TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Toyota Hilux D4D 4x2....Clutch or Diesel Pump????

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Esharcangel
Street 2NR

Toyota Hilux D4D 4x2....Clutch or Diesel Pump????

Postby Esharcangel » April 16th, 2012, 8:00 am

Hey Turners,

I'm havinga problem with the 4x2 D4D hilux. About a week ago the bearing on the alternator pully stripped and I changed the alternator. However before the alternator stripped I noticed the van was constantly loosing power, I though on changing the alternator I would regain power in the vehicle, but I'm still having the same problem.

The van pulls of on 1st gear ok, but from 2nd to 5th no power. The van literally has to build up momentum on the highway on the 5th gear. The Rpm on the van is at a constant 3000rpm, and the engine is constantly "bawling".

Anyone has any advice on what might be the problem? Or do I have to carry the vehicle for a dianogsis?

An update on the vehicle:

I drove the vehilce a couple of days ago and found that the Clutch releases the Gears at the highest point, literally off the entire pedal.

Does this means that my clutch plate is worn down to nothing??
And will the clutch plate being worn down cause the vehicle to loose power??

Appreciate the help guys.
Last edited by Esharcangel on April 24th, 2012, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Re: Toyota Hilux D4D 4x2

Postby Big Z » April 16th, 2012, 9:08 am

What's the mileage and what work/service have you done in the last 40 000 km?

Esharcangel
Street 2NR

Postby Esharcangel » April 16th, 2012, 9:31 am

It's doing about 90,000km. The vehicle goes from Manzanilla to Sangre Grande once a day. And occasionally to Port of Spain or Maracas. Within the last 40,000km all the servie ever done was just the normal oil & filter changes. I use Castrol Oil changes every 5000-7000km. The vehicle bearly gets fast driving, and rearly drives over 100km, only on the highway. So i'm surpirsed i'm getting this problem.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Big Z » April 16th, 2012, 10:39 am

Your check engine light is not illuminated. A diagnostic in this situation will be a waste of money, as nothing will be found, except for any previous (useless) codes thrown.

In cases where you have a loss of power in a diesel vehicle, the first action should be to replace the fuel and air filters.
If this is unsuccessful, add a bottle of Amsoil Diesel Concentrate to your fuel tank. Ensure that you have enough fuel to drive for 200 km before having to fill up. If this improves your situation, a diesel pump and injector service is required.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » April 16th, 2012, 10:53 am

when (km) was the last time u had ur filters changed?
was this done for sure or some dodgy mech blowing out the filter and saying it changed?

as big z is rightfully saying, filters is the primary check.....

i would advise a new fuel filter, try either bosch or oem, and directly connect to a bottle of amsoil conc to ur supply and return lines and try to flush and clean the pump and injectors.....

also check/clean the MAF, dat cud cause this kinda problem....

common rail diesel engines alot more sensitive the old school direct injected, and when the sensors foul is another story.....

try to stay away from the old shake down np's and use the unipet's

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » April 16th, 2012, 11:30 am

Had a problem with lots of blue smoke on start up and lack of power carried it by Toyota and they said that I had gotten bad diesel and that one of the injectors was completely clogged.

Charged me 700 for cleaning the injectors. This was at 50000km. Also showed me the grime in the filter before it was changed.

Since then no problem and doing just over 110,000 km now

I change the fuel filters at 5000km now and use the TOTAL cleaner every other fill up and no problems since.

No more blue smoke at start up either.

Esharcangel
Street 2NR

Postby Esharcangel » April 16th, 2012, 11:55 am

I changed all filters about 1 month ago. Did it myself so i'm sure the filters are good. I was thinking the same about doing an injectors clean and adding a fuel additive to flush out the injectors. I'll use the Amsoil Concentrate, thanks Big-Z & Droppa.

Do you guys know where I can do the fuel injection treatment? and how much will it cost?

Thank for the toyota price on injector cleaning Pariaman.

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Big Z » April 16th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Esharcangel wrote:Do you guys know where I can do the fuel injection treatment? and how much will it cost?

Professional Gas & Diesel Fuel Injection & Pump Services

323_wagon_dude
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby 323_wagon_dude » April 18th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Esharcangel wrote:I changed all filters about 1 month ago. Did it myself so i'm sure the filters are good. I was thinking the same about doing an injectors clean and adding a fuel additive to flush out the injectors. I'll use the Amsoil Concentrate, thanks Big-Z & Droppa.

Do you guys know where I can do the fuel injection treatment? and how much will it cost?

Thank for the toyota price on injector cleaning Pariaman.

Was there any gunk in the diesel filter canister?? Its possible to change the filter and not clean the canister it resides in where lots of gunk can settle. Unless you drain the diesel in the canister you're not really going to notice the gunk.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » April 18th, 2012, 6:27 pm

when last was the MAF sensor cleaned :?:

Esharcangel
Street 2NR

Postby Esharcangel » April 20th, 2012, 8:39 am

I changed the filter and cleaned the canister myself (with gas) so i'm sure the canister is clean.

The MAF sensor hasn't been cleaned to my knowledge at all, come to think about it. I'll have to locate it in the engine and check it out.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » April 21st, 2012, 3:30 pm

shouldn't be hard to fing

on top airbox

Esharcangel
Street 2NR

Re: Toyota Hilux D4D 4x2....Clutch or Diesel Pump????

Postby Esharcangel » April 24th, 2012, 10:40 am

I'll take a look, sure i'll find it. I also realized another problem. I updated the Post, can anyone give me an idea???

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”