TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

marlener
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 842
Joined: March 31st, 2010, 11:58 am

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby marlener » April 19th, 2012, 6:32 pm

I have a question what is the government suggestion for the owners who wish to give up there dogs?? Who do they call to collect them? I am seeing the government suggestions that would incur expenses to the owners where are the incentives for the owners to do the rigjht thing.When 20 pitbulls are released up Caura and the moving together and smell ah curry duck,what do you think would happen.Then the folks there would panic pelt the dogs who hungry frighten and abandoned.What do you think will happen then. There are many things right here in Trinidad that causing X20 the deaths per year should they be outlawed too,etc alchol,cigerettes,car accidents,poison.I am not going to abandon my dog.Will pay the license once it is within reason. Have be robbed twice in the week or so that I didn`t have a dog.And my brother was robbed and killed in my home while there was no dog.Got a pit,never even miss a avacado off the tree.Vigilance waste of time,police ent reach yet for the robberys,camera watch crime watch,legal gun, Gibbs not signing gun license.

Advertisement
User avatar
Apollo Trinidad
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 380
Joined: February 15th, 2010, 1:25 am
Location: Trinidad

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby Apollo Trinidad » April 19th, 2012, 8:08 pm

so wait, rottweilers not included under this act right?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12778
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 8:11 pm
Location: Not South

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby S_2NR » April 19th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Audiofreaks wrote:so wait, rottweilers not included under this act right?


Na, rotts doh bite according to the government.

User avatar
Apollo Trinidad
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 380
Joined: February 15th, 2010, 1:25 am
Location: Trinidad

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby Apollo Trinidad » April 19th, 2012, 8:52 pm

^ lol, kool !

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 1716
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 11:24 am

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby toyolink » April 19th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I am a owner of 2 bullies and have so far always maintained these animals and the other 5 of different breeds so that they don't in anyway negatively impact on my neighbours and clients.
Training sessions,proper enclosures as well as perimeter fencing and approriate diet are all part of the package of strategies in effect in my compound.
I support legislation designed to protect and or compensate the victims of dog attacks and have now found myself in a real fix.
My relationship with the dogs comes with a full acceptance of responsibility and really my intention is to comply with the laws of the land,this having been said,being able to comply is going to require herculean effort on my part and I am now seriously wondering if all the things are "doable".
I certainly don't plan to let down my good friends in the kennels without really trying.
....THIS ONE REALLY TOUGH.....

User avatar
Bezman
Admin
Posts: 6591
Joined: April 24th, 2003, 2:47 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby Bezman » April 19th, 2012, 9:24 pm

my dog is part of my family, i will spend what ever money and time necessary to keep her home and happy and living as spoilt as she does now.. amen

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10283
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby Stephon. » April 19th, 2012, 9:32 pm

I don't know how to feel about this law. I'm actually on the fence with this one, on one hand, I know a few pit-bull owners, most of their dogs can be very ignorant and it can get annoying and intimidating, even when they tell them to "sit" and "stay" but I never got attacked by them at the end of the day, I just didn't bother to play with certain dogs because I don't know how they feel about me, and I just stay out of the situation.

On another hand, one of my friends has three bullies, he said that he would pay for two and give away the other one or put him to sleep because he cannot afford all three. I've seen these dogs in action before in their younger years, even saw one of them killed another dog before, when I was left to take care of them while my friend went to Tobago (was moving them from the backyard to the front yard and a stray dog got in the yard when I had the gate open) No matter what I did, those jaws wouldn't release the poor dog.

It comes down to how they're trained I guess. I trust those dogs, I even fell asleep on the floor once and woke up to one of the dogs sleeping resting his head on me.

As much as I trust them around myself though, I still have my guard up when around them because at the end of the day, I know what they're capable of and they're not my dogs. One of em could very well get fed up of me going there and wanna run me out of the yard :lol: But for now they're very playful and protective with me.

WRT the law though, I can't really say it's a backward step, I kind of agree with it because SOME (not all) of the people mauled could have been anyone we knew that were just walking down a street and got attacked.

I am going to be sad when my friend decides which dog he is going to give up though, I genuinely love all three of them. I just may end up paying for the third dog, who knows..

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6491
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby DVSTT » April 19th, 2012, 9:58 pm



Their jaws don't really lock! That's just some old myth!

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6491
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby DVSTT » April 19th, 2012, 10:01 pm



Always was a rottie fan though but pitbulls are still great dogs and its a pity the breed has to pay for the negligence and greed of the owners.

User avatar
RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2380
Joined: February 1st, 2011, 8:11 am
Location: Buying bread for yuh mudder

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » April 19th, 2012, 10:07 pm

JoeBama wrote:
RIPEBREDFRUIT wrote:it ALL boils down to RESPONSIBILITY of the OWNERS.

If someone is not Financially Capable of owning a dog then they should not be allowed BY LAW to have one or face Charges.

