TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Super or Premium in KIA Cerato?

Daihatsu, Isuzu, Daewoo, Chevy, Holden etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

trinimojo
Riding on 13's

Postby trinimojo » July 14th, 2010, 9:28 am

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone uses Super in their 2010 KIA Cerato and has gotten any problems...I am thinking about switching..

thanks

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Super or Premium in KIA Cerato?

Postby Captainzaak » July 20th, 2010, 11:15 am

I've only used Premium since i purchased, never took the chance with Super.

Was strongly advised to use Premium by the agent.

I fraid to :\

liquidmetal
Street 2NR

Postby liquidmetal » July 28th, 2010, 8:24 pm

how much does it take to full up? and how often?
additionally, do you think this would be a good first car to get?

trinimojo
Riding on 13's

Postby trinimojo » July 29th, 2010, 7:12 am

With Super it takes about $120 to full up (and thats on an empty tank - I'm talking about the fuel light comes on). According to the manual you can use a minimum of 91 octane fuel in it and Super is 92.
I honestly can't remember exactly how much it was with Premium but it was close to $200.

I think its a great first car. For the cost, it has alot of features,it looks good and it is good on fuel consumption. I make a south - north run everyday and for the week my gas bill isn't more than $200.

liquidmetal
Street 2NR

Postby liquidmetal » July 29th, 2010, 7:52 am

kool thanks..hmm less than $200 for north- south that not bad i may be making south runs like twice a week

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » July 29th, 2010, 10:34 am

I use Premium, On E it rook $190, i never let it reach below quarter tank tho, it takes $150 at that level.

I get about 450-500km per tank, lasts about 3/4 days, morning run to POS, to Carenage, San Juan.
Much better than my B14, i must say!

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » February 8th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Captainzaak wrote:I've only used Premium since i purchased, never took the chance with Super.

Sorry eh, but that's kinda BS fed to you by the dealership.

YES the car CAN use super. Hell, it says in the manual that a minimum of 91 ROn can be used, but with slightly decreased performance. 95 RON is recommended for best performacne blah blah blah.

End of the day, the car CAN use either Super (92 RON) or Premium (95 RON) safely with no issues -just be careful WHERE you buy your gas from.

Premium however, is where the car will give it's best performance.

And yes, for the millionth time, the gas made locally IS actually at the prescribed specs (must be approved by int'l inspectors). The problem happens after, when jokers in gas stations "mix" premium and Super, like what happened to me in Un<internet connection dropped>

I get about 450-500km per tank

Hmmm, I get like around 400-420, but sometimes I have long traffic stints, so go figure.

Chemical
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Chemical » February 9th, 2011, 7:02 am

Alpha_2nr wrote:
Captainzaak wrote:I've only used Premium since i purchased, never took the chance with Super.

Premium however, is where the car will give it's best performance.

And yes, for the millionth time, the gas made locally IS actually at the prescribed specs (must be approved by int'l inspectors). The problem happens after, when jokers in gas stations "mix" premium and Super, like what happened to me in Un<internet connection dropped>

--If your car's Ignition paramaters are mapped for optimal peak @ 91 RON there is nothing extra will be gained by pumping 95 RON in it. It CAN'T advance the peak timing mapping hardwired !

How do you know U#@$%* was mixing the fuels ?

I normally fill by NP Richmond St . Too many big shot car dealers with charge accounts for them to do that crap.

(Audi, Volvo, BMW, Mazda, Nissan, Kia )

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » February 9th, 2011, 7:35 am

^^For the mixing fuels thing - I actually went to fill up a gas bottle with premum for the "other" car (it was a NEW bottle!! And fairly translucent). I reached home, looked at the gas and it was slightly pinkish in colour.

Poured some into a blue waters bottle to check - bet yuh last dollar it had a slight pinkish hue to it.

Repeated the same with another gas station (non U*****) in the area, and guess what.....no pinkish hue.

:?

-If your car's Ignition paramaters are mapped for optimal peak @ 91 RON there is nothing extra will be gained by pumping 95 RON in it. It CAN'T advance the peak timing mapping hardwired !

Well unlike the 1.5 Tiida which needs 91 RON min (according to the manual), these cars state that the engine requires 95 for BEST performance, but as little as 91 can be used. I figure they mean that 95 gives optimum ign advance, but even if you run 91, ign advance is going to retard within sufficient limitations to prevent knock....so 91 won't cause knock, but it won't give max power.

Seems fair, since the CVVT 1.6 in the Koup etc puts out the same hp as the Swift Sport's 1.6...and the latter requires 98 RON ideally, with 95 being the "minimum" value :?

Chemical
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Chemical » February 10th, 2011, 11:38 am

^^QFT...the Nissan Sentra SER Spec V in Canada stated use 91 RON min and for enhanced performance use 95 RON !

BlueIce
punchin NOS

Postby BlueIce » October 10th, 2011, 7:34 am

can vouch for the UN(*&^ crap....i have noticed slight hesitation or sluggish pull off whenever i fill up there

ps i drive a new shape rolla ...came to see fi anyone owned a optima as yet...i like it :D

KIA SALES EXECUTIVE
Riding on 13's

Postby KIA SALES EXECUTIVE » October 10th, 2011, 7:42 pm

You are free use which ever, as your owners manual will state " your new KIA vehicle is designed to use unleaded fuel having an octane Rating of RON 91/AKI 87 or higher" Both super and premium fit this description. However, the service department advises that you use Premium in the vehicle because maintenance is less costly and easier. Super is said to be a "dirtier" fuel and leaves a residue that remains in your vehicle. Maximum performance is obtained with premium.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » November 30th, 2011, 2:19 am

Good to know that Super is an option.

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » November 30th, 2011, 9:50 pm

from half to full was $55 with super.

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » December 9th, 2011, 6:52 am

Super is said to be a "dirtier" fuel and leaves a residue that remains in your vehicle.

And NP likes that people have that perception so they make more money.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » December 12th, 2011, 11:40 am

The Cerato has basic 16valve engine and it's a small light car. Running Super for approximately two weeks now and she stilling zipping. Planning to put some Amsoil PI in the tank next time I fill up.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » December 12th, 2011, 12:27 pm

So does this mixing thing happen in the U&$/@% stations? Some people their gas is better. What do you guys think ?

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » December 12th, 2011, 2:49 pm

^^Yes it does. Filled a translucent "gasoline" bottle (yes, for gasoline) with premium at one of their stations in south. The gas had a distinct pinkish hue to it :?

kriticalkase
Sweet on this forum

Postby kriticalkase » December 12th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Guys, from a lil under quarter to full I take $90.

Close to a month now I using super and no side effects, same mileage, same power and more money in my pocket.

Always remember that super is also unleaded fuel.

I sticking with super for now.

I

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » December 21st, 2011, 8:47 pm

Filled under from under a 1/4 and she took almost $100 (did like 480km). Used a bottle of amsoil pi right before I filled up.

She running nice.

Marct
Sweet on this forum

Postby Marct » December 22nd, 2011, 7:38 pm

ever so often i fill with super - easy on the pocket but there is a retardation in the timing of the engine (its noticeable to me).

to compensate for the lower octane fuel you need to press harder to get the same rate of speed (take off & kick down) with super as opposed to premium.

Advertisement

Return to “OTHER Manufacturers”