TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Re: TriniGT's Project R34 GT FOUR

Postby TriniGT » April 4th, 2012, 9:09 am

Does anyone know someone that does excellent wire conversions, not someone that uses a tester to get a signal, but someone that understands the workings of the RB and also doing auto to manual wiring and also handling the ATTESSA on an AWD vehicle and actually removing the attessa harness and grafting the RB26 harness into the original one and removing the stock RB25DE harness? I am not talking cutting wires but repinning connectors and whatnot. PM me with some people and please not hearsay but first-hand experience. Once completed everything is functional and I can plug in my diagnostics and pull readings like normal.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » April 4th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Man wire the car yourself eh!! That's where I'm at... Once you open up the harnesses you will notice what you need to do. I'm sure what you are looking for was done already and the answer is online.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 4th, 2012, 1:14 pm

I will need to get both the N/A wiring diagram and the R32/R33 GTR ECU diagram and compare and transfer wires. This going to be worst case scenario for me to do this.

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » April 4th, 2012, 1:30 pm

You can teach yourself Jason enough to get by. Given it takes some level of intelligence, cxc level physics to understand voltage and resistance. I won't wire a whole car but looking at ecu pinouts and the ECCS diagram make so much more sense now that I can troubleshoot some basic things.
For repinning I trust my buddy Riworx.
Get UKDM diagrams for your car if you can.

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » April 4th, 2012, 1:36 pm

buy a book on wiring on amazon

punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » April 4th, 2012, 2:31 pm

A book on wiring... do show me. i'm probably just naive.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 4th, 2012, 2:36 pm

I can wire and setup relays and all that jazz, afterall I repinned my entire forester fusebox, but knowing the wiring for the attessa setup and then repinning for an entire different engine is maybe overwhelming, will have a look and may do things piece-piece. I first need to get proper wiring diagrams for the new engine which I can get and also for the current engine to know how to go about repinning it.

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » April 4th, 2012, 2:36 pm

punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » April 4th, 2012, 3:59 pm

got ya, thx. I was looking at something more specific.

GTR Fever
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GTR Fever » April 4th, 2012, 9:57 pm

hey Jason, check Marvin from Pt. Fortin or Anil Sooknanan from the forums..both are good at wiring

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 5th, 2012, 8:56 am

Well when the time is right if not I am researching for some ideas right now. We'll see how that goes.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 5th, 2012, 11:39 am

Just got off the phone with Fedex and went downstairs to be greated with my Full RB26DETT Gasket Kit :D. This weekend will be a busy one buttoning up the bottom-end and removing the cam covers and cleaning and freshenign the top as well and then mounting back the intake manifold pieces and oil pump and front and rear crank seals. I am stoked, once completed I will wrap the entire engine and begin looking for replacement exhaust studs and some other items for the turbo side. Have a link on a timing belt and just need to get soem timing gears and already have both the tension and idler pulleys and just waiting on my package from Japan with a couple of parts for the engine. Still need to order the silicone hose kit for under the intake manifold, may do that this weekend and then will prime and paint the block and remove all the welsch plugs and replace with brass ones and that should be it for the engine besides thinking of a paint scheme for the build. It may be a simple wrinkly black with chrome effect and some carbon here and there :D. That's the only update for now.

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » April 6th, 2012, 11:08 am

I really enjoy reading your posts......I kinda live vicariously through you, lol!

Looking forward to seeing this build completed.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 6th, 2012, 11:15 am

killerhyundai-DET wrote:I really enjoy reading your posts......I kinda live vicariously through you, lol!

Looking forward to seeing this build completed.

seconded

525isport
Sweet on this forum

Postby 525isport » April 6th, 2012, 3:18 pm

ive read every page of this thread . cant wait too see the finished product

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 7th, 2012, 12:40 am

Thanks guys, anyway, did get much done today, had to do some running around but took some time to clean some of the bolt-on parts, oil pump, rear crankshaft seal holder, block and head, throttle adapter and upper air bleed passage, not sure of the name. A couple of pics of the progress, first up the oil pump,
Oil pump Piston Removed,
Units soaked in Diesel and cleaned somewhat,
Oil Pump Cleaned,
Front Seal Removed,
Oil Pump Gear inspected and no cracks or uneven wear, reassembled with some oil to prelube it and also the piston and then some high temp permatex lube on the screws and assembly was done,
Gasket kit is in and in use immediately :D,
Intake Manifold / Balance Tube refurb and reseal,
Scrapping,
New Upper Seals for Balance Tube and fresh Silicone for the lower coolant tube,

