TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Side B - Lopinot to Cuevas/B+S/Meeting 29th Jan 2012

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

stingray316
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Side B - Lopinot to Cuevas/B+S/Meeting 29th Jan 2012

Postby stingray316 » January 30th, 2012, 9:17 am

The broken spring that i had to endure the drive back with.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » January 30th, 2012, 10:34 am

@ steve, u shud post the "fix" to the broken spring.......
all about teamwork man!!!!!!!!!

@originalbling nice pics, and bess watermark hoss, more more...............

@rottedv, now u have proven to all, "u cant kill a toyota"

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » January 30th, 2012, 10:48 am

More pics here guys - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.311708448881281&type=1

What an EPIC way to kick on 2012!!!!

Here's a brief rundown of the 1st Side B major run of the year....

- met up at Grand Bazaar, a bit later than usual cuz some of us worked and were making it late.
- did the t-shirt and sticker distribution. For those who wanted t-shirts but didn't get to order, dont worry, you can PM me on tuner or FB and put in more orders (Sizes + quantities please)

- Run itinerary: GB >> Santa Cruz to refuel/buy ice/snacks >> Head up to Paramin lookout point by the huge antenna >> stop in Maracas for Bake & Shark lunch >> Head to Las Cuevas trail to play in Mud & Sand for the rest of the afternoon.

- During the maracas road drive, one of the vehicles ran into engine trouble and had to turn around to home unfortunately. We saw him off and then had to cancel the Paramin run, due to time constraints. Thus we all headed to Maracas to pick up some lunch at RIchards and Uncle Sams.

- At approx 12:45pm, we entered Las Cuevas Trail. We've been there a few times before so now we're a little more familiar with the ever-changing terrain. From our previous runs there, we've discovered a "best-path" through Las Cuevas that would guarantee you wouldn't stick if you follow it - but that didn't stop some of the guys from romping through the deep, sticky mud.

- First to stick was newcomer Smeed in his 3.0 D4D hilux on BFG A/T's - but las cuevas mud can be treacherous and has claimed vehicles before. Luckily we were able to get him out and from there, it's as if MUD FEVER catch de man and he was diving under almost every truck that stuck, ARB snatch strap & shackles in hand!

- Other vehicles made it through, another newcomer on a BT50 with an ARB lift kit and BFG AT's got stuck badly too, he got pulled into the deep stuck by a huge rut. Tugged him out with the ARB strap, and onto the next few competitors. One noteable run was done by DoomRR who had a vendetta against Las Cuevas trail since he got stuck last time. You could've seen the fire in his eyes as he simply gunned it and plowed through the mud like a tasmanian devil.... and he made it through with our amazement!

- By 2:45pm we were all out of the trail after much excitement and mud-spray from stuck vehicles (i took a swim in a deep mud hole, trying to recover the stuck BT50) and we all had a blast romping up and down the sand, making donuts, drag racing and playing in the waves. A couple guys had a bit too much fun and their trucks inhaled some seawater, but wasn't anything too serious.

- After some surf and sand fun, we had our very first Side B elections to establish our official Side B Board. The following positions were voted on and we now have a board!

President - Lighthammer
Vice President - Droppa
Secretary - Jeremy
Treasurer - 3stageVtec

This was done mostly for paper-work reasons and was a simple formality in order for us to be properly and fully registered. We want to be officially recognized as an organization so that when it comes to things like our Rallies, Charity Drives and so on, we'll have official support from the respective bodies.

- getting out of the trail proved to have some action too, two hiluxes and a Mazda B2500 got stuck badly and needed a full team effort. With the help of an IronMan snatch strap and an ARB snatch strap, as well as a Hi-Lift jack, we were able to get all of them safely out and everyone out of the trail before darkness set in.

All-in-all, this was an excellent way to start 2012 off with a HUGE bang! No accidents, no injuries, and we all made it home safely. We were all tired at the end of the day, but in a VERY, VERY good way :mrgreen:
Everyone enjoyed themselves fully, we had a lot of newcomers to the run and the question on everyone's mind was "When is the next run??".

So thank you to everyone who came and all who supported. Dont worry, the next run will be VERY soon in February, so keep your eyes and ears open for more MUD MADNESS!!

***** KEEP ON TRUCKIN' ******

stingray316
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stingray316 » January 30th, 2012, 11:42 am

droppa wrote:@ steve, u shud post the "fix" to the broken spring.......
all about teamwork man!!!!!!!!!

It on fb, but here it is again...

