TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Driving School 2 Change of date

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

mazdamaniac
Trinituner Peong

Re: Driving School 2 Change of date

Postby mazdamaniac » March 22nd, 2012, 6:04 am

Ok the points presented have been considered and as a compromise we shall keep the general course layout the same for both Driving School 2 and SoloDex 2 but will throw in a few surprise elements for the SoloDex 2 competition event so that the courses will not be truly identical.

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » March 22nd, 2012, 7:44 am

Hi, 195 views and 30 comments, i think more people are viewing than contributing to the discussion, does that mean all the members are viewing the discussion, no. But its no secret that they all have the opportunity to and since the topic was emailed its safe to assume they were all informed, so as much as we would like to inform everyone, if they don't respond on the forum or via email or on facebook, or call the execs and say something then it can only be assumed that they agree. (i assume the conclusion of this discussion will be sent to the membership via the other lines of distribution soon)

I have no experience so what i'm about to say might be stepping on hallowed ground for some, whats wrong with having the same trick more frequently? yes those that drive it will have more experience on that track but so what, drag racing has been on the same track since they raced donkey carts, NASCAR does only make left turns. anyways that's not a big deal and its a rhetorical question, think about it, what is wrong with repeating courses more frequently?

i agree with chris wrt repeating the dex2 course at driving school 3 would be a better compromise. i disagree with making comparisons to when you were a rookie, just cause it was harder for any of you when you had just joined doesn't mean you should ensure that they new rookies should have it just as hard, in fact you should be using your vast collection of experience to make it easier for rookies, and yes make a special effort to attract them and encourage them to stay.

i might be putting my foot in my mouth with this one but, vishnu, if i'm wrong about this feel free to say i was wrong. isn't this thread and discussion the avenue for presenting the membership with the idea vetted by the execs? i don't think the intention as to just do what ever they please and to hell with what the membership has to say, this is the memberships opportunity to voice their concerns on the matter, and i'm sure on some level they thank you for your discourse.

I look forward to driving school 2 and seeing you all there, whether you're a rookie or yuh just come to peep at the track for dex2

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » March 22nd, 2012, 11:33 am

Whizpig I see your point but what you are missing is that part of the sport "solodex" was always to drive an unknown course for the first time and the person that could do this the fastest with the least errors wins.
In the examples you gave, none of those forms of motorsport use what I have just said as a basis for defining themselves. That aspects makes solo racing what it is.
The form of motorsport that you are referring to that will be similar to solodex and allow practise so to speak on a course is time attack. Solodex is no time attack. It is this that is the fundamental difference between the two.
I have heard proffesional circuit drivers come to dex and complain about the new course every event and the cones are confusing but he too missed the point, this is part of our sport...in addition to adhering to proprer driving techniques etc.
You ever notice and ask yourself why all the dex drivers do so well at that drag and wind? Its because we can quickly adjust to a new course and that course in particular don't have much to learn lol, plus you get to drive it every event.....outcome? The other drivers still don't have the course down wrt to line braking points etc.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » March 22nd, 2012, 11:39 am

I would like to thank vishnu for listening to my points and even calling me personally and we were able to compromise and come to a mutual decision on the matter. Just goes to show that listening to everyones ideas can benefit everyone instead of always fighting down comments as some have done in this said post.
Thank you vishnu.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 23rd, 2012, 4:56 pm

:lol: at the placating. There's one age group that requires that.

chris1388,
YOUR FEAR........... of the extra wear and tear on your competition tires, by attending these driving schools is valid actually, unlike the other "invented" accusations you mentioned.

The advice to ALL who face that dilemna, is invest in some cheap wheels, and rubbish tires for BYCC's / driving schools.
There is great benefit to practicing with non-competitive tires, and then racing with grippier ones.

:lol: :lol: And knowing you won't take my word for it, you can click the link below, and read some else saying it in a related thread. :lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=181178&p=2493127&#p2493127

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » March 23rd, 2012, 11:03 pm

^^Easy for you to say from the sideline doing nothing but bumping ur gum.

