TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tucson

Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Accent, Tuscon, Veloster, Sonata, i30

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 14th, 2008, 9:23 pm

In 6weeks time they expecting pipe side steps at Auto Air.

Which one of the Viper alarm is better? 791 or 5002? The 5002 is abt $200 more than 791.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 15th, 2008, 12:27 pm

The 791 is still available for sale ?

I got the 5002, main reason was that for the price it came with two remotes..the others all came with one.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 15th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Yes the 791 available at tht store in Gulf City tht has all the music stuff and I saw it at an accessories store opposite Ramai Trace, Debe.

Is tht one of the discontinued ones? Seems quite a few are discontinued and still being sold.

I got an alarm with 2 remotes to. I can't remember which one it is though.:?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 16th, 2008, 4:01 am

Well when I bought it, I went to the store in Valpark, at the time they were the only one in the country registered with DEI so they can really back up the manufacturer's warranty.

Basically, once you get a good warranty, and the store is reputable and the person doing the install knows what they are doing, its all good :)

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 16th, 2008, 5:48 am

I went to a place sorta opposite Debe Police Station.
The people there are very professional and have great after sale service. :D

SS007
Ricer

Postby SS007 » July 16th, 2008, 7:49 am

Hey GeminI did you get your vehicle ???

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 16th, 2008, 10:04 am

Yes I got it and its great :D
I just have to get used to the size and have average width of it to drive in all those narrow roads I go in.

The mirrors kinda tricky to me to because of how it magnifys everything.

Also I would make my first 1000km in abt 2wks. LOL. So I got that appointment already.

Whts average price of other check ups from 5000km etc?

Anywhere else in South have Tucson accessories besides AutoAir?

I got told one set of prices for the accessories and when time to pay AutoAir telling me a different price. I was like I am going to pay wht was quoted to me. So then the lady said ok.
I feel I to quiet people does want to take advantage of me. And worse yet I don't know any better concerning vehicles people does want to take advantage of that.
I always had someone to do all car stuff for me before so is now I doing it for myself, I learning as I go along. :D

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 16th, 2008, 10:35 am

I have nearly reached 45K with mine, its the Diesel one ( the Diesel service is more, so I am told ) and so far with servicing at every 5K the prices varied from $800 to just under 2K ( this was the 40K service)

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 16th, 2008, 10:39 am

You can ask for the maintenance guide booklet, it gives you estimates on the servicing as per their service categories and what each one entails.

I picked up one from in the showroom, you can try there or talk to Reshad / Jamie

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 16th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Yes I got the booklet.
Thanks though :)

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 17th, 2008, 8:01 am

I need some advice.

The silver part they put on over the backlight I noticed tht its raised and I seeing the tape they used to get it to stick. I tried pressing it down to see if it wud hold and stick back but it keeps popping up.

Should I go back to AutoAir and they have to fix it for me? It was installed last Saturday.

SS007
Ricer

Postby SS007 » July 17th, 2008, 8:09 am

I personally don't like AutoAir they are neither customer nor service oriented.
The always try to charge you max price and give you just enough service so you won't cuss them. I prefer people I can deal with. I not going back there.

Anybody found a good bush bar for the Tuscon yet ??

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 17th, 2008, 8:18 am

But I should go back to them to get them to fix it for me right?
I would be Sando area today so I could drop in.
They did try changing prices on me too !

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » July 17th, 2008, 8:27 am

If they did not install it properly, you should go back and politely show them what needs to be addressed.

You may want to ask them why that could have happened to subtly show them that it was on their part and not yours.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 17th, 2008, 1:04 pm

I talk to the woman inside the store and she told me drive into the side.
When I went in there a man told me weather bad and it can't be done now.
He gave me some double stick tape and was showing and telling me how to fix it.

He then was telling me tht sometimes people does pull at it when they looking at it.
I told him I didn't pull at it and nobody else did either. :roll:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 18th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Did any of you change your radio/cd players?
They have size to fit there? :D

Also wht can I use to clean the inside, like the doors, dashboard etc?

Those mats I got get so dirty so easily. I need a mini hand vacuum.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 21st, 2008, 11:48 am

Anyone ever used the FW1 Racing Formula Cleaning Wax?

I got a 17.50oz can but haven't tried it yet.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 21st, 2008, 11:56 am

Gem_in_i wrote:Did any of you change your radio/cd players?
They have size to fit there? :D

Also wht can I use to clean the inside, like the doors, dashboard etc?

Those mats I got get so dirty so easily. I need a mini hand vacuum.

What size head unit you have the single or double DIN ones ?
I don't remember all the different versions mentioned in the manual, but once its DIN or double DIN, you will be able to get something else to fit there.

Getting to the deck is another thing.. :(

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 21st, 2008, 12:03 pm

What is DIN? :?
Its just a radio and cd player.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 21st, 2008, 12:14 pm

I got this from a site, its a nice simple explanation. From what you are saying it sounds like a DIN mount you have, in that case generally all the head units you might find in Trinidad will work.