Smeed
Sweet on this forum

Postby Smeed » January 30th, 2012, 3:52 pm

aye.... in my defense..... i got stuck cause i slowed down just as i was getting out the mucky stuff cause one ah de surf's was reversing.....if i held meh momentum i woulda run thru....... say wah at least i geh to bless up de arb snatch strap!! i came out pretty easy tho

was real fun fellas, i hope allyuh didn't find me too pushy eh buh i cyah just sit still and it have tings to do (is meh nature).... i done make meh checklist for de next run.... boots, shovel ah next snatch (cause my one frayed out where we doubled it to make it shorter), more shackles, radios, extra gloves for de shackle men...... more will be added as i remember stuff)

it really surprising what these mostly stock vehicles can do eh.... de only man who get stuck bad bad bad more than once was mr rotated..... and i feel was his exuberance more than anything, i tried to give him directions buh i was more busy trying to dive out his way..... didn't know a big diesel could rev like dat :lol:

i didn't get much pics buh i go post what i have later.

good run fellas, nex time we moving early...... de forest at night is a lil freaky :wink:

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » January 30th, 2012, 11:48 pm

^^ no scene bro - how many runs yuh miss out on so far?? lol like yuh had extra energy pent up for this one... and it leggo in a BIG BIG way!

You definitely deserve man-of-the-match, and is a good ting yuh bring out de strap (i didn't even get a chance to use mine!)

You're always welcome bro, and there'll always be a spot in the Side B convoy for you.

Keep On Truckin!

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » January 31st, 2012, 1:29 am

lighthammer wrote:- getting out of the trail proved to have some action too, two hiluxes and a Mazda B2500 got stuck badly and needed a full team effort.

Didn't get stuck. I had plenty traction, but if I tried to move forward, the back of my van was sliding into Rotated front bumper. Thanks to Sal and Imtiaz for pushing my tray away from Rotated while I drove off.

Note one thing. NO ONE SHOULD GO ON A TRAIL BY THEMSELVES. The guy in the old model Hilux that got stuck and wasn't part of our group. Imagine if we were not there, what would have happened to him?? It had no way he could drive out by himself. Always go with others even if it's just scouting.
The good part though was us getting to see that lift in operation. I could really do with one of those.

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » January 31st, 2012, 1:38 am

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » January 31st, 2012, 5:34 am

Bess pics hoss!!! More videos needed!

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » January 31st, 2012, 5:59 am

@DoomRR - nah wasn't referring to you, was Claries who got hung up by his front diff on the exit. He didn't hug the bank by the tree like when we were entering by the clearing, he went into the deep ruts instead next to where the old hilux got hung up. Had to tug him backwards with a snatch strap.

Smeed
Sweet on this forum

Postby Smeed » January 31st, 2012, 6:15 am

DoomRR drove out on his own....... dem paddle tires he have on like dey didn't want to stick at all !! meh boy power thru but woulda jus clip rotated's front end so he had to wait till we got rotated out.
hoss i still laughing at hilux dude..... so anxious to get de young gyul to de beach he didn't wanna wait for we to pull out we people..... i trying to tell de man to stop buh all of a sudden he decide to swing to his right and take dat track that was evidently soft mush..... next ting meh boy jus sink, engine resting in de muck, diff buried..... he come out looking like he wanna cry and tell me " boy u send me dong dere jed, i stick real bad"

i was like "wtf dude.... u a tun tun or wha?" de best part was at first nobody was sympathetic and we continue focusing on yanking out rotated. tractor man and de odder guy with the shackles was like "wheeeeeeeeeey sah, like u go hadda come back for dat tomorrow hoss", meh boy look at we like a lil lost puppy yes..... i couldn't help but laff

just goes to show the importance of being prepared. jeremy and rottedv risk their own vehicles to help him out. dem straps see some serious strain dere and meh doy didn't even have a shovel or rope with him.

Smeed
Sweet on this forum

Postby Smeed » January 31st, 2012, 6:39 am

just a few pics..... hands had a lil too much mud on them :lol:
Attachments
8.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
DSC08579.JPG

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » January 31st, 2012, 10:02 am

i would not be surprised to see him joining us for a run sometime, ah say "hoss, yuh cudda go inna hotel" we rel buss out laughing....den he face change wen we say how much is the recovery fee...

yeah boi smeed, yuh rel wukk boi, and de strap and shackles too....

this run was really a best run, long time since we saw some old faces and great to have new blood coming in.....

but props also goes to bobvis in the jimny, he made dat on 2WD, his 4WD was not functioning at all, and de man jus ploughing tru, he kinda heated the clutch a bit, but he was ok....

and to Linsay, (Mrs Imtiaz), good ting u or none ah dem gyul in dat van was preggy or else.......dat fella foot heavy boi, i coulda swear he rent dat van, and then yuh show him how its done, with the front CV on its way out, you exited the trail like a boss....big up Side-B female driver!!!!!!!

Smeed
Sweet on this forum

Postby Smeed » January 31st, 2012, 10:22 am

hahahah.... dude is not "work" when u having soooo much fun. dais real small ting, plus de mud good for yuh skin!

