TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tein S TECH with OEM shocks?

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Tein S TECH with OEM shocks?

Postby Halfbreed07 » May 4th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Description:
TEIN S.Tech Springs are an excellent step towards suspension tuning. They offer approximately a 1.5 inch drop for a more aggressive appearance and increased road holding capability. Designed to be used with OEM or OEM replacement shocks. Each application is road tested in North America for the proper balance between performance and comfort. Comes with a 1 year limited warranty, spring length is guaranteed not to sag more than 5mm, and be clear of any manufacturer defects.

http://www.tein.com/products/s_tech.html

wont the use of this shock depreciate the lifespan of the stock shock?
i asked this since i suspect this happened to me and now that i am ketching meh arse to get Tokico blue or whites i am looking at just using the oem replacements.

anyone with experience using Tein springs with stock shocks?

g unit
Sweet on this forum

Re: Tein S TECH with OEM shocks?

Postby g unit » May 5th, 2011, 8:37 am

I am currently running this combo, and have been running it for the past 4-5 years. Within the past 6 months, my shocks have begun to bottom out, so I guess you can say it does kill your shock.
The reason why I say "i guess" is because I never changed my shocks over the 15 year lifetime of this car.

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » May 5th, 2011, 10:05 am

g unit wrote:I am currently running this combo, and have been running it for the past 4-5 years. Within the past 6 months, my shocks have begun to bottom out, so I guess you can say it does kill your shock.
The reason why I say "i guess" is because I never changed my shocks over the 15 year lifetime of this car.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

g unit
Sweet on this forum

Postby g unit » May 5th, 2011, 10:13 am

yeah but the shocks worked great, it is only within the last 6 months the ride feels awkward

Wizard
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Wizard » May 5th, 2011, 10:14 am

will work with stock shocks but will decrease life span or destroy them eventually

a stiffer shock will work best and that mean aftermarket

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » May 5th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Dropping the height using a lowering spring changes the internal pressures on the shock causing more stress on seals that already have years of heat cycling behind them which is what will kill a damper. Pairing stock dampers with a progressive rate spring (tein s tech) that will mean experience higher initial bump (compression) velocity than a linear spring due to being initially softer which is not a fantastic combination for longevity and certain handling situations where the first reaction on the spring is not load but lift IE. over ramps like the bridges than cause some lift. The spring will push back with more initial force. If a damper experiences force at any given velocity that causes it to cavitate after a while, your handling and consistency will suffer and eventually the damper will go. A worn damper will not survive this for long or as long as oem matched shock and spring.

conswaylos
3NE 2NR for life
Location: behaving.....don't wanna get ban for ah nex 2 weeks(on d otherhand 2lick lol)

Postby conswaylos » May 15th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Halfbreed07 wrote:
g unit wrote:I am currently running this combo, and have been running it for the past 4-5 years. Within the past 6 months, my shocks have begun to bottom out, so I guess you can say it does kill your shock.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

why u shock??? mine is 13 years going and the original shock it came with is still in there and the mech say its in perfect condition.. :D

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”