TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Heavy Duty and Light Duty technicalities

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
realjitsu
Riding on 13's

Heavy Duty and Light Duty technicalities

Postby realjitsu » September 9th, 2007, 12:00 am

Hear what, if all yuh answer my questions, it wouldnt just be for me, but for quite a bit of people that asking me the same questions as well.

It have a rel nice Mercedes Benz 280GE Jeep by meh padna. Now the thing is, I still 17 and I'll have a lisence within a few weeks. The problem is, that vehicle REL heavy, and from what my pop's say, I'll hadda have a heavy duty lisence (which I cah get till I 21) if I wanna drive anything like that vehicle. Now personally I cah afford a vehicle like that, I was looking at something like a nissan patrol (2 door). Then I hear from a nex padna that I could drive it but if it loaded then I go need the heavy duty lisence... somebody clear dis ting up fuh meh nuh... answers please? :?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 9th, 2007, 1:02 am

Depends on what it is registered as.

Our Cherokee sport was licensed as a P rivate vehicle, and anyone with a class iii permit, can legally drive it.

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » September 9th, 2007, 1:52 am

even if it's a P or T, you could drive it with class 3.

realjitsu, if it's a jeep, you could drive it. you won't need a heavy-t or extra heavy-t for it.

hondatorque

Postby hondatorque » September 9th, 2007, 8:12 am

good question

realjitsu
Riding on 13's

Postby realjitsu » September 9th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the input fellaz. My pops was telling me that 95/100 times police go stop you (even in a road block they should let you pass) but if it lookin like dey could ruff you up for the sheit of it, they could make yuh life miserable. (Daz if is a REL heavy SUV or truck)

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » September 10th, 2007, 10:23 am

The vehicles go by the MGW... If the MGW is 3500 kgs and over you will need to register it as a class 4 (heavy T) motor vehicle.

But more than likely it will be registered as a Private vehicle and not a transport vehicle cause they dont licence SUV's, station wagons as "T" unless it is registered in a company name... and even then! Is real pressure

Stuckindmud
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Stuckindmud » September 13th, 2007, 2:53 pm

Bleeding freak is right.
It depends on the MGW of the vehicle. Check your regulations booklet , it should have teh range of weights and what class it falls in.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 12th, 2008, 9:52 pm

regarding them class weights,...............i found this on the ministry's website (click the link in the quote)
<a href="http://gov.tt/citizen/service.aspx?id={2CF00D95-BE7E-4456-9048-EDFEFE663A83}">Motor Vehicle Classification</a> wrote:Class 1
Motorcycles

Class 2
Wheel Tractors

Class 3
Light motor vehicles (including private motor cars, taxis with a tare weight not exceeding 2270 kilograms, maxi taxis whatever their tare weight and light goods vehicles not exceeding a maximum gross weight of 2950 kilograms.

Class 4
Heavy motor vehicles (including motor vehicles with a maximum gross weight of more than 2950 kilograms but less than 15240 kilograms).

Class 5
Extra heavy motor vehicles (including motor vehicles with a maximum gross weight of more than 15000 kilograms).

Class 6
Motor omnibuses.

Class 7
Motor vehicles not specified in Classes 1 to 6.

does anyone know the procedure for obtaining a class 4 (heavy T) permit?

Stuckindmud
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Stuckindmud » March 13th, 2008, 10:14 am

The procedure for getting class 4 is the same as a class3 - make an appoinment , write regs , do driving test . bribe the corrupt lic officer. ..

One more thing to know - you WILL be required to do a medical , both for the original issue lic as well as everytime you renew your permit.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 13th, 2008, 10:55 am

Are the regs different? or identical to class 3?

Stuckindmud
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Stuckindmud » March 13th, 2008, 12:03 pm

Regs similar but not the same. There are some specifics to the HeavyT that you`d need to know in addition to the regular stuff
I cant deny the stuff yougot off the site , but the weight ranges sound a bit off.

Some ppl tend to go for a taxi lic. at the same time, because both require the medical be done etc. I didnt.

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » March 16th, 2008, 8:58 am

Class 4 is a little different as you will have to drive the vehicle - usually a 1 ton truck - without looking around behind you or using your rear view mirror. You have to drive with ONLY your side mirrors. Makes sense as it is a cargo carrier.

Regs are different in that they ask you about hitching trailers, axle & tow weights, turning radius, etc etc. All of which can be found in the study guide. btw

Stuckindmud
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Stuckindmud » March 17th, 2008, 5:15 pm

yup
freak is on target there.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 17th, 2008, 7:02 pm

bleedingfreak wrote:Class 4 is a little different as you will have to drive the vehicle - usually a 1 ton truck - without looking around behind you or using your rear view mirror. You have to drive with ONLY your side mirrors. Makes sense as it is a cargo carrier.

Regs are different in that they ask you about hitching trailers, axle & tow weights, turning radius, etc etc. All of which can be found in the study guide. btw

lol, kindof the way i drive the wagon with load, and well the lighter pickups with load. cool. will try to do start this when next i have some free time.

Stuckindmud
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Stuckindmud » March 18th, 2008, 1:23 pm

Goodluck buddy...

be warned though , some lic officers spend too much time with the cars ,
they often think they need some grease to do their job!!

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » March 18th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Heh...

I have experience with this.
They are WAY harder on class 4 and 5 applicants than anything else.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 18th, 2008, 7:29 pm

thanks, BTW, anyone has a soft-copy of the study guide?

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » March 19th, 2008, 6:48 am

i have one......but i cyar throw at you while zoomin down the h/way in the morning..... :lol: :lol:

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » March 19th, 2008, 6:20 pm

wagon r wrote:i have one......but i cyar throw at you while zoomin down the h/way in the morning..... :lol: :lol:

Blue Ranger fella real show off these days boy!

The regs book is like $20 ( i think) in lic off anyways...

Any BTW, if you want to do your driving test same day after you pass regs, you can :)

That's how it works for Heavy T

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”