TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Price Listings for new Pickups

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Re: Price Listings for new Pickups

Postby *Phoenix* » June 17th, 2010, 9:22 pm

$ 188,531.00

Bess Deal there..
Too bad Sat is a holiday...
Gotta pass and see if they have stock...

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 23rd, 2010, 8:16 pm

Stopped in the Ford dealership this afternoon while getting the frontier serviced.

Top of the line Thunder - $259K OTR
Fully powered XLT w/o sidesteps or roll-bars - $189K OTR

Made a request with one of the sales reps to find out if the Thunder with a manual trans. can be specially ordered from the Thailand plant (currently they only offer the Thunder with 3.0L TDCi in Automatic).

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 23rd, 2010, 8:54 pm

Wow!! they raised the price on the fully dressed Thunder - this one comes with the full leather interior, roll bars , reverse camera , tray liner etc - compared this to the hilux it is still cheaper tho - maybe i should put up my ranger for sale and see home much i can get.........:)

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 23rd, 2010, 9:07 pm

Yup, that's with:

- leather seats
- fully powered windows/mirrors
- 6-cd/mp3 changer
- Altimeter in center console
- Rollbar & sidesteps (not the tubular bar - the actual flat step with illuminating light)
- Foglights
- 4x4 Automatic
- 3.0L TDCi
- 16-inch alloys
- Thunder-sticker

Sales rep said he's not sure if they do come in Manual, but he'll check for me with the plant in thailand.

Also asked him if the 4x2 models come with an LSD in the rear axle. Saw in a Ford Thailand video from a representative stating that all of the 4x2 models come standard with LSD, something that the other companies don't put in their 4x2.

Should know about all of this soon.

And yes, $260K for FULLY LOADED ranger is still cheaper than a STANDARD Hilux (3.0 D4D, cloth seats, automatic trans, powered windows/mirrors, sidesteps but NO roll-bar, NO foglights) - starting at $265K OTR. I'd still take an XLT model with added rollbar/sidesteps over a basic hilux, for their prices at Ford.

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 23rd, 2010, 9:27 pm

^^^^ Yeah sell yuh Ranger nah civic minded!!! ^^^^

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 24th, 2010, 6:12 am

Right now it have 12k - how much you think i can get ? Remember mines is the thunder - undressed

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 24th, 2010, 11:20 am

I think if you sell you could get a Hilux.. Then you really in the game..
I donno home much you could get but am sure it will be a good price..
Put it on Trincarsforsale and see what kinda response you get nah!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 24th, 2010, 4:11 pm

nah i am not buying the hilux - i will buy the thunder fully dressed

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 25th, 2010, 12:22 am

civic_minded - i think what phoenix is trying to say is "SELL ME YOUR RANGER THUNDER PLEASE". :) :) :)

Ok.. so, pricing updates.
According to the sales reps from Ford Trinidad:

Base-model XLT = $189,000.00
Which includes the following:
- 2.5L WLT 12-valve Turbodiesel or 2.5TDCI 16-Valve WLC Common Rail Turbodiesel. Unfortunately the XLT doesn't come with the 3.0L TDCI engine :( :( :( *sad* (the sales rep says Ford used to sell them, but probably due to low demand in this market they no longer offer the 3.0L TDCI in the XLT range
- 5-fwd manual transmission or 5-speed automatic
- 4x4 with LSD or 4x2 with optional rear LSD
- Fully powered windows/mirrors/steering/AC unit
- passenger sliding-out tray in glovebox
- 6-CD/MP3 player
- ABS brakes - standard
- Driver & front passenger airbags - standard
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Factory foglights - standard
- body coloured bumpers (including rear bumper - no chrome bumper or bar like the Thunder)
- Chrome or body coloured door handles available
- Factory Bedliner optional
- NO Sidesteps/sidebar, NO Rollbar, NO brushbar/nudgebar/bullbar, NO rear bar
- NO factory Tint
- NO factory Turbo-timer (according to the rep., Ford's turbo's are smaller than the other companies but has a comparatively high output, and is water cooled & oil cooled, hence it doesn't output as much heat as say the Nissan Frontier's larger turbo, and doesn't need a turbo-timer to allow it to cool down when switching off).

