaccine? the articles provided also do not state whether or not long term side effects are anticipated (in the second article in particular the individual did not know if he got the vaccine or not so his statements should be taken with a pinch of salt). as the older heads say. The proof is in the pudding. this is my last comment on long term effects of the vaccine as u have shown time and time again that u have a tendency to resort to insulting people who dare to question u.

Yes I agree :roll:

He have attitude like oman in long time period vaccine trials to change gender :D

And apparently Dolly NOT read the article closely :D

And life normal in T&T .

1. You want to drink - Buy alcohol and drink at home - normal .

2. You can go beach - No problem - normal.

3. You can have your party at home - no problem - normal .

4. You want go gym . Home gym with 2 can of corn for biceps - normal .

Dolly what is NOT normal ?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 21st, 2020, 6:44 pm

Question for the Tuner biomedical engineers.... is this COVID19 vaccine the first mRNA type vaccine to be used on humans or are any other vaccines currently in use based on that type of technology?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 21st, 2020, 6:51 pm

Gladiator wrote:Question for the Tuner biomedical engineers.... is this COVID19 vaccine the first mRNA type vaccine to be used on humans or are any other vaccines currently in use based on that type of technology?

You need at least 30,000 people to test the vaccine.

So that should cover ALL police , politicians , first risk peeps etc., in Trinidad.

Then see how Trinidad DNA is affected :D

Trini DNA is different .

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54902908

" Moderna has developed an "RNA vaccine" - it means part of the coronavirus's genetic code is injected into the body.
This starts making viral proteins, but not the whole virus, which is enough to train the immune system to attack.
It should train the body to make both antibodies - and another part of the immune system called T-cells to fight the coronavirus "

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 21st, 2020, 8:35 pm

redmanjp wrote:I doh think the Govt can make it mandatory for anyone to get stick with a needle just like they can't force u to get tested or treated for covid (they CAN quarantine you though under the Quarantine Act) . But for certain things like traveling on a flight or enrolling children in schools they can do that, they already require that for schools and covid being under the Quarantine schedule as a dangerous infectious disease would certainly qualify for that
Employers can currently require vaccinations, educational levels, drug testing, no carrying of weapons, restriction of use of profanity, dress codes, and clean criminal backgrounds as conditions of continuing employment or even presence on grounds.

The restrictions fall under the auspices of at will employment.

You can be restricted from a retailer's premises, airline or other common carrier, hotel, resort, theater, restaurant, or casino, also.

You can opt out of taking a vaccine - just stay at home and it will not matter.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 21st, 2020, 9:40 pm

Employers can for those that are non unionized however if unionized that will be huge challenge I foresee great struggle for the entire public service to take such
adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:I doh think the Govt can make it mandatory for anyone to get stick with a needle just like they can't force u to get tested or treated for covid (they CAN quarantine you though under the Quarantine Act) . But for certain things like traveling on a flight or enrolling children in schools they can do that, they already require that for schools and covid being under the Quarantine schedule as a dangerous infectious disease would certainly qualify for that
Employers can currently require vaccinations, educational levels, drug testing, no carrying of weapons, restriction of use of profanity, dress codes, and clean criminal backgrounds as conditions of continuing employment or even presence on grounds.

You can be restricted from a retailer's premises, airline or other common carrier, hotel, resort, theater, restaurant, or casino, also.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 10:07 pm

^ that precisely. It is not as cut and dry as pro-vaccinators think. Every change in your terms of employment cannot be passed before consulting the union. So its not like employees must just accept that i hadda take the vaccine else the boss man gah leh me go.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 21st, 2020, 10:57 pm

hover11 wrote:Employers can for those that are non unionized however if unionized that will be huge challenge I foresee great struggle for the entire public service to take such
adnj wrote:

To my understanding, not even in a non unionized workplace can an employer insist that staff get vaccinated or face dismissal.
Contrary to popular belief, it's beyond the scope of an employer's authority to demand that current employees take a vaccine in order to remain employed or that refusal of such can be grounds for lawful dismissal. An employer has authority over what you may or may not be allowed to do on their premises, but has zero authority over how you treat your body and what you put in it.
Look at it like this
You work at a company, and there is a common cold going around. Your employer says "everyone must take a tylenol cold and flu tablet in front of management when they arrive, ño exceptions, whether they have symptoms or not"
Who is your employer to mandate that you MUST do that or get fired, to take medication for a condition that you may not get?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 11:26 pm

^ it similar to how the workforce treats HIV positive individuals. Refusal to hire those unfortunate enough to have the illness or fire them after the fact can open them to litigation. So why one rule for HIV and another for people who prefer to keep themselves exposed to covid-19 till the long-term effects of the vaccine are known entirely. Still we have to see what canada and new zealand do as i think without a doubt the vaccine will essentially be mandatory there (can't go to work, to the groceries, etc). so we will have to see how the international courts rule on this

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”