TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

xvirus
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xvirus » April 25th, 2012, 9:36 pm

mojosodope wrote:any workaround to get the personal hotspot feature back besides jailbreaking?


this is what i did Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data
You will find APN under “Internet Tethering”
Type in an access point name & right now i'm on digicel so i used their APN
switching to bmobile this week though

let me know if it work,if it dont i have another fix. :D

Advertisement
User avatar
iDynamic
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 1696
Joined: July 7th, 2004, 3:15 pm
Location: Unknown Coordinates 0000 , 0000
Contact:

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby iDynamic » April 25th, 2012, 10:00 pm

xvirus wrote:
mojosodope wrote:any workaround to get the personal hotspot feature back besides jailbreaking?


this is what i did Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data
You will find APN under “Internet Tethering”
Type in an access point name & right now i'm on digicel so i used their APN
switching to bmobile this week though

let me know if it work,if it dont i have another fix. :D



This only work for Digicel bro , Bmobile removed the feature.

I attempted to bring it back using serval guides editing the system files on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 , still no luck so I guess Digicel is one step ahead again !


Used it to tether internet to my iPad and blackberry simultaneously , works great ! Love ettt!

User avatar
mojosodope
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 897
Joined: April 14th, 2011, 5:27 pm

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby mojosodope » April 25th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Thanks for the replies it will work on Digicel because it's not an official network and uses the generic carrier bundle, bmobile blocked it on their bundle, used to come in handy too.

xvirus
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xvirus » April 25th, 2012, 11:04 pm

iDynamic wrote:
xvirus wrote:
mojosodope wrote:any workaround to get the personal hotspot feature back besides jailbreaking?


this is what i did Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data
You will find APN under “Internet Tethering”
Type in an access point name & right now i'm on digicel so i used their APN
switching to bmobile this week though

let me know if it work,if it dont i have another fix. :D



This only work for Digicel bro , Bmobile removed the feature.

I attempted to bring it back using serval guides editing the system files on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 , still no luck so I guess Digicel is one step ahead again !


Used it to tether internet to my iPad and blackberry simultaneously , works great ! Love ettt!


or ok did you tried resetting network settings?

mojosodope wrote:Thanks for the replies it will work on Digicel because it's not an official network and uses the generic carrier bundle, bmobile blocked it on their bundle, used to come in handy too.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 16342
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 25th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Once you update carrier settings with an iPhone on bmobile the they geeing feature will get turned off

Bmobile disabled it - they can do that kinda thing because they are an official Apple carrier

User avatar
mojosodope
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 897
Joined: April 14th, 2011, 5:27 pm

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby mojosodope » April 26th, 2012, 8:59 am

This app is worth checking out, works great on edge also
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335445191.000937.jpg

User avatar
casper
punchin NOS
Posts: 4884
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 11:44 am
Location: P.O.S & Diego Martin

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby casper » April 26th, 2012, 9:34 am

duane u got the new apple tv yet??? jus ordered mine...i cant wait :D

User avatar
casper
punchin NOS
Posts: 4884
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 11:44 am
Location: P.O.S & Diego Martin

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby casper » April 26th, 2012, 9:35 am

btw lookin for the USB adapter from the camera kit made by apple to buy...anyone have one they not using?

Fishman
Street 2NR
Posts: 97
Joined: June 26th, 2009, 8:14 am

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby Fishman » April 26th, 2012, 11:23 am

shaq090 wrote:
jm3 wrote:
shaq090 wrote:
iDynamic wrote:
jm3 wrote:well i will get my iPhone on thursday, the bmocon family will finally screw me over for the next year.... :(



*reFixed :|


lol it's a factory unlocked model

patts you on back. there there...... wanna imessage about it? lol

btw cant get imessage to work on digicel, any suggestions?


I am having the same issue with iMessage and Facetime on the Digicel network. It seems like the activation information that hapens in the background of the programs is being blocked by Digicel. Once iMessage and Facetime get activated though they will work, the issue is just with activation. Just a heads up too, if you already have it activated dont turn it off and back on cause it will have to go through the activation process again. I had this happen with one of the iPhones and the only way to fix is was to wipe and then restore previous settings from iCloud. If anyone figures out how to activate a new phone let me know cause I have one that needs to be activated.