Ranger XLT with "Hurricane Package" = $15,000.00 upgrade
Upgrade package includes in addition to the standard equipment listed above:
- Chrome Rollbar with mounted stop-light, Chrome sidebars (cosmetic, non-functional as steps)
- Optional running boards instead of chrome tubes, with illuminating lights
- 2.5TDI or 2.5TDCI, NO 3.0L TDCI again
- Optional Leather package (seats, steering wheel and shifter-knob trim)
- Hurricane decals
- Grey bedliner

Ranger XLT with "Thunder Package" = $259,000.00
Includes:
- 3.0L TDCI
- Automatic Transmission ONLY (although I asked the rep to inquire if it's available with Manual trans. too)
- 4x4 drivetrain ONLY
- Full leather package
- Chrome rollbar w/mounted stoplight, chrome sidebars or optional running boards, chrome tubular rear-bumper
- Grey factory bedliner
- Altimeter & compass in center console
- Thunder floormats & optional illuminating kickpanels
- Thunder Decals

So I think that's about it, don't think I missed out on anything. Unfortunately, Ford trinidad doesn't sell the Wildtrak model, the rep says that it's an exclusive Ford package that is not available in this market. I think what that means is the running boards, rear accesories for the tray (rollbar & rails with rolling tray cover) are exclusive to Ford registered trademark, hence they can't supply those extra accessories without paying extra and getting an exclusive license to distribute them (vs. having any and every accessories dealer selling the Wildtrak parts).
However, the Wildtrak and Thunder models are very similarly specc'd out, the only differences are the exterior cosmetics.

I'm thinking of getting myself a Hurricane package, perhaps by early next year I'll be ready to make a downpayment. Looking at the In-One package from AnsaMcal, will have to discuss that with them.

Who knows, by that time Ford will be rolling out with the new model Ranger that's been rumored to come out in 2011, and the current model will be discounted to move the old-stock.

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 25th, 2010, 6:56 am

Oh Yeah!!!!!

Ranger XLT with "Hurricane Package" = $15,000.00 upgrade
Upgrade package includes in addition to the standard equipment listed above:
- Chrome Rollbar with mounted stop-light, Chrome sidebars (cosmetic, non-functional as steps)
- Optional running boards instead of chrome tubes, with illuminating lights
- Optional Leather package (seats, steering wheel and shifter-knob trim)
- Hurricane decals
- Grey bedliner

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » June 25th, 2010, 8:21 am

lighthammer/Pheonix ....one minor correction

should read 2.5WLT or 2.5TDCI....

the prices have gone up a bit... the hurricane package last year was a $10,000 upgrade not $15,000

So Pheonix, yuh make up yuh mind yet? or are you still visiting the planet of confusion? :lol:

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 25th, 2010, 8:58 am

cooper

Thanks for the correction. I think I had it correct under the "base XLT" spec-listing but I must have mistyped it for the rest of the post.

Right so the 2.5L comes as either the:
- 2.5L WLT 12-valve turbo diesel
or
- 2.5L WLC 16-valve common-rail turbo diesel, badged as the "2.5L TDCI"

From Wikipedia:
2.5 (WLC)

Ford introduced a new 2.5L version of the Duratorq for the Thailand-built 2007 Ford Ranger (J97U). It is a 16-valve DOHC engine of the VM Motori 2500 cc engine, with Bosch common-rail direct injection and a variable geometry turbocharger. It produces 143 PS (105 kW; 141 hp)@3500 rpm and 330 N·m (240 lb·ft)@1800rpm.[3]
[edit] 3.0 (WEC)

A 3.0L Duratorq similar to the 2.5 is also used in the 2007 Ranger as the top of the range. It produces 156 PS (115 kW; 154 hp)@3200 rpm and 380 N·m (280 lb·ft)@1800 rpm.

^^^ the 3.0L Duratorq is what comes in the THUNDER only.... still no word from the Rep if Thailand will be able to send it with the XLT/Hurricane package, in a Manual trans.

And Phoenix, to help whet your appetite, here's something I found a while ago: A PDF of an overview of the 2.5L WLC TDCI common rail engine that both the BT-50 and Ranger use.

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/bt50 ... -50_en.pdf

It's not a true technical manual, but it gives you a general overview of the mechanical/electrical workings of the WLC engine, FOR FREE.

What more can you ask for?

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 25th, 2010, 11:43 am

Im checking it out now Bro..

What more can i ask for.. Ammmmm let me see... A Blue Ranger in Stock.. soon!
lol

Oh and plus a discount.. Hehehehehe... That will be nice..

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » June 25th, 2010, 11:47 am

Fellas, I noticed one of those Wildtrak models from M. Rampersad with some sort of 'stablizer bar' going around the rear differential and connecting somewhere close to the leaf springs. Anyone know of the advantages of this, or what exactly it is for?

