Forums

San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2012, 10:56 am

If I reading this correct, it will be easier to move drugs in and out of the ghetto now.

safe29
Riding on 13's

Postby safe29 » January 3rd, 2012, 12:03 pm

I make the commute to and from San Fernando to Point Fortin on a daily basis as I work there. The traffic isn’t that bad to warrant a $7.6 b highway. The occasional traffic pile up is usually caused by -

1. Flooding on the Creek
2. Heavy vehicle traffic- which can alleviated by only allowing the heavy vehicle to travel the roads at night.
3. Bad Roads.

A faction of that highway money can be spent to address these problems and the rest spent on more critical areas such as health care. People fail to realise that a countries development status is not determined by how much big building and interchanges you have but the general wellbeing its citizens.

This highway is not necessary!!!!!!!

bluespeed
Riding on 16's

Postby bluespeed » January 3rd, 2012, 12:10 pm

safe29 wrote:I make the commute to and from San Fernando to Point Fortin on a daily basis as I work there. The traffic isn’t that bad to warrant a $7.6 b highway. The occasional traffic pile up is usually caused by -

1. Flooding on the Creek
2. Heavy vehicle traffic- which can alleviated by only allowing the heavy vehicle to travel the roads at night.
3. Bad Roads.

A faction of that highway money can be spent to address these problems and the rest spent on more critical areas such as health care. People fail to realise that a countries development status is not determined by how much big building and interchanges you have but the general wellbeing its citizens.

you join today to say dat?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » January 3rd, 2012, 12:57 pm

"Yeah they shouldn't build the Solomon Hochoy and Uriah Butler Highway either, the Southern Main Main is sufficient if it is properly maintained and police enforced...wait what year is this?"

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 3rd, 2012, 12:58 pm

Hoss, hush yuh kant & let my property get the chance to be a 'side d highway property' nuh.
Who knows, I may open a bar & take some of allyuh rum suckers $$$

but right on wid the addressing the flooding issue on the creek.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 3rd, 2012, 1:24 pm

safe29 wrote:I make the commute to and from San Fernando to Point Fortin on a daily basis as I work there. The traffic isn’t that bad to warrant a $7.6 b highway. The occasional traffic pile up is usually caused by -

1. Flooding on the Creek
3. Bad Roads.

the highway isnt just being built because of traffic...with the development of union estate and the new industrial estate in the south western peninsular this is necessary...have you ever seen the drama to move equipment in and out of pt fortin? how many accidents on a daily basis take place there because of trucks and heavy vehicles??

what your opinion on south napa?? was this necessary?

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » January 3rd, 2012, 1:55 pm

OP joined tuner just to express chessbun?

area6
3NE 2NR for life

Postby area6 » January 3rd, 2012, 2:01 pm

sorry to hear that boss but as far as i know,thnak god they buildign a highway and re-did our main highway and hope in the near future they put one to mayaro as well,,,,so sorry about the loss and so but in re structuring and futuristic thinking i think the highway is much welcomed

safe29
Riding on 13's

Postby safe29 » January 3rd, 2012, 2:32 pm

Aaron 2NR, agreed to some extent, but dont you think a more viable option would be to better utilize the natural deep water habour in the area to transport heavy machinery.

The goverment application for funds for this project was denied recently..Where are they going to get the finances??? 7.6 is alot of money.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » January 3rd, 2012, 2:33 pm

Notsureifalternateaccountsareatwork

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » January 3rd, 2012, 2:38 pm

OP this hi-way has its pros and cons as does every thing else does but in order for T&T to move forward thing have to be done, and im sure the Gov't will compensate the people
im sure if jack say "here hold a 2million for yuh house and land" you'll see how quick man suite case packing up..lol......Becuz Money talks BS walks

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » January 3rd, 2012, 2:40 pm

Mark! wrote:are these places in Trinidad??

X2 :lol:

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » January 3rd, 2012, 2:57 pm

safe29 wrote:Aaron 2NR, agreed to some extent, but dont you think a more viable option would be to better utilize the natural deep water habour in the area to transport heavy machinery.

The goverment application for funds for this project was denied recently..Where are they going to get the finances??? 7.6 is alot of money.

This is a jk right?

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » January 3rd, 2012, 6:09 pm

notsureifsrs

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 3rd, 2012, 6:44 pm

That guy serious...lemme hush my mouth yes...

