TTASA NIGHT DRAGS - Saturday 28th @ Camden 7pm

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Re: TTASA NIGHT DRAGS - Saturday 28th @ Camden 7pm

Postby EXODUS » April 26th, 2012, 9:44 am

copper_shot wrote:
milkboyz wrote:so what are the drag racers getting in return in events like these .Racers have to PAY to race Spend MONEY to have their cars tuned buy race fuel, drag tires, nitrous an also entertain the spectators an gets NOTTING in return. come on TTASA u all can do better than that.

what do u think they should get?

MILK!

White CZ4A
30 pounds of Boost

Postby White CZ4A » April 26th, 2012, 10:26 am

do I have to come to the briefing meeting on Friday night to register and pay etc? Or can I come on saturday and register and pay?

Tile Expression Ltd.
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Tile Expression Ltd. » April 26th, 2012, 11:02 am

White CZ4A wrote:do I have to come to the briefing meeting on Friday night to register and pay etc? Or can I come on saturday and register and pay?

dat GTR is a draws a crowd, so i sure u cud mustbe jus show up saturday night and run..

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 26th, 2012, 11:14 am

White CZ4A wrote:do I have to come to the briefing meeting on Friday night to register and pay etc? Or can I come on saturday and register and pay?

- ALL entries should be finalised at Friday's briefing meeting.............tents will be ordered based on entries received here
- A Team Rep can attend & complete entry details (register/pay entry fee)........
at this point in time, there is no appreciable change in lead-up procedures for this night drag racing event.......
- scrutineering session is 3-6pm...similar approach to scrutineering tent from main gate as last event
- officials briefing 6.15pm
- drivers' briefing 6.30pm
- open testing session 7-8pm
NB:- There are THREE 'rest' breaks built into the night's activities for the benefit of race teams & patrons (based on suggestions received from both camps)

BURNING RUBBER ON D TRACK FROM 8.15PM TILL C16 (or d local cocktail) RUNS OUT :!: :!: :D :D
Have a GREAT NIGHT'S RACING folks

2013VSPEC
Riding on 13's

Postby 2013VSPEC » April 26th, 2012, 8:59 pm

link wrote:

- ALL entries should be finalised at Friday's briefing meeting.............tents will be ordered based on entries received here
- A Team Rep can attend & complete entry details (register/pay entry fee)........
at this point in time, there is no appreciable change in lead-up procedures for this night drag racing event.......
- scrutineering session is 3-6pm...similar approach to scrutineering tent from main gate as last event
NB:- There are THREE 'rest' breaks built into the night's activities for the benefit of race teams & patrons (based on suggestions received from both camps)

BURNING RUBBER ON D TRACK FROM 8.15PM TILL C16 (or d local cocktail) RUNS OUT :!: :!: :D :D

Good Day all,

I just joined this forum today because I think that there is no other way to voice opinions concerning the certain members of TTASA that cause it to be in the sights that they are in today.

I've been involved in motorsports in Trinidad for quite some time now, and having worked cars that compete in the Drag Racing aspect of Trini, it has come to my attention after much observation of attending EVERY meet in Camden to this very day, that there is a certain individual that stands out.

Mr Link Sampath, you sir have destroyed the name and the credibility of TTASA with your attitude to the public, the racers, the spectators and quite frankly to all members who address you on this internet forum. People ask you questions and you INTENTIONALLY undermine them and embarrass TTASA's name. You parade around this forum, and the track like you OWN everyone, when in truth good sir, you have not yet contributed any POSITIVITY toward this development. The matter concerning the pocketing of finances purely demonstrate your true colours at this day in age. You are a sly individual and from what I've heard from EVERYONE outside TTASA, you are the BOTTLENECK in TTASA's GROWTH and development.

It is quite unfair that TTASA has to fight to cover up your trails and mistakes that you have led them to face. The entire St Lucia fiasco was the TIP of the iceberg. The public would GLADLY support TTASA without your presence remotely close to the steering wheel of their destination.

I've literally heard drivers who have PERSONAL problems due to how you treat and talk to people. Your people skills are quite insulting, not everyone you talk to is your son or daughter, and one day you may speak to someone with the wrong tone, and the way it may implied as quite disrespectful and you may have to suffer quite the circumstances of your words.

TTASA's goals aren't that bad, and they may be a SLOW work in progress, but with the common sense of a ignorant individual such as yourself Mr Link Sampath, you are CLEARLY the keep back on things. Whatever it is you do, from a managerial perspective with regards to TTASA, please take a step back and allow things to FLOW properly. It is pretty clear that there is not a soul in the automotive industry today that supports or can stand you. Please take your arrogance to your job and to your home, and please keep it FAR away from the FAMILY that Trinidad's Racers and Drivers are trying to build.

