Riding on 17's

Postby Cid » August 20th, 2008, 8:41 am

^^^^
hahahahahah
i kill you!!!!!!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 20th, 2008, 8:43 am

The comment does come off as arrogant garnished with a touch of sour grapes but in all honesty I agree with Ato's comments.

1. Yes the man could do what he want, as we all can. But there exists a certain decorum especially at the Olympics. All that Ato is saying is that the man should have reserved the celebration for afterwards. And no, there's no rule that says that you cannot celebrate before you cross the line. It's simply an expected form of behaviour similar in nature to what is expected of cricketers in the "Gentleman's game."

2. Bolt's technique IS flawed. Being a tall man he's at a disadvantage in the 100m because it's harder for tall men to get a good start out of the block. They're better suited to the 200m and upwards where their long strides can compensate for the poor start. All Ato is saying is that he has work to do to become better.

If one takes his comments at face value and stop trying to impute nasty motives then they actually make sense...8-)

Cid
Riding on 17's

Postby Cid » August 20th, 2008, 8:47 am

what if in de 200m bolt start to do he anticks again before the race done and ah man pass him voosh......

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » August 20th, 2008, 8:51 am

to hell with what Ato say.....

....WTF was up with the fake US accent.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....as patch would say....what a poocee... :!:

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » August 20th, 2008, 8:56 am

:lol:

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » August 20th, 2008, 8:58 am

wagon r, prob since he works for an american network he try to speak so d ppl who actually views the station would understand him, as alot of americans dont understand what trini ppl say due to our local accent...

ever thought about that?

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » August 20th, 2008, 9:00 am

No JJ, American people do not understand what trinis say when they speak in slang and do not complete sentences and eat up words.

A fake accent is TOTALLY unnecessary.

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » August 20th, 2008, 9:02 am

well crazybalhead, i didnt hear his accent..so i wont really comment..since i didnt view him on NBC....

also i know some americans complain cause they say trini's speak 2 fast..so i do agree with the eat up words part...but idk maybe he has his reasons yes...

but hasnt ato been living in the states like over 10years now??

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » August 20th, 2008, 9:13 am

personally i dont have a prob with pointers...but why go into all that stuff about disrespect to the olympics and other runners...the man did not dis anyone....the guy was jus excited, ato knos this you kno....why not more positives

snowman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby snowman » August 20th, 2008, 9:17 am

I'm one of those who thinks Ato is jealous. When Ato won heats in the Olympics before, he walked around with his chest all outside like WTF...Yeah his celebration was a bit immature concerning the timing, but none of us knowsthe feeling he got when he got ahead of that pack, and looked left and right and saw nonne next to him. He couldn't contain his joy.

Ato just jealous, that a a younger caribbean runner with a flawed technique broke the world record and brought home gold...something he tried and failed to do.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » August 20th, 2008, 9:17 am

JJ....i have friends living in the states for over 15years and they have no accent...

...but if the network paying big money to sit and nit pick yuh fellow caribbean brother....jus to prove why americans are better than everyone else....

...."yyyeeaahh, i would like a side of white meat and fries...with a coke."..

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » August 20th, 2008, 9:18 am

hear, hear

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » August 20th, 2008, 9:20 am

let ato STFU

the 100m is the top race in the Olympics if there is one race to watch this is it.

If it were an American celebrating in such a manner Ato and NBC would never have opened their trap.

Sad that a man cannon celebrate such a moment without being criticized.

Look how the Americans and others celebrate,steups. fork them.

Hope Bolt celebrates in the same manner for the 200m :twisted:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 20th, 2008, 9:22 am

dont take it personally against ato
he is being paid to talk what they want to hear
he have bills to pay like everybody else

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » August 20th, 2008, 9:28 am

hydroep wrote:The comment does come off as arrogant garnished with a touch of sour grapes but in all honesty I agree with Ato's comments.

1. Yes the man could do what he want, as we all can. But there exists a certain decorum especially at the Olympics. All that Ato is saying is that the man should have reserved the celebration for afterwards. And no, there's no rule that says that you cannot celebrate before you cross the line. It's simply an expected form of behaviour similar in nature to what is expected of cricketers in the "Gentleman's game."

2. Bolt's technique IS flawed. Being a tall man he's at a disadvantage in the 100m because it's harder for tall men to get a good start out of the block. They're better suited to the 200m and upwards where their long strides can compensate for the poor start. All Ato is saying is that he has work to do to become better.

If one takes his comments at face value and stop trying to impute nasty motives then they actually make sense...8-)

I agree with you 100%.

I would not be quick to criticize Ato's comments - coming from an EXPERIENCED CHAMPION as himself. And hearing anything here on 2nr - be it comments or the tone of those comments - should not immediately be taken as gospel.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 20th, 2008, 9:33 am

I wonder if he was shorter if he would still win :|

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » August 20th, 2008, 9:48 am

de man technique might be flawed but clearly it doesn't matter, once you could time the gun, stay in lane and cross that finish line, it doesn't matter what else happens in between. If he wanted to put on a pappy show and run backwards in the last 10 meters then so be it :lol: Bolt is ah boss...

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » August 20th, 2008, 10:02 am

~Street Sleeper~ wrote:Image

Ato is ah arse!!!

Because he feel he name "BOLdan" and he did not make the whole word BOLT he vex and jealous.....

could never have win ah gold medal in de first place, with dis kinda attitude.......

:? :?