Single DIN is what most older vehicles use, and the standard dimension on aftermarket radios. If you buy an aftermarket radio, it'll probably be a single DIN size, unless it's larger so it will fit without a mounting bracket. GM's standard for the 90s was 1.5 DIN. Ford has started switching to that size in the late 90s and on. Many Japanese vehicles have the double DIN size.

DIN - "DIN E is the German standard of measurement for most in-dash players to enable sets to be fitted in standard slots."

[DIN]
- A "Euro DIN" receiver (or "E" fit) is the most common size of receiver for both car and boat applications. It has a rectangular chassis that measures about 7" wide by 2" high (depths vary), and loads into the mounting surface from the front. DIN-size receivers slide into a metal or plastic sleeve that attaches to the front of the mounting location. However, your vehicle might require a different receiver size.
[ISO-DIN]
- The "I" and "J" fits are essentially the same dimensions as the DIN receivers, but they do not mount through the mounting sleeve. Instead, they attach directly to the side support system of the factory receiver location. If you do not already have a factory receiver location on your vehicle, you shouldn't purchase an ISO-DIN size receiver. "J" fit receivers have a slightly wider faceplate than do "I" fits. Mounting an "E" or "I" fit receiver into a "J" size hole would leave a slight gap on either side of the faceplate.
[DIN ½ and double DIN]
- Double DIN receivers are 1½ and 2 times the height of DIN-size receivers. Double DIN receivers are also shallower in depth and slightly wider. They can, and usually do house both a cassette deck and a CD player. These receivers are a good choice if you have a shallow mounting location, or if you prefer a larger faceplate."

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 21st, 2008, 12:20 pm

Thanks DW :)

Don't think I would be changing mine anytime soon but was just wondering since I find it look kinda big. LOL.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 21st, 2008, 12:22 pm

If you think that big, the one I have is the CD changer / casette / radio one..that one is really big. Since I dont really use the casette section or the CD part..it's no use to me.

I am looking to change to the in dash DVD screen one, only for the reverse camera to feed to that..but I can wait for prices to drop some more :mrgreen:

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » July 22nd, 2008, 6:10 pm

DW, an observation, would it be safe to say there are few thefts of OEM headunits as compared to after market headunits?

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 22nd, 2008, 8:47 pm

norstar2k wrote:DW, an observation, would it be safe to say there are few thefts of OEM headunits as compared to after market headunits?

I think there would be fewer thefts of the OEM types, simply because more often than not the OEM units do not have extended functionality as presented by the after market type and could be perceived as having a lesser value.

I mean, if two identical cars, say two B13's , same alarm etc, one has the OEM unit, one a Nakamichi...the bandit ( assuming they know about Nak) would go for this one as its a better ROI.

Then there is the "bad mind" bandit, that will rob you or destroy stuff for seeminly no reason...

Just my two cents. :wink:

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 25th, 2008, 6:17 am

So my vehicle was sent back to AutoAir to see wht wud be done abt the tail light accessory tht was coming up.
So the young girl there wud look to argue with the person saying tht last week they told me wht do do and how to fix it etc. They told her tht I know nothing abt fixing anything and thts its their job to repair it. Well she continues arguing and the woman inside comes out and finds out the problem. So I was told at least she had more manners than the young girl.

Anyway they saying after I had it installed rain must have fell or I must have gone and washed the vehicle so thts why its coming off.
But the vehicle was taken to them by the firm on a Saturday to get stuff done and I got vehicle on Monday! I also spoke to the salesman and he said he was there when the young girl was doing it and after he parked the vehicle under the shed at NnM. :?

Anyway I didn't get it fixed ytday becos they were to busy and the rain so its back to them today again. Hope the weather is better today.

Not me and them again. :roll:

SS007
Ricer

Postby SS007 » July 25th, 2008, 7:45 am

SS007 wrote:I personally don't like AutoAir they are neither customer nor service oriented.
The always try to charge you max price and give you just enough service so you won't cuss them. I prefer people I can deal with. I not going back there.

Anybody found a good bush bar for the Tuscon yet ??

Had the identical problem with those AutoAir muffler bearings.... but I don't have time to get on their case. The thing is after the accessory has been stuck on the tail light it is almost impossible to take it out without damaging it.
Hit them where it hurts......... beyotch to N&M to drop them

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 25th, 2008, 7:55 am

SS007, you had tail light problem to? How did you get it fixed? It looks awful raised like tht and both sides are coming up.

They told me come this evening so hope the weather holds up becos they keep saying can't do it when its raining or cloudy.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 25th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Well, the weather was sunny and I went earlier than they told me and I got it fixed.
The young girl who fixed it was nice.
She used strips of the tape instead of small cut pieces.

Anyway hope no more problems and no more business from me for them again.
Last edited by Gem_in_i on July 29th, 2008, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 29th, 2008, 4:17 pm

So I getting used to the size and can confidently drive thru a road like Murray Trace. :D

Just below where the cigarette lighter is have a space tht is perfect for an ipod or a Blackberry :D

You all changed the back mats? I think I need bigger back mats or something for the middle.

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » July 30th, 2008, 6:44 am

Yeah, the mats I got from the firm are a waste. I bought some new bigger ones and got a cargo liner mat. The excess fit really well for the back with the new mats.

Advertisement

Return to “HYUNDAI”