TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

SOLODEX 4 ...THIS SUNDAY 31/7/2011 (COURSE ADDED)

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Re: SOLODEX 4 ...THIS SUNDAY 31/7/2011 (COURSE ADDED)

Postby chris1388 » August 14th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Garrett Inside wrote:hey chris, come and enter in the event on d 21st nah, it go be fun seeing u beatup some "fass car"

I will be out of the country boy...larry will represent for the ignis doh lol....im having some cooling issues with mine at the mo....i think compression is entering my cooling system...:(

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 14th, 2011, 11:18 pm

and you keep sayin english car is trouble?

king bob
3NE 2NR for life

Postby king bob » October 30th, 2011, 2:58 pm

this may sound odd, but what exactly is this cars club about?

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby NLVA200 » October 30th, 2011, 8:33 pm

king bob wrote:this may sound odd, but what exactly is this cars club about?

http://www.carstt.com/aboutus.html

ABOUT US

Creative Auto Recreational Sports
CARS is a non-profit club focused on the promotion of motor-sport in Trinidad and Tobago. Established in 1998, it has grown significantly and as of April 2000 had a membership base of 150 persons interested in fun motor-sporting activities including navigational and fun rallies, treasure hunts, clue solving/riddle Rallies as well as our SoloDex.

CARS promotes, manages and organises recreational events for the enjoyment of competitors and the benefit of sponsors, as well as to support charitable organisations.

http://www.carstt.com/solodex.html
What Is Solodex?

Solodex is a timed automotive event held on a paved, flat surface through a course defined by traffic pylons. The event emphasizes car handling skills and stringent safety measures are upheld to safeguard car, driver and spectator alike. Drivers vie for class and overall prizes by negotiating the course one car at a time in a class of similar cars. The goals are to improve car handling skills and to develop a heightened respect for automotive safety and responsibility in T&T, while having loads of fun.

A Solodex event consists of a single course run a number of times. Drivers see the course just prior to the event's start when they will be allowed to walk the course to become familiar with the course layout and defining convention. Drivers also use this time to develop what they consider the optimal driving lines for the fastest passage through the course.

Courses are made up of turns, gates and slaloms demonstrated by standard traffic pylons, which are heavy enough to prevent movements other than those caused by contact with a vehicle. Their locations are marked with a chalk box around the entire base of the pylon to assure accurate replacement and assessment of penalties. A penalty is given if a course cone is knocked over and if the cone remains standing but is outside of the box. No penalty is given if the cone remains standing and is partially in its chalk box or touching the box.

The course normally ends with the driver coming to a complete stop in a Finishing Box at least 50 feet after the Finish Line. Each run is timed separately and drivers have a minimum of three runs of the course. For each cone penalty, 2 seconds is added to the run time, which is done to al least one hundredths of a second.

king bob
3NE 2NR for life

Postby king bob » October 30th, 2011, 10:10 pm

i'm hooked

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » October 30th, 2011, 11:45 pm

haha... welcome to the fold king bob

king bob
3NE 2NR for life

Postby king bob » October 31st, 2011, 6:02 pm

lol just need 2 fix my car nw

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”