TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
spoilchild_hd3
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Location: South...Central & North!
Contact:

WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby spoilchild_hd3 » April 23rd, 2012, 9:46 pm

Hey guys.. Do u guuys think its possible to open up a pioneer usb deck n run a alternative female usb rather than the front1 in the deck (ie to by-pass the frnt1)??? After all usb runs on 4 colour coded wires if im not mistaken....
Opinions Pleasee!!

Advertisement
User avatar
BrotherHood
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 8063
Joined: October 20th, 2010, 2:41 pm
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby BrotherHood » April 24th, 2012, 12:20 am

Wrong forum for this bruh, go to the Car Audio Tech forum.
Here it is..............

viewforum.php?f=3

User avatar
spoilchild_hd3
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Location: South...Central & North!
Contact:

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby spoilchild_hd3 » April 24th, 2012, 1:13 am

i think it'll pass for dis 1 too... bu thnx tho!! wrd

BrotherHood wrote:Wrong forum for this bruh, go to the Car Audio Tech forum.
Here it is..............

viewforum.php?f=3

User avatar
3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9619
Joined: July 12th, 2006, 1:57 pm
Location: killing two stones with one bird...
Contact:

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby 3stagevtec » April 24th, 2012, 2:31 am

spoilchild_hd3 wrote:Hey guys.. Do u guuys think its possible to open up a pioneer usb deck n run a alternative female usb rather than the front1 in the deck (ie to by-pass the frnt1)??? After all usb runs on 4 colour coded wires if im not mistaken....
Opinions Pleasee!!


What do you mean? To run another usb connection to the deck? Or to move the factory front connection to another location?

Would a simple USB male to female extension cord work?

User avatar
spoilchild_hd3
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Location: South...Central & North!
Contact:

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby spoilchild_hd3 » April 24th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Yea to move the factory 1.. Yea dat will work... But i wanna do it so it wudn't hav nething on the front of the deck showin netng...no wire runnin..! so it'll look clean...!

3stagevtec wrote:
spoilchild_hd3 wrote:Hey guys.. Do u guuys think its possible to open up a pioneer usb deck n run a alternative female usb rather than the front1 in the deck (ie to by-pass the frnt1)??? After all usb runs on 4 colour coded wires if im not mistaken....
Opinions Pleasee!!


What do you mean? To run another usb connection to the deck? Or to move the factory front connection to another location?

Would a simple USB male to female extension cord work?

User avatar
spoilchild_hd3
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Location: South...Central & North!
Contact:

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby spoilchild_hd3 » April 25th, 2012, 3:06 pm

wait..bu i was thinkin...since the deck face (which includes the female usb) is separate frm the deck hw i am suppose to accomplish this???? because i wouldnt know wher to find the usb connection wires...! sigh...

User avatar
d.d.s.
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 131
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby d.d.s. » April 25th, 2012, 9:43 pm

There are front usb decks (like what you have) and there are also back usb decks. These have a usb cable connection at the back of the deck. I fed my cable into the glove compartment to conceal it. Hope that helps.

User avatar
spoilchild_hd3
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Location: South...Central & North!
Contact:

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby spoilchild_hd3 » April 26th, 2012, 3:56 pm

i know..my bro has the one at the bak n he did the same tng.. bu mine is only at the front....! n i want to conceal it..... :/

d.d.s. wrote:There are front usb decks (like what you have) and there are also back usb decks. These have a usb cable connection at the back of the deck. I fed my cable into the glove compartment to conceal it. Hope that helps.

User avatar
~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 45693
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 12:18 am
Location: Being the Change that I want to See
Contact:

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby ~Vēġó~ » April 26th, 2012, 9:21 pm

might be easier to just buy a new deck....

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11828
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 26th, 2012, 9:42 pm

what he said^

User avatar
spoilchild_hd3
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Location: South...Central & North!
Contact:

Re: WTK:: opinion on modifyin my usb deck

Postby spoilchild_hd3 » April 27th, 2012, 12:48 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:might be easier to just buy a new deck....


Lol...might be easier to leav it jus so...!

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests