Forums

Concerned Drag Racers of Trinidad and Tobago

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 6th, 2009, 9:46 pm

The following is a letter being sent out to invite all persons who are concerned about the future of Drag Racing in T&T to a meeting at The Tower in Grand Bazaar at 5:00pm on Saturday 25th April 2009:

As a lot of you motorsport fans may not know, in order for motorsport/especially drag racing to move forward there needs to be proper management and accountability in the sport. In an effort to bring about harmony and a greater degree of professionalism, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago mandated that ALL motorsport bodies come together under one umbrella body. Therefore each Association or body may then present their non clashing collaborated racing schedule/agendas through the NSO and then to the Ministry of Sport for their fixed date approvals and budget recommendations. Such a body does exist, and is being recognized by the Ministry of Sport, comprising of six forms of automotive disciplines, they are -:

• TTKA – T&T Karting Association – Karting
• TTRC – Trinidad & Tobago Rally Club – Rally
• TTMF – Trinidad & Tobago Motorsport Federation
• TORMATT – The Off Road Motocross Association Trinidad & Tobago
• CARS – Creative Auto Recreational Sports (Solodex)
• ARA – Auto sport Racing Association – Drag Racing

The Ministry is desirous that each body have an equal representation & have an equal say in how motorsport on the whole moves forward and in a manner that will be beneficial to all involved in the sport.

However with the exception of drag racing the other bodies have an avenue to participate and develop their form of discipline, a few have even received monitory grants to promote events.

Why is this possible? Because they have banded together and became organized with a formal structure and membership, displaying transparency and accountability, enabling the said organization to receive a more serious and negotiable ear from the Government. The Minister of Sport (Mr. Gary Hunt) has clearly noted that before a body/association can be recognized for any form of assistance, this necessary structure must be implemented.

What to do? We the concerned drag racers being advised to take an initiative from the Ministerial agency on how to propose a much needed temporary facility must unite, form an association with a high membership, propose a few suitable venues subjected for review via a body/ association along with a formal letter head.

Today there is a burning desire for the voice of Drag Racers to be heard, especially after we have been used and abused by controllers, who, often without a conscience seek after their own interest. It’s about time that we have a collective voice that represents the Drag Racing fraternity. If this togetherness can be properly harnessed, only then will we have the best chance to lobby for a permanent racing facility in T&T.

Time however is of the essence, the fact is, if you attended the Sport Minister’s open forum on February 7th 2009, the Ministry is now looking at this whole matter of an NSO. Where do we stand when this happens? Quite frankly NO WHERE! Because we have no joint voice.

We the concerned Drag Racers; understand that you would have concerns and reservations about an association of this nature that has been tried time and time again but failed to manifest. We hope you see the need as we do. To be part of an association in multiplying our voice and support to go along with our venue proposal (for ) which the government has been waiting for.

We the concerned Drag Racers; Hope that you will join with us in supporting the already established and Government recognized representing Association, who awaits our support and is standing by to address your questions, concerns and suggestions to progress forward and mobilize towards a racing facility in Trinidad not (only) just for an even but for a home. Of course the question would be WHY THEM (ARA).

Well, we see no reason to re-invent the wheel in this case; such an association already exists and is in a well established position to take us off the streets and make us use our slicks again, but this time without hypocrisy, in the past, too much room has been left for error and we have suffered under the invisible rule of resistance to change and the selfish wants of exploiters to the mentioned rule. Whether you know it or not the fact is Drag Racing has two accepted representatives in this new proposed body. Why not take advantage of this opportunity?
How do we take advantage of the current situation with a win-win situation for all parties?

We the concerned Drag Racers, Invite you to a gathering for all seriously interested persons at The Tower in Grand Bazaar at 5:00pm on Saturday 25th April 2009. Where more discussions, concerns and suggestions about this Association and its benefits will be addressed. Please make every effort to attend.

For more information you can contact
Brian: 767-5135, Stephen: 773-8838, Linzi: 683-7321
Last edited by Duane 3NE 2NR on May 1st, 2009, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

playerskrew
Riding on 17's

Postby playerskrew » April 7th, 2009, 10:48 am

Well said....I'll be there........
Last edited by playerskrew on April 7th, 2009, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » April 7th, 2009, 10:52 am

hmmmmm

ray d saint
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ray d saint » April 7th, 2009, 10:59 am

Will make an effort to be there....

This is another step in the right direction, and all it takes is a few steps to get started...

:)

zodiaque
CARS Member

Postby zodiaque » April 7th, 2009, 11:18 am

Will be there.

