Forums

Japanese D.V.D Conversion

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

FURIOUSBENNY
3NE 2NR for life

Japanese D.V.D Conversion

Postby FURIOUSBENNY » July 26th, 2006, 12:47 pm

I had an earlier post up similar to this topic.Although related this is on a different angle.

With the original built in D.V.D/G.P.S screens that comes in some foreign used cars, can I use an external D.V.D player to play and just stream it thru the screen in the car.Will I still need a T.V tuner if I go this way and again how simple will this be to do ?

Someone was telling me about a C.D (Japanese) that is inserted into the stock player and then an external player is used.Anyone knows about this?

Sheldon SBS
Street 2NR

jap

Postby Sheldon SBS » July 26th, 2006, 3:55 pm

yeh meh boy furio bunny
i know everything about it!
i will pm yuh

pamay
Ricer

Postby pamay » July 27th, 2006, 9:14 pm

I want that same info you are going to pass on to him
my email is pamay@cariaccess.com so give some details if you can

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: jap

Postby ~Vēġó~ » July 28th, 2006, 11:58 am

Sheldon SBS wrote:yeh meh boy furio bunny
i know everything about it!
i will pm yuh

hey man as yuh say yuh know everything about it, what about a tv tuner for them roro galant......Mines got the gps/nav box in the trunk but it didn't come with the tv module....and dat has some rca inputs so as to run external source...... yuh could source somethiing?

Hit meh a pm too........

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » July 28th, 2006, 2:22 pm

If the car came with say an Alpine head unit, could you use the TV Tuner from north america on the unit and will it work properly?

nigel1977
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nigel1977 » July 28th, 2006, 3:44 pm

why the PMs?

This info should be made available cus real men have similar problems with their factor dvd/tv systems

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » July 28th, 2006, 8:01 pm

I PM this man (Sheldon SBS) asking for his contact n business location...no reply yet...doh waste allya time :roll:

FURIOUSBENNY that might be sorta complicated and bulk of equipment in your dash, might be simpler to get a 7-10" screen for your dvd player... just a suggestion

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » July 28th, 2006, 10:03 pm

^^^may be cheaper too....... but it would look good to have images displayed on one's stock screen.....

pamay
Ricer

Postby pamay » July 28th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Dudes when i contacted the guys from Japan and Singapore i was told i wouldnt work as the DVD player region code was hard wired and cant be changed and as for the TV tuner you need a decoder and most of them are of the coaxial type ours is built in. it someone makes auniversial one PLEASE let us all know case then i wouldnt be bore in traffic
PS I get 5 cable channels but they all look like negatives, but the audio is great

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » July 29th, 2006, 12:53 am

now vega i think i can help u out with ur screen problem ..however i may need some time and finding out someone to decode japanese... these navi/dvd systems do come with an aux input .. just need to knwo which is the correct button to activate it

and reason i said i need some time with the unit is that i think mitsu is supplied by alpine who has a universal supply so what could be done ( i may be wrong but its an idea) is that since the 'brain' is hardwired into japs region u could replace the player and brain so in effect u usin the original screen just replacing it with a us brain and player..

think of the pioneer/carrozia differences...same units just different regions.. i knwo of some pioneer head units using the carrozia cd changers... so this may just work

btw does ur trunk unit say addzest or mitsu? or just looks oem?

i think there is a way to do it

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » July 29th, 2006, 6:38 pm

:popcorn: ...dis man not easy nah :roll:

one question guys... is this different from the deck with slide out screen that comes in the x-trail :?:

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » July 29th, 2006, 11:10 pm

MonsterPower wrote:
now vega i think i can help u out with ur screen problem ..however i may need some time and finding out someone to decode japanese... these navi/dvd systems do come with an aux input .. just need to knwo which is the correct button to activate it

and reason i said i need some time with the unit is that i think mitsu is supplied by alpine who has a universal supply so what could be done ( i may be wrong but its an idea) is that since the 'brain' is hardwired into japs region u could replace the player and brain so in effect u usin the original screen just replacing it with a us brain and player..

think of the pioneer/carrozia differences...same units just different regions.. i knwo of some pioneer head units using the carrozia cd changers... so this may just work

btw does ur trunk unit say addzest or mitsu? or just looks oem?

i think there is a way to do it

Hey much thanks for your thoughts but I must stop you before you suggest that I scrap the nav box in the trunk.....thing is that box is also responsible for interfacing with my a/c, the controls of which are displayed and adjusted on the screen (touch screen businness nah).....as well as adjusting radio stations and audio settings.....these cannot be done without the screen nor the box.

My problem is that I DID NOT get the tv tuner module (which jacks into the nav box) when I bought the car and I have been, over the past 4 years been trying to source one......but is either my timing off or I just not getting in contact with the correct ppl......If I get one ah dat my business fix for it contains a/v inputs so I could hook up a cheapo dvd player and boom---dvd on meh screen.

So dais my scene...... kalongi was to help meh find something but like he forget de I :lol:

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » July 30th, 2006, 4:41 am

ahhhhhh ....damn japs.....

yeah we have some cars up here coming with the same problems... well not problems but thy just want to integrate everthing in one...
ooh well if u know someone in japan who has a tuning shop or even an install bay u might get lucky...

FURIOUSBENNY
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FURIOUSBENNY » August 8th, 2006, 2:07 pm

People my situation is the same as Vega. When I turn on my a/c or put in a cd everything is cotrolled thru this interactive screen. There is a button marked T.V bold on the player so I assumed that with the use of a tuner at least this function would work...