All the bickering about -omg how much it costing to Own one of these dogs now, if YOU truly LOve and care about your animal then SHUT yuh damn mouth, pay what youre supposed to, provide a SECURE and safe home for it and you should be alright.


we all know u can't see past ur own nose... smh..



YOURE DEFINITELY the true definition of a D A N

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6491
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby DVSTT » April 19th, 2012, 10:27 pm



WOW! This video is a serious eye opener. Human cruelty by far outweighs what damage some dogs have done! Some people just disgusting!

pugboy
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 5471
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby pugboy » April 19th, 2012, 11:18 pm

it was copied blind from the UK law version, hence those particular dogs of which they probably don't even have any locally apart from the pitbull.

Whoever copy it is a poor excuse for a lawmaker and MP.
He/she must have copied plenty stuff in school.....

Pretender wrote:
16 cycles wrote:Why were specific breeds of dogs targeted in the legislation?


Specific breeds were targeted because those who drafted the legislation were uninformed, uneducated about the real issue and too lazy to do their own research so they copied an outdated piece of legislation from another country.

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6491
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby DVSTT » April 19th, 2012, 11:47 pm

pugboy wrote:it was copied blind from the UK law version, hence those particular dogs of which they probably don't even have any locally apart from the pitbull.

Whoever copy it is a poor excuse for a lawmaker and MP.
He/she must have copied plenty stuff in school.....

Pretender wrote:
16 cycles wrote:Why were specific breeds of dogs targeted in the legislation?


Specific breeds were targeted because those who drafted the legislation were uninformed, uneducated about the real issue and too lazy to do their own research so they copied an outdated piece of legislation from another country.


He's right! The government's dangerous dog act is a blatant copy of the UK's 1991 Dangerous Dog Act! Frankly the only real difference is that the UK had 4 breeds listed as dangerous. Local government didn't brand the Dogo Argentino as dangerous, however the English did :/

User avatar
jm3
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2192
Joined: April 22nd, 2007, 6:40 pm
Location: inside

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby jm3 » April 20th, 2012, 12:12 am

nervewrecker wrote:Why dont the muffler bearings put a system in place where potential owners have to meet a specific criteria before they can own a dog? eg Fenced area, financially able to support a dog, willing to seek training for the dog (if necessary) and some sort of effin psychological evaluation of the potential owners so they dont mistreat the animal.
Too much kants buying dog (esp pitbulls as bling) and dont have a secure place to keep them or even treat the dog good, they you wondering why they misbehaving.


This is what i want, if this was the case coupled with punishments in the event of an incident for ALL dogs this would be more effective.
To make a point my dogs are not pitbulls and yet i am still willing to accept the extra responsibility of dog ownership,
if they add my dogs to the list which if they copied the uk legislation is unlikely they would do unless they had a reason to,
i would pay the $500 registration for both dogs,
i am also going to check my home insurance policy to ensure that they are covered.
WE ALL NEED TO STEP UP OUR GAME this law states also any dog deemed dangerous,
so lets not give them a reason to add our breeds to the list or fight to change the law for all dog breeds.

User avatar
Shango_13
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 948
Joined: January 25th, 2010, 10:58 pm
Location: Mayor of Gyasparrillow

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby Shango_13 » April 20th, 2012, 2:15 am

Kamla going to send Gibbs to mash up this protest. Allyuh have permit??

User avatar
sMASH
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6112
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby sMASH » April 20th, 2012, 5:44 am

when the deem my dogs dangerous, i want my dogs to get cable to watch, conjugal rights, and after 5 years, each one collect $5000 when they released back to me.

they only using this bill to get mileage, cause criminals too tricky to deal with; i mean, it hard to collect evidence that a magistrate and jury would believe, police wuk hard dog!



i find, they should make the fees less for registration, if at least for the initial year.
fine/jail the owner for not securing the property instead of IMMEDIATELY killing the animals.
fine/jail dog owners who do not muzzle their dogs on public ROADWAYS

they should implement fines for evidenced situations of people harassing dogs.

many inconsiderate people not going to spend all that money for those dogs cause they don't really care about animals but just see it as a life style accessory. so u can't really get away from people releasing/ killing off their dogs. so that's why i say, just like squatting, don't remove them in the incipient stages, but regularize.

only in severe instances then u take extreme measures.


quite frankly, nearly any dog can be dangerous, i have seen some pothound looking mix downs that unscrupulous, they have every bit of fire, pound for pound as the predecessors.

User avatar
RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2380
Joined: February 1st, 2011, 8:11 am
Location: Buying bread for yuh mudder

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » April 20th, 2012, 7:23 am

DVSTT wrote:
pugboy wrote:it was copied blind from the UK law version, hence those particular dogs of which they probably don't even have any locally apart from the pitbull.

Whoever copy it is a poor excuse for a lawmaker and MP.
He/she must have copied plenty stuff in school.....

Pretender wrote:
16 cycles wrote:Why were specific breeds of dogs targeted in the legislation?