Mini Charles
Ricer

Postby Mini Charles » April 7th, 2009, 11:48 am

confirmed attendance

Sweet on this forum

Postby 7381 » April 7th, 2009, 12:20 pm

i will make every effort to be there

horsepwrjunki
punchin NOS

Postby horsepwrjunki » April 7th, 2009, 12:50 pm

.. i'l try to be there but in the mean time as circuit have a place to partake in their discpline some one pls point me to the track?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » April 7th, 2009, 2:26 pm

horsepwrjunki wrote:.. i'l try to be there but in the mean time as circuit have a place to partake in their discpline some one pls point me to the track?

by the cursor, so i hear.
<iframe src="http://wikimapia.org/#lat=10.2571018&lon=-61.4705014&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=1" width="800" height="600"></iframe>

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » April 7th, 2009, 6:47 pm

wagonrunner, :roll: :roll: :roll:

bOOsTmaN
Sweet on this forum

Postby bOOsTmaN » April 7th, 2009, 11:41 pm

i think this is a step in the right direction... time for those small islands to stop making fun of trinis because they have a track to call home and we dont!

I'll be most present to listen and share my views as i am serious about this sport!

787B
Street 2NR

Postby 787B » April 8th, 2009, 12:08 am

I will be there, we need to take the initiative to move forward

Garrett Inside
Trinituner Peong

Postby Garrett Inside » April 8th, 2009, 2:11 pm

i'm going,
But what are our desired objectives at the conclusion of the meeting?

I know that the end goal is a track...... i hope that this meeting can make a difference and the infighting can finally end.

All i'm looking for is a place to run mih lil ole car...............in safety out of the street.

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » April 8th, 2009, 3:55 pm

I may come but not really concerned, with Tam opening a private track in tobago, i am sure that will come true sooner than anything with the gov't

pay to race, prob better facilities and no bumping of heads

ImamurA
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ImamurA » April 8th, 2009, 7:31 pm

as circuit have a place to partake in their discpline

dey have a place to circuit yuh car?

MAZTUNE
Riding on 17's

Postby MAZTUNE » April 9th, 2009, 12:46 am

will try get all our related mazda ppls to attend.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » April 9th, 2009, 2:43 pm

woot :lol:

Rx
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Rx » April 9th, 2009, 5:47 pm

thanx for the heads up , Duane. Will pass on this info to the guys and gals @ TSOC.

toyotajumbie
Trinituner Peong
Location: GOD without man is still GOD but man without GOD is nothing

Postby toyotajumbie » April 10th, 2009, 6:34 am

I'll be there.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » April 14th, 2009, 7:36 pm

would love to make it ....but can't... hope something positive comes out..

JWT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby JWT » April 14th, 2009, 9:09 pm

i dey
:mrgreen:

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » April 23rd, 2009, 11:52 am

many of the concerns of drag racers were raised during the last consultation with the minister of sport so most likely this will b a rehash of those concerns. The average drag racers major concern right now is that of a venue to master his/her craft... it will be interesting 2 see what resolutions will come out of this meeting and and how this will aid in addressing this major concern..drag racers..street racers... r no longer lobbying 4 a permanent home for motorsport ..at this time man just want 2 run dey cars.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » April 23rd, 2009, 12:00 pm

nigie wrote:many of the concerns of drag racers were raised during the last consultation with the minister of sport so most likely this will b a rehash of those concerns.
It was my understanding that this meeting/discussion was about representation, i.e. forming or joining a body to represent us.

I hope to be there this Saturday.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » April 26th, 2009, 1:48 am

twas 'interesting'

Dragsta
punchin NOS

Postby Dragsta » April 26th, 2009, 11:27 am

^so it looking promising??

Advil
Riding on 16's
Location: searching for an avatar that will not offend the idiots

Postby Advil » April 26th, 2009, 2:18 pm

or is it a dolly show to keep the baby from crying?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » April 26th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Sinister_Audio wrote:twas 'interesting'

so nothing else to say on the meeting??

shawn363
Riding on 13's

Postby shawn363 » April 26th, 2009, 4:48 pm

Advil wrote:or is it a dolly show to keep the baby from crying?

hmm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SR20VE-T
Street 2NR

Postby SR20VE-T » April 26th, 2009, 9:49 pm

basically ARA (Autosport Racing Association) needs our support so they can go to the government with a proposition for a permanant home for drag racing.

Correct me if i am wrong.

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » April 26th, 2009, 10:21 pm

ole talk as usual den

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”