(I couldn't get a picture.... was following a new one out of Chaguanas on the highway yesterday)

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 25th, 2010, 8:05 pm

are m rampersad bringing the wildtrak in 4x4 now? if they are - that will be the 3.0L TDCi model - they are nice - sorta resemble the Hilux Vigo with all the chrome and "rice" stuff on it - the Hilux is really a huge vehicle compared to the ranger - i was looking at it in M Rampersad side by side. The Ranger look like a little baby next to the Hilux and Navara.

*Phoenix* are you sure you want to go with the ranger dude? you really want to run with 'that' crowd?... :poke:

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 25th, 2010, 9:28 pm

I hate the Bling out look.... Yuck!!!!
Stop it CM... I know what you trying to do... Its not gonna work.. lol

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 26th, 2010, 1:08 am

civic_minded

Paid M Rampersad a visit today. They have the Wildtrak with the 2.5L TDCi 16-valve WLC engine, 4x2 manual and the basic wildtrak package (leather/body kit/accessories etc). No center console though.

The 3.0L TDCI is available but on special order, and it comes in both Auto and Manual. Same engine as the local Thunder model, but they can bring in the manual transmission version, unlike MER who only brings the 3.0L Thunder in Auto.

Cooper - I suppose the "stabilizer bar" you saw has the same function as any stabilizer bar in a tuned car. Probably meant to keep the suspension tighter, giving better cornering and less dive in hard corners. I'm not an expert and I may be wrong, but that's my guess.

civic minded - Yes the Ranger is smaller than the Hilux Vigo and the Navara. In fact, when I rolled into M. Rampersad today in the Frontier, I went and sat in the driver's seat of the Wildtrak. It felt exactly the same size-wise as the Frontier. I'm 5-feet, 6-inches tall, and I found that the Ranger (and by default my Frontier) fit me perfectly in terms of seating, cabin-size, even the step-up height was good enough for me. Fit like a glove. Plus my family isn't that big, so it's hardly ever I'd be rolling with a full-cabin of people, so 3-passengers plus me would be seated comfortably in the bucket seats. If you're taller than me, and you'd find the Hilux/Navara is a better fit for you, then by all means go ahead....

As for the Vigo & Navara's bulkiness, don't forget that a lot of their size is from all the extra accessories: the plastic tray-cover & plastic roll-bar, and the useless roof-bin (that's actually meant for your Snow-Boots when you go skiing or snowboarding.... something we probably won't be doing in trinidad....). And then add on the 22-inch oversized rims. And then, the huge front-bars. The Wildtrak in their showroom doesn't look that much smaller than the Vigo parked next to it, IMO.

Personally I'd prefer to have a truck that's fitted to my overall size, and nimble enough to be parked relatively easily in tight quarters, eg. any street in Port of Spain. Yeah it's nice to have a big-truck, but you have to be practical, this is Trinidad after all. I spent a good amount of time in both New York and California, and it's a different story over there (esp. California). Big-trucks are the norm (such as the Tacoma & Frontier-Navara) there, but here they'd get squeezed up.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 26th, 2010, 7:22 am

lighthammer wrote:civic_minded

The 3.0L TDCI is available but on special order, and it comes in both Auto and Manual. Same engine as the local Thunder model, but they can bring in the manual transmission version, unlike MER who only brings the 3.0L Thunder in Auto.

Wow thats sweet - did they tell you the price for the 3.0 Wildtrak 4x4 manual tran ?
The size of the ranger is perfect for me also - i am 6"1 - and i am very comfortable in a ranger - the hilux and the nav is a bit too big - especially where i live - there is a small narrow street to get home where two cars see trouble to squeeze pass each other and problems with parking these vehicles in the car parks here - almost all car parks are designed to fit B14's. Even if you park your Nav or hilux - expect to see dings on your doors with people hiting their doors on your ride to get in theirs

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 26th, 2010, 8:55 am

4x4 3.0L Wildtrak - $220K.
Colour avail: Winning Blue, Metallic Black, White and Silver
Waiting period is 2 months.

3 year warranty, they do all the servicing.
I think the warranty states that they supply the parts free, and you pay for labour (same as N&M and other dealers), but I didn't get a chance to read it over.

Though a friend of mine says his friend bought a Navara from them, bought 22-inch rims from them too, when his alignment went off he tried to redeem the warranty - M. Rampersad says that since the "factory stock parts" were replaced, the warranty was voided and they cannot honor it (even with their own frickin parts that THEY SOLD & INSTALLED). They will rob you of your warranty, right in front your own eyes.

READ THE FINE PRINT when it comes to M. Rampersad.
BE SURE TO ORDER EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT BEFOREHAND, so that when they bring it down from Thailand, you don't need to change the setup (rims, tyres, body kit, etc) and void their weak-ass warranty.