As many have advised, ignoring your comments is really the best solution.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 23rd, 2012, 11:46 pm

gyys, Vishnu has put this to rest :)
Chris and Wag, I'll buy the beers...you two just have to show up and chill :)

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 24th, 2012, 4:16 am

chris1388 wrote:^^Easy for you to say from the sideline doing nothing but bumping ur gum.

As many (actually Devi, while again trying to placate and console the child, but you see the spin put on it) have advised, ignoring your comments is really the best solution.

That's right. I say it because I went through it, and will do so again.

And YOU should follow exactly that advice. ;)
MG Man wrote:gyys, Vishnu has put this to rest :)
Chris and Wag, I'll buy the beers...you two just have to show up and chill :)
Nah Kev. I'm a do nothing drunk. Don't encourage me. :lol:
Last edited by wagonrunner on April 1st, 2012, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 24th, 2012, 7:36 am

who say I buyin more than one beer?
(Still have some in the fridge eh)

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 24th, 2012, 12:30 pm

One hopes these new shining lights who think Solodex began the day they first competed, will offer themselves in some capacity on the executive come next election

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 25th, 2012, 1:14 am

I’ve read through this entire thread and there are some valid concerns in between the posts.

chris1388, not to come down on your case man but because you’ve never heard of the exec asking members for a course design for a championship event does not mean that the provision does not exist.

Maybe a better approach was if you had asked the question, whether publicly or privately, about members being able to assist in course design, rather than taking the route of what some perceive as a rant.

Yeah this is a public forum and we are all free to voice our concerns (just ask me...I used to annoy the hell out of a former TTRC and CARS exec) but sometimes if we stop and think and maybe ask a question or two then there would be no need to invoke the Wrath of Kahn (read: wagonrunner) :lol:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 25th, 2012, 1:20 am

"Wrath of"? :rofl:

Did i not say he was wrong, and why?

D morocoy. your beers balance just went in definite arrears. :lol:

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 25th, 2012, 4:34 am

gt4tified wrote:I

chris1388, not to come down on your case man but because you’ve never heard of the exec asking members for a course design for a championship event does not mean that the provision does not exist.

allyuh fellas real harsh
keep in mind, as with most aspects f any society / social group, most individuals with a gripe simply stay quiet...very few speak up...........which comes back to my well beaten point, ie what is the club doing to try and garner opinions and feedback from members, especially new ones

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » March 25th, 2012, 11:54 am

Ralph...I take your point. If that indeed was the main point of the argument I would have simply taken the route that you have stated.
Why not turn it around and ask the exec the same question you have posed to me....why did THEY not ask ANY members about the changes wrt to course design for the solodex championship 2012??
Again missing the point of my argument in the first place
Some of you all feel that because I am "new" and allur in dex donkey years that my opinion must not be heard or even considered.

In any event the exec has heard my point and has responded to the matter.

Kevin just as you have stated is the case with the majority staying quiet....well this post is a prime example on why this situation exists especially among newcomers. +1 to that list....i will come to drive and thats it.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 25th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Opinions................ok
each of those were refuted, well except for the last one (and we should leave it like that). but ok.
chris1388 wrote:"solodex" was always to drive an unknown course for the first time
chris1388 wrote:My point is this a decision that goes against the entire solodex concept in that a new course is used every competition event. Yet the exec felT the need to simplu overide the members and go ahead and make this change.
chris1388 wrote:Part of the sport has always been to interpret and navigate a new course on competition day, this has always set us apart from other forms of the sport.
chris1388 wrote:Solodex was based on the idea that each competition event would be a new and unique course, this was one of the things that actually gave dex some excitement....now you guys are taking this away??
chris1388 wrote:^^Easy for you to say from the sideline doing nothing but bumping ur gum.

Fact Vs Opinion:
A fact is something that is true about a subject and can be tested or proven.
Look for clues such as: " 56% of...., or "The patient experienced..."

