i keep busting my rear engine mount (transmission mount) and thought it was time to polyurethane the beyotch.
hope this will come as some help to noobs like me.
you can get polyurethane at laughlin and de gannes for $52 a tube (3M),
or at matura auto supplies in st. james (got this info from ninja boost).
i would've prefered the mixture, as packing the polyurethane in was hard as ass without a gun.
step 1 : wash the mount rubber with some soft detergent (i.e. squeezy), to get all the dirt, dust and grime that would cause unsticking.
step 2 : After i left it to dry, i used a blow dryer to get out any left over wet spots.
step 3 : I used a rough edged drill bit to make the side walls and rubber bits course so that the polyurethane will adhese better. you can also use heavy sandpaper, so a drill isn't necessary.
step 4 : After using the drill (or sandpaper whatever you choose) to get out all those loose bits of rubber and roughen the inside, it looked like this.
step 5 : Cut out round shapes from the cardboard to cover the ends of the mount. i layered it with scotch tape (use parcel tape, much much easier) so that it wouldn't stick to the polyurethane when i pull it off.
figure 1. it should look something like this when you're done
figure 2. different angle
step 6 : i didn't get a shot in after i packed it polyurethane, cos my hands were covered in it, so i have some reference shots here, of the mixture after being poured in the mount as well as how you should use the cardboard.
step 7 : after packing the mount, seal both sides and leave to dry for a minimum of 24 hours. this is what mine looked like. i would recommend using the duct tape instead, as it holds better and makes easier clean up.
don't forget to wear gloves or something for better clean up, this sheit is not coming off anytime soon.
FINISHED!! now go and drink a beer, you've wasted too much time on your car!