Forums

conversion info

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

conversion info

Postby centralized(m) » March 13th, 2012, 9:48 pm

So i recently converted my mitsubishi libero 4g15 carb 4wd to ga15de fwd (b14 engine). So far i like it. (specially d ac now) Did a full tune up and such and got a little more power than wen it now drop in but it seems it still have a bit of problems still.

One of those being that when i put on my indicator d car idles up and down with the indicator coming on and off (it ticking me off).

Also i find d transmission shifts a bit ruff and well d gears shift in too early (car doesnt kick down when i mash hard arounnd 100kph it jus lugs and accelerately slowly till d desired speed.

3rdly overall the engine although tuned up (oil change, plugs changed, injectors cleaned) it moves sluggish and i believe it can do better.
Any adivce on tune up products for the ga15de eg oil to use,plugs, filters,cai, and anything else that great for d engine and also, any advice on what i mentioned here would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Re: conversion info

Postby centralized(m) » March 14th, 2012, 10:25 am

anyone??

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » March 18th, 2012, 2:38 pm

??????

Grudge
Sweet on this forum

Postby Grudge » March 19th, 2012, 3:39 pm

1) Seem like the electrician put the engine idle up on the indicator instead of the headlamps...
2) It also seems like the kick-down cable need re adjusting for kick down and smoother gear change....

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » March 19th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Grudge wrote:1) Seem like the electrician put the engine idle up on the indicator instead of the headlamps...
2) It also seems like the kick-down cable need re adjusting for kick down and smoother gear change....

Thank you very much Grudge......btw what is the kick-down cable actually? and is it an easy adjustment?

nubbiecar
Ricer

Postby nubbiecar » March 26th, 2012, 9:45 pm

hmm...i have the same in my lancer (cb3) model..got a suggestion for spark plugs try Bosch Platinum works to me better than NGK.Oil is Castrol 20w 50..no scene with dat an the regular B14 oil filter..I havent install no CAI,,BTw got a favour..hw much did ur ac come up to..I looking for the longest time to do mines..I hope this cud help u

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » April 6th, 2012, 12:18 pm

nubbiecar wrote:hmm...i have the same in my lancer (cb3) model..got a suggestion for spark plugs try Bosch Platinum works to me better than NGK.Oil is Castrol 20w 50..no scene with dat an the regular B14 oil filter..I havent install no CAI,,BTw got a favour..hw much did ur ac come up to..I looking for the longest time to do mines..I hope this cud help u

thanks man......my a/c came up nothing much nah...cant remember the exact price right now....buh uh kno d back entrance of grandbazzar opposite nestle it have 2 good a/c men on the side street there...one opposite the other...check dem out

centralized(m)
Sweet on this forum

Postby centralized(m) » April 6th, 2012, 12:22 pm

i checked it out at the mech earlier dis week...the kick down cable was adjusted and d car gears change smooth and i get d kickdown now. it works great. My idle was adjusted also and the sensor cleaned so im idling alot better now. im to carry d car back sometime to go over the entire wiring to find the indicator problem and get it sorted out....

anthonbrown
Riding on 13's

Postby anthonbrown » April 24th, 2012, 10:33 am

please let me know if the problem was fixed i have the same problem in a libero ga15de conversion

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”