Specific breeds were targeted because those who drafted the legislation were uninformed, uneducated about the real issue and too lazy to do their own research so they copied an outdated piece of legislation from another country.


He's right! The government's dangerous dog act is a blatant copy of the UK's 1991 Dangerous Dog Act! Frankly the only real difference is that the UK had 4 breeds listed as dangerous. Local government didn't brand the Dogo Argentino as dangerous, however the English did :/


because if they included the other BREED, then there would be no leader of the opp......................................................................................................

User avatar
JoeBama
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1439
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Location: lurkin outside..
Contact:

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby JoeBama » April 20th, 2012, 9:32 am

i get mauled by a pompek already.... i want them under the dangerous dogs act!!!!

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6491
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby DVSTT » April 20th, 2012, 9:40 am

JoeBama wrote:i get mauled by a pompek already.... i want them under the dangerous dogs act!!!!


Thats true! the only dog other than pothound to run me down was a pack of pompek!!!

User avatar
JoeBama
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1439
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Location: lurkin outside..
Contact:

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby JoeBama » April 20th, 2012, 9:49 am

de worst is when you walking home and it have a pack of about 7-9 dogs in de road all testing you and all seeing who can come the closest to bite yuh... but wait nuh... that does normally be pot hound ent... isn't that incitement by the dogs? if one bites you who give you recourse? there is so many ways we can look at this issue... its just to say how dumb the law makers of this country are.. this breed specific law is really grinding my gears... so short sighted we are....

imo its an attempt to milk the citizens while creating smoke screens....

User avatar
buzz
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1449
Joined: November 23rd, 2007, 1:21 pm
Location: FL studio 9 mofos !!1!

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby buzz » April 20th, 2012, 10:49 am

Come August 1 many a pitbull will roam the streets :arrow:

banana republic FTL

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10283
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby Stephon. » April 20th, 2012, 11:03 am

Ok and who's fault is that? No where did I see them say that if you cannot afford a dog then let them roam the streets, there are other outlets dog owners can take if they're unable to keep a dog.

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6491
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby DVSTT » April 20th, 2012, 11:03 am

http://www.facebook.com/TrinisAgainstBSL

There's an fb page against the law! Please like and share

User avatar
JoeBama
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1439
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Location: lurkin outside..
Contact:

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby JoeBama » April 20th, 2012, 3:14 pm

i wonder what guru dogs are saying about this....??? hmmm in the scheme of things i don't even think it would matter to them cause at their prices... insurances can be paid..

User avatar
nemisis
punchin NOS
Posts: 3795
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby nemisis » April 20th, 2012, 3:26 pm

JoeBama wrote:i wonder what guru dogs are saying about this....??? hmmm in the scheme of things i don't even think it would matter to them cause at their prices... insurances can be paid..

They can't Breed those dogs anymore reguardless off the fact they can pay..

User avatar
JoeBama
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1439
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Location: lurkin outside..
Contact:

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby JoeBama » April 20th, 2012, 3:32 pm

nemisis wrote:
JoeBama wrote:i wonder what guru dogs are saying about this....??? hmmm in the scheme of things i don't even think it would matter to them cause at their prices... insurances can be paid..

They can't Breed those dogs anymore reguardless off the fact they can pay..


they may not advertise any more but can't breed you say.. come on.. think about it.. really..... understand the group we're talkin bout.... its gonna happen on the low low... minister gonna get their $20g'z blue bully normel!!

User avatar
nemisis
punchin NOS
Posts: 3795
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby nemisis » April 20th, 2012, 3:40 pm

JoeBama wrote:
nemisis wrote:
JoeBama wrote:i wonder what guru dogs are saying about this....??? hmmm in the scheme of things i don't even think it would matter to them cause at their prices... insurances can be paid..

They can't Breed those dogs anymore reguardless off the fact they can pay..


they may not advertise any more but can't breed you say.. come on.. think about it.. really..... understand the group we're talkin bout.... its gonna happen on the low low... minister gonna get their $20g'z blue bully normel!!

I was thinking they would just switch to another breed or get something more exotic and relax themselves. Who knows they maybe in full swing making sure the rott puppy farm up by end of may, wouldn't doubt some money pass so they could keep that breed off the list.

User avatar
JoeBama
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1439
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Location: lurkin outside..
Contact:

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby JoeBama » April 20th, 2012, 3:45 pm

does anyone have figures on reported dog attacks in T&T? would like to relate it to gun related incidents and vehicle accidents..

User avatar
Damien
punchin NOS
Posts: 3095
Joined: April 11th, 2007, 3:51 pm

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby Damien » April 20th, 2012, 4:55 pm

^ padna a vehicle and a gun needs a user to inflict harm, what does a dog need?

User avatar
sMASH
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6112
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby sMASH » April 20th, 2012, 6:36 pm

the dog needs a careless or ignorant handler.

dog could be how bad, once he behind ah gate, he cyar do nobody nutten

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cooloh and 7 guests