Now what I didn't take pics of was the cleanup process, with the use of a steel brush and other abrasives, came up okay. I am still concerned of the flow from the balance tube to the head so if I get another balance tube I may tackle the porting but will see. I cleaned and refitted rear crank seal holder and seal and fitted the oil pump and a fresh front seal as well. Got around to cleaning the head and block a little as well, needs a proper cleaning and will treat and paint over the weekend and same time remove the welsch plugs and go look for replacements. Removed the water pump and I am seeing what looks like some slight pitting so may order an N1 pump, pics will be taken of the pitting to confirm, looks minor but may just get one for safety. Other than that I am needing to fit the oil pickup and then the lower sump and then I can begin cleaning the cams and head and then I can begin fitting more exterior stuff. That's all for now.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 8th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Okay not much done today, only began the cleanup process on the block, cleaned the intake side and painted it and then removed the welsch / core plugs and replaced, came out alright. Note to anyone trying this, tap to the left or right of the plug with a hammer and screwdriver, when it starts tilting tap gently, almost lost a plug in the block today, had to take a hardwire and bend it and fiddle to get it up and then a pliers to pull it out, was a little scary.
Hopefully the exhaust side to follow soon. My mini project today was the fuel injectors, they were not the cleanest and a bit rusted so decided to try and refurbish then a little. This is what they looked like when I removed them from the rail,
This is what I am using to get the job done, trusty ole Dremel that has won many a battle with all sorts of tips,
First off, all seals were removed, they will all be replaced in any event, they are quite pricey and will run a bill of a couple hundred, seriously,
First pass with the Dremel on the first injector,
Now five more times :D,
All prepped to paint,
Luckily had these already for the job, from right to left, primer, engine enamel black and clearcoat,
All I could find at the time to hold them in place,
Primed,
Base Coat,
Cleared,
Drying for the night,

That's all for now. Please note that is not overspray from me, from factory all these damn RB injectors have overspray, i tried cleaning them up a little. Hopefully i can get new pintle caps as well as one has a crack and they are not in the best condition.

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » April 9th, 2012, 11:21 am

uber meticulous work there man.

Really can't wait to see the finished product.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » April 9th, 2012, 5:39 pm

where do we sign up for passenger test drives...lol dibs

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 9th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Haha I am funny like that, I hate to see an engine bay looking all nice and then the smallest things like the injectors looking beat out :|. Once the car is up and running passenger driver no probs, will not worry to reupholster the seats till after the experience :lol:.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » April 9th, 2012, 8:57 pm

diapers cheaper..lol

Bacon
Riding on 17's

Postby Bacon » April 9th, 2012, 9:35 pm

You know a man meticulous when he clear coat he injectors....Half of mankind would not have even bothered with the primer....

Mr GT. You wanna take my car for a weekend.....You could clean, prime and clear anythong you want... :mrgreen:

punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » April 10th, 2012, 8:09 am

Can you get injectors flow tested locally? You can fit the new rings & pintles yourself.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 10th, 2012, 8:17 am

Not sure about the flow testing, would love for it to be done as I want to put the highest flowing CC injector to the rear and yeah going to try and get some new pintle caps today, will let you all know the outcome.

punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » April 10th, 2012, 8:26 am

Good times, it's relatively cheap to have them cleaned and tested. about 100 bucks for set of 4.
You can probably send them out, with this type of build and with the 6 plenum you will probably want to know what flow/psi combination you have.

Might have missed it, did it say denso, bosch, delphi on them anywhere?

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 10th, 2012, 9:20 am

Thinking about shipping them to Deatschwerks, 19US per injector for the Basic Package and the turnaround is one day. Injectors are Denso, they will replace all seals and test them properly with flow charts as well. Just fill the form, print it, plastic bag them and and box and ship to OK in the US and for me I want a quick turnaround so will pay for express shipping and have them back in no time with proper specs, no guessing.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » April 10th, 2012, 4:32 pm

bess build :D

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 11th, 2012, 8:09 am

Thanks, Deatschwerks are taking too long to get back to me so I purchased an entire kit to rebuild the injectors myself, with all o-rings, filters and pintle caps. It has already been shipped out via USPS Express International. Should get it by early next week for the latest. I am going to get the injectors cleaned or may dou it myself as rigging up a system is not that bad, can be used on all my cars after anyway to do regular servicing.

More to follow, getting the o-ring for the oil pickup today and mounting the sump tonight, then it is time to tackle cleaning the head as I am seeing some rust settling to the top of some of the cam bolts from old oil that was caked up there. The plan is to leave the engine upside down and begin cleaning all the boltswiping the rust off so that I will have no dirt and rust dropping into the head then maybe I can remove the four cam plates and and clean even further upside down. Wonder what I can use to clean the head without damaging the the valve seals?

Once the head is completed then I can get the engine flipped and work on some cosmetic stuff and also begin working on both the intake and turbo sides and preparing the engine assembly. Still have to order the silicone replacement hoses for under the intake manifold, hopefully by end of week I should have this on order.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » April 14th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Did some more cleaning and also replaced some more welsch / core plugs. Cleaned the Exhaust side and sprayed it a little. Came out alright but nothing special, some pics,
Front Shot with Cam gears set at timing marks, Oil Pump installed and water Pump installed,
Rear Shot look at the Water Core Plug, it's setup so that the rear core plug cannot blow off under high HP,
Good thing I didn't get rid of these, Tomei Exhaust Gaskets,
Then removed these two as I have two new ones currently being shipped,
Tried cleaning the engine stamp, yes no engine number, will clean it thoroughly later on,
Found a small core plug inside the thermostat housing area, was ticklish but replaced it,
Cleaned the cam bolts and head somewhat and you can faintly see the cam specs engraved, Nismo custom 272 9.7 intake and exhaust,
And lastly, I cleaned the oil cap and it reads, I Wish You Success 340Km/h Pray to God by Dee's Club, it is staying cause it is pure JDM, apparently Dee's Club owns JDM-Option Japan :D.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » April 15th, 2012, 7:49 pm

why did you lean towards using red silicone...i find it makes teh work look lil messy... but good job on it though, btw u could use purple blaster on the head. it doesnt hurt the seals

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”