An opinion is what someone thinks about that subject.
Look for clues such as: "I believe...", "It's obvious...", or "They should..."

chris1388 wrote:Some of you all feel that because I am "new" and allur in dex donkey years that my opinion must not be heard or even considered.
That's your beleif. Because when you're told you're wrong,. And the manner you then respond in, "they eh want to hear you." you want to hear anyone else?
And then the "best" part is try to paint the picture "oh nobody likes to listen to those who new". which is rubbish.
chris1388 wrote:Kevin just as you have stated is the case with the majority staying quiet....well this post is a prime example on why this situation exists especially among newcomers. +1 to that list....i will come to drive and thats it.
Thankfully not all newcomers think or behave like you do. I've seen my share, and some still here. Some left (studies, etc) and returned.

IMO That is your behavior. You don't have it your way, so you're not doing anything further? And you've been doing it for quite a while. 8-)

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 25th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Chris, I do take your point and yes I was addressing only one part of it. Kevin, it's not about being harsh, no one should be stifled in expressing an opinion or asking a question but even in doing so, there are differences in the mode of expression.

I remember when some years ago I took issue with the treatment meted out to Marshals at TTRC events, I posted abouti it on this very site, only to be berated by certain members of the TTRC exec. After that I said nothing more, and shortly after the same said exec had to have a meeting with those Marshals left remaining to hear their concerns, due to the high attrition rate of Marshals working for events. Again I sat down at that meeting and said nothing, only listening to others say exactly what I said months before. And I looked at that exec, who even after, never admitted to me that I was right nor apologized for how they treated me when I initially raised the issues.

And lo and behold, even now years after said club still has great difficulty in getting Marshals for events.

Anyway my point is, I'm all about standing up for yourself, but also know that the manner in which you do so can be perceived in different ways, once done publicly. Daz all.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 27th, 2012, 12:13 pm

after reviewing everything here, I think one point to consider is the need to have members of the exec committee answer questions before members, and in some cases, non-members start beating each other over the head in trying to find answers.....same situation in Kirk's thread........official responses are often few and very far between. Heck there are people in this ched with opinions, and they do not even compete.........while there is nothing wrong with that, it still makes it unappealing for people who have a genuine stake to voice their opinion......imagine all the novices who are looking at this thread and thinking 'nah boy, I eh able wid this nah....bess I keep quiet'
No point speaking up when forum users can engage in a raging debate while nobody from the exec has anything to say.........I'm just sayin'

The exec needs to remember this is the Club's official forum, where members are free to ask questions etc, but it is all for naught if the exec fails to respond while members / non members argue all day long. And before anyone says it is time consuming etc, some exec members post in the Ole Talk all day about random nonsense, so the time can be found....>disclaimer<ah say some eh, not all<disclaimer<

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » March 28th, 2012, 9:18 am

chris1388 wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:
chris1388 wrote:I honestly don't like the trend that is developing here in solodex with using a BYCC course as the competition course. Solodex was based on the idea that each competition event would be a new and unique course, this was one of the things that actually gave dex some excitement....now you guys are taking this away??

Has it come to the point where our execs no longer have the ingenuity to create and design a new and exciting course?

Those different courses are submitted by members, racers (past/present/future), persons who willing to give the time to try something for others. In other words not just the exec.

I notice you beyotch about courses. when they published "me eh like dat" " dat boring" "bleh". Yet I've never seen you submit one. Have you?

In my brief history of solodex NEVER have i heard the exec invite course design from members for an official competition event, the head of solodex has always posted the course....since I've been around anyway. If this is the case then the exec should invite course design applications for each event of the year.

The way I see it your comment does not even seem to be a fair idea, since a member who is also a competitor on the day can be biased and design a course to suit his/her car.

Vishnu please clarify exactly why you have decided to go down this path. I highly doubt it is because no one else wants to create a "new" course as wagonrunner is implying. If it is then please officially clarify if indeed a member who is also competing in the championship can submit a course for an official competition event.

Chris,

Just to re-iterate. It's not that new courses are difficult to design, but we are trying to make solodex more new member friendly. It is a compromise that we are implementing in the face of dwindling membership.