So for example, I want the Wildtrak with the original 18-inch Wildtrak rims as well as 265/50R18 All-terrain tyres. So I'd be sure to ask for it specifically, when plunking down the cheque for the deposit. 2 months later, the truck comes with exactly how I want it, and then all I have to do is keep the same setup fro 3 years and I'm happy.

Eg. In this picture, the rims on this 4x2 2.5TDCi Wildtrak are the same as the stock 16's on the local XLT's and Hurricane-package & Thunder Models.

This is what they had when I went yesterday, plus a black coloured version on the other side of the showroom.
Both of them were 4x2, 2.5TDCi engines, Manual trans.

I'm sure that if you went and bought with that wildtrak some 20's as a package-deal from M. Rampersad (which the rep was only too eager to offer to me when I asked about it - "We have REAL rims, come and see what yuh want nah....") - warranty VOIDED ON THE SPOT, but THEY WON'T TELL YOU THAT as the cash register rings and money passes.

Also make sure that when they replacing the oil, oil-filter, fuel-filter, air-filter, and ALL OTHER FLUIDS that they using what they themselves specified as being "factory specified".
I went and found out that their mech's use Castrol Hypurion oil for their diesel engines, and another mechanic friend of mine said that M. Rampersad will void the warranty EVEN IF THEIR OWN MECH'S use a different oil/filters from what came on the truck from Thailand.

Any little thing they will try to find, to void their weak-assed, anal-retentive warranty.

Luckily a couple of our Diesel Boyz members here are just as anal-retentive, and probably prone to pouring over the fine print, so they'll sniff out any loopholes, eh Phoenix? :D :D :D

Basically just order the truck EXACTLY how you want it, and keep it in the same exact condition for the 3-years, and you'll save your warranty and your money.
I'm not going to spend $200+ K of my hard earned money for a truck with a warranty, and then have it voided just because I used the wrong brand of air-freshener which I had bought on sale from that place in Valpark last month during father's day.

Frick that.
Last edited by lighthammer on June 26th, 2010, 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 26th, 2010, 9:47 am

ohh lord - i really like the wildtrak package - really complement the ranger - but still 3 year warrant is a vast improvement of last year when they giving you 1 year - but the firm giving you 5 years warranty. Mc Enenery have loads of confidence in their ranger quality that they allow alot of variations in their warranty - such as they let me change my rims to what i want and allow the K&N without voiding warranty. The other ranger i had going on 4 years plus and absolutely no problems - very good product.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 26th, 2010, 10:07 am

Mc Enenery have loads of confidence in their ranger quality that they allow alot of variations in their warranty - such as they let me change my rims to what i want and allow the K&N without voiding warranty

HHmmmmmm......
That real hard to ignore boy, 5 years with a flexible warranty is a nice security blanket to have. I would end up doing the same thing - changing rims and dropping in a performance filter.

Personally, I'd take either the Thunder or the Wildtrak as both look awesome in my opinion, but $265K for a Auto Thunder, vs. $220K for a Manual Wildtrak.

M'eh, I have a few more months till I'm ready to talk financing, so at least I have some time to wait and see what the market brings out and the prices they will ask for by then.

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 26th, 2010, 10:18 am

lighthammer wrote:
Luckily a couple of our Diesel Boyz members here are just as anal-retentive, and probably prone to pouring over the fine print, so they'll sniff out any loopholes, eh Phoenix? :D :D :D

Luckily indeed LH! :twisted:

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 26th, 2010, 11:17 am

This is the one I want them to bring down for me....

You like this colour, Phoenix?

Dunno if they have it though, maybe on special order.

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 26th, 2010, 12:00 pm

Nah.. yuck.. i dont liek it one bit. Its called Cooper Red... and yeah they have it here..

I like the Lagoon Blue..... Arizona Gold and the Titanium Grey..
:twisted:

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 27th, 2010, 6:07 am

Titanium grey is really nice - hides scratches really well- you should get my colour - it hides dirt and scratchs well too

LH- I think you should go for the wildtrak - warranty is real beyotch but these vechicles don't give problems- you should have 5 years without an probs-
what the advantage is that you will be one of the very few people that own a real wildtrak

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 27th, 2010, 6:35 am

hell if you worried about the warranty - buy your 3.0 4x4 wild trak and i will trade yours with my Thunder- as is! rims. drop in liner and K&N - doing 12k with the 5 year warranty

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 27th, 2010, 6:39 am

^^^ You wish.... :lol:

I'd hold out for the Lagoon Blue...
:wink:

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 27th, 2010, 7:02 am

i don't like the blue - its too flashy - i am more of a conservative type