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 31st, 2012, 11:26 am

Smeed wrote:DoomRR drove out on his own....... dem paddle tires he have on like dey didn't want to stick at all !! meh boy power thru but woulda jus clip rotated's front end so he had to wait till we got rotated out.
hoss i still laughing at hilux dude..... so anxious to get de young gyul to de beach he didn't wanna wait for we to pull out we people..... i trying to tell de man to stop buh all of a sudden he decide to swing to his right and take dat track that was evidently soft mush..... next ting meh boy jus sink, engine resting in de muck, diff buried..... he come out looking like he wanna cry and tell me " boy u send me dong dere jed, i stick real bad"

i was like "wtf dude.... u a tun tun or wha?" de best part was at first nobody was sympathetic and we continue focusing on yanking out rotated. tractor man and de odder guy with the shackles was like "wheeeeeeeeeey sah, like u go hadda come back for dat tomorrow hoss", meh boy look at we like a lil lost puppy yes..... i couldn't help but laff

just goes to show the importance of being prepared. jeremy and rottedv risk their own vehicles to help him out. dem straps see some serious strain dere and meh doy didn't even have a shovel or rope with him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » January 31st, 2012, 5:12 pm

i reached late, but better late than never
familiar faces, new faces ....turnout was massive!!!
great run!

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » January 31st, 2012, 5:53 pm

Imtiaz bend up he barrel and eventually break it off because of hilux dude!

I tried at least 10 times alone and 10 times with me and Imtiaz strapped to that lux to yank him out, and he was going nowhere.. diff was just buried and banging against the ground.

Then we hadda jack up the man van, full the holes, and then yank him out again!!

All this after I just done bathe in the beach and change meh clothes. Steups!

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » January 31st, 2012, 6:41 pm

Where Kristy sister's videos? She was recording some good footage.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » January 31st, 2012, 11:03 pm

stretch
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stretch » January 31st, 2012, 11:59 pm

argh looked like real fun guys.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » February 1st, 2012, 1:46 am

smeed wrote:just goes to show the importance of being prepared. jeremy and rottedv risk their own vehicles to help him out. dem straps see some serious strain dere and meh doy didn't even have a shovel or rope with him.

I like to tell people about the 5 P's - Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » February 1st, 2012, 7:08 am

Lmao!!!!

Its all good!!!! Really didn't know dat d van gained so much power after I fixed the boost leak. I'll take it a bit slower next time!

aliman
Street 2NR

Postby aliman » February 1st, 2012, 7:21 am

GREAT run!!!! great group of guys beautiful women, 4x4's, mud and beach. I would call that a perfect day. Hope u guys got another run soon.

booEVO
3NE 2NR for life

Postby booEVO » February 1st, 2012, 9:29 am

people,

not trying to bash any1, but the white boi in the hilux iz a regular at cuevas and for those who making that run for years and years now, will know the same lux as the "Las Cuevas wrecker".

trust me when i say that tires were his only downfall on the day cuz he can walk trough everywhere in "d cuevas" once back on good lugs.

jus defending a friend d same way i wud stand up for the side b guys that i know.

Nice to see that aside from the ole talk that you guys helped.

Wayne

Smeed
Sweet on this forum

Postby Smeed » February 1st, 2012, 12:10 pm

booEVO.... there's no need to defend your white boy friend cause he's not the "tun tun" we speak off. White boy in the blue lux easily manuevered hiw way around us and went his merry way..... he seemed very cool and did not have any issues..... he made it thru very easily.

However, the "tun tun" we speaketh of was driving another older model lux and his escapade is the one that gave us some laughs, but the boys ended up rescuing him.... a great team effort that even the stuckee was surprised by....

so no need to defend yuh boy..... small ting doh study it...... even with his smoothish tires he ran thru wid ease

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » February 1st, 2012, 2:48 pm

Fuh real. Yuh boi in the blue Lux destroy Cuevas even with his smooth tires. The place where rotated fell in and got stuck. He picked there to drive through. And with some good action, he managed to drive through it. The guy knew what he was doing. And wow that Lux was high! 

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » February 1st, 2012, 3:13 pm

lighthammer wrote:
smeed wrote:just goes to show the importance of being prepared. jeremy and rottedv risk their own vehicles to help him out. dem straps see some serious strain dere and meh doy didn't even have a shovel or rope with him.

I like to tell people about the 5 P's - Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Please God don't let me get sick in Grande...
And how long you telling people that? LOL.

I count P's!

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » February 2nd, 2012, 2:20 pm

i could do with a bake and shark and a dip in las cuevas this evening......

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » February 6th, 2012, 12:51 pm

flecking work in 3...2....1.... let's go!!

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » February 6th, 2012, 1:26 pm

IN IN IN IN!

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”