M_2NR
not Admin
Posts: 7219
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:46 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby M_2NR » April 26th, 2012, 11:40 am

lol so umm.... im seeing a certain visual type of voicemail showing up.... it doesnt actually work though. :lol: but the interface does. On digicel btw.
facetime and imessages work for me though...

mojosodope wrote:sold out in 2 hours, I say no iPhone 5 until 3rd quarter,

updates to the entire mac lineup most likely along with iLife & iWork update announcements

this. along with mountain lion

xvirus
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xvirus » April 26th, 2012, 1:47 pm

guys check out this app:App Tool Kit it worth paying $0.99 :D
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/app-tool ... 28782?mt=8

i love this!

User avatar
SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 2981
Joined: January 13th, 2008, 10:53 am
Location: Trinidad (A Civiclized Country)

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby SRASC » April 26th, 2012, 8:47 pm

iOSLiveTV.com is freely streaming numerous premium TV channels to your iOS device with AirPlay compatible video, reports 9to5Mac.

The legality of this service is questionable so it may not be around for long but check it out.

Image

User avatar
xtech
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2422
Joined: March 15th, 2006, 2:01 pm
Contact:

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xtech » April 27th, 2012, 7:06 am

MuscleNerd wrote: Looks like Apple's currently fixing their activation servers. But the good news is that previous tickets gotten via SAM trick still work.

User avatar
BlueGalant HD
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 3
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 8:03 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby BlueGalant HD » April 27th, 2012, 7:36 am

^^^^^ So what u telling me is that this method had stopped?

I thought everything happens on the phone itself?

User avatar
casper
punchin NOS
Posts: 4884
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 11:44 am
Location: P.O.S & Diego Martin

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby casper » April 27th, 2012, 9:02 am

so watch na...i get d camera connection kit for d ipad...it well buuilt and neat etc but wtf can this thing really do man??? ah vex!!!...i read aboput so much cool stuff it can do other than camera connection online but now everything i try to do that ppl posted up i gettin messages saying it taking up too much power etc...then i read online that all the cool stuff u cudda done with it apparently got patched by apple with a iOS update which limit the port power to only be able to really do the camera connection thing..

my gripe is why would apple break their OWN product and deprive ppl of the usefullness of this camera connection kit??? what kinda flickin bold faceness is that??? i starting to have 2nd thoughts on this company now yes

User avatar
xtech
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2422
Joined: March 15th, 2006, 2:01 pm
Contact:

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xtech » April 27th, 2012, 10:34 am

BlueGalant HD wrote:^^^^^ So what u telling me is that this method had stopped?

I thought everything happens on the phone itself?


Nope nobody has developed a software hack to unlock every iPhone ever made on any iOS on any baseband as yet.

This was a fly by night once in a blue moon mess up inside apples activation server.

Which they will patch.

xvirus
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xvirus » April 27th, 2012, 1:28 pm

SAM'S UNLOCK IS PATCHED!!!!!

IT WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU SAVED THE ACTIVATION TICKET & ONLY FOR THAT SIM ONLY,I JUST TRIED TO UNLOCK MY SIS IPHONE 4S TO ANOTHER SIM,IT'S ASKING FOR ORIGINAL SIM.

BTW I HAD AN R-SIM SO THAT'S WHAT I USED TO UNLOCK FOR HER :D

User avatar
xtech
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2422
Joined: March 15th, 2006, 2:01 pm
Contact:

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xtech » April 27th, 2012, 8:13 pm

you all should have brought an extra sim just to get extra unlock certs

xvirus
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xvirus » April 28th, 2012, 11:24 am

^ lol i bought a new sim to do it but i stick :(

M_2NR
not Admin
Posts: 7219
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:46 pm

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby M_2NR » April 28th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Unlock certs are tied to the sim.

xvirus
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xvirus » April 29th, 2012, 12:19 am

fixed nevermind :D
Last edited by xvirus on April 29th, 2012, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jm3
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2197
Joined: April 22nd, 2007, 6:40 pm
Location: inside

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby jm3 » April 29th, 2012, 1:26 am

i love my new iphone 4,
i should have bought one long ago,
i have spent all day hacking it just need to wait for the untethered jail break to come out cuz this tethered sheit is a little frustrating but not to bad.
got some really nice dreamboard themes on it aswell.

xvirus
Street 2NR
Posts: 79
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby xvirus » April 29th, 2012, 9:36 pm

jm3 wrote:i love my new iphone 4,
i should have bought one long ago,
i have spent all day hacking it just need to wait for the untethered jail break to come out cuz this tethered sheit is a little frustrating but not to bad.
got some really nice dreamboard themes on it aswell.


