TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: lancer heart transplant

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

illumin@ti
Trinituner Peong

WTK: lancer heart transplant

Postby illumin@ti » March 14th, 2007, 4:38 pm

yeah headz, i was dollying with the idea of hypin up my 4g92 sohc and gettin a '92 mivec. I did some reading and goooooglin and was rappin wit a guy on an austrailian forum. My thing is this - i would seriously like to bump up the performance of the engine without goin for a turbo option. I need the car somewhat driveable as wifey gonna be driving it too and really fellas, yuh know how some women are ' de clutch too hard ' or ' why dat ting makin so much noise' and ah really eh want dat naggin in mih ears. So - how about an upgrade to a 6a12 mivec, would like to know how much this would cost in comparison to a '92 mivec upgrade and if possible a measure of availability of the two engines. i want this baby faster without goin for the constipated sneezing :mrgreen:
Last edited by illumin@ti on March 15th, 2007, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » March 14th, 2007, 5:36 pm

well yea the mivec sounds nice.the 1.6

Stay Tuned
Sweet on this forum

Postby Stay Tuned » March 15th, 2007, 6:33 am

I have a 4g37 SOHC 1.8i cyclone engine if u interested.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 15th, 2007, 10:20 am

Before you do all of that you should ask if the engines you choose have an easy availability of parts or at least where definately brings in stuff for them.

It also pays to know if parts are interchangable among other engines...

You don't want where you end up in a situation that one little solenoid or part goes and because it isn't an easy part to access, you end up with your car being down an uneccessary amount of time.

Cost depends on what type of lancer you drive. is it a CB model or CK?

CB models are older and thus parts are cheaper to an extent.... down side is that with the age of the vehicle certain parts will start to be brought less as newer models in the range enter.

Anyway you look at it, it will cost you more to install the 6cyl 6a12 than the 4cyl 4G92 mivec. Also, the 4g92 mivec, though not the easiest engine to get is easier to aquire than the 6a12.

illumin@ti
Trinituner Peong

Postby illumin@ti » March 15th, 2007, 5:23 pm

its a ck4 with a ' 92 sohc and box

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » March 15th, 2007, 5:24 pm

front and rear brakes with sun roof or the other one...the ck4 without that??

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 15th, 2007, 5:57 pm

illumin@ti wrote:its a ck4 with a ' 92 sohc and box

I love this lil engine and especially as you have a gearbox.......do you have any mods to it?

They respond well to an intake and exhaust upgrade... Nice free flowing filter like K&N and a 2" exhaust will see you some slight improvement.

What size wheels you running? Higer than 15's will hurt accelleration and all around responsiveness a bit.

some 4-1 headers from RPW will also help give you a nice lil pep.

Stick with that engine. It has potential. And parts for that matter

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » March 15th, 2007, 6:15 pm

ey ent u cud turbo tha engine ??

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 15th, 2007, 7:38 pm

You can turbo almot anything.... but he wants to keep N/A... with a lil more power.

illumin@ti
Trinituner Peong

Postby illumin@ti » March 15th, 2007, 9:08 pm

well ,, to date all i done with it is a k&n drop in ,, iridium 5's and full synthetic 10w30- im runnin on 14's so far , as a matter of fact im lookin for a set of original mitsubishi 15's from the 2002 lancer or from a galant. Soon i hope to throw an ACT Street& strip kit in and do the exhaust. Now dont misunderstand, this baby wukkin.. its not that i cant reach to 180. im doin that easily now, its just that i think i could be gettin there a bit sooner if i really tried :mrgreen: As a daily driver, it serves really well. pull off is smooth, accelleration is beefy, everything juss jello right now..... Now i want more :twisted:
there is absolutely not a spec of rice on it, no stickers, not even a lil tint. its exactly as it rolled out of diamond motors 8+ years back

iamjack
3NE 2NR for life

Postby iamjack » March 16th, 2007, 5:49 am

what are the steps if you go about turboing this same said engine (4g92 sohc)?

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » March 16th, 2007, 9:01 am

well ,, to date all i done with it is a k&n drop in ,, iridium 5's and full synthetic 10w30- im runnin on 14's so far , as a matter of fact im lookin for a set of original mitsubishi 15's from the 2002 lancer or from a galant. Soon i hope to throw an ACT Street& strip kit in and do the exhaust. Now dont misunderstand, this baby wukkin.. its not that i cant reach to 180. im doin that easily now, its just that i think i could be gettin there a bit sooner if i really tried As a daily driver, it serves really well. pull off is smooth, accelleration is beefy, everything juss jello right now..... Now i want more
there is absolutely not a spec of rice on it, no stickers, not even a lil tint. its exactly as it rolled out of diamond motors 8+ years back

well in that case, I'd say go ahead with the conversion to MIVEC if you can get.

what are the steps if you go about turboing this same said engine (4g92 sohc)?

W2j may give better advice on this, as he has done the same..

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”