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr. Go Slow » August 20th, 2008, 10:03 am

Bob Costas, Ato Boldon Rip Usain Bolt for 'Disrespectful' 100-Meter Celebration:
http://olympics.fanhouse.com/2008/08/18 ... ul-100-me/

Jamaica's Usain Bolt is one of the stories of the Olympic Games, a stunning sprinter whose world record performance in winning the gold medal in the 100-meter dash won't soon be forgotten.

Unfortunately, the way Bolt finished the 100-meter dash -- by celebrating, yelling and slapping his chest before crossing the finish line -- won't soon be forgotten, either. There is talk that Bolt might have intentionally slowed down in an attempt to keep the world record within reach of him breaking it again, and today on NBC, both Olympics host Bob Costas and track and field commentator (and former Olympic sprinter) Ato Boldon criticized Bolt's actions.

Costas called Bolt's disrespectful to his competitors, to the Olympic Games and to the fans who deserved to see Bolt at his best. And Boldon went even further: "It was a display that should not have been there," Boldon said. "You kids at home, this is not how you behave as an Olympic champion."

Although I love watching Bolt run and think he seems like a fine young man, I have to agree with Costas and Boldon: Bolt didn't finish the race the way he should have. I hope he wins the gold in the 200 meters, and I hope he runs at full speed until he crosses the finish line.

Tags: Usain Bolt, UsainBolt

From the comments:

"Hey schell, Costas doesn't do baseball games, he does football games. Get it right... Bolt looked like a retard out there jumping up and down. Too bad it is the highlight of his career. He will be back to selling drugs in Jamaica soon."

"happy for you man..it's sad to hear a jealous over the hill wannabe track star criticising bolt for celebrating his LARGE WIN.. i sat there in disbelief listening to ato boldon bad mouthing a historical event something he has never been able to do..SHAME ON YOU ATO BOLDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Listen you muffler bearing, if it were an anthlete from the USA you all like to call "America" while forgetting that the whole region is America divided in North, Central and South America, nobody would say anyhting about drugs. Its amazing how the "Americans" are not dominating since atheletes are being tested 4 times before the game and several times after winning.

How come is it appears to be cheating when Bolt wins but not when Phelps sweep 8 gold medals?

You go Bolt! Beat your chest again. To hell with Phantom, Bolan and Costas... muffler bearings all...

In closing, I have clips of Gatlin and his team mate 'grand standing' and having a converversation while winning a 100meters 1-2 at the world games while Bolon was still competing. Where was he and Costas then?

To hell with you all... Go Bolt, go!!!"

IDRC
Ricer

Postby IDRC » August 20th, 2008, 10:23 am

bolt just demolish the 200m

IDRC
Ricer

Postby IDRC » August 20th, 2008, 10:23 am

New world record

TK!
Riding on 18's

Postby TK! » August 20th, 2008, 10:25 am

GVTrini07 wrote:Not to mention setting a 9.69 :shock: If the man techniques is flawed and all that stuff leh Ato do better... IMO - "Typical fox and Grapes scenario"

like hell yeah... why ato didnt win a f--ing gold eh?

cause he alllllways like to run he mouth more than he legs!

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » August 20th, 2008, 10:36 am

beat yuh chest man!!!!

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » August 20th, 2008, 10:37 am

"I am number one" Usain Bolt

saxman642
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby saxman642 » August 20th, 2008, 10:53 am

Well seeing that Bolt JUST broke WR again for his 200m gold medal. and did the race the "proper way" maybe Ato will quiet himself now...

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » August 20th, 2008, 11:24 am

So... he was right, then?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 20th, 2008, 11:28 am

evo-STI-k wrote:like too much caffiene gone tuh he head after Ato-teaparty ah wha?

Ato has always had an attitude problem, he was cocky then and hes an imbicil now!
before going into his olympics he was practically bragging about how good he was and was almost saying he was alredy celebrating!

he want america- let him go there and STAY there!

:lol: :lol:
Ato is simply saying what his(American) employers want to hear!

snowflake

Postby snowflake » August 20th, 2008, 11:32 am

typical fox and grapes!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 20th, 2008, 11:40 am

Terran wrote:So... he was right, then?
No cuz he broke the 100m record running the "wrong" type of race :roll: UBolt is simply phenomenal! If what's taught by traditional T&F coaches is not his technique,so what? Michael Johnson was said to have NOT able to achieve the times that he did with his tech. :wink: It's admittedly irksome for him not to be a Trini,but he is our Caribbean brethren, and simply he is an exceptional athlete.

joel
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joel » August 20th, 2008, 11:46 am

now everybody get emotional and I will admit when i first heard it i was upset too,but Costas did put Ato in a spot there, Ato really had no choice... he tryin to please the american boss so he could get ahead...and i dont think he meant that bolt was totally disrespectful, just that he shoulda run thru the line then do his thing, respect the race...
Is just a comment HE made and its his opnion, personally i doh find it make a difference if yuh celebrate during or after...bolt musbe couldnt even contain he own emotions...( i find he shoulda turn round when he pass and call walter dix to come thru lol)
Ato has been biggin up usain bolt for the longest while so i do not believe it is sour grapes. The comment will cause emotion because people not thinkin a lil bit in the context of what he sayin...but then again Ato should lead by example because he was one of the cockiest sprinters in his time and did some real sheit...So he should expect people will give him talk for bein a hypocrite

By de way tho, all jamaicans not aginast trinis, on other wbsites they real supportin the whole of the caribbean, everybody glad for churandy martina and thompson and the rest..big up to all ah we athletes from the caribbean...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”