FURIOUSBENNY
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FURIOUSBENNY » August 9th, 2006, 12:10 pm

Hear this one, it seems all vital elements of this car interface with the screen. Last night my gas run low and a display showing the tank and an arrow pointing to it came up on the screen. In addition to that a female voice started to talk in Chinese thru the car's audio system..So I spoke to an electrician and he said it may be possible to use just an external D.V.D player and run it to use just my screen...

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » August 13th, 2006, 12:26 pm

So I spoke to an electrician and he said it may be possible to use just an external D.V.D player and run it to use just my screen...

I don't think so........ you need to get the necessary equipment to interface with the main unit that is responsible for controlling what appears on the screen....... the touch screen is not a simple lcd display with some rca inputs to do what the electrician suggesting that you do......usually the tuner would have input rca's so yuh good to go.....the problem is to get one!!!!! and that is my quandry....

FURIOUSBENNY
3NE 2NR for life

D.V.D

Postby FURIOUSBENNY » August 21st, 2006, 2:55 pm

Thanks man..Really thought it sounded too good to be true..I'll continue checking around though...

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » August 25th, 2006, 2:46 pm

do that and holla back when you find something........if wherever yuh go ask for the galant tv tuner one time nah plz :D

FURIOUSBENNY
3NE 2NR for life

Japanese D.V.D

Postby FURIOUSBENNY » September 14th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Well VegA, I not too sure but there are supposed to be universal T.V tuners for this purpose.Otherwise I give up on the D.V.D conversion, for now at least..Will keep you people posted though...

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » September 18th, 2006, 12:39 am

^^^^once it could be compatible with the master unit in the trunk then I eh mind giving it a tryout.......thing is to find the right person to do this job without damaging my sheit.....

Keptis
Street 2NR

Postby Keptis » November 5th, 2006, 8:22 am

Toyota corolla fielder with tv/cass/cd/am-fm -. I pick up a few stations sometimes clear other times not aoccording to the region of T&T. What can be done to pick up more stations? Sadly, there are no input jacks on the unit to be able to feed a dvd player to be able to use the screen for video. Any suggestions?

Sully
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sully » November 5th, 2006, 8:55 am

What can be done to pick up more stations?

Install DirecTV.

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » November 7th, 2006, 4:42 pm

check your pm Keptis........

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » December 27th, 2006, 4:09 am

ah simple check to see if the screen working with a dvd player is to try one . If you remove your head unit u will see if there is an auxilary input in the back. some of them dont dive u the option to select auxilary input if nothing is plugged into the auxilary input. if u have an auxilary input u could use the output from anydvd deck or even your house dvd and try it . if it shows on your screen then you know if it will work.if not you will have to buya new unit if u want tv.

there is one other issue if the input is ntsc or pal . if is pal then u screwed and cannot do anything about it (for a reasonable cost). doh worry most come ntsc/pal.

About that region code well if u cannot find the hack to convert it just play burn dvd burn dvd are region free.

kieron21
Street 2NR

Postby kieron21 » January 26th, 2007, 9:25 pm

hey fellas,
i have d same chubble as u guys in gettin ah tuner for my 2002 wingroad but ah try ah ting an ah get sum results d odder day but is ah lil headache ting. d navi box under d screen hav 2 big white jacks. one does interface wit d controls and power d screen up and d odder does send d signals to d screen which is wat we see. if yuh disconnect the signal plug d screen will get black but still be powered on. yuh hav to siddong and find d rite pair ah wires dat does sen d signal to d screen. do dis by connectin ah dvd player and cuttin ah rca plug and use d process of elimination and stick the wires into each individual pin until u see d image on d screen.
i find one ah d wires but ah had to abandon d project cuz ah pardnah gyul call an insist ah talk to she. if any body know wey ah could find ah tuner or av any info an bypassin d tv tuner an feedin d screen, gimme ah call @ 355 4332 plz. all ah we in dis sheit together, ah sure we could figure dis out. ppl say iz bess yuh buy ah nex screen buh i is one ah dem who doh believe in screwin up meh interior, and dah chuppid lil box d odder day tell meh da meh spark plugs wanted changin so ah doh wa forsake it if yuh know wa ah mean, an ah doh wa tuh attract no unnecessary attention to meh car either. ah lookin 4wad tuh hearin fum u fellars. till den, keep it cool an take care on d roads.

prelude2madness
Ricer

Postby prelude2madness » February 5th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Wingroad Navi same problem need some advice

ambassador
Riding on 13's

Postby ambassador » September 29th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Hey has anyone figured out how to solve this?

I also have a nav screen and would like to be able to use it for dvds or nav or something.

kieron21
Street 2NR

Postby kieron21 » September 30th, 2009, 8:02 am

i have solve the problem. i now have tv dvd thrugh the stock system. if u guys already seein tv on yours then dvd is no prpblem. contact me

MBC Autotronix
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby MBC Autotronix » November 19th, 2009, 11:38 pm

^ what u did?

eViLwOn
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re:

Postby eViLwOn » June 4th, 2011, 9:23 pm

kieron21 wrote:i have solve the problem. i now have tv dvd thrugh the stock system. if u guys already seein tv on yours then dvd is no prpblem. contact me

Hi Kieron21,
What did you do to get the dvd function to work?
Please PM me when you get time.

Thanxs...

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”