TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

I politely told an officer to impound my BT50

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » March 14th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Trinidad and Tobago is such a sweet place.

I got pulled over this morning in the vicinity of Seeram Brothers by police officer conducting a massive road block. The "young boy" officer pulled me over...I complied. The said officer walked up to my van and said he was doing a test to see if my tint was in line with the law. I asked him which part of the law he was referring to and whether there was a defined requirement.

The "young boy" officer said i would have to strip my van. I simply told the officer that he would have to impound the vehicle since i am NOT stripping any tint because this is how the vehicle came from the factory - factory installed tint. I explained to him this is how the vehicle came and this is the original tint. Young boy is hyped up and tells me i have to strip the tint....i come out the vehicle, grab my camera and say by all means - go ahead. Write down his police id number which is displayed on his uniform.

He calls his senior officer and the old man comes around and asks what is the issue here...I explain to him what was happening and he responds "I dont know what wrong with these young boy police officers these days nah...you are free to go...

Whats really going on in this place?

Blackbyrd
Street 2NR

Re: I politely told an officer to impound my BT50

Postby Blackbyrd » March 14th, 2012, 2:09 pm

The Police service needs to reconsider the criteria for hiring these new Officers because SOME of them not very bright as in this incident.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » March 14th, 2012, 2:18 pm

should have sat in the drivers seat and hit him the double middle finger, then ask him if he see dat, his response would be the solution!!!!!!

outkast
Street 2NR

Postby outkast » March 14th, 2012, 2:21 pm

vinod stop giving trouble,ye boy andy here

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » March 14th, 2012, 2:50 pm

that is what 3 O'Levels get you.

sh*t in s*it out.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » March 14th, 2012, 4:50 pm

I think I know the officer you talk about cause this morning I went thro the same road block but they didnt stop me. The young boy watching me cuteye and signaling me to drive up

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » March 14th, 2012, 8:57 pm

The thing is - at the beginning of the road block were numerous License Officers and i passed through like normal because my van is stock as some of you know. Is coming down to the end - the young boy police officer wah play he beating he chest.

So the relevance of this thread - aside for a small rant - what will happen if you are passing through these things with snorkel, mud tyres, fog lights, big frontal bumper, winch etc etc - van men dead !

While some of the above may not be "illegal" the perception and the opportunity may be there to get pulled over for some "ole talk" from these high profile educated police officers ?

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » March 15th, 2012, 5:42 am

lmao!!!!! gee dem!!!!

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » March 15th, 2012, 9:50 am

tizik 2nr
3NE 2NR for life

Postby tizik 2nr » March 15th, 2012, 11:57 am

Blackbyrd wrote:The Police service needs to reconsider the criteria for hiring these new Officers because SOME of them not very bright as in this incident.

It must be a strategy, the stupider they are the easier they are to control....

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » March 15th, 2012, 2:38 pm

droppa wrote:should have sat in the drivers seat and hit him the double middle finger, then ask him if he see dat, his response would be the solution!!!!!!

:twisted: I am so trying this one... :lol:

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » March 15th, 2012, 9:38 pm

lighthammer wrote:Image

***Take Win***

1 dead with laughter

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » March 15th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Good show to challenge them and see that they really full of hot air

Don't do that with a license officer eh

Popo is joke sometimes fuh real

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » March 16th, 2012, 7:03 am

venum wrote:Good show to challenge them and see that they really full of hot air

Why not ? What makes him all mighty and powerful ? The worse case scenario is that my vehicle would be impounded and there are legal processes to deal with that. I have no problem of a person doing their job - however i do have a problem with abuse of power and propagation of non-sense.

Something as simple as tint - there is no legal guideline on this and virtually subjective to whims and fancies of whomever at that time....So a police / lisc officer wake up on the wrong side of the bed the morning of a road block and the public has to pay for his stupidness...

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » March 16th, 2012, 10:04 am

I have no problem of a person doing their job - however i do have a problem with abuse of power and propagation of non-sense.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » March 17th, 2012, 7:51 am

V2NR 3.0 wrote:
venum wrote:Good show to challenge them and see that they really full of hot air

Why not ? What makes him all mighty and powerful ? The worse case scenario is that my vehicle would be impounded and there are legal processes to deal with that. I have no problem of a person doing their job - however i do have a problem with abuse of power and propagation of non-sense.

Something as simple as tint - there is no legal guideline on this and virtually subjective to whims and fancies of whomever at that time....So a police / lisc officer wake up on the wrong side of the bed the morning of a road block and the public has to pay for his stupidness...

I agree with your cause . . . but Police cannot impound at a road block, license officers can

do you really want to go through all that inconvenience of having your vehicle impounded, then going through the slow (and who knows how long) legal proceedings to proove that you were right to get it back

suppose it takes 6 months or 1 year?

who knows please enlighten us on the process?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”