You Sir...have a good day.
Yours Respectfully,
Jason.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 26th, 2012, 11:32 pm

2013VSPEC wrote:
link wrote:

Good Day all,

I just joined this forum today because I think that there is no other way to voice opinions concerning the certain members of TTASA that cause it to be in the sights that they are in today.

I've been involved in motorsports in Trinidad for quite some time now, and having worked cars that compete in the Drag Racing aspect of Trini, it has come to my attention after much observation of attending EVERY meet in Camden to this very day, that there is a certain individual that stands out.

Mr Link Sampath, you sir have destroyed the name and the credibility of TTASA with your attitude to the public, the racers, the spectators and quite frankly to all members who address you on this internet forum. People ask you questions and you INTENTIONALLY undermine them and embarrass TTASA's name. You parade around this forum, and the track like you OWN everyone, when in truth good sir, you have not yet contributed any POSITIVITY toward this development. The matter concerning the pocketing of finances purely demonstrate your true colours at this day in age. You are a sly individual and from what I've heard from EVERYONE outside TTASA, you are the BOTTLENECK in TTASA's GROWTH and development.

It is quite unfair that TTASA has to fight to cover up your trails and mistakes that you have led them to face. The entire St Lucia fiasco was the TIP of the iceberg. The public would GLADLY support TTASA without your presence remotely close to the steering wheel of their destination.

I've literally heard drivers who have PERSONAL problems due to how you treat and talk to people. Your people skills are quite insulting, not everyone you talk to is your son or daughter, and one day you may speak to someone with the wrong tone, and the way it may implied as quite disrespectful and you may have to suffer quite the circumstances of your words.

TTASA's goals aren't that bad, and they may be a SLOW work in progress, but with the common sense of a ignorant individual such as yourself Mr Link Sampath, you are CLEARLY the keep back on things. Whatever it is you do, from a managerial perspective with regards to TTASA, please take a step back and allow things to FLOW properly. It is pretty clear that there is not a soul in the automotive industry today that supports or can stand you. Please take your arrogance to your job and to your home, and please keep it FAR away from the FAMILY that Trinidad's Racers and Drivers are trying to build.

You Sir...have a good day.
Yours Respectfully,
Jason.

candid opinions are a welcome feature of this forum
Thank you

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 26th, 2012, 11:51 pm

just a reminder :

NIGHT DRAGS at CAMDEN on APRIL 28TH 2012

TTASA wishes to advise that a Night Drags Event has been scheduled for April 28th 2012 at the Camden Raceway.
All Competitors are kindly asked to contact their respective clubs to complete the registration process.

Briefing will take place on Friday April 27th 2012 at the Central Indoor Sport Complex , Saith Park, Chaguanas at 7.30pm

Registration fee - $350.00
NB. All illegal Street Racers are kindly asked to STOP the illegal street racing and come and race in a safe and controlled environment.

Please be advised that a Night Drags Event has been scheduled for April 28th 2012. at Camden. The second round of the Competition Series will now take place on Sunday May 6th.

Rgds

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » April 27th, 2012, 12:13 am

2013VSPEC

:S...

the man does hav a good point there eh link but 2013, u join jus to say that? y dont u confront de man in camden and voice your opinion amongst the other "racers" that allegedly are suffering

moedhoe
Riding on 13's

Postby moedhoe » April 27th, 2012, 1:29 am

As an individual who really love the sport of motor racing it really sad to see this amount of bad blood among individuals I not taking sides but at the end of the day some sort of common ground could be found. The thing is if it continues where would we end up??? as the saying goes one bad apple could spoil the whole barrel.

If it fall in yuh gyarden plant it........

2013VSPEC
Riding on 13's

Postby 2013VSPEC » April 27th, 2012, 2:43 am

geometron wrote:2013VSPEC

:S...

the man does hav a good point there eh link but 2013, u join jus to say that? y dont u confront de man in camden and voice your opinion amongst the other "racers" that allegedly are suffering

I've watched this individual parade around the drag strip LITERALLY like a peacock. There is not ONE individual that would agree with ANY of his motives. I feel sorry for the management staff of TTASA, having such a burden to carry.

I've been to a couple of their race meetings where people constantly address matters and he AVOIDS questions one after the other. Then people would ask where is the transparency in TTASA. Its because of individuals like him that make them look even worse.