Members design courses all the time (as mentioned) nobody will actively poll users, but I do not consider you a new member, if you have a fun design that you think the competitors will enjoy, by all means talk to us and submit it man! Nothing ventured nothing gained. Even brand new members can throw in a design. Talk to Vishnu if you like. This is an inclusive thing. Not like a promoter putting in an event for profit, but vomunteers working behind the scenes to ensure successful events, and the more hands we have the better.

Lastly, attend some meetings outside the event if you are interested, likt the rule change meeting attended by Whizpig and others. WHile you are talking about wagonrunner "bumping his gum"from the sidelines, he is not on the exec, but attends the meetings and helps out with the website and other initiatives, so in effect, who is really bumping the gums here? This is not an attack, but a way to show that assumptions are just that, assumptions, and if you don't act, or ask for what you want, how can you expect it to happen?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 28th, 2012, 2:15 pm

good grief
put it to rest nah
Vishnu dealt with chris properly several posts ago
we jus wanna RACE..........well not me, I get banned :(

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 28th, 2012, 2:27 pm

^^
but is not you self wanted a post from an exec member. eh eh eh :poke: :lol:

I dunno why CBH sell me out though. :evil: :evil:
Now i hadda drink even harder to keep up the previous image. :mrgreen:

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » March 28th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Not sure if I was the only one, but I got an email about that rule change discussion 2pm the same day that it was scheduled on.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 28th, 2012, 8:28 pm

wagonrunner wrote:^^

Glenfidich 15yrs old on sale at Dufry.....grease yuh link!

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 29th, 2012, 1:12 am

gt4tified wrote:Glenfidich 15yrs old on sale at Dufry.....grease yuh link!
we up in dat. and in d the stadium friday. so call meh. numbers eh change.

from.......... viewtopic.php?f=28&t=415733&p=5934032&hilit=rule+valpark#p5934032
THINK ANYONE WOULD NOTICE THE POSTED DATE AND TIME IN THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER?? :| :| :|

anybody else find this tune real swanky?

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » March 29th, 2012, 9:20 am

wagonrunner wrote:^^

ENT@MGMAN!!!

And sorry dey. Continue to bump gums...

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 29th, 2012, 10:33 am

wagonrunner wrote:
gt4tified wrote:Glenfidich 15yrs old on sale at Dufry.....grease yuh link!
we up in dat. and in d the stadium friday. so call meh. numbers eh change.

from.......... viewtopic.php?f=28&t=415733&p=5934032&hilit=rule+valpark#p5934032
THINK ANYONE WOULD NOTICE THE POSTED DATE AND TIME IN THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER?? :| :| :|

anybody else find this tune real swanky?

Bess tune dey.
Last edited by gt4tified on March 30th, 2012, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 30th, 2012, 12:17 am

^^done
crazybalhead wrote:ENT@MGMAN!!!

And sorry dey. Continue to bump gums...

bring beers. in TIN to the stadium tomorrow, well later. aid the effort.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » April 1st, 2012, 9:27 pm

mazdamaniac wrote:Hi Folks,
The second SoloDex driving school is presently carded for 08th April 2012 which is Easter Sunday and being a long weekend quite a few members may prefer to spend this time with their family. As a result we are proposing a change of date to 22 April 2012. This will also shorten the time between the driving school and SoloDex 2 in which the same course will be used for both events to heighten the competition. This new date has already been cleared with TTRC. Please let us know if there are any objections to this new date or if this will be a welcomed change.

Vishnu Charran
Head of SoloDex

fellas. :lol: :lol: after all the old talk, Is the driving school the 8th or the 22nd?
CBH.................

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » April 2nd, 2012, 12:42 am

Hope iz 22nd, cuz no way I gine be reddy 4 d ate.

mazdamaniac
Trinituner Peong

Postby mazdamaniac » April 2nd, 2012, 7:16 am

The Driving School will be on 22 April 2012.

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » April 4th, 2012, 9:59 pm

i'd like the template for visio. email adrian_persad@hotmail.com.........

I have not the resources to purchase a third set of wheels and tires just for bycc nor do i have the fundage for bycc soooo .........i call shotgun in all a alyuh carrrrrsssss

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”