ok so finally decided to work on my rear end. The goal was to poly fill some of the existing bushings and also install what we had remaining from the Protane Bushing kit which was the rear C-Arm bushing.
First thing was to drop the entire rearend, so that's remove the exhaust, driveshaft, rear shocks and the main bolts
We did not want to drain any brake fluid so just tied the rear caliper to the shock. So first, we replaced the front diff mount which was busted clean (guess tooo much burnouts
) . What we realized is that once the two main diff mounts are weak, the front diff mount will tear. So we got our hands on liquid urethane (thanks to miggy
) and filled these mounts also the mounts holding the rear end.
Next we changed out the rear C-Arm Bushing to one from my Protane poly kit.
(Oh I sell these Protane FC3S RX-7 bushing kits - $1300.00 so if anybody want)
When we were done, left the liquid urethane to dry for a day and put the rear end back up with the new Series 5 rear sway bar. Will take pics of that later.
NEXT : Time to make the girl kinda sexy.........