I've attempted to speak to this person on more than one occasion on simple things that they should try to improve on, however his 'know it all' arrogant attitude is very annoying. Then week after week, event after event, no IMPROVEMENT was done.

Mr Link Sampath, how does it feel to know that you are the most shady person TTASA has at its table currently :?:

please feel free to continue to avoid all points raised.

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » April 27th, 2012, 5:10 am

or i seee... well i'm sure something could be done...forcefully :D

battoo
Riding on 13's

Postby battoo » April 27th, 2012, 11:55 am

All i have to say Racers spending money to enter to race

you dont win any prizes for example cash or some Tires or a Complete foriegn used Engine if you win a Bracket all you get is a Plastic trophy for the most

You all trying to get Street racers off the streets but u ALL helping Street racing to still race on streets

when they can just go on streets race for free

my point is racers have no gain With TTASA

You all have to Think about the racers and making this A Sport and Not a Money making matter!!

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 27th, 2012, 12:51 pm

Well........just came from Camden Raceway...
tents...bleachers....track washing....grass cutting....fence mending...electricals / lighting towers for Saturday night full steam ahead.......
as we FOCUS ON MAKING THIS EVENT A SUCCESS :idea:
:wink:

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » April 27th, 2012, 1:01 pm

link wrote:Well........just came from Camden Raceway...
tents...bleachers....track washing....grass cutting....fence mending...electricals / lighting towers for Saturday night full steam ahead.......
as we FOCUS ON MAKING THIS EVENT A SUCCESS :idea:
:wink:

trackbite? and more important concrete barriers each side of the 1320? with profit money made from last events?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 27th, 2012, 1:14 pm

NO APPROVAL yet from the relevant authorities for use of traction compound (or any surface-altering substances for that matter)...TTASA is continuing it's efforts, though.
Concrete jersey barriers remain an issue...we need 260 (approx) and, at abt $12k a pop.....you do the math...
rgds

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 27th, 2012, 2:19 pm

So you need to buy all at once? Why not buy bit by bit and eventually end up with 260?

White CZ4A
30 pounds of Boost

Postby White CZ4A » April 27th, 2012, 2:25 pm

link wrote:

ok, will send a rep later to sign up and pay on my behalf.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 27th, 2012, 3:25 pm

pete wrote:So you need to buy all at once? Why not buy bit by bit and eventually end up with 260?

a properly designed modern dragstrip does not have jersey barriers...the temporary status of Camden makes such an investment difficult. Additionally, the move to the Waterloo facility means these barriers will be of no use there........
the plan in Waterloo is to use the new 'plastic' barriers for the circuit track currently employed by FIA

http://www.tecpro.fr/f1/english/advantages.php
rgds

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » April 27th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Link so what are you saying that when TTASA get waterloo it's gonna be for CIRCUIT ONLY?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 27th, 2012, 11:24 pm

good to see many NEW entries for this chapter saturday night.........kudos to the affiliates for their complimentary efforts to curb illegal street racing.....
on another note...of the 60-plus entries received tonight...

it appears that the 12, 13, 14 second 'road warriors' have outnumbered their hapless compatriots in 15, 16 & 17 second classes
a suprising representation of 'open' class competitors also spread entry forms on the table....
AND
apparently arising from affiliate representation, TTASA President Ali has allowed late entries to be put in by said affiliates until 6pm tomorrow......
the callouts have already started in the briefing room.... imagine the heat that's goin' to be on the track tomorrow
:!: :!:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 27th, 2012, 11:35 pm

southside crew wrote:Link so what are you saying that when TTASA get waterloo it's gonna be for CIRCUIT ONLY?

what I said :
a properly designed modern dragstrip does not have jersey barriers..

http://www.topspeedmotorplex.com/p4_didrag_art.htm

which means :
When the move to Waterloo is made, it will be to a
'properly designed drag racing facility which does not have jersey barriers'
hence the followup statement :
the move to the Waterloo facility means these barriers will be of no use there........

that being said...chk this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIhLjcNn ... r_embedded
so u understand the 'difficulty' in justifying this expenditure from 'all d profits' when the funds can be directed specifically at a new drag strip...at the Waterloo facility.
enough of this now...it's off-topic...and will be the subject of another thread in due course.

rgds

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » April 28th, 2012, 8:04 am

link wrote:
southside crew wrote:Link so what are you saying that when TTASA get waterloo it's gonna be for CIRCUIT ONLY?

what I said :
a properly designed modern dragstrip does not have jersey barriers..