:roll:
untethered jailbreak out long time for i4 broo :wink: :mrgreen:

User avatar
mojosodope
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 897
Joined: April 14th, 2011, 5:27 pm

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby mojosodope » April 29th, 2012, 9:39 pm

^not for 5.1...

User avatar
casper
punchin NOS
Posts: 4884
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 11:44 am
Location: P.O.S & Diego Martin

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby casper » May 2nd, 2012, 2:04 pm

FINALLY get my new apple TV the 1080p version....rel excited to go home and hook it up :D

User avatar
iM@st@1
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 824
Joined: July 18th, 2008, 5:03 pm
Location: St. Augustine

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby iM@st@1 » May 2nd, 2012, 7:08 pm



wrd :|

User avatar
AD Solutions
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 1:51 am
Location: South

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby AD Solutions » May 2nd, 2012, 11:36 pm

So the SAM unlock method no longer works?? seemed too good to be true for a few days, any other methods you guys use to unlock a iphone 4 on 4.11.08

User avatar
kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11916
Joined: December 28th, 2007, 9:17 pm
Location: Chilling with Akeem

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby kurpal_v2 » May 2nd, 2012, 11:56 pm

casper wrote:so watch na...i get d camera connection kit for d ipad...it well buuilt and neat etc but wtf can this thing really do man??? ah vex!!!...i read aboput so much cool stuff it can do other than camera connection online but now everything i try to do that ppl posted up i gettin messages saying it taking up too much power etc...then i read online that all the cool stuff u cudda done with it apparently got patched by apple with a iOS update which limit the port power to only be able to really do the camera connection thing..

my gripe is why would apple break their OWN product and deprive ppl of the usefullness of this camera connection kit??? what kinda flickin bold faceness is that??? i starting to have 2nd thoughts on this company now yes



Lol you coulda wait a few more days I woulda give u the USB one, I just want the SD connector.

Was kinda disappointed wen I couldn't load my music from my SD card onto my iPad and had to connect to a pc. Other than that :mrgreen:

User avatar
jm3
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2197
Joined: April 22nd, 2007, 6:40 pm
Location: inside

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby jm3 » May 3rd, 2012, 4:09 am

is it worth upgrading to the iphone 4s from the iphone 4?
A friend of mine is selling a brand new factory unlocked 32gb 4s for 5800 i could get a friend discount on it so i am thinking of selling my new i4 and getting that, what you think?

User avatar
Lucian-2nr
Chronic 2NR
Posts: 1098
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 10:01 pm
Location: "Where the fyahs are geed"

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby Lucian-2nr » May 3rd, 2012, 4:18 am

jm3 wrote:is it worth upgrading to the iphone 4s from the iphone 4?
A friend of mine is selling a brand new factory unlocked 32gb 4s for 5800 i could get a friend discount on it so i am thinking of selling my new i4 and getting that, what you think?


Discussed already....

Parvin wrote:
Lucian-2nr wrote:Hey guys thinking of getting a 4 or 4S (factory unlocked) ...... to those who have owned both is there a major difference in the feel and operation of the two that would justify the price difference?


TBH ... no there isn't much difference.

I'm running iOS 5.0.1 on an iPhone 4 at present and it's almost the same as on the 4S


Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ I have a 4, my wife has a 4S, there isn't that much difference

The biggest difference is that the 4S has SIRI

but there are other advantages:
the 4S is a bit faster all around, it is very apparent when going to take a photo with how much faster the camera starts up.
the 4S camera is leaps and bounds better than the camera in the 4, better sensor, more megapixels, much better lens, much better aperture for low light shooting (sensor helps with this too)
The 4S has AirPlay mirroring (wicked feature), the 4 doesn't

if you're not too interested in SIRI, the camera and AirPlay mirroring, then stick with the 4.

if you don't have a 4 but thinking of which one to buy then definitely buy the 4S.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dredman1, fallen_angel, hindian, Karim Khan, kevin310, kratos123, pugboy, rambo22 and 17 guests