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » January 3rd, 2012, 6:51 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
safe29 wrote:Aaron 2NR, agreed to some extent, but dont you think a more viable option would be to better utilize the natural deep water habour in the area to transport heavy machinery.

This is a jk right?

That is a jk

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » January 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm

same way the existing highways in Trinidad were built and cut through villages such as Charlieville and St. Augustine, the same can't be done in Debe and Fyzabad? :roll:

then when it's done, the same people who condemned it would be singing high praises. typical Trinis.

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » January 3rd, 2012, 10:31 pm

y one doh cut thru sando or laventille? tdad govt really izza failure oui!

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » January 3rd, 2012, 10:33 pm

like them feel they in West Moorings.....

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » January 3rd, 2012, 10:56 pm

geometron wrote:y one doh cut thru sando or laventille? tdad govt really izza failure oui!

feel free to migrate

Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Soundwave » January 3rd, 2012, 11:14 pm

I completely agree with geometron, the highway from san fernando to point fortin should cut through laventille, it's a shortcut dammit...

Highway Re-Route
Riding on 13's

Postby Highway Re-Route » January 4th, 2012, 7:40 am

Most trini’s believe that creating an asphalt and concrete jungle is true development with little or no consideration to the environment. How an I change your mindset? A small minority including myself adore nature..the rest believe that the tall buildings in New York city is absolutely marvelous and what we should aim for here.
After reading all your posts, perhaps I should define what is sustainable development - it is a pattern of growth in which resource use aims to meet (Sociopolitical) human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come (Wikipedia)
THIS HIGHWAY DOES NOT PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.

Environmental - Over 400 acres of prime agricultural lands will be destroyed. This affects 200 farmers who depend on their lands to support their families and provide much needed income in these hard times. Imagine destroying soil with a geo-fertilty of 15 feet deep which could support a fifteen hundred year food basket. Agriculture, Food Production and nutrition security is ranked 2nd in the government's five priority items in it's medium term policy framework...
There is very little noise and dust pollution in the areas carded for destruction plus the abundant vegetation works to counter balance any CO2 emissions.
These areas have a rich and diverse historical and cultural background. The site where Trinidad's oldest resident - The Banwari Man - is in close proximity to the proposed highway. Lastly this project will use up 7.6 BILLION Dollars - maybe more than that - financing which has not so far been forthcoming. The 1.5 Billion Dollars which they are using currently was taken from Central Bank's trasury deposits - tax payers income.

Highway Re-Route
Riding on 13's

Postby Highway Re-Route » January 4th, 2012, 7:45 am

Please feel free to visit our Facebook page - Highway Reroute Trinidad.

we can have a meaningful discussion on HRM's blog - http://highwayreroutemovement.blogspot.com

E-Mail us @ highwayreroutemovement@gmail.com

I look forward to your comments and will try to make our cause a little clearer.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » January 4th, 2012, 8:04 am

If you want to hire a lobbyist, I am a pretty persuasive writer and decent photographer, with experience in promoting the agendas of various NGO's. If you would like to put a face to the suffering of the people, I would be willing to write articles/ shoot photo essays on the lives of the peple being displaced. Logic is the last thing to motivate people to change. Nothing starts a movement (Political/ charity/ social activism) until human suffering is made clear to the wider national community.

PM me if interested.

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » January 4th, 2012, 9:57 am

Highway Re-Route wrote:The Case :
This highway will cost approx 7.6 Billion Dollars!!!
It involves : Destruction of over 300 homes, 400 acres of prime argricultural lands, the DEBE Market, schools, places of worship, 61 oil wells to be capped.....No clue about compensation or relocation...do they really think we'll just give up our lands that easily?
I am no architect but I am pretty certain that they can come up with a new route - one which does not involve wasting so much dam money!
Get serious Jack...you cannot disrupt these communities already established without major societal/ecological/environmental consequences.
Is anyone here in support of this make-work project tailored for bustle, prestige and deal, rather than ital development?

Why allyuh cant accept change?
Find something more worthwhile to do with your time that planning to upset plans for development which, regardless of your whining, will continue anyway.
You're wasting you time and energy.
Go back to you job and family that you CAN make a difference with.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 4th, 2012, 10:22 am

Highway Re-Route wrote:Most trini’s believe that creating an asphalt and concrete jungle is true development with little or no consideration to the environment. How an I change your mindset? A small minority including myself adore nature..the rest believe that the tall buildings in New York city is absolutely marvelous and what we should aim for here.
After reading all your posts, perhaps I should define what is sustainable development - it is a pattern of growth in which resource use aims to meet (Sociopolitical) human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come (Wikipedia)
THIS HIGHWAY DOES NOT PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.

Environmental - Over 400 acres of prime agricultural lands will be destroyed. This affects 200 farmers who depend on their lands to support their families and provide much needed income in these hard times. Imagine destroying soil with a geo-fertilty of 15 feet deep which could support a fifteen hundred year food basket. Agriculture, Food Production and nutrition security is ranked 2nd in the government's five priority items in it's medium term policy framework...
There is very little noise and dust pollution in the areas carded for destruction plus the abundant vegetation works to counter balance any CO2 emissions.
These areas have a rich and diverse historical and cultural background. The site where Trinidad's oldest resident - The Banwari Man - is in close proximity to the proposed highway. Lastly this project will use up 7.6 BILLION Dollars - maybe more than that - financing which has not so far been forthcoming. The 1.5 Billion Dollars which they are using currently was taken from Central Bank's trasury deposits - tax payers income.

I from this area, can you tell me where some of these 200 farmers live?

wether or not good agricultural soil of whatever depth exists, is it used? as far as I know the soil in the back of silverstream was used used for agriculture yes....but lets not get into what kind.

I dont know if its just me but does anyone else suspect this is one of those rouscillac dudes who do not want to give up their land? cane getting leveled & housing developments constructed (take a pass through the m2, take the turn off from by paria suites there), how come you not talking about that?

Name some of these historical & cultural sites for me while you at it, I may have missed them.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » January 4th, 2012, 10:36 am

^^^^I think he is talking about Ghandi Village.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 4th, 2012, 10:49 am

I hope he does not think I am bashing him eh, I wanna hear his side of the story too.

I agree it is a lot of $$$ to spend & that the flooding problem on the creek needs to be addressed eh.

But lets see things from another perspective here:

see how pos ended up in problems as development continued in there, it has begun in san fernando & it is slowly but surely getting to that point (traffic, flooding etc). I am glad to see some development taking place on the outskirts of sando (pricesmart, anand grocery).
Development will follow roads most likely, land is not as expensive as in sando & because of the volume of traffic passing through that new road on a daily basis it will be favorable for developing.
This way we will get away from the skewed development that is taking place in 3 main places in t'dad (pos, chag & sando) and alleviate some of the problems that come with development by spreading it out.

with respect to agriculture: lets be real, how much of the future generations gonna work the land? we import food & send all our children UWI / UTT etc.

Highway Re-Route
Riding on 13's

Postby Highway Re-Route » January 4th, 2012, 11:11 am

FOLKS, FOLKS, ITS NOT THE WHOLE HIGHWAY THAT IS BAD: JUST THE MON DESIR TO DEBE SEGMENT.

THE MAIN SAN FERNANDO TO POINT FORTIN HIGHWAY WILL BE BENEFICIAL. BUT THE MON DESIR TO DEBE SECTION OF HIGHWAY MUST BE ABORTED, AND A SYSTEM OF OTHER LINKAGES DEVISED.

THE MON DESIR TO DEBE SECTION WILL CAUSE DISCONNECTIVITY, WIDESCALE PERSISTENT FLOODING, GREAT DISTRESS AND DISLOCATION, AND UNNECESSARY COSTS TO THE TAXPAYER.

MON DESIR TO DEBE SECTION IS A MAKE WORK PROGRAM FOR CONTRACTS. BEFORE: TO BUILD. AFTER: TO CONTROL FLOODING. THIS IS CALLED DISASTER DEVELOPMENT.

THE PEOPLE LIVING IN COMMUNITIES ON THE OROPUCHE BASIN BETWEEN MON DESIR AND DEBE ARE BEING SACRIFICED LIKE LAMBS ON THE ALTAR OF BOGUS CONSULTATION, BOGUS CONNECTIVITY, BOGUS COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS, BOGUS CERTIFICATION

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 4th, 2012, 11:20 am

elaborate on the flooding issue for me please.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”