http://www.topspeedmotorplex.com/p4_didrag_art.htm

which means :
When the move to Waterloo is made, it will be to a
'properly designed drag racing facility which does not have jersey barriers'
hence the followup statement :
the move to the Waterloo facility means these barriers will be of no use there........

that being said...chk this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIhLjcNn ... r_embedded
so u understand the 'difficulty' in justifying this expenditure from 'all d profits' when the funds can be directed specifically at a new drag strip...at the Waterloo facility.
enough of this now...it's off-topic...and will be the subject of another thread in due course.

rgds

Umm When last have you been to a properly design 1/4 mile dragstrip.
The use of the concrete jersey barriers is one of the most important safety aspect of designing a dragstip. They prevent cars from going into the crowd. Bradeton florida had those metal barriers up for years, and they were lots of complains from drivers about there safety and spectator safety. The owners were forced to change to the jerzey barriers.
The video proved the affectiveneness of the jersey barriers.
SO go strong with your plastic barriers on a full 1/4 mile track. I'll be reading about you guys in the papers.
ZMAX DRAGSTRIP - CHARLOTTE MOTORSPORTS PARK
What do they have lining both sides of the 2 strips? Plastic Barriers?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 28th, 2012, 8:19 am

yr so ready to negatively criticise.............
I NEVER SAID PLASTIC BARRIERS WILL BE USED FOR A DRAG STRIP.........
60’ (Includes 1’ Concrete Barrier on each side)...TAKEN FROM THE LINK i PROVIDED ABOVE........that you OBVIOUSLY didn't bother to check
take ah eye fuh dat
:roll:

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » April 28th, 2012, 8:41 am

Link I thought the waterloo facility was abandoned but seems i thought wrong , whats the latest with it?

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » April 28th, 2012, 8:56 am

link wrote:
pete wrote:So you need to buy all at once? Why not buy bit by bit and eventually end up with 260?

a properly designed modern dragstrip does not have jersey barriers...the temporary status of Camden makes such an investment difficult. Additionally, the move to the Waterloo facility means these barriers will be of no use there........
the plan in Waterloo is to use the new 'plastic' barriers for the circuit track currently employed by FIA

rgds

See highlight above. So TTASA palnning on using sand bags on the "drag strip at waterloo"?
Next thing what is the estimated cost of on of these "advance new barriers" as compared to a Jersey Barrier?

GONE2THEGRAVE
Riding on 13's

Postby GONE2THEGRAVE » April 28th, 2012, 9:21 am

OH GOD give ah MAN AH HAMPER at least nah because usually we STREET RACERS race for MONEY, AH MAN GIRL :mrgreen: and sometimes just for RESPECT. 0X

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 28th, 2012, 1:30 pm

dragaholic wrote:
link wrote:

rgds

See highlight above. So TTASA palnning on using sand bags on the "drag strip at waterloo"?
Next thing what is the estimated cost of on of these "advance new barriers" as compared to a Jersey Barrier?

I need to add ONE word to my statement & u might understand the rest of the post :
a properly designed modern dragstrip does not necessarily have jersey barriers..

the use of reinforced concrete walls is being considered :
60’ (Includes 1’ Concrete Barrier on each side)
...TAKEN FROM THE LINK i PROVIDED ABOVE
if u want to talk about the pros/cons of building a dragstrip...ask the Mods to start another thread with yr contributions...don't spam this Camden Night Drags thread.
another eye
:roll:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 28th, 2012, 1:32 pm

GONE2THEGRAVE wrote:OH GOD give ah MAN AH HAMPER at least nah because usually we STREET RACERS race for MONEY, AH MAN GIRL :mrgreen: and sometimes just for RESPECT. 0X

ok
catch the 'respect' factor first by attending at Camden....
then we move forward....ever...
BUT
u kno' TTASA will get pressure forever more if
we STREET RACERS race for MONEY, AH MAN GIRL

at Camden..right ??
rgds

GONE2THEGRAVE
Riding on 13's

Postby GONE2THEGRAVE » April 28th, 2012, 2:33 pm

UNDERSTOOD :wink:, I support this event 100 % , hope the 10sec cars :twisted: will be there. HOWEVER THE majority of my Crew is already preparing for tomorrow's CAR SHOW AT THE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE.

BEST REGARDS :drinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXEqEurdlD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1R8Kr4gZ6E

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » April 28th, 2012, 3:01 pm

got several 'open' class entries......
it will be interesting to see these in outright competition next week at the 2nd round of